PDA

View Full Version : Coaching Tree

Bishop da gawk
04-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Hey everyone nice to meet y'all and hope I can learn from the forums to make NCAA 13 more exciting. This my first thread and hope to share many more going forward. But I was wondering if anyone has tried this or know if its possible to start a coaching tree. We all should know the great coaching tree that Parcells started which gave us Payton, Belichick, Coughlin, and Weis that changed the landscape of the NFL and even into College ranks. :up::)

I started a dynasty with Mid Tenn and left after year one because I wanted to coach in the PAC 12, In my first year at Mid Tenn I made it all the way to the BCS game but lost to Michigan. I'm using some sliders from jarodd21s so it definitely was tough lol. But back on topic, I was wondering if I changed my Old OC(who got a HC position for NEW MEXICO) playbook to my custom playbook does he use that one on his new team or does the CPU automatically use the default playbook for that team.

I'm really curious to see the CPU run my offense and see my coaching tree grow in the NCAA world. I heard that the CPU will run your playbook but you have to switch the playbook to yours then move the controller to the middle then start the game. The team you switch playbook will run that playbook in the game. Does anybody know if that's true or another way?:confused:

souljahbill
04-05-2013, 07:30 PM
I think it runs whatever play book you give them in "Edit Coach." Not sure about custom books but I think they run all the disc playbooks when simmed.

Bishop da gawk
04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Oh ok I'm going to try tonight... Get some popcorn and watch the game live

souljahbill
04-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Oh ok I'm going to try tonight... Get some popcorn and watch the game live

Now, in Dynasty, the teams will run the offense/defense of the HC and not the offense/defense of the OC or DC.

Bishop da gawk
04-06-2013, 07:43 AM
I tried it last night and didn't work so maybe because I'm using a custom playbook. Your right the game runs by the HC offense. I have another idea I'm going to try after work #Madscientist