PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 - General Thoughts & Impressions

cdj
03-22-2013, 01:45 PM
The retail version is now available for EA SPORTS Season Ticket holders and on Tuesday for consumers.

Post your thoughts, question, issues, etc. with the game in this thread.

Tarhead10
03-22-2013, 02:27 PM
I would love to post thoughts, however my xbox live account has issues and wont receive response until tomorrow from xbox on what to do.....:bang::fp:

CLW
03-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Is it available yet on PS3?

JBHuskers
03-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Season Ticket games aren't available til 5 or 6 central I think.

CLW
03-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Season Ticket games aren't available til 5 or 6 central I think.

Cool I couldn't find it and honestly don't really remember how to get them.

JBHuskers
03-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Cool I couldn't find it and honestly don't really remember how to get them.

You have to use the Season Ticket App.

JBHuskers
03-22-2013, 03:12 PM
The Tailgate Golf CC has been created. Steps to join are found here:

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?6586-Join-the-Tailgate-Golf-CC-TGT-Country-Club&p=188945#post188945

CLW
03-22-2013, 04:02 PM
You have to use the Season Ticket App.

lol maybe i'm not a season ticket holder anymore. i thought i was and i thought i had the app but its gone.

JBHuskers
03-22-2013, 04:32 PM
lol maybe i'm not a season ticket holder anymore. i thought i was and i thought i had the app but its gone.

It's the EA Sports App. You probably didn't reinstall it when you put in your TB HDD. You don't have to have season ticket to have the app.

bdoughty
03-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Was available on the 360 at noon. Just started downloading it and it is slow going.10 minutes to hit 1% complete on a fast internet connection.

CLW
03-22-2013, 04:50 PM
It's the EA Sports App. You probably didn't reinstall it when you put in your TB HDD. You don't have to have season ticket to have the app.

Did a search for the app in the PSN and nothing came up. :dunno:

CLW
03-22-2013, 04:55 PM
O.K. I checked my PSN account and I am still a season ticket holder for 2 more days (3/24/13). I turned off the auto-renewal b/c I cannot find an app anywhere in PSN. :smh:

bdoughty
03-22-2013, 05:04 PM
O.K. I checked my PSN account and I am still a season ticket holder for 2 more days (3/24/13). I turned off the auto-renewal b/c I cannot find an app anywhere in PSN. :smh:

Access the PlayStation® Store and select ‘Search’
Enter ‘EA SPORTS Season Ticket’ in the search bar
Select ‘EA SPORTS Season Ticket’ from the search results

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/Others/01_SeasonTicket_Video_Playstation3.jpg

http://www.easports.com/seasonticket?tab=getting-started#primary_middle

CLW
03-22-2013, 05:13 PM
Access the PlayStation® Store and select ‘Search’
Enter ‘EA SPORTS Season Ticket’ in the search bar
Select ‘EA SPORTS Season Ticket’ from the search results

http://web-vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resources/Others/01_SeasonTicket_Video_Playstation3.jpg

http://www.easports.com/seasonticket?tab=getting-started#primary_middle

Did that asked me to pay $25 or whatever it costs like I wasn't already a season ticket holder.

bdoughty
03-22-2013, 05:16 PM
Odd, the only guess I can come up with is that it is asking for money because you get the demo for three days and you only have two days left? I am assuming it let you download and install season ticket and did this within the App? Maybe if you turned the auto-renewal back on, download and the game and turn it back off if you do not plan to renew?

JBHuskers
03-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Search store for "EA SPORTS Central"

JBHuskers
03-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Search store for "EA SPORTS Central"

Never mind that didn't work. That's the name of my app.

JBHuskers
03-22-2013, 05:56 PM
You're going to have to talk to EA Support because that app isn't in the Sony Store.

Tarhead10
03-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Dang downloading now for over an hour, only 40%... I guess 5.71 GB is pretty big

JBHuskers
03-22-2013, 06:15 PM

Actually, go into your past downloads. It should be in there.

CLW
03-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Just got an e-mail from EA telling me I'm a season ticket holder and to download Tiger now.

CLW
03-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Actually, go into your past downloads. It should be in there.

Yep it was there re-downloaded the app and I am now downloading TW. Thanks!

steelerfan
03-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Be aware, CLW, they will cut off your access to the game the day your subscription runs out. I lost access to Madden on Saturday morning, after downloading it Friday night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

CLW
03-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Be aware, CLW, they will cut off your access to the game the day your subscription runs out. I lost access to Madden on Saturday morning, after downloading it Friday night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah figured that was the case. Gotta decide whether to renew or not. Leaning towards not but we shall see.

Tarhead10
03-23-2013, 11:16 AM
I played couple of courses last night... I think the swinging mechanics are alot smoother in my opinion... Also the putting is more precise, but you have to make sure that you dont over hit the ball... The putting meter is definitely more touchy than last year... Overall I think its an improvement from last year.. Also the graphics are alot sharper this year than last...

SCClassof93
03-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Been reading some of the comments over at ea. Big complaint seems to be the putting camera does not follow the ball. While I agree that is lame, if that is the only gripe I will be very happy. C'mon Tuesday!!

Tarhead10
03-23-2013, 11:28 AM
Been reading some of the comments over at ea. Big complaint seems to be the putting camera does not follow the ball. While I agree that is lame, if that is the only gripe I will be very happy. C'mon Tuesday!!

Yeah after you hit it switches to different angles... Not that big deal to me...

JBHuskers
03-24-2013, 04:29 PM
The stat banners for Live Tournaments are awesome. And if you're playing in the Country Club, they will mix in CC stats for the week too. Love it. There is some great variety in the stats they show. I just saw total drive distance, putts from 15-20 feet, total CC birdies for the week, for example.

JBHuskers
03-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Sweet load screen in between holes in the Country Club Live Tournament I'm playing.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/IMG_20130324_163742_024_zps1bac235a.jpg

SCClassof93
03-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Sweet load screen in between holes in the Country Club Live Tournament I'm playing.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/IMG_20130324_163742_024_zps1bac235a.jpg

-4? Take the training wheels off!!!!!!

SCClassof93
03-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Just finished going through all 17 pages of posts over at ea. Seems the putting camera (still) and stats being fubar and some other minor glitches are cheesing about 30-40% (guess). The rest seem pleased, especially the sim guys.

Oh, and a few say no trophies on ps3???? :(

JBHuskers
03-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Just finished going through all 17 pages of posts over at ea. Seems the putting camera (still) and stats being fubar and some other minor glitches are cheesing about 30-40% (guess). The rest seem pleased, especially the sim guys.

Oh, and a few say no trophies on ps3???? :(

What do you mean by no trophies? I'm getting them.

SCClassof93
03-24-2013, 05:03 PM
What do you mean by no trophies? I'm getting them.

Just reporting what I read. Glad to see you have no problem with them. :nod:

JBHuskers
03-24-2013, 05:05 PM
Just reporting what I read. Glad to see you have no problem with them. :nod:

In Season Ticket, you don't unlock trophies til you play retail. For Sony, they don't add to your total trophy count until Monday or Tuesday of release week.

CLW
03-24-2013, 05:28 PM
If/when any of you guys wanna start rollin' starting Monday just hit me up as I'm pretty much free anytime.

SCClassof93
03-24-2013, 05:34 PM
If/when any of you guys wanna start rollin' starting Monday just hit me up as I'm pretty much free anytime.

Join you Tuesday morning after I pick mine up :up:

CLW
03-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Join you Tuesday morning after I pick mine up :up:

Cool my season ticket will have expired by then so it will depend on that slacker CDJ to ship me my "Obamagame"! :nod:

JBHuskers
03-24-2013, 10:17 PM
just saw a stat popup of the best par 5 scorers of this particular live tournament....awesome

JBHuskers
03-26-2013, 08:15 AM
Here is my Tiger 14 video on the backswing difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZHl2vZDmqQ

Oblong from Under The Code also put together a video on Basic Putting Tips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RYSpkzycug

gigemaggs99
03-26-2013, 09:08 AM
Cool! Thanks for posting these, looks smoother than last year! :up:

SCClassof93
03-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Really love the game. I have had three crashes during loading screens now. 1 on a daily event, 1 doing the featured event, 1 in an online match :fp:

JBHuskers
03-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Really love the game. I have had three crashes during loading screens now. 1 on a daily event, 1 doing the featured event, 1 in an online match :fp:

Weird. Haven't had a crash. #KnockOnWood

gigemaggs99
03-28-2013, 11:10 PM
This is the first year I've had the move and ps3 camera so I'm making a gameface. In the past I always tried the digital camera picture uploaded to EA then went from there. It seemed to take close to an hour to do it that way.

I just finished taking my front/side pictures w/ the move/camera and adjusted the markers. It's only been min or so and it's up to 20%. Should be neat to see how it turns out!

Will be cool to see the difference in my golfer, been on the bike a lot, running and walking, eating better. This time last year I was 218 lbs for the gameface picture, this year down to 185 lbs.

I also purchased the SKLZ sim stix to go along w/ the PS-move controller, anxious to try it out, tried last night but the move controller was dead, had to charge it, then fell asleep... :fp:

Second take on the gameface, first go around I didn't have the proper lighting or something, the face looked right but I looked like a bad burn victim, looked like someone took a blowtorch to my face.

This time it came out and my face was green.

Took 2 digital photos, uploaded them to the easports site, trying that route....

natcret
03-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Current thoughts:

I do like this year's game. Seems to be more challenging, yet a bit forgiving as well.

Some things I do not like:

The putting view after you putt is just horrible. I have had situations where, depending on the distance, the roll of the ball to the pin is blocked by the player. I also don't like the zoom out to the different view. If anyhthing, I wish it was just a zoom out to a overhead view or at least give a couple of different options.

I still have info screens that come up during game play that block my golfer's view. I have to go into the game menu and then back out to remove the the block.

I like what I see so far.

SCClassof93
03-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Current thoughts:

I do like this year's game. Seems to be more challenging, yet a bit forgiving as well.

Some things I do not like:

The putting view after you putt is just horrible. I have had situations where, depending on the distance, the roll of the ball to the pin is blocked by the player. I also don't like the zoom out to the different view. If anyhthing, I wish it was just a zoom out to a overhead view or at least give a couple of different options.

I still have info screens that come up during game play that block my golfer's view. I have to go into the game menu and then back out to remove the the block.

I like what I see so far.

A follow camera is coming with the patch :nod:

natcret
03-30-2013, 12:34 PM
A follow camera is coming with the patch :nod:

Cool.

cdj
04-23-2013, 09:06 PM
There is an in-game promotion where if you watch a sponsored video, you get a free pin pack. I noticed it this evening, but do not know how long it was there or will be there.

SCClassof93
04-24-2013, 10:36 AM
There is an in-game promotion where if you watch a sponsored video, you get a free pin pack. I noticed it this evening, but do not know how long it was there or will be there.

Still there as of 7:30 mt

cdj
05-09-2013, 06:06 PM

Anyone here Legend every event? I think I'm 20 or so away, but won't get them all. Some are just too tough for my skill level.

CLW
05-10-2013, 06:27 AM

Anyone here Legend every event? I think I'm 20 or so away, but won't get them all. Some are just too tough for my skill level.

I have most of them on legend but there are just too many hole in ones/hole out from 200+ yards away that I don't think I'll bother going for the plat for quite a while.

SCClassof93
05-10-2013, 08:04 AM

Not yet, not sure if I will pursue them. If there is no Tiger 15 who knows, I may try for it :bang:. Just popped the silver for leading all majors in quick tournaments. :nod:

SCClassof93
01-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Probably in here talking to myself :dunno:. Was over at the ea forum (down to checking it about once a month now) and lo and behold the near 70 page bug thread has been removed......about the same time one of the developers posts two threads (great posts in these btw:D) linking to great reviews of the game...........what a business model ea has.............

Here are the threads, probably get deleted like the complaints/issues/bugs thread.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9871640.page
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9887910.page

CLW
01-05-2014, 02:52 PM
They are FINISHED with the game which is why I mailed it back a LONG time ago. I won't be buying the PS4 version either. It might make my GameFly Queue depending on what else is out and then after a month or so we shall see.

bdoughty
01-05-2014, 07:51 PM
Owen needs to play more non-sports games having Madden, NCAA and Tiger in his top 8. Heck he he needs to play other sports games based on that list.

bdoughty
05-03-2014, 08:25 PM
EA Sports is bringing us a Golf Game This year. Free to Play Pay!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/king-of-the-course/id804147058

SCClassof93
05-05-2014, 09:01 AM
EA Sports is bringing us a Golf Game This year. Free to Play Pay!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/king-of-the-course/id804147058

or.............not :D

gigemaggs99
05-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Question:

Is there a way to search the country clubs by type? I'm wanting to join a Simulation style. I've kinda wanted to start something new....

Here's my idea. I'd like to start an LPGA club, make a female golfer, put the game on simulation style only and build up a new golfer. Play from the tees 1 up from the tips (I've read the LPGA plays 1 tee up from the tips at most courses.)

I have no idea if there would even be an interest in this, maybe I should just play offline. Who knows...

When I go online to the lobby or search the games being played it's rare to find an online game that doesn't have the full spin stuff turned ON, putt preview, etc...they will birdie every hole and eagle every par 5, shooting in the 50s if not in the 40s for 18 holes. I guess that's neat for some, I play golf in real life and enjoy the challenge. When I play NCAA football I don't enjoy scoring 120 points a game...same idea applies here to golf, it's supposed to be challenging no?

The problem I find online is if I create a room online that has those simulation settings people will join, probably not knowing or reading the settings and we play 1 or 2 holes and after they bogey or worse the quit. Must be hard to not eagle and birdie every hole on the game.

I did get into a great online game last night, it was alternate shot, not on simulation the level just below that, we could still zoom into the green to see where the ball was going, no putt preview and no green grid, it was really fun. Totally random people from the lobby, the guy I was paired up with we won 1-up and it went the distance to 18. It was a blast, wish they had more rooms/matches created like that AND people would play the entire time. I've played other times where one team will get 2 down and quit, we were 3 down last night and crawled our way back to all square then went 2 up finally winning 1-up.

gigemaggs99
05-24-2014, 01:37 PM
Ok, this is interesting, I started a new career, made Holly Sonders from Morning Drive as my golfer. I started on the LPGA tour and played the first event the US Amateur.

I have it on simulation which makes it quite difficult. The good thing is the pins were in "easy" location. I made it to -4 going into the 18th hole. I had 1 bogey, birdied all the par 5s, parred all the other holes. On 18 I hit driver into the rough, it's tough to see where it's going to land from the tee box. Then I punched out to 100 yards, wasn't sure of the headwind so I added 1 club going into the green it came in hot and bounced hard once, then into the drink. Knocked it up and 2 putted for a double-bogey 7 to drop me back down to -2 which was a tie for 1st. Went to a 3 hole playoff.

Birdied 18 the 2nd time around, parred 17 to win the playoff.

With the 1 win of the first simulation event my new golfer Holly Sonders jumped from a level 0 to level 7. It gave me boo-koo experience points, something like 6.00x :up:

Edit: I know this game is dead and EA won't do anything to fix edit it, but one thing that would be really cool would be to have a yardage book. On simulation difficulty you can still press the select button (PS3) and it will show you the overhead view of the entire hole, but it doesn't have yardages to anything, (lay-ups, bunkers, dog legs, etc..) in real life they have yardage books. So far that's my only complaint about playing on simulation, unless you have the course memorized there are some shots that it's like shooting in the dark.

I play my home course fairly often, I have a nice Garmin Approach G3, but the course also offers yardage books which break each hole down and give you vital yardages to the above mentioned. Would be cool if you could have a caddie-like feature on this game so you could flip through the yardage book. I don't mind doing the math on the fly, would be nice to know the numbers though. It would be very helpful to know front/middle,back of the greens, a pin sheet so you know when to attack and when to play smart.