PDA

View Full Version : GameZone: NCAA Football 14 replaces Big East with American Athletic Conference

cdj
04-22-2013, 04:38 PM
GameZone has confirmed that the Big East name and logo will no longer be utilized in NCAA Football 14 and replaced with the American Athletic Conference (http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/04/22/ncaa-football-14-replaces-big-east-with-american-athletic-conference). While this is not a surprise, the relatively late name announcement had some wondering how it would be handled in-game.

EA's Brad Hilderbrand confirmed to me that the Big East name has been replaced with American, "their preferred shorthand name rather than AAC." Since the conference has yet to finalize their logo, EA is using the NCAA pennant as a placeholder; it will be updated once the official American conference logo is decided.

NCAA Football 14 will also be up-to-date with the latest conference realignments. Get ready because there's quite a few changes. Pitt and Syracuse will be moved to the ACC, while UCF, Houston, SMU, and Memphis are added to the American. Again, the American conference will be changed in next year's version as Rutgers and Louisville are set to leave the conference while it adds East Carolina, Tulane and Tulsa in 2014.

Meanwhile, FAU, FIU, MTSU La Tech, North Texas, and UTSA are now in Conference USA. Replacing those teams in the Sun Belt will be South Alabaman, Georgia State, and Texas State. Utah State and San Jose opted to join the Mountain West. Idaho New Mexico State and Old Dominion are now Independents. Lastly, the WAC has been removed entirely as that conference no longer plays football.

Click here to read the entire article from GameZone (http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/04/22/ncaa-football-14-replaces-big-east-with-american-athletic-conference).

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?690-GameZone-NCAA-Football-14-replaces-Big-East-with-American-Athletic-Conference

SmoothPancakes
04-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Sweet! I was hoping that they would have enough time to get the switch made in-game. And excellent! With all those changes already made in game, I'll have only a handful of further changes to make to get everything accurate to the 2020 season in my coaching career dynasty when I fire up '14.

CLW
04-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Did they fix the "issue" regarding being force to have at least 1 Indy; etc...?

I'm sure most of us will want to continue on with custom conferences but it became a pain to try to make all of the moving parts work due to the limitations of the Indy as well as minimum teams in a conference etc...

SmoothPancakes
04-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Did they fix the "issue" regarding being force to have at least 1 Indy; etc...?

I'm sure most of us will want to continue on with custom conferences but it became a pain to try to make all of the moving parts work due to the limitations of the Indy as well as minimum teams in a conference etc...

I would imagine. Which is fine. We get three new schools this year, the WAC is FINALLY dead and gone, that will definitely help matters. As for me, I keep Notre Dame an Indy anyways, so I have no problems there.

dhook27
04-22-2013, 04:56 PM
if they can do this you can bet they will have the playoff after a year in a dynasty

SmoothPancakes
04-22-2013, 04:59 PM
if they can do this you can bet they will have the playoff after a year in a dynasty

Uh, yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

countryboy
04-22-2013, 05:11 PM
So did I read that right? After the first year is completed, Louisville will be moved to the ACC automatically in the game without me having to move them?

Sweet!

SmoothPancakes
04-22-2013, 05:21 PM
So did I read that right? After the first year is completed, Louisville will be moved to the ACC automatically in the game without me having to move them?

Sweet!

No, they were just saying, there will still be more moves to be made in NCAA '15 with the bunch of changes still to take place in real life in 2014, but you'll have to manually move them yourself like you do right now. They won't be moved by EA until NCAA '15.

countryboy
04-22-2013, 06:54 PM
No, they were just saying, there will still be more moves to be made in NCAA '15 with the bunch of changes still to take place in real life in 2014, but you'll have to manually move them yourself like you do right now. They won't be moved by EA until NCAA '15.

Oh ok....lol...

It's Monday and I had a hectic day at work. I'm just glad I could find my way home tonight...LOL

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Jayrah
04-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Again, nobody knows how this is going to work still. There's no way playoffs make it into 14 because there's no way to properly implement it in game without knowledge of how it will occur IRL. Also, they'll have to totally reprogram the code for it, so there's no way to implement both systems in one game. :smh:

dhook27
04-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Again, nobody knows how this is going to work still. There's no way playoffs make it into 14 because there's no way to properly implement it in game without knowledge of how it will occur IRL. Also, they'll have to totally reprogram the code for it, so there's no way to implement both systems in one game. :smh:
way to rain on my parade LOl

SmoothPancakes
04-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Oh ok....lol...

It's Monday and I had a hectic day at work. I'm just glad I could find my way home tonight...LOL

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Lol, I know that feeling VERY well. :) Always happy to help! Any other questions, feel free to ask and someone will help you out and answer them for you.

SmoothPancakes
04-22-2013, 07:08 PM
way to rain on my parade LOl

Maybe, but he's just being honest. The only way it would ever show up this year would be if the NCAA team went rogue and made up their own system. Until then, we're not going to see a playoff until NCAA '15 at the absolute earliest. The NCAA themselves still have no clue on how the hell they gonna pull off a playoff. Depending on when exactly the NCAA gets all this crap figured out, honestly, it very well could even be NCAA '16 before we'd see a playoff in the game, if the NCAA takes until late spring/early summer of next year to finalize the details of the playoff system.

dhook27
04-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Maybe, but he's just being honest. The only way it would ever show up this year would be if the NCAA team went rogue and made up their own system. Until then, we're not going to see a playoff until NCAA '15 at the absolute earliest. The NCAA themselves still have no clue on how the hell they gonna pull off a playoff. Depending on when exactly the NCAA gets all this crap figured out, honestly, it very well could even be NCAA '16 before we'd see a playoff in the game, if the NCAA takes until late spring/early summer of next year to finalize the details of the playoff system.
sadly the NCAA series might not be around in 16 because of all this crap with the lawsuits

countryboy
04-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Lol, I know that feeling VERY well. :) Always happy to help! Any other questions, feel free to ask and someone will help you out and answer them for you.

Will do....thanks again.

Very friendly forum and community. Good to see a place where differing opinions are met with objectivity and respect and are discussed maturely.

SmoothPancakes
04-22-2013, 07:33 PM
sadly the NCAA series might not be around in 16 because of all this crap with the lawsuits

All we can do is wait and find out unfortunately.

Will do....thanks again.

Very friendly forum and community. Good to see a place where differing opinions are met with objectivity and respect and are discussed maturely.

Yep, part of the reason I love this place. Many of us will always disagree with things in the game, just look at the discussion regarding stuff like facemasks and socks. But, we can still keep it respectful and mature.

countryboy
04-22-2013, 08:32 PM
All we can do is wait and find out unfortunately.

Yep, part of the reason I love this place. Many of us will always disagree with things in the game, just look at the discussion regarding stuff like facemasks and socks. But, we can still keep it respectful and mature.

Yeah...its nice to be allowed to discuss opinions. :)

dhook27
04-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Not to mention they close every thread with constructive criticism

souljahbill
04-22-2013, 09:55 PM
Don't we have a gentleman's understanding here not to discuss other forums and their policies?

SmoothPancakes
04-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Don't we have a gentleman's understanding here not to discuss other forums and their policies?

Do we? I honestly can't remember.

GatorBait06NC
04-23-2013, 02:19 AM

They do know how the NCAA playoffs will work, top 4 BCS teams get in. Semi Finals will rotate between the Cotton, Orange, Sugar, and one other, cant remember and the finals is the BCS championship game.

It would be a complete bummer to not have a playoff option in NCAA's dynasty mode. What's the point of playing past 1 year? They can have custom conferences, but not a 4 team playoff.

What is really needed is the ability to remove and rename conferences. And ability to edit conference schedules, you need to be able to AT LEAST edit the home and away in conference scheduling so there is no glitches where you constantly play a team on the road 4 years in a row.

I saw in presentation they had kickoff nuetral games, hopefully those exist in future years of dynasty. I would be nice if you could edit every team's schedule. It would not be that complicated.

THE MAIN THING, is better poll logic. Also include realistic national championship games. I hate in year 5 of dynasty a Marshall vs SMU national title game. That is just ridiculous.

Jayrah
04-23-2013, 05:30 AM
They do know how the NCAA playoffs will work, top 4 BCS teams get in. Semi Finals will rotate between the Cotton, Orange, Sugar, and one other, cant remember and the finals is the BCS championship game.

It would be a complete bummer to not have a playoff option in NCAA's dynasty mode. What's the point of playing past 1 year? They can have custom conferences, but not a 4 team playoff.

What is really needed is the ability to remove and rename conferences. And ability to edit conference schedules, you need to be able to AT LEAST edit the home and away in conference scheduling so there is no glitches where you constantly play a team on the road 4 years in a row.

I saw in presentation they had kickoff nuetral games, hopefully those exist in future years of dynasty. I would be nice if you could edit every team's schedule. It would not be that complicated.

THE MAIN THING, is better poll logic. Also include realistic national championship games. I hate in year 5 of dynasty a Marshall vs SMU national title game. That is just ridiculous.No that's not necessarily true. Last I heard they will have a BCS committee or some crap VOTE on the four teams to get in, so it won't necessarily be the 'top 4' according to the BCS standings. Still to be determined; How the committee will be put together for voting, how it will be determined who is eligible to be in this playoff and how the rest of the bowl system will play out (particularly the rest of the current BCS Bowls). That's three things you simply cannot account for as a video game programmer and unfortunately, a LOT of time will probably be dedicated to that aspect in '15 while other things will have to be passed up.

xMrHitStickx904
04-23-2013, 10:54 AM
This community here has always been good, other places ... well we'll not discuss those lol.

Having the AAC in for the game is good; if I do play dynasty I'd probably just move UofL to the ACC a year early though, just to get it out of the way. Speaking of that, do conferences invite you to their league still in dynasty mode? I haven't seen a "Congratulations, you've been invited to (Insert conference name)!" screen with an accept, or decline option that showed the team you would replace since the PS2 days.

SmoothPancakes
04-23-2013, 11:10 AM
This community here has always been good, other places ... well we'll not discuss those lol.

Having the AAC in for the game is good; if I do play dynasty I'd probably just move UofL to the ACC a year early though, just to get it out of the way. Speaking of that, do conferences invite you to their league still in dynasty mode? I haven't seen a "Congratulations, you've been invited to (Insert conference name)!" screen with an accept, or decline option that showed the team you would replace since the PS2 days.

I want to think, that I read somewhere in years past that they took that out, since you can now move teams around to your heart's content every off-season. Don't quote me on that though, my memory could just be making things up on me. :D

SmoothPancakes
04-23-2013, 04:05 PM

THE MAIN THING, is better poll logic. Also include realistic national championship games. I hate in year 5 of dynasty a Marshall vs SMU national title game. That is just ridiculous.

No that's not necessarily true. Last I heard they will have a BCS committee or some crap VOTE on the four teams to get in, so it won't necessarily be the 'top 4' according to the BCS standings. Still to be determined; How the committee will be put together for voting, how it will be determined who is eligible to be in this playoff and how the rest of the bowl system will play out (particularly the rest of the current BCS Bowls). That's three things you simply cannot account for as a video game programmer and unfortunately, a LOT of time will probably be dedicated to that aspect in '15 while other things will have to be passed up.

Lo' and behold, the reason why there isn't yet a playoff option in the game. Because they still don't have the details worked out. It hasn't even been determined yet in regards to how teams will be selected for the playoff, much less the other major bowl games that aren't semifinals hosts, especially since the BCS will basically no longer exist next year.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9204021/college-football-playoff-expected-new-name-four-team-playoff-sources

PASADENA, Calif. -- College Football Playoff will be the new name of the four-team playoff, which begins after the 2014 regular season, sources told ESPN.

This is the final season of the BCS (Bowl Championship Series). For months, the commissioners have said they wanted a simple name for the new playoff.

"It will be simple," BCS executive director Bill Hancock said earlier this week. "It will not be cutesy. And it will be descriptive. I've seen too many people make mistakes by trying to be cutesy."

An official announcement about the new name will made at about 8 p.m. ET. from the Langham Hotel in Pasadena.

Other items on the agenda this week include the naming of the first national title game site as well as the six bowls that will make up the semifinal rotation for the next 12 years.

Sources told ESPN the Fiesta, Cotton and Chick-fil-A bowls will join the Rose, Sugar and Orange bowls in the six-bowl semifinal rotation for college football's new playoff.

Also, Arlington, Texas, and Cowboys Stadium officially will be awarded the first national championship game despite a strong bid from underdog Tampa, Fla. The first title game of the College Football Playoff will be Jan. 12, 2015.

On Thursday, the commissioners will discuss at length and possibly reveal more details about how the selection committee will be determined. The 14-20 person selection committee will be responsible for ranking, or seeding, and selecting the four teams that make the playoffs as well as rank the remaining teams that will compete in the other four major bowls each year that don't host the semifinals.

steelerfan
04-23-2013, 06:57 PM
I want to think, that I read somewhere in years past that they took that out, since you can now move teams around to your heart's content every off-season. Don't quote me on that though, my memory could just be making things up on me. :D

That was taken out in NCAA 12, when Custom Conferences was added.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

SmoothPancakes
04-23-2013, 07:32 PM
That was taken out in NCAA 12, when Custom Conferences was added.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

That's right! I knew I had memory of reading about them taking it out, since they had added Custom Conferences, I just couldn't remember when or where I was remembering it from (or if I was even remembering the correct details).

countryboy
04-23-2013, 07:43 PM
I love the custom conference feature. I set it up the way that I want it to play out and then I typically don't switch after that.

cdj
04-23-2013, 09:12 PM
We would prefer no public criticism of other sites. No one is in trouble, but we did remove any posts that may be offensive to other websites. Thank you and carry on.

bdoughty
04-23-2013, 09:22 PM
You removed my welcome to TGT to Countryboy?

Attica... Attica... Attica... ;)

PeteyKirch
04-24-2013, 06:11 PM
I'd hope EA would find a way to already have updated fields available for teams like Rutgers and UL who are leaving the Big East, AAC, whatever it's going to be called.

Odds are I'll have to move them to their new conferences, and yet the jerseys and field will still bear the logos of the old teams.

Jayrah
04-24-2013, 07:13 PM
I'd hope EA would find a way to already have updated fields available for teams like Rutgers and UL who are leaving the Big East, AAC, whatever it's going to be called.

Odds are I'll have to move them to their new conferences, and yet the jerseys and field will still bear the logos of the old teams.Thought they fixed that last year so the field art would update with your team???

dhook27
04-24-2013, 07:46 PM
they did fix it i think hes trolling'.... Jk

TIMB0B
04-24-2013, 10:55 PM
Idaho and New Mexico State will join the Sun Belt (again) beginning the 2014 season. The conference will have an East and West division.

East
Appalachian State (2014)
Georgia Southern (2014)
Georgia State (2013)
South Alabama (2013)
Troy
Western Kentucky (joins CUSA in 2014)

West
Idaho (2014)
New Mexico State (2014)
Texas State (2013)
Arkansas State
Louisiana
Louisiana-Monroe

Is Georgia State in NCAA 14?

SmoothPancakes
04-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Georgia State, Old Dominion and South Alabama will be in the game this year. We'll have to wait until NCAA '15 for Appalachian State and Georgia Southern.

GatorBait06NC
04-25-2013, 02:45 AM
Georgia State, Old Dominion and South Alabama will be in the game this year. We'll have to wait until NCAA '15 for Appalachian State and Georgia Southern.

If EA really wanted to impress the buyers, they should input an option where you can take team builder teams and ADD them to the dynasty without having to remove another team. That way we can add App State and GA Southern on our own.

The playoff was announced more detailed a day ago or so. So now EA knows and needs to input the option. Just make it to where the top 4 BCS teams go. If you don't like, toggle it off. I wonder if they will rename the Chik-Fil-A Bowl back to the Peach Bowl like real life?

GatorBait06NC
04-25-2013, 02:50 AM
Playoff or not, other than basic gameplay improvement. I'd be completely satisfied if NCAA got all the helmets and facemask styles that were in Madden last year, give or take a few. They finally fixed Florida's team color. Now I'm wondering if they will get Florida's new field and stadium art along with new jerseys. I just thought the selection of Revo Speed facemasks was pathetic last year. Every single player on Florida wears that helmet. I like that new "Super Shredder" looking mask that Sharrif Floyd and a lot of other D-lineman started wearing. Justin Tuck wore in on that Schutt helmet. Speaking of that newer Schutt helmet with the slanted masks, their is only one mask that even looks half decent on that helmet, it was in Madden but not NCAA. I believe the other two helmet styles that were in Madden but not NCAA were a Rawlings helmet and another Schutt version I believe. I have never seen Eli Manning's helmet style anywhere.

Jayrah
04-25-2013, 04:52 AM
If EA really wanted to impress the buyers, they should input an option where you can take team builder teams and ADD them to the dynasty without having to remove another team. That way we can add App State and GA Southern on our own.

The playoff was announced more detailed a day ago or so. So now EA knows and needs to input the option. Just make it to where the top 4 BCS teams go. If you don't like, toggle it off. I wonder if they will rename the Chik-Fil-A Bowl back to the Peach Bowl like real life?It's much too late in the cycle to change and yet again... they are not going to make 2 separate codes. The BCS still exists this year so that's the system they're going to go with and that's what the SHOULD go with. Promise you if they try and implement a second code for year 2 and beyond it will break the doggone game.

Playoff or not, other than basic gameplay improvement. I'd be completely satisfied if NCAA got all the helmets and facemask styles that were in Madden last year, give or take a few. They finally fixed Florida's team color. Now I'm wondering if they will get Florida's new field and stadium art along with new jerseys. I just thought the selection of Revo Speed facemasks was pathetic last year. Every single player on Florida wears that helmet. I like that new "Super Shredder" looking mask that Sharrif Floyd and a lot of other D-lineman started wearing. Justin Tuck wore in on that Schutt helmet. Speaking of that newer Schutt helmet with the slanted masks, their is only one mask that even looks half decent on that helmet, it was in Madden but not NCAA. I believe the other two helmet styles that were in Madden but not NCAA were a Rawlings helmet and another Schutt version I believe. I have never seen Eli Manning's helmet style anywhere.
Wrong thread...

natetcu
04-25-2013, 07:37 AM
When they do get around to adding the playoff, I hope they give us options. The playoff is not going to stay at 4 teams forever, it will expand to 8, then 16, then 20, 24 ect. Just like the FCS playoff did. They need to give us options to expand it year by year, and add autobids for conference champs once you pass ten teams.

SmoothPancakes
04-25-2013, 08:41 AM

The playoff was announced more detailed a day ago or so. So now EA knows and needs to input the option. Just make it to where the top 4 BCS teams go. If you don't like, toggle it off. I wonder if they will rename the Chik-Fil-A Bowl back to the Peach Bowl like real life?

There may be "some" more details about the playoff, but we still have no idea of the specifics. They don't even know exactly how many people will be on the committee, and we have no clue what exactly they'll be looking at when deciding teams. There won't be anymore BCS next year. There won't be any BCS standings, if I'm understanding how they are going to do things correctly.

It's going to be a 14-20 person committee ranking/seeding and then selecting four teams to play in the playoff, as well as the other teams to play in the major bowls not hosting the playoff that year. So there won't be any BCS rankings, there won't be anything to say "just have the top 4 BCS teams get in". So we are still completely in the dark on what they're going to do, other than it'll involve 14-20 people.

It's much too late in the cycle to change and yet again... they are not going to make 2 separate codes. The BCS still exists this year so that's the system they're going to go with and that's what the SHOULD go with. Promise you if they try and implement a second code for year 2 and beyond it will break the doggone game.

This. Just leave the BCS alone this year, and then remove the BCS and put in the playoff next year so it's separate. You try to combine them so one year can be BCS and the next year can be a playoff, and something will end up broken somewhere.

countryboy
04-30-2013, 07:23 PM
This. Just leave the BCS alone this year, and then remove the BCS and put in the playoff next year so it's separate. You try to combine them so one year can be BCS and the next year can be a playoff, and something will end up broken somewhere.

My thoughts exactly. To re-write everything now would only lead to a massive headache for us gamers.