PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 11 Web/Server Update (7/22)

cdj
07-22-2010, 06:32 PM
NCAA Football developer Russ Kiniry has posted an update at the EA Forums (http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1319163.page) about the downtime experienced this morning with the EA servers and recent changes made.

Hi NCAA Football fans,

We made several fixes to the servers that will improve performance of Online Dynasty during peak hours. For the subset of players that had trouble on the website accessing their dynasties or seeing old data, these changes should resolve the issues. If you have further issues accessing your dynasty on the web, please post the details to http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/3873.page.

This server update also removes the 20 minute timer on week advance in Online Dynasty while you are in the off season. For other advances, the 20 minute time will still be in effect until we verify these server updates have had the desired effect.

We apologize for the server downtime this morning. A few of the optimizations took longer than we expected.

- NCAA Dev Team

steelerfan
07-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Looks like we are headed in the right direction.

ram29jackson
07-25-2010, 04:52 AM
hopefully we'll be hearing about patches soon....

JeffHCross
07-25-2010, 11:28 AM
My goodness, reading through the comments on that post. Looks like OD is having massive problems this year.

I OU a Beatn
07-25-2010, 05:33 PM
They need to fix the crash/hang up issue with lobbies, and then re-instate the custom lobbies. It's really hard to get tournament games whenever the custom lobbies are down and you have to try your luck in a regular lobby or from your friend's list. It's been down since the weekend of launch, so I wonder what's taking them so long.

JeffHCross
07-25-2010, 06:05 PM
I wonder what's taking them so long.Wild guess, I'd say that the team that does Random Online probably shares resources, if not being the same team, as the team that works on OD bugs. Not Wire, but OD itself.

And given the number of issues with OD ...

Sinister
07-26-2010, 08:18 AM
Tell you what it didn't help with the lag

cdj
07-26-2010, 05:48 PM
In the in-game ticker, it says they will be taking the servers down at 10 AM ET for maintenance and should be down for approximately an hour. Not sure if that is for today, tomorrow or another day. No date was listed.

CLW
07-26-2010, 06:23 PM
So is it/when will it be safe to run an OD?

Kingpin32
07-26-2010, 07:15 PM
So is it/when will it be safe to run an OD?

I think it's ok to run an OD now. I think this is more for the Season Showdown stuff, but I could be wrong.

cdj
07-26-2010, 07:17 PM
I think it's safe to run an OD as well. It's getting connected via the lobby system and Season Showdown that seems to be having the issues.

Deuce
07-26-2010, 09:32 PM
OD has worked well until we have a head to head matchup. Tonight when I tried to play my first online game ever it just sat at the selection screen. My team said 'ready' on my screen and his team said 'ready' on his screen yet both of us were seeing "waiting for opponent" for each other's team. ...if that makes sense.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is this part of the server issue(s)?

JeffHCross
07-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Usually head-to-head doesn't have anything to do with the servers. That's all peer-to-peer. I've seen occasional issues like that crop up ... usually I just back out and try again.

psusnoop
07-28-2010, 06:54 AM
OD has worked well until we have a head to head matchup. Tonight when I tried to play my first online game ever it just sat at the selection screen. My team said 'ready' on my screen and his team said 'ready' on his screen yet both of us were seeing "waiting for opponent" for each other's team. ...if that makes sense.

Is anyone else having this issue? Is this part of the server issue(s)?

This is happening to more and more people. I had a friend the other night that I couldn't connect up to play our OD game. We tried for 2.5hrs before we got connected. We both turned our headsets on and meet in the lobby, then I invited him to play, it loaded we ran a few plays each, went back to the OD and tried again with headsets on, couldn't connect, we backed out, turned off headsets and invited him again, boom it worked and we got our game in that we started trying around 10pm. We finished at 1:45am. Big thanks to Gschwendt.

Having said that though, Escobar and myself tried to play a EAGCCS game yesterday and it wouldn't sync up giving us the same exact message. We tried about 10 times and gave up. Escobar stated that he is having this issue quite a bit.

I know this is such a broad message with different details for everyone I'm sure, but could we pass this information onto EA that would be great.

cdj
07-28-2010, 07:30 AM
So basically when you went in with headsets off, it worked?

I'm am plagued with the issue where the road team gets the 'Session is no longer available' message, but the home team does not know the road team got booted.

psusnoop
07-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Yea Gschwendt suggest we try with the headsets on, so we went into the lobby and I waited till I saw him with his on and invited him. It worked and we got right in to play our game. Then after we ran a few plays we friendly quit and went back into the dynasty. From there we tried with them on and it did not work so we tried immediately with them off and it worked. He is still having problems though but atleast we know that if we keep trying it will work eventually.

Solidice
07-28-2010, 01:26 PM
one thing I've noticed changed is the e-mail format has been improved. and they also send you update after each user game is completed.

Deuce
07-28-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm still having the same issue as I mentioned in my previous post. One other thing to that is my opponent, when sending me the invite, gets to the team select screen but cannot move from there. He can't hit 'x' or anything. It basically freezes except for the fact he can hit "O" and back out. I have no clue.