PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 14 adding Ultimate Team?

cdj
04-02-2013, 04:53 PM
In what seems to be an annual tradition, GameStop.com appears to have leaked a new feature in NCAA Football 14 - Ultimate Team.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8387/8613881731_77e0608a1b.jpg

GameStop pre-orders will receive the "exclusive NCAA Football Ultimate Team SEC Conference Pack including key SEC players and bonus game extension (http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/ncaa-football-14/107524#bonusFeatures)."

While Ultimate Team is extremely popular in other EA SPORTS titles, it is unclear how such a feature could exist in NCAA Football where there is no player license.

If this is true, are you excited for Ultimate Team? What are you hoping to see in it different from Madden, FIFA, or NHL?

(Hat tip: Operation Sports (http://www.operationsports.com/news/617750/ultimate-team-headed-to-ncaa-football-14/))

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?668-NCAA-Football-14-adding-Ultimate-Team

souljahbill
04-02-2013, 04:56 PM
I'll never touch it past whatever cards I get by default.

Jayrah
04-02-2013, 05:03 PM
Soulja has the idea!

bdoughty
04-02-2013, 05:13 PM
I'll never touch it past whatever cards I get by default.

Would say +1 but I would never even go to the place to look at the default cards to begin with. This feature ranks up there with the Heisman Challenge. Was anyone actually requesting such a feature?

SmoothPancakes
04-02-2013, 05:13 PM
I will never waste a single second on it. I already never use it and it doesn't exist in my world in other sports games. Just a stupid waste of time and micro-purchase money avenue for EA.

CLW
04-02-2013, 05:23 PM
I will never waste a single second on it. I already never use it and it doesn't exist in my world in other sports games. Just a stupid waste of time and micro-purchase money avenue for EA.

:+1: x :infinity:

Deuce
04-02-2013, 06:20 PM
I don't even know what the hell it is.

SmoothPancakes
04-02-2013, 06:28 PM
I don't even know what the hell it is.

Trust me, you're not missing out on anything. It's stupid as hell and nothing more than a way for EA to make some quick money off of kids with micro-transactions.

JBHuskers
04-02-2013, 06:28 PM
Would say +1 but I would never even go to the place to look at the default cards to begin with. This feature ranks up there with the Heisman Challenge. Was anyone actually requesting such a feature?

The money that other Ultimate Teams rake in requested the feature I bet. Did anyone here request it? No. But just like all the other Ultimate Teams, it'll make money.

Deuce
04-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Trust me, you're not missing out on anything. It's stupid as hell and nothing more than a way for EA to make some quick money off of kids with micro-transactions.

Ya, I played (still playing) dynasty 100% of the time on 13 so this means nothing to me. I understand why they add this stuff though. $$$$... And I'm ok with that. This is America after all. ;)

I OU a Beatn
04-02-2013, 06:57 PM
I'll play it, only because I know EA too well and know full well there'll be about 3 or 4 different trophies/achievements associated with it. :glare:

NatureBoy
04-02-2013, 08:43 PM
This is a head scratcher for me. EA can't sell real life current players because that is a violation of NCAA rules. Legends maybe?

baseballplyrmvp
04-02-2013, 09:58 PM
This is a head scratcher for me. EA can't sell real life current players because that is a violation of NCAA rules. Legends maybe?

would it be possible to have all time ncaa greats that are already retired or currently in the nfl? they brought in past players for heisman challenge, so why couldnt they do it here, as long as the ultimate team cards arent of current players?

bdoughty
04-02-2013, 10:03 PM
The money that other Ultimate Teams rake in requested the feature I bet. Did anyone here request it? No. But just like all the other Ultimate Teams, it'll make money.

No doubt but it seems an odd fit with NCAA Football. Also will this mode have the ability to edit in real names? If not I really do not see the fun in having Alabama MLB #33 playing along side Auburn MLB #5. Not that I would find it any more enjoyable with named players.

bdoughty
04-02-2013, 10:04 PM
would it be possible to have all time ncaa greats that are already retired or currently in the nfl? they brought in past players for heisman challenge, so why couldnt they do it here, as long as the ultimate team cards arent of current players?

That would be a lot of money for a lot of players, especially considering all the team involved.

JBHuskers
04-02-2013, 10:07 PM
You guys are making too many assumptions already ;)

baseballplyrmvp
04-02-2013, 10:11 PM
meh...nvm. wont play it.

bdoughty
04-02-2013, 10:16 PM
You guys are making too many assumptions already ;)

Historic Mascot cards confirmed!

UGA 1

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1c/Uga_I_mascot.jpg

:D

JBHuskers
04-02-2013, 10:18 PM
I'd put him in at HB!

GatorfanStovy
04-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Such of waist of a mode. Put more effort into RTG damn it EA!

bdoughty
04-02-2013, 10:42 PM
I'd put him in at HB!

Well he does have a tail on his back. :nod:

jaymo76
04-02-2013, 10:43 PM
My only question... what did the Tiburon team choose to omit since they decided to invest time and man hours into this mode? If their adding, FCS teams, a gameday show, improved carousel, improved line interaction and playcalling in addition to fixing the running game then fine, add ultimate team and I will look the other way. However, if this game only progresses minimally and a lot of time was used to add this mode I will NOT be a happy camper!

bdoughty
04-02-2013, 10:51 PM
My only question... what did the Tiburon team choose to omit since they decided to invest time and man hours into this mode? If their adding, FCS teams, a gameday show, improved carousel, improved line interaction and playcalling in addition to fixing the running game then fine, add ultimate team and I will look the other way. However, if this game only progresses minimally and a lot of time was used to add this mode I will NOT be a happy camper!

I am no developer but I would think this took far less time then most features. Ultimate team is in place on many other EA Sports game including Madden so the coding/art creation could not have been overly time extensive. I think JB said it best that we just wait and see what exactly it is, then we can pick up the torches.

JBHuskers
04-02-2013, 11:59 PM
Well he does have a tail on his back. :nod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GhKwoWjAVk

steelerfan
04-03-2013, 12:18 AM
I won't play this mode, just like I don't in FIFA.

That said, UT is a cash cow. Morons everywhere live for it. If it puts more money in the coffers for other stuff, I'm all for it.

Enviado de meu SAMSUNG SGH I997 usando o Tapatalk 2

ram29jackson
04-03-2013, 04:54 AM
they may do something similiar with diamond dynasty with generic players and all the past greats theyve been collecting for 2 years.

it may also be a way to incorperate teambuilder so everyone has their own identity just like Diamond dynasty.

no..ive never spent real money on MUT or DD and you dont need to. madden gets stupid when its an 99 vs 99 game but mlb 13 is more interesting when you play other guys with generics...all the other games do the concept better than madden now anyway lol.

but it woyld be interesting to see who they borrow from for this mode/concept ?

ram29jackson
05-15-2013, 04:17 AM
today ? info ?

SmoothPancakes
05-15-2013, 11:40 AM
*Yawn* Just another game mode I won't ever play. I am so thoroughly uninterested, I completely forgot when the day of this crappy playbook even was. I can tell you in a split second when the dynasty playbook is. Ultimate Team and Play a Season, hell if I know.

GatorfanStovy
05-19-2013, 02:40 PM
*Yawn* Just another game mode I won't ever play. I am so thoroughly uninterested, I completely forgot when the day of this crappy playbook even was. I can tell you in a split second when the dynasty playbook is. Ultimate Team and Play a Season, hell if I know.

x2 and ditto. Bastards need to put more effort in rtg not this crap

baseballplyrmvp
05-27-2013, 01:19 PM
x2 and ditto. Bastards need to put more effort in fixing florida's shoe color not this crap

fixed

SmoothPancakes
05-27-2013, 03:35 PM
fixed

Never fails to crack me up.

steelerfan
05-27-2013, 05:26 PM

Never fails to crack me up.

:+1: :D

I'm using Tapatalk 2 and the Cleveland Browns STILL suck.

GatorfanStovy
05-28-2013, 11:53 PM
fixed

I see what you did there ha :P

ram29jackson
06-27-2013, 09:33 PM
just to add to the whole thing :D

http://imageshack.us/a/img823/6757/ioh.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/ioh.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Rockne
07-05-2013, 11:38 AM
While I'll likely focus completely on Dynasty mode anyway, it'd still be nice to know which pre-order Ultimate team bonus is worth getting for the Notre Dame fans. Does anyone have official confirmation that Notre Dame players would be included in the ACC Target bonus (thanks to new alliance) or the American Athletic/Big East Origin bonus (thanks to old tie-ins) or none (due to still being officially independent)? If there aren't any ND players in the bonus, I'd probably get the PAC-12 Amazon bonus.

Thanks!

Stan HAMsen
07-05-2013, 03:56 PM
just to add to the whole thing :D

Just unlocked Hernandez, haha.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x18/hydrooooooooo/null-4.jpg

JBHuskers
07-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Yeah I did too :D He's one of the default unlocks in Skills Trainer.

ram29jackson
07-05-2013, 04:13 PM
this is funny..so wrong...but funny..but sad :fdown:..but funny :)

SmoothPancakes
07-05-2013, 04:15 PM
:D :D :D

Funny shit!

CLW
07-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Yeah I just unlocked the murderer (well alleged i suppose) today. :smh:

cdj
07-05-2013, 11:04 PM
While I'll likely focus completely on Dynasty mode anyway, it'd still be nice to know which pre-order Ultimate team bonus is worth getting for the Notre Dame fans. Does anyone have official confirmation that Notre Dame players would be included in the ACC Target bonus (thanks to new alliance) or the American Athletic/Big East Origin bonus (thanks to old tie-ins) or none (due to still being officially independent)? If there aren't any ND players in the bonus, I'd probably get the PAC-12 Amazon bonus.

Thanks!

First off, welcome to the site!

Second, we just fired off an e-mail to try and find out. That is a good question and I hoped they would have disclosed the pre-order pack contents by now. We'll post if we hear anything back.