PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.02 Update - PS3 4/29 - 360 TBD

JBHuskers
04-23-2013, 01:54 PM
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/0/9462671.page#28318724

From Sean Wilson:

I actually have a lot of info today. Basically I have some good news and some bad news.

I'll start with the good...

All Sony patches (America and Europe) have been approved. The patches are currently scheduled to go live on 4/29/13 @ 8 am GMT, which translates to 4 am EST. This release time frame is not dictated by us, and is the soonest we can make the patch available. I will be meeting with hands and the online team to discuss when we will be wiping the PS3 h2h stats and any other affected stats, but it will be as close to the patch release time as possible. I will report back when I have more info later this week.

now the bad news...

Microsoft found a crash bug late last night and they are requiring we fix it. We have already made the fix and are testing around it at our studio today. If all goes well, and so far it is going well, a new build will go back into official submission tomorrow. Based on past results, my hope is that we can get the Microsoft patch out no later than a week after the Sony patch, though we are again dependent on Microsoft testing timelines.

If any new information becomes available I will be sure to get it to you as soon as possible.

bdoughty
04-24-2013, 02:29 AM
Thankfully I only play offline and have only run into some equipment glitches/resets.

SCClassof93
04-25-2013, 03:11 PM
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9467345.page

Most stats being reset. Good move imho.:up:

JBHuskers
04-25-2013, 03:20 PM
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9467345.page

Most stats being reset. Good move imho.:up:

Nice little nugget for all of this...

In addition, on Monday morning we will be crediting everyone's account with 25,000 coins as a thank you for your continued patience.

bdoughty
04-25-2013, 11:00 PM
Nice little nugget for all of this...

Better put on a couple pairs of socks, the ground is starting to get a bit nippy.

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 07:29 AM
The patch should be live now for PS3.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SCClassof93
04-29-2013, 12:04 PM
New bugs now, putter vanishes and clubs reset to default. :fp:

CLW
04-29-2013, 12:40 PM

Honestly, at this point I'm just about finished with this game. IF I have the "show nothing" glitch and this glitch to deal with I may just call it a year.

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 12:58 PM

Your golf bag is reset to default? Or are you talking about Country Clubs? The Country Club reset was public, went hand in hand with the online reset to make sure eveyrone was back on a level playing field due to the stat padding issue.

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 01:58 PM
To fix the club resetting problem (I figured out what it was now)....shut down your system completely after the patch and reboot. It'll work from here on out.

SCClassof93
04-29-2013, 02:20 PM
To fix the club resetting problem (I figured out what it was now)....shut down your system completely after the patch and reboot. It'll work from here on out.

I have not seen this myself yet. Many guys I have played so far this morning (even after a reboot) are getting their clubs reset and having their putters vanish. I play fast and have seen their players just holding a grip. The only bug I have had is in any mode my utility club's shaft vanishes. I have a grip and club head but no shaft. Guess we know what MS found that Sony nor EA did :dunno:

I am hearing a lot of frustration online right now.

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 02:27 PM
From HANDSWARD:

http://www.thegamesvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?4949-TW14-patch-1-01&p=32210&viewfull=1#post32210

A little more investigation into this and it appears that playing an online h2h game is the cause. If you play h2h your clubs will get reset to the default in the bag setup and starter series clubs. This will continue to happen if you go into other modes after you play the online h2h. If you reboot after the online h2h (make sure you fix your in the bag first) the issue will go away unless you go play online h2h again.

We are looking into it further...

SCClassof93
04-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Any info on vanishing putters yet? I have now seen guys holding a grip (they are ticked) and a grip with shaft (think pool stick) instead of a full putter. My hybrid shaft has vanished for good it seems. I still get just a grip and club head with no shaft.

For a bit of good news I have yet to crash :))

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm sure you grip with a shaft... ;)

SCClassof93
04-29-2013, 04:20 PM
I'm sure you grip with a shaft... ;)

Being "shaft less" is no laughing matter :glare:

JBHuskers
04-29-2013, 04:50 PM
Being "shaft less" is no laughing matter :glare:

Always thought you lacked a set ;)

SCClassof93
04-29-2013, 05:05 PM
And now I have had my clubs reset to default. Weird that when I look at equipment it is what I want but not what is in "my bag" menu. Major pain in the butt if this must be reset every time. And yes I should have not mentioned crashes as I just had one to to play a quick event :fp:

CLW
04-29-2013, 05:10 PM
And now I have had my clubs reset to default. Weird that when I look at equipment it is what I want but not what is in "my bag" menu. Major pain in the butt if this must be reset every time. And yes I should have not mentioned crashes as I just had one to to play a quick event :fp:

EA's just punishing its conservative consumers b/c we caused it to win the Worst Company in America Award 2nd year in a row. :nod:

ram29jackson
04-29-2013, 08:44 PM
some of that disappearing club/putter stuff is happening in the Masters game too

SCClassof93
04-29-2013, 10:43 PM
Over on the ea forums the frustration and anger is growing. Check the third post and following.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/90/9476584.page

I for one have given up on head to head matches.....resetting clubs every time is a pain and it is lame to beat a guy with no putter visible. This game had so much potential but so did the Titanic :fp:

ram29jackson
04-29-2013, 11:08 PM
Over on the ea forums the frustration and anger is growing. Check the third post and following.
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/90/9476584.page

I for one have given up on head to head matches.....resetting clubs every time is a pain and it is lame to beat a guy with no putter visible. This game had so much potential but so did the Titanic

the horndog sa guy invited me to his club earlier today

SCClassof93
04-30-2013, 08:12 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mecffj69Wg1qfw2dno1_400.gif

JBHuskers
04-30-2013, 10:16 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mecffj69Wg1qfw2dno1_400.gif

I'm saving this GIF :D :nod:

ram29jackson
04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
just saying its a small world

JBHuskers
04-30-2013, 10:45 AM
just saying its a small world

It's good to know that a horndog guy wants your services. :nod:

SCClassof93
04-30-2013, 10:55 AM
It's good to know that a horndog guy wants your services. :nod:

he passed on me because of my "shaft less" problem :glare::D

JBHuskers
04-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Ugh it's so frustrating to read all the issues post-patch. This is my favorite Tiger this gen I think. Thankfully most of the issues I'm reading, I haven't witnessed yet.

SCClassof93
04-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Ugh it's so frustrating to read all the issues post-patch. This is my favorite Tiger this gen I think. Thankfully most of the issues I'm reading, I haven't witnessed yet.

Play head to head and see.

CLW
04-30-2013, 03:25 PM

I'm afraid to even pop the game in due to fears it will fry my launch PS3. :smh:

JBHuskers
04-30-2013, 03:39 PM

No. :D

CLW
04-30-2013, 04:10 PM
Do you think these issues are the ones MS caught and thus rejected the patch?

JBHuskers
04-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Do you think these issues are the ones MS caught and thus rejected the patch?

No clue.

SCClassof93
04-30-2013, 05:01 PM
J.B. we have found that after EVERY round played if you

1. go to my golfer and look at your equipment menu FIRST and see if your putter has changed
2. if it has switch it back and save you will be good to go

If you fail to remember to do this each round your entire set of clubs resets to default. Not sure if hands knows this but feel free to forward it. I just left playing a bit with about 20 guys and everyone has this issue. Those that remember to check the putter in equipment (not bag) and make the switch have no problem.......but this must be done after every round. Pain, but better than resetting everything.

JBHuskers
04-30-2013, 05:51 PM
J.B. we have found that after EVERY round played if you

1. go to my golfer and look at your equipment menu FIRST and see if your putter has changed
2. if it has switch it back and save you will be good to go

If you fail to remember to do this each round your entire set of clubs resets to default. Not sure if hands knows this but feel free to forward it. I just left playing a bit with about 20 guys and everyone has this issue. Those that remember to check the putter in equipment (not bag) and make the switch have no problem.......but this must be done after every round. Pain, but better than resetting everything.

Yeah it's known. Trying to find the exact trigger of what's causing it right now.

gigemaggs99
05-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Is it just me or since the patch has the commentary been turned off?

I hear zero commentary now.

Another thing that was nice on Tiger Woods 11, you hear roars from the gallery from other holes when other players on the course do something good. I wish they had that on TW14.

SCClassof93
05-10-2013, 08:05 AM
Is it just me or since the patch has the commentary been turned off?

I hear zero commentary now.

Another thing that was nice on Tiger Woods 11, you hear roars from the gallery from other holes when other players on the course do something good. I wish they had that on TW14.

Have not seen this problem yet.

JBHuskers
05-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Does anyone have audio cutting out problems? I have had that since day one. The ambiance cuts out.

gigemaggs99
05-10-2013, 12:01 PM
I don't get any of the cut scene commentary or commentary at all.

When I start a round it's like I'm holding down the X button to skip it all but I'm not touching the controller.

I have 0 commentary.

As far as the audio cutting in and out, I seem to have music playing at the cut screen when it shows my score card, it will do this for the first few holes, then nothing for about 10 holes, then later towards the end of the round the music will return.

SCClassof93
05-13-2013, 11:56 AM
At some point you have to start to think that they are not going to do a second patch :fp: It has been well over a week since one of the developers stated it was not up to him but he was hopeful they would get the okay. The fact that the decision makers at EA Sports have not made this call yet is alarming. I have played way more HTH this year and I can state many long time buyers are about to give up and I have even chatted with three old timers like me that have stated they will not return with their money "next time". Again, it is beyond me that they can't even tell us if the thing will get fixed or not.

JBHuskers
05-13-2013, 12:52 PM
Everyone uses the threat that they're done, and sure enough when the new game is out they buy it. I've seen that being said over and over throughout the years with many people :D that's done with a lot of titles, and it's the same story.

Not sure what the future holds for 14 yet in terms of patches or whatnot.

SCClassof93
05-14-2013, 11:48 AM
Everyone uses the threat that they're done, and sure enough when the new game is out they buy it. I've seen that being said over and over throughout the years with many people :D that's done with a lot of titles, and it's the same story.

Not sure what the future holds for 14 yet in terms of patches or whatnot.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2AEM6xzUtN4Ij_LFzdzCCrIqINtvne yZIA0LOwiaDA1oieDwR

JBHuskers
05-14-2013, 12:13 PM
For me, the things that are wrong don't kill the game for me. I've played a ton this year compared to last year. I think TGV has some to do with that too though.

SCClassof93
05-14-2013, 01:13 PM
This was nice to read and while I understand the complaints about all the stat issues the things I highlighted are the MAJOR problems.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9504577.page

Though I can't officially confirm a date for a possible 2nd patch yet, I wanted to let everyone know that the dev team is still working on fixes. I still need to get final approval to release the patch, but hopefully that will happen.

As mentioned before, I do not want to go crazy with fixing every 'little' thing as we could just introduce more issues. I want to try to fix or at least improve things that I would consider game-breakers. And some of these are tricky because we can't repro them, but I appreciate the anguish they are causing some users so we're really trying to dig and figure them out.

Here's the list of things I'm targeting to include as fixes or improvements for a potential 2nd patch:

* Clubs Reset/Invisible Clubs Issue
* Crashing in Connected Tourneys :bang:
* Career Cut Line Issue
* Ball stuttering in Head 2 Head matches
* The word 'Spectating' appearing in the HUD in some online matches
* Please wait hangs in Head 2 Head matches

I've seen a list of other bugs that for the most part I would consider minor, visual only, or have relatively easy work-around options that we won't be addressing. If I could fix everything I would. But the realities are that when we mess around in too many areas we introduce new issues. So the occasional camera glitch or stat issue (that can't be fixed on the server) will probably remain.

I'll keep everyone posted.

CLW
05-14-2013, 02:01 PM
I've noticed since the 1st patch that my golfer often turns into a contortionist bending like a pretzel all over the place. I haven't tried to swing like that out of fear of the result but it seems to go away by hitting circle and then X to go back.

JBHuskers
05-14-2013, 02:25 PM
I've noticed since the 1st patch that my golfer often turns into a contortionist bending like a pretzel all over the place. I haven't tried to swing like that out of fear of the result but it seems to go away by hitting circle and then X to go back.

Just a visual glitch. Won't affect your shot at all.

SCClassof93
05-16-2013, 11:32 AM
yet another crash during a connected event :fp: and still no confirmation on a second patch :fp:

skipwondah33
05-16-2013, 01:45 PM
When playing in H2H matches with friends, while I'm spectating their shot their guy will hilariously continue to slide to the the spot of their next shot.

It's pretty funny when you see it though it doesn't bother me

SCClassof93
05-31-2013, 01:29 PM
So after after a couple more crashes in online events Monday I decided to take some time away from the ps3. Turned it back on this am loaded a 5 hole event and CRASH between #2 and #3 :fp:. FWIW, EA has still not approved a second patch for the club switching issue, broken stats etc.

CLW
05-31-2013, 01:41 PM
So after after a couple more crashes in online events Monday I decided to take some time away from the ps3. Turned it back on this am loaded a 5 hole event and CRASH between #2 and #3 :fp:. FWIW, EA has still not approved a second patch for the club switching issue, broken stats etc.

Yeah right now I'm only playing the weekly TGT tour. It's sad this is the game we will have for 2 years but it is what it is at this point a frustrating exercise at a game of darts.

JBHuskers
05-31-2013, 01:48 PM
I've played a lot, and still am. Have only froze maybe 3 times total. I run a tournament on TGV every Tuesday, playing in HANDSWARD'S Wednesday league, playing in Tour Pro Thursday tournaments at TGV, plus my league and the CC Tour, along with the TGV daily CC tourneys.

SCClassof93
05-31-2013, 01:52 PM
I've played a lot, and still am. Have only froze maybe 3 times total. I run a tournament on TGV every Tuesday, playing in HANDSWARD'S Wednesday league, playing in Tour Pro Thursday tournaments at TGV, plus my league and the CC Tour, along with the TGV daily CC tourneys.

Play any connected events? This is where I have most of my trouble.

JBHuskers
05-31-2013, 02:45 PM
Play any connected events? This is where I have most of my trouble.

Yep. Mostly 5-hole and 18-hole one try Tournament difficulty.

SCClassof93
05-31-2013, 06:57 PM
Yep. Mostly 5-hole and 18-hole one try Tournament difficulty.
That is where most of my trouble has been. HTH matches produce the club change and connected events the crashes.

SCClassof93
07-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Here is an article that somehow got deleted from the EA forum.

http://www.operationsports.com/MMChrisS/blog/26000-ea-stuck-in-the-sand-on-existence-of-a-second-tiger-patch/

SCClassof93
07-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Yeah, not that anyone cares but I am going to give ea "management" another week to at least acknowledge that there will be a second patch. If not I will say "so long TW14" and trade it in and begin to look forward to another golf game from another company.

JBHuskers
07-22-2013, 10:49 AM
I know that it is being worked on.

SCClassof93
07-22-2013, 04:27 PM
That is good news and similar to what one of the devs posted over at ea about a month ago but he also posted that management had not approved one yet :dunno:

JBHuskers
07-22-2013, 05:42 PM
I know management is getting prodded to push the approval. And that was within the last week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SCClassof93
07-22-2013, 05:48 PM
I know management is getting prodded to push the approval. And that was within the last week.

:up:

SCClassof93
08-26-2013, 04:20 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0ankfnUTS1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

bdoughty
08-27-2013, 12:34 AM
http://www.easports.com/careers/orlando

Our Values

Be Bold
Think Customers First
Create Quality and Innovation
Act With Integrity
Be Accountable
Learn and Grow

SCClassof93
08-27-2013, 07:16 AM
http://www.easports.com/careers/orlando

Our Values

Be Bold
Think Customers First
Create Quality and Innovation
Act With Integrity
Be Accountable
Learn and Grow

http://i616.photobucket.com/albums/tt247/graphene_gfx/Ryan%20Reynolds%20GIFS/SNICKER.gif

SCClassof93
09-17-2013, 06:17 PM
FWIW this was posted today on ea's tw14 forum. This is from a forum mod "EAcom Golf Tim" and is his response to his attempt to get an answer from ANYONE on the dev team about a 2nd patch.

Have had no response from EA. I am going to assume there is no 2nd patch, but that is certainly not "official". Quite honestly, this is very poor on EA's part and I do not blame others for reacting accordingly.

CLW
09-17-2013, 06:31 PM
FWIW this was posted today on ea's tw14 forum. This is from a forum mod "EAcom Golf Tim" and is his response to his attempt to get an answer from ANYONE on the dev team about a 2nd patch.

Have had no response from EA. I am going to assume there is no 2nd patch, but that is certainly not "official". Quite honestly, this is very poor on EA's part and I do not blame others for reacting accordingly.

I suspect they are DONE with TW and are working on their PS4/Xbone1 game which will be released in 2014 or 2015. Its sort of the same thing they have done with NCAA this year. Release it briefly support it and then just stop communicating with the community.

JBHuskers
09-18-2013, 01:15 PM
I think Tiger is already off the board for 2014 unless there is a surprise. It wasn't listed in the fiscal report.

SCClassof93
09-18-2013, 01:33 PM

I think Tiger is already off the board for 2014 unless there is a surprise. It wasn't listed in the fiscal report.

Not sure if you remember (from 7/22) so I will include the quote. Any idea what happened?? Any clue as to why their customer service department can't/won't confirm "no 2nd patch" so folks can move on? I know it does not show here but there are many folks that are upset and just want a response on the EA forums :dunno:

JBHuskers
09-18-2013, 01:41 PM
I know Hands was trying to push hard with the higher ups. My guess is he got shot down.