PDA

View Full Version : Killzone Mercenary (VITA) - September 17, 2013

JBHuskers
03-12-2013, 10:17 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZhRgq6FFL._SY300_.jpg

Looks like we have a release date, and it's going to be an appetizer for the PS4 game.

Pre-order from Amazon, and get "Blackjack's Briefcase" (http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-Mercenary-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SWYTC/ref=as_li_tf_sw?&linkCode=wsw&tag=thegamtai-20)

Boost which will help you get ahead of the pack! Start the 48-hour clock with this special access code and all contracts, bonuses and payoffs earn you twice the normal XP for two straight days! Applies to both Campaign and Multiplayer! The briefcase also contains extra in-game cash, so you can go straight to the armory! With this bonus payout, you'll have enough Vektan Cash to pick up a new weapon before you even step foot on the battlefield! .

I'm excited for this even more because Activision trusted Nihilistic to make Call of Duty a great multiplayer shooter title for the Vita, and you're lucky if you can even connect to a match (I've connected to one series of matches once the few months I've had the game). The game was pretty much an overall dud.

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Having played Resistance on the Vita, I can almost certainly say the community will be dead within a month. Sorry Sony, but no shooter is ever going to work on those analog sticks and with that much touch screen integration.

Hopefully the SP is good, but I have my doubts about that, too. I don't like the entire idea of being a paid mercenary and playing both sides. It just seems like a cheap way to half ass give players what they've always wanted and play as the Helghast. They're also doing the same crap of cutting a game up into bits so that it's easier to play on the go and you don't miss the story, which they've done with virtually all the Vita games so far(which is why the reviews for most of the Vita games suck).

Just because people are playing on a handheld doesn't mean that we still can't be engaged with a COHESIVE story instead of this mission by mission crap.

JBHuskers
03-12-2013, 12:32 PM
Having played Resistance on the Vita, I can almost certainly say the community will be dead within a month. Sorry Sony, but no shooter is ever going to work on those analog sticks and with that much touch screen integration.

Hopefully the SP is good, but I have my doubts about that, too. I don't like the entire idea of being a paid mercenary and playing both sides. It just seems like a cheap way to half ass give players what they've always wanted and play as the Helghast. They're also doing the same crap of cutting a game up into bits so that it's easier to play on the go and you don't miss the story, which they've done with virtually all the Vita games so far(which is why the reviews for most of the Vita games suck).

Just because people are playing on a handheld doesn't mean that we still can't be engaged with a COHESIVE story instead of this mission by mission crap.

Bah. They're doing that mission by mission shit like CoD and Unit 13 did? :fp:

I OU a Beatn
03-12-2013, 12:36 PM
Yes, which is a huge turn off for me. They always use the same reason, "it's a mission by mission structure for stop and start play for players on the go." I much prefer a cohesive story that I can actually engage in rather than the generic "go here, do this, come back...rinse, wash, repeat." Unit 13 did it. Call of Duty did it. Resistance did it. Assassin's Creed did it. Killzone has such a rich universe...USE IT!

JBHuskers
03-12-2013, 01:35 PM
I have Resistance, but yet to start it. I don't overly mind the mission by mission. But that's mainly a co-op thing, not a single player story thing. I can stop and start on the go with a cohesive story and a save file. HELLO MCFLY!

JBHuskers
07-12-2013, 12:40 PM

https://psnbeta.eu.playstation.com/userInfo.php?enroll=kzm_public_limited

I OU a Beatn
08-25-2013, 06:45 PM
It's amazing to me that Sony is 2 weeks away from launching THE killer app so far for the Vita, and we haven't heard a peep about it marketing wise. No commercials, no ad campaigns, nothing. I guess this is why many of Sony's first party games don't do nearly as well as they should.

It's fun as hell online, by the way. I've been playing since the closed beta and it's pretty amazing what they were able to pull off with the Vita hardware.

JBHuskers
08-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Seems like now a days with most video games, they don't put on commercials until week of.

I OU a Beatn
08-27-2013, 01:33 PM
I doubt you'll ever see anything, whether it be commercials, site advertisements, or anything of the sort. I don't think I've ever seen any kind of advertisement for a game on the Vita.

I OU a Beatn
09-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Anyone ever pick this up? Game is a blast and it seems they sorted most of the lag problems out, as it's smooth as butter 90% of the time. Not only did they capture the essence of the REAL Killzone game play, but it's unbelievable what they accomplished on the hardware. Looks as good as most PS3 games.

JBHuskers
09-26-2013, 12:22 PM
I might soon.