JBHuskers
03-22-2013, 02:08 PM
YES! Can't wait!

jaymo76
03-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Awesome! I feel like a kid again.

souljahbill
03-22-2013, 04:21 PM
I never played the NES game (I had a Sega Master System). I was all over the sing-a-long though. I remembered the lyrics.

jaymo76
03-22-2013, 05:55 PM
I watched every episode of the series (and own all the dvds). Anything Ducktales I get it.

psuexv
03-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Awesome!!! Also kind of funny because my 5 year old just started watching them on You Tube as some dude has every episode up.

JBHuskers
03-22-2013, 06:00 PM
I watched every episode of the series (and own all the dvds). Anything Ducktales I get it.

Ditto. Got all 3 volumes off Amazon. I had the game, or rented it a lot. One of the two.

GatorfanStovy
03-23-2013, 11:37 PM
That game should be interesting I'll wait for a price , should be only 30 bucks though no more unless it has co op mode and co op multiplier mode to go along with it to be more fun.

morsdraconis
03-23-2013, 11:47 PM
That game should be interesting I'll wait for a price , should be only 30 bucks though no more unless it has co op mode and co op multiplier mode to go along with it to be more fun.

I'd be HIGHLY surprised if it's more than $10. Truthfully, as nostalgic as it all is, I wouldn't pay more than $2-3 for it. I can just play the original for free, why would I pay $10 for a remastered, but otherwise appears to be exactly the same version of it again?

GatorfanStovy
03-23-2013, 11:53 PM
I'd be HIGHLY surprised if it's more than $10. Truthfully, as nostalgic as it all is, I wouldn't pay more than $2-3 for it. I can just play the original for free, why would I pay $10 for a remastered, but otherwise appears to be exactly the same version of it again?

That is true anything more then 5$ is high. I was just throwing a number out. Still just would be fun to have the upgraded graphics etc. And fun to play with friends online.

I OU a Beatn
03-24-2013, 01:21 AM
It was already confirmed as 1200 Microsoft Points, so should be the same everywhere else - $15.

oweb26
03-24-2013, 05:45 AM
All I can think about after watching this....How many people on this forum actually remember ducktales? Not just the name but I mean really rememeber it when it was new thus make me feel old because I have seen all eposides and could probably get through the theme song! :D

Maybe thats why only about 8 people are replied to this thread most don't!

NatureBoy
03-24-2013, 06:55 AM
I never played the NES version but I'm looking forward to playing this one. Hopefully, with the release of this game, we can get a Lion King and Aladdin release as well. I put many miles of my Sega Genesis playing those two games.

steelerfan
03-24-2013, 08:57 AM
All I can think about after watching this....How many people on this forum actually remember ducktales? Not just the name but I mean really rememeber it when it was new thus make me feel old because I have seen all eposides and could probably get through the theme song! :D

Maybe thats why only about 8 people are replied to this thread most don't!

I'm so old that I already thought it was stupid when it first came out. I was already too old for that crap. I'll be 39 next month. :(

Don't feel bad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

ryby6969
03-24-2013, 09:05 AM
I bought a few of the DVD's a few years ago because my kids did not even know what Duck Tale's was. I loved this cartoon when I was a kid.

morsdraconis
03-24-2013, 10:11 AM
It was already confirmed as 1200 Microsoft Points, so should be the same everywhere else - $15.

:smh:

And that's fuckin' insane. God damn these companies just don't get it.

JeffHCross
03-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Knew somebody would post this up. :D

Mors, I think it's insane that you're surprised by that.

morsdraconis
03-24-2013, 12:42 PM
Knew somebody would post this up. :D

Mors, I think it's insane that you're surprised by that.

$15 for a remake is ridiculous. It was $10 for the other remakes of old games that were released on XBLA if I'm not mistaken (Bionic Commando immediately comes to mind). Of course, even that is nuts. These companies seriously don't pay any attention to what the PC Indie scene is doing do they? $5 is nothing. Pretty much EVERYONE that even has a passing interest in the game can afford $5.

JBHuskers
07-11-2013, 12:45 PM
August 13th is the release date.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I OU a Beatn
07-11-2013, 01:01 PM
September 11 on 360 for some reason. That's weird. It doesn't matter because like Mors said, $15 is kind of ridiculous for this, so I'll just wait for it to go on sale.

GatorfanStovy
07-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Yea damn it 15$ is to high. I would of gotten it right away but again I'll wait for the sale. Fun game but not worth 15$

cdj
08-12-2013, 07:45 AM
GameSpot review: 4.0 (http://www.gamespot.com/ducktales-remastered/reviews/ducktales-remastered-review-6412727/?tag=Topslot;Slot1)

Edge Online (http://www.edge-online.com/review/ducktales-remastered-review/) review

There are some criticisms of these reviews as the authors do not appear to be fans of the original, so it would not make sense to expect a fair review of the remastered version.

morsdraconis
08-12-2013, 07:54 AM
The voice acting is definitely pretty bad. Part of it is because the guy doing Scrooge is the original actor and he's 93 years old when he did the voice acting. Sounds like a tired old man instead of a mid-50s billionaire.

GatorfanStovy
08-12-2013, 12:05 PM
If it ever goes on sale I might pick up it but not for full price.

JBHuskers
08-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Since I'm on PS+, I got 20% off the preorder, and I got all four games from PSN Play so I get $10 back there too.

JBHuskers
08-14-2013, 09:09 AM
Reviewers are stupid. This game is fun. Some nice nostalgia.

oweb26
08-14-2013, 09:27 AM

While I agree with you, the real problem with reviewing these games is nostalgia has a varying degree for everyone, so they try to review it not on the merits of nostalgia but on the context of the game itself and naturally it will always fall short unless you simply loved it many moons ago, because lets face it games when most of us on this board were little were by in large fun but crappy at the same time.

A game simply can never live up to the nostalgia you had as a kid , or if it does it doesn't last that long and you simply move on.

JBHuskers
08-14-2013, 11:30 AM
While I agree with you, the real problem with reviewing these games is nostalgia has a varying degree for everyone, so they try to review it not on the merits of nostalgia but on the context of the game itself and naturally it will always fall short unless you simply loved it many moons ago, because lets face it games when most of us on this board were little were by in large fun but crappy at the same time.

A game simply can never live up to the nostalgia you had as a kid , or if it does it doesn't last that long and you simply move on.

It's a fun platformer, it's not going to be Limbo or Journey like these reviewers are thinking I believe. It's a remake. Just like the TMNT Arcade remakes. I'm going to play those because they're fun to play like they were two decades ago.

jaymo76
08-14-2013, 01:25 PM

I really want to pick it up but $15 seems way too much. But here is the $$$ dollar question: games purchased on the PS3 store will or will not be accesbile on PS4? Being so close to the next console I don't want to load up on PS3 games if I cannot play them.

JBHuskers
08-14-2013, 02:37 PM
I really want to pick it up but $15 seems way too much. But here is the $$$ dollar question: games purchased on the PS3 store will or will not be accesbile on PS4? Being so close to the next console I don't want to load up on PS3 games if I cannot play them.

Cost me $12 since I'm PS+

No, but I have plenty of PS3 games I'm going to still play, and get to playing for at least a year or two after the PS4.