PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Demo Impressions

JBHuskers
03-05-2013, 08:56 AM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/tiger14palmer1_zps3618c7e8.jpg

· Launch: Tuesday, March 5th, 2013

· Platforms: Xbox 360 & PS3

· Compatible with Kinect for Xbox 360 & PlayStation Move

· Key Features:

o Play the demo and unlock the 1960’s Arnold Palmer character in the full game

o Preview the highly praised, brand new Legends of the Majors mode

o Play as LPGA Tour phenom Lexi Thompson and test out all new Quick Tournaments mode

o Get a sneak peak of the ground-breaking Connected Tournaments feature where you can view 24 other players’ shot arcs while you play an online tournament

o Test out 2 Major Host Courses: Royal Birkdale and Oak Hill Country Club

o Swing Styles

o Simulation Difficulty

o Gameplay Improvements

o New In-Game Presentation System

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?659-Tiger-Woods-PGA-TOUR-14-Demo-is-Live-Today

CLW
03-05-2013, 09:01 AM
What time does the PS Store usually update? I couldn't find the demo so I presumed it wasn't live yet.

JBHuskers
03-05-2013, 09:17 AM
What time does the PS Store usually update? I couldn't find the demo so I presumed it wasn't live yet.

Late afternoon / early evening. You can also try to search for it, sometimes it's in there before they update the whole store for the week.

psusnoop
03-05-2013, 10:11 AM
I will grab this when I get home today from work.

SCClassof93
03-05-2013, 11:21 PM
Played a few 3 hole rounds at both courses on sim. It will test your patience, but it is fun. I like it.

natcret
03-10-2013, 12:16 AM
Playing Connected Tournaments, Sandbox mode, on several occassions the information boxes would stay on the screen causing the view to be blocked. Also, when playing the courses, the screens seemed to be dark a lot. On a positive note, I like what I see so far.

cccgolfer08
03-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Playing Connected Tournaments, Sandbox mode, on several occassions the information boxes would stay on the screen causing the view to be blocked. Also, when playing the courses, the screens seemed to be dark a lot. On a positive note, I like what I see so far.

Yea, the stat boxes are annoying and the Devs were notified and said they are fixed in the Retail Version... The demo build is a couple months old so a lot of random bugs are fixed for release. Screens are pretty dark and the devs mentioned also that some lighting has been addressed but I'm not sure how much.

JBHuskers
03-11-2013, 10:37 AM
When I got back into town this weekend, I got the demo installed and played. It's going to take some time getting used to the longer backswing in putting and chipping.

Tarhead10
03-11-2013, 05:53 PM
[QUOTE=JBHuskers;187733]When I got back into town this weekend, I got the demo installed and played. It's going to take some time getting used to the longer backswing in putting and chipping.[/QUOT

I have to agree, might be one of the biggest changes so far... Putting has been less than stellar, :fp:...

natcret
03-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Yea, the stat boxes are annoying and the Devs were notified and said they are fixed in the Retail Version... The demo build is a couple months old so a lot of random bugs are fixed for release. Screens are pretty dark and the devs mentioned also that some lighting has been addressed but I'm not sure how much.

Thanks!

psusnoop
03-15-2013, 08:05 AM
I have not yet played the demo, but I think after work today and the boy gets his chores and homework done we may play a few holes to get a feel for the game.

Mick
06-02-2013, 01:09 PM
is it me, or is the PS3 demo really dark compared to TW13, even with my brightness on 100 it`s hard to see, is the full game that dark ?

bdoughty
06-02-2013, 03:02 PM
is it me, or is the PS3 demo really dark compared to TW13, even with my brightness on 100 it`s hard to see, is the full game that dark ?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9338193.page

Just FYI you could be playing at night/morning depending on the course and time played.