PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 14: Presentation Playbook First Look Official Trailer

cdj
04-19-2013, 11:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5qkMLH2Wao&feature=youtu.be

EA SPORTS has posted a video trailer showcasing some of the improvements coming to presentation in NCAA Football 14.

Among the items highlighted: several of the 500+ new vignettes, updated/new uniforms, new banners, halftime show commentary, dynamic loading screens, neutral site games, updated field art & stadiums, and a vignette featuring team specific gloves.

If you catch any other improvements or details in the video, share them in the comments.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?689-NCAA-Football-14-Presentation-Playbook-First-Look-Official-Trailer

Bohica1010
04-19-2013, 11:53 AM
I think it looks great! I am glad they took out the menu stuff for quicker loading speeds. I would rather see what they are doing now, which is focusing on the actual game play, as opposed to creating 10 to 15 different varieties of games to play and making the menus cool.

psusnoop
04-19-2013, 11:56 AM
Watched it once, nice quick look at things.

CLW
04-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Looks pretty sharp. No way of really knowing this but the key for me is going to be how deep is the halftime stuff. If its 5-10 different scenarios it will get old quickly.

GatorfanStovy
04-19-2013, 12:26 PM
I was impressed with the trailer more so then first one was released. Sucks I'm trying to enlist by June I won't be around to play it. Oh well .

gschwendt
04-19-2013, 01:01 PM
I grabbed a lot of screencaps from the video... you can see them here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thegamingtailgate/archives/date-posted/2013/04/19/

Body15
04-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Watching this video absolutely gets me PUMPED. Could this possibly be the best NCAA game since 09??

GatorfanStovy
04-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Watching this video absolutely gets me PUMPED. Could this possibly be the best NCAA game since 09??

Only if they add the Qb vision cone like they way back in 05 and 06. Where you could use the right stick to move it around to look at each wide out.

KIDZER0918
04-19-2013, 02:18 PM
I think it is a step in the right direction. I am looking forward to some gameplay vids but i am sure we will not see those til late may or june.

Deuce
04-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Now with gloves being one of the pregame options I hope we see something new in Teambuilder allowing us to put a logo on gloves. Highly doubt it but it would be nice.

Bohica1010
04-19-2013, 03:44 PM
I grabbed a lot of screencaps from the video... you can see them here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thegamingtailgate/archives/date-posted/2013/04/19/

Nice job on the screen grabs!

JeffHCross
04-19-2013, 03:45 PM
I think I'm going to be satisfied enough with the replaced menus alone :D

jaymo76
04-19-2013, 04:05 PM
I wonder if we will be able to select the weather and time during the season? I doubt it for time because of the Rece Davis updates but hopefully we will get weather options.

bjrod9
04-19-2013, 04:20 PM
So far it looks pretty sweet!

souljahbill
04-19-2013, 04:37 PM
I wonder if we will be able to select the weather and time during the season? I doubt it for time because of the Rece Davis updates but hopefully we will get weather options.

While I like random weather in dynasty, I hate how many rain games I get every season. It's ridiculous to have 1/2 your games in rain.

OSUCowboyofMD
04-19-2013, 05:01 PM
Only bad thing I did see was the wrong number font on TCU's uniforms and also where are the bands at Neutral site and bowl games?!

xMrHitStickx904
04-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Random weather should stay in Dynasty. It's always been there to my knowledge, and it adds to the realism the mode is supposed to portray.

xMrHitStickx904
04-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Only bad thing I did see was the wrong number font on TCU's uniforms and also where are the bands at Neutral site and bowl games?!

Were bands shown in the crowd last year? (Aside from cut-scenes)

jaymo76
04-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Random weather should stay in Dynasty. It's always been there to my knowledge, and it adds to the realism the mode is supposed to portray.

true...when it works. However there is very little random weather in the NCAA series. In six seasons at Rice I played one rain game in total (home and away). At BYU last season and now this season it is yet to do anything but be sunny. So in seven and a half seasons... one rain game. Back in NCAA 10 it seemed as though it rained every week. Keep random weather in but give the user the option to override.

souljahbill
04-19-2013, 06:05 PM
true...when it works. However there is very little random weather in the NCAA series. In six seasons at Rice I played one rain game in total (home and away). At BYU last season and now this season it is yet to do anything but be sunny. So in seven and a half seasons... one rain game. Back in NCAA 10 it seemed as though it rained every week. Keep random weather in but give the user the option to override.

I should place at Rice then. In my dynasty at Southern Miss, the computer thinks we okay in Seattle. I had to institute a 2 rain game max per season rule and back out of the game at rain game #3 until I get sun.

Tarhead10
04-19-2013, 06:18 PM
If you look at the Kansas st pic, #44 seems to have the facemask that everyone was looking for...

dhook27
04-19-2013, 07:16 PM
this looks like the best game of this gen im so excited!

OSUCowboyofMD
04-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Were bands shown in the crowd last year? (Aside from cut-scenes)

Yeah, but not at neutral site and bowl games

jaymo76
04-19-2013, 08:55 PM
I wonder with the neutral sites if the "home team" will still get the home field advantage like they do in bowl games? Hopefully not but we will see soon enough.

Jayrah
04-19-2013, 10:19 PM
If you look at the Kansas st pic, #44 seems to have the facemask that everyone was looking for...
I don't think so. I don't think any of these below are in the game and it would seriously update the game if they were.
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu-XMX3AZTw7hElbdyIJnmh3cXbvp_kZnGsS0aTWyYcja05IDNlg
http://www.rantsports.com/ncaa-football/files/2013/04/connor-halliday-jason-o-watson-300x222.jpg

http://avm5062.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/sportsunlimited_2195_1098488699.png?w=168&h=168https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6Bx_kLK7WVEzzwuHqiEMPP3a7kFBXB 94WvXQbRLRi1WuFJqNehttps://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX8ZYZj5HRcvCActXQ1Dwh4PiPJ7qhe 9B4PlKnSnEPVOoEnu4-RQhttps://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGPioXWoj7mCQAoA_z1JW7Gf7B1XarB BMilQr3VVkfmmiVUOC1https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzzgNvkt6bapQO9xP8u5QgQxtmVIt3M T2ZuaVFfDxhDor0L0CRhttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6suQgWNbV3BOmkvCFkRh4qNg01B3dF Rk3BIxpEAWbDZuUNegWdghttps://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRH_dCTEpFpvrMwP0YXwG8LOsQbnSFtp PbFjJgicrhzOJqezVCSpAhttps://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2Qt32fcbtfho4pNQS4mVSEhA5NFLD8 1-15HKlVPhnvYTLag707Qhttp://helmetgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/lmj1.jpg

http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/qK2iG2p6d8g/hqdefault.jpg

KIDZER0918
04-20-2013, 01:30 AM
While I like random weather in dynasty, I hate how many rain games I get every season. It's ridiculous to have 1/2 your games in rain.

u hate rain games i reset them every time....i wish we could choose wx in dynasty.

KIDZER0918
04-20-2013, 01:33 AM
i wish that your custom music tracks would carry over to neutral game sites and championship games for at least the offense side of the ball or TD music

SmoothPancakes
04-20-2013, 02:47 AM

I should place at Rice then. In my dynasty at Southern Miss, the computer thinks we okay in Seattle. I had to institute a 2 rain game max per season rule and back out of the game at rain game #3 until I get sun.

Amen. Back during one of my three years at FIU, on NCAA 12, it seemed like it was raining every single goddamn game. Now, on NCAA 13, I haven't had much in the way of rain games, only a couple sprinkled in here or there throughout each season, but still, I'd like to have control over the weather so if the rain games start piling up again, I can put a stop to that shit damn fast!

countryboy
04-20-2013, 08:55 AM
very impressed with this trailer.

Only thing I'm going to nitpick at, even though I cannot confirm this one way or the other, but it doesn't appear that UofL's authentic team gloves made it in the game.

I am hoping they did.

---------

Now, not sure if we can ask questions in terms of presentation in here or not, but do we know if their are new authentic team entrances this year? If so, could you tell me if UofL's team entrance made it into the game?

Jayrah
04-20-2013, 12:15 PM
very impressed with this trailer.

Only thing I'm going to nitpick at, even though I cannot confirm this one way or the other, but it doesn't appear that UofL's authentic team gloves made it in the game.

I am hoping they did.

---------

Now, not sure if we can ask questions in terms of presentation in here or not, but do we know if their are new authentic team entrances this year? If so, could you tell me if UofL's team entrance made it into the game?Pretty sure the guys said that they didn't know of any "new" entrances making it, though the entrance has been changed up to be more dynamic than in years past, with more of a NBA 2K feeling where it's highlight cutscenes to get you pumped up, as opposed to long drawn out team entrance. You're right though, would be nice to see if they were able to include at least a few more teams. The nice thing about team entrances now is that you don't have to make the whole entrance, you could just make quick cut up's and highlight them at different times over a season.

KIDZER0918
04-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Pretty sure the guys said that they didn't know of any "new" entrances making it, though the entrance has been changed up to be more dynamic than in years past, with more of a NBA 2K feeling where it's highlight cutscenes to get you pumped up, as opposed to long drawn out team entrance. You're right though, would be nice to see if they were able to include at least a few more teams. The nice thing about team entrances now is that you don't have to make the whole entrance, you could just make quick cut up's and highlight them at different times over a season.
Would be really nice if you haved saved highlights if they pulled from those to make the highlight intro it would always be dynamic because its using your saved highlights instead of canned ones

GatorBait06NC
04-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Weather is awful in NCAA games. Playing dynasties with Florida, it rains in 60% of games.

I am still not seeing a wide variety of new facemasks or any of the new helmets, which is a let down considering that they put new gloves and crap. Why would add new gloves, but not add any new Revo Speed facemasks or the Rawlings helmet, or the helmet that Tony Romo wears?? Their selection of Revo Speed facemasks is pitiful. They have 5, and like 2 of the 5 I have never seen. I will be really disappointed if the final build doesnt have a few new masks for Quarterbacks, like the one Driskel wears. That is a must.

GatorBait06NC
04-20-2013, 12:56 PM
I would happy with the helmets and mask that Jayrah posted. If they were in the game, I'd be fine. CDJ or someone needs to get EA's art team in here and notify them they adding all this new cool gear stuff phase that is going on in real life is worthless without new facemasks.

dhook27
04-20-2013, 01:05 PM
Weather is awful in NCAA games. Playing dynasties with Florida, it rains in 60% of games.

I am still not seeing a wide variety of new facemasks or any of the new helmets, which is a let down considering that they put new gloves and crap. Why would add new gloves, but not add any new Revo Speed facemasks or the Rawlings helmet, or the helmet that Tony Romo wears?? Their selection of Revo Speed facemasks is pitiful. They have 5, and like 2 of the 5 I have never seen. I will be really disappointed if the final build doesnt have a few new masks for Quarterbacks, like the one Driskel wears. That is a must.
it does rain or sprinkle just about everyday in Florida tho

GatorBait06NC
04-20-2013, 01:08 PM
it does rain or sprinkle just about everyday in Florida tho

It doesn not rain during 60% of the Gator's home games. Maybe 1 or 2 tops a year. And it's not the pouring down typhoon that EA portrays either.

I also noticed that Adidas shoes are still garbage. Look like some Russell Athletic brand.

LeeSO
04-20-2013, 01:30 PM
u hate rain games i reset them every time....i wish we could choose wx in dynasty.

I REFUSE to play in a rain game. I will reset my game 100 times if need be.

SmoothPancakes
04-20-2013, 01:39 PM
I REFUSE to play in a rain game. I will reset my game 100 times if need be.

I don't mind playing in a rain game every now and then, because they do happen. But nothing was more annoying than during the three years at Florida International in my coaching carousel career dynasty. There were stretches of multiple weeks where it was nothing but rain, rain and more rain. It was approaching the point of ridiculous and to where a game in the sun was a "special occasion".

Thankfully, between moving to Tulsa in my dynasty, and playing at Tulsa only after the move to NCAA '13, rain games haven't been too much of an issue. I'll have a few rain games here and there, even had a damn snow game in Tulsa one of the seasons, but for the most part it's just sunny or overcast.

GatorBait06NC
04-20-2013, 03:59 PM
I don't mind playing in a rain game every now and then, because they do happen. But nothing was more annoying than during the three years at Florida International in my coaching carousel career dynasty. There were stretches of multiple weeks where it was nothing but rain, rain and more rain. It was approaching the point of ridiculous and to where a game in the sun was a "special occasion".

Thankfully, between moving to Tulsa in my dynasty, and playing at Tulsa only after the move to NCAA '13, rain games haven't been too much of an issue. I'll have a few rain games here and there, even had a damn snow game in Tulsa one of the seasons, but for the most part it's just sunny or overcast.

I dont like how the game looks colors-wise when its raining. It looks awful. Like everything is a grey foggy color. But yeah, ill play a rain game every now and then. But if you play with any of the Florida teams, you know it rains way too damn often.

SmoothPancakes
04-20-2013, 04:29 PM
I dont like how the game looks colors-wise when its raining. It looks awful. Like everything is a grey foggy color. But yeah, ill play a rain game every now and then. But if you play with any of the Florida teams, you know it rains way too damn often.

Yep. I learned of that fact well during my three seasons with FIU. You'd think I was playing in Seattle, it was raining so damn much. Definitely going to avoid coaching Florida teams if I can in the future of my coach career dynasty, just so I don't have to put up with all the rain again.

countryboy
04-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Pretty sure the guys said that they didn't know of any "new" entrances making it, though the entrance has been changed up to be more dynamic than in years past, with more of a NBA 2K feeling where it's highlight cutscenes to get you pumped up, as opposed to long drawn out team entrance. You're right though, would be nice to see if they were able to include at least a few more teams. The nice thing about team entrances now is that you don't have to make the whole entrance, you could just make quick cut up's and highlight them at different times over a season.

Thanks for the response.

I was hoping UofL would get their entrance in this year. :(

jaymo76
04-20-2013, 07:24 PM

Thanks for the response.

I was hoping UofL would get their entrance in this year. :(

I was under the impression that the intros have been streamlined to run for 30-40 seconds only so if anything a lot of the entrance details have probably been removed.

Jayrah
04-20-2013, 08:02 PM
I was under the impression that the intros have been streamlined to run for 30-40 seconds only so if anything a lot of the entrance details have probably been removed.
Streamlined as cutscenes. The whole thing is streamlined to be a "highlight" reel pregame if I understood it correctly

LeeSO
04-21-2013, 04:13 PM
What if they added the Haka dance? That would be cool, I know it's a longshot though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vYOi-dtYInE

baseballplyrmvp
04-21-2013, 04:38 PM
that would take a long time to animate.

LeeSO
04-21-2013, 05:03 PM
that would take a long time to animate.

Yeah, I know. It was a random thought by me, lol. I've always been intrigued by the Haka.

MC1
04-22-2013, 03:46 PM
Only 500+ new vignettes....if the game plays as good as it looks, that 500 will get old quick....lol

Jayrah
04-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Only 500+ new vignettes....if the game plays as good as it looks, that 500 will get old quick....lol hahahahaha. Seriously though, anything new here makes me happy. I'm sure the old ones are still in the game so bringing in some fresh ones to really spruce up the emotion of the game is welcome