PDA

View Full Version : Drop passes

texacotea
04-04-2013, 10:09 PM
These need to be addressed. Had 9 vs Ryby and had at least 4-5 against snoop. And the fact that they happen on 3rd downs is what's frustrating. Wr are dropping wide open passes. It's really frustrating to be taken out of a game because of this.

Also man coverage is like a crap shoot

**endrant

psusnoop
04-05-2013, 08:41 AM
Very early in our game you had 3 key third down drops that really changed the momentum in the game. It took the HFA away from you and helped me very much.

Like I was mentioning to you last night, when I play you I feel the complete opposite of how I feel when I play NYKia. When I play him nothing ever ever goes my way in a game against him. From drops to everything. But when I play you nothing goes your way. It's every single time I play you and every single time I play NYKia just reversed.

JBHuskers
04-05-2013, 09:05 AM
I change catching to conservative each game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

psusnoop
04-05-2013, 09:44 AM
I change catching to conservative each game.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Me too, the first thing I do is that when starting a game. That and running is set to conservative as well.

texacotea
04-05-2013, 07:53 PM
I leave it at balanced. Ill check it on conservative next game and see if that makes a diff

psusnoop
04-06-2013, 06:28 AM
I leave it at balanced. Ill check it on conservative next game and see if that makes a diff

It does help reduce the drops by some percentage but it doesn't take it all the way out.

gschwendt
04-06-2013, 09:11 AM
I was under the impression that we all had a gentleman's agreement to not use gameplan settings. Aside from conservative clock at the end of the game, I don't believe I've used them at all this year.

texacotea
04-06-2013, 04:52 PM
I believe that was what was said. But seems like its kinda went astray

psusnoop
04-06-2013, 05:35 PM
I'll be honest when we were discussing these I thought we were under the opposite impression.

psusnoop
04-06-2013, 05:39 PM
This is what I was going off of when I set catch and run to conservative.

"Currently all game plan settings and defensive keys are allowed, however if anyone is found to be abusing these, or if any complaints arise we will revisit. If something makes the game unbalanced, don’t use it. Please report any concerns to the commissioner so we can have a discussion about it."

Papa LoneStar
04-06-2013, 05:46 PM
I wasn't aware of a rule....I have always put catching on conservative....along with stripping and big hits

Oneback
04-06-2013, 05:51 PM
There was never a problem with game play settings, just that if they started to be abused we would then take it under advisement.

psuexv
04-06-2013, 06:33 PM
I thought it was more of not turning them to aggressive, but didn't think there was an issue with going conservative. Honestly though catching to conservative doesn't really seem to help. Like Snoop said it plays differently against different users.

JeffHCross
04-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Like Snoop said it plays differently against different users.It's long been my opinion that the game does perform some kind of random modification to ratings every game. That's the only explanation I could come up for taking two teams, and drastic differences in multiple games.

JBHuskers
04-07-2013, 04:31 AM
I thought it was more of not turning them to aggressive, but didn't think there was an issue with going conservative. Honestly though catching to conservative doesn't really seem to help. Like Snoop said it plays differently against different users.

It seems to help me a ton the last few games I've tried it.

Escobar
04-07-2013, 05:29 PM
"Currently all game plan settings and defensive keys are allowed, however if anyone is found to be abusing these, or if any complaints arise we will revisit. If something makes the game unbalanced, don’t use it. Please report any concerns to the commissioner so we can have a discussion about it."

This is what I thought we were doing also.

razorback44
04-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Had 7 drops in my game tonight against ryby. Two of them on 3rd Downs that killed drives. It's a tough call for me on what to do about them. 6 of the 7 were wide open drops. I ended up going 17-30 which is completely realistic for a first year starter. I would have been 23-30 if the 6 had been caught. A 77% completion percentage definitely shouldn't happen every week but you also don't see 6 guys drop wide open passes a game. I think its good to have drops but man if I didn't almost throw my remote through my TV after a couple of them. :D

ryby6969
04-10-2013, 03:39 AM
Had 7 drops in my game tonight against ryby. Two of them on 3rd Downs that killed drives. It's a tough call for me on what to do about them. 6 of the 7 were wide open drops. I ended up going 17-30 which is completely realistic for a first year starter. I would have been 23-30 if the 6 had been caught. A 77% completion percentage definitely shouldn't happen every week but you also don't see 6 guys drop wide open passes a game. I think its good to have drops but man if I didn't almost throw my remote through my TV after a couple of them. :D

Yeah, I almost feel bad when I see a guy wide open and they drop a critical pass. It is definitely tough and I am glad I have not had to deal with it.

JeffHCross
04-11-2013, 06:23 AM
you also don't see 6 guys drop wide open passes a game.I know a few Buckeye receivers that resemble that remark. The guy with the most highlight catches on SportsCenter the last two years also has the most drops. Easily.