PDA

View Full Version : Diablo III (PS3 & PS4) - TBA

CLW
02-20-2013, 08:51 PM
http://youtu.be/6H309NrwvIs

cdj
02-20-2013, 09:44 PM
Diablo III fans not happy about console announcement. (http://kotaku.com/5985811/diablo-iii-fans-are-not-reacting-well-to-the-games-ps4-announcement?tag=playstation)

While many simply voice disappointment about seeing a PC exclusive ported to console, user SmashCrunch articulates a broader, more astute gripe: That it's entirely possible that Diablo III was built for consoles from the start.

CLW
02-20-2013, 09:49 PM
Diablo III fans not happy about console announcement. (http://kotaku.com/5985811/diablo-iii-fans-are-not-reacting-well-to-the-games-ps4-announcement?tag=playstation)

While many simply voice disappointment about seeing a PC exclusive ported to console, user SmashCrunch articulates a broader, more astute gripe: That it's entirely possible that Diablo III was built for consoles from the start.

People crack me up. It's a company. Their #1 goal is to SHOCK make a profit. It's called capitalism. It's THEIR product. You don't like it? Stop buying their product. You do NOT have a right to tell a company what it can or cannot do (unless you are a share holder/owner). /end rant

JeffHCross
02-20-2013, 09:50 PM
As one commentator on the article said: "Things that PC fanboys say when they want to sound like spoiled entitled dicks". Many of the things he's concluded are to support consoles I could, just as easily, argue that they're coincidence.

morsdraconis
02-21-2013, 04:34 AM
Meh, it's still a shit game that's pay to win. Only way it could possibly be interesting is if they don't include the real money auction house, but that's never going to happen.

CLW
02-21-2013, 08:22 AM
http://youtu.be/vq8Qh7nbto0

JBHuskers
02-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Edited the title as this is coming out on PS3 & PS4 :nod:

I OU a Beatn
02-21-2013, 10:37 AM
So is this a Sony exclusive or is this coming to the Xbox as well?

morsdraconis
02-21-2013, 10:41 AM

I would say it's a Sony exclusive.

JBHuskers
02-21-2013, 10:41 AM

The wording was "strategic parntership" between Sony and Blizzard. To me that is the nice way of saying, it's just for Sony.

I OU a Beatn
02-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Yeah, but a bunch of them said they had a partnership with Sony. That doesn't mean it's exclusive. If it was exclusive, I have to believe they would've made him say it about 5 times to make it sink in. I'll definitely be interested to see if it comes to other consoles. Personally, I think it would be kind of stupid to ignore an install base the size of the Xbox. That's a guaranteed 5 million copies sold.

Doesn't matter to me, I was just curious. I already grew tired of the game on PC. :D

I OU a Beatn
02-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Screenshot:

http://assets2.ignimgs.com/2013/02/21/d3jpg-480084_640w.jpg

CLW
02-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Yeah my guess is "partnership" does not = "exclusive" and you will see it on all consoles (to me thats just the smartest way to go for publishers unless they get a boat load of cash for missing out on the sales from the other) but who knows.

morsdraconis
02-21-2013, 02:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Sony exclusive. Blizzard has made a shit ton of money by being exclusive (use Battle.net or you aren't playing online/their game at all). I'd be highly surprised to see them on the Xbox whatever.

I OU a Beatn
06-06-2013, 11:36 AM
http://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/blog_header/CSFYWI0G85XJ1370387270301.jpg

I still can't believe Sony and Microsoft both used multiplatform games in their console reveals. I'll never understand the point of that.

CLW
06-06-2013, 11:58 AM
http://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms/blog_header/CSFYWI0G85XJ1370387270301.jpg

I still can't believe Sony and Microsoft both used multiplatform games in their console reveals. I'll never understand the point of that.

It's to give the impression that they are exclusives to shall I say "lesser informed" consumers.

I'm sure there are allot of people out there that think (incorrectly) that Call of Duty and EA Sports games are XB1 exclusives. Same with Sony and Watch Dogs etc....

I OU a Beatn
06-06-2013, 12:13 PM
It's to give the impression that they are exclusives to shall I say "lesser informed" consumers.

I'm sure there are allot of people out there that think (incorrectly) that Call of Duty and EA Sports games are XB1 exclusives. Same with Sony and Watch Dogs etc....

Yeah, but in those instances, that platform gets exclusive DLC. Watch Dogs has exclusive content. Call of Duty DLC is timed for one month. And EA Sports games are supposed to have exclusive content, no matter how lame it might be. In the instance with Diablo, there's no exclusive anything. Kind of stupid to even put it in there if it's going to launch on other systems and be exactly the same.

CLW
06-11-2013, 07:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8U-ylvXcxI

I OU a Beatn
07-01-2013, 11:57 AM
Trophies revealed. Hint: it's going to be a huge grind. I don't know if I have it in me. :D

Diablo III Platinum Trophy
Collected all other Diablo III Trophies

Rite of Passage
Reach level 10

Demon Slayer

Reach level 30

Hero of Sanctuary
Reach level 60

Demon Slayer (Hardcore)
Reach level 30 in Hardcore mode

The Mad King's End
Kill the Skeleton King in Normal mode

The Mad King's End (Inferno)
Kill the Skeleton in Inferno mode

Butchered!
Kill the Butcher in Normal mode

Butchered! (Inferno)
Kill the Butcher in Inferno mode

The Coven Overthrown
Kill Maghda in Normal mode

The Coven Overthrown (Inferno)
Kill Maghda in Inferno mode

The Lord of Lies
Kill Belial in Normal mode

The Lord of Lies (Inferno)
Kill Belial in Inferno mode

The Lord of Sin
Kill Azmodan in Normal mode

The Lord of Sin (Inferno)
Kill Azmodan in Inferno mode

The Prime Evil
Kill Diablo in Normal mode

The Prime Evil (Nightmare)
Kill Diablo in Nightmare mode

The Prime Evil (Hell)
Kill Diablo in Hell mode

The Prime Evil (Inferno)
Kill Diablo in Inferno mode

The Last of the Horadrim
Complete all quests in Act I

The Black Soulstone
Complete all quests in Act II

The Wages of Sin
Complete all quests in Act III

Victory and Sacrifice
Complete all quests in Act IV

Fresh Meat
Complete all the Butcher triumph challenges

Out of the Shadows
Complete all the Belial triumph challenges

Azmodone
Complete all the Azmodan triumph challenges

Diabolical
Complete all the Diablo triumph challenges

Rarely There
Equip a rare (yellow) item

Legends of the Brawl
Equip a legendary (orange) item

Armed to the Teeth
Equip all Inventory slots with items that have a minimum required level of 25 or higher

Prepared for Battle
Equip all Inventory slots with items that have a minimum required level of 60 or higher

The Comfort of Strangers
Recruit the Templar, Scoundrel, and Enchantress

Friends with Benefits
Fully equip one of your followers

The Art of Conversation
Complete all the main character, follower, and artisan conversation challenges

Breaking Not So Bad
Use a merchant to repair an item

Shut Up and Take My Money!
Buy each type of item from merchants

Bejeweled
Combine gems

Made to Order
Craft 5 items

A Life with Meaning
Raise the Blacksmith to level 10

Just a Hobby
Raise the Jeweler to level 10

Deep Pockets
Pick up 500,000 gold

All That Glitters
Pick up 5,000,000 gold

Space! I Love Space!
Buy all stash upgrades

The Elitist
Kill 500 elite (champion, rare, or unique) enemies

Greed over Need
Kill 100 Treasure Goblins

Never Seen that Before
Kill one of the unique enemies listed in the Never Seen That Before Challenge

JBHuskers
07-01-2013, 12:20 PM
As long as it's fun, I won't mind doing some old school grinding. I just wonder if it is really going to matter between PS3 and PS4?

JBHuskers
01-31-2014, 03:26 PM
Gonna finally start this game tonight. Got it for $40 on Amazon, and with no PS4 date yet, and the save file will transfer over to the PS4, I decided to grab it this week.

I OU a Beatn
01-31-2014, 08:18 PM
Beat it on PC a few times as well as on 360 once. Going to get it when it comes out on Xbox One, too. Day one. I love it.

SCClassof93
08-25-2014, 08:57 AM
This game is the black hole of time. "Honey, I am going to play for an hour." Three hours later...........

I OU a Beatn
08-25-2014, 10:06 AM
This game is the black hole of time. "Honey, I am going to play for an hour." Three hours later...........

Yep, been playing this with a buddy on Xbox One. He told me how lame it was 5 minutes into the game and now he's wanting to play every night. :D

I've got a Barbarian up to level 70 paragon 26 or so. I'm now rolling with the Demon Hunter and got him up to around 35. Not a fan of the Demon Hunter yet, but I don't have any good stuff, so maybe my opinion of that class will change once I get some really good legendary items.

JBHuskers
08-25-2014, 03:12 PM
Going to continue on this for PS3 then switch to PS4 when it gets to be $20 or something.

Marlowe
08-28-2014, 01:47 PM
Picked this up on Friday for the ps4 on a whim...it's damn crack, I tell you...got a crusader level 70 p15...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingpin32
08-29-2014, 12:53 AM
My Gamestop is still sold out of it. Can't keep it on the shelf.

SCClassof93
08-29-2014, 12:37 PM
I will be away from games and electronics in general from 9/5-9/15 and I have no problem being away from computers, phones and tvs but being away from my diabolo crack will be stressful.................
http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4qimgd2tV1qgleipo1_500.gif

SmoothPancakes
09-28-2014, 09:02 PM
Alright, after finally getting around to buying The Last of Us today, also looking at possibly getting this. It's either going to be this or FIFA. What's everyone's thoughts on this game? I've never played any of the Diablos before, so I have no clue what to expect of it.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

steelerfan
09-29-2014, 06:09 AM
Alright, after finally getting around to buying The Last of Us today, also looking at possibly getting this. It's either going to be this or FIFA. What's everyone's thoughts on this game? I've never played any of the Diablos before, so I have no clue what to expect of it.

Really?

It's either proper football or magic and lasers? :easy:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

JBHuskers
09-29-2014, 10:34 AM
Diablo III will suck you in. You may not be able to come back out :D

SmoothPancakes
09-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Really?

It's either proper football or magic and lasers? :easy:

:D

Well, for now. I'll probably end up with both games in the end, just debating on which one to get first. Just not sure I could give FIFA proper play time right now, between playing TLOU, getting back into NCAA recently, I want to get my RTTS in MLB picked back up. So not sure whether to go with FIFA now even though I may not be able to give it proper play time at the moment, or go something like this game, which I could probably do something like a pick up and play here and there for a little bit at a time.

We'll see. :D. I'm still not sure of much of anything on this game, the only reason I didn't also buy it yesterday when I bought TLOU. I may have to sit down for a while and watch some Twitch streams, see what it's all about.

steelerfan
09-29-2014, 07:54 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/29/a17e7dd6ae9823e751c788bce2709a5a.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/29/d94e002ac7cff4a33c8405fb3e8a52c6.jpg

I don't get it at all.

I have a friend who bought this game for the hell of it and it's all he plays now (of course he makes fun of himself so I don't have to). I watched him play Diablo for about 30 minutes one day and - I don't get it. At all.

I OU a Beatn
09-29-2014, 08:03 PM
I don't get it at all.

I have a friend who bought this game for the hell of it and it's all he plays now (of course he makes fun of himself so I don't have to). I watched him play Diablo for about 30 minutes one day and - I don't get it. At all.

I've played it a ton. I actually maxed out 2 characters and am very close on the 3rd. I honestly don't get it, either. It's just about as simple of a game as you can find. You mash buttons, mostly A/X, and that's pretty much all you do. It's just very addicting. I guess it's because of constantly finding better loot to upgrade yourself which enables you to try harder modes, but I don't know...it certainly has a very addicting quality to it.

Destiny has the same formula. I don't like Destiny at all and yet it and Madden are all I play nowadays.

steelerfan
09-30-2014, 05:35 AM
I've played it a ton. I actually maxed out 2 characters and am very close on the 3rd. I honestly don't get it, either. It's just about as simple of a game as you can find. You mash buttons, mostly A/X, and that's pretty much all you do. It's just very addicting. I guess it's because of constantly finding better loot to upgrade yourself which enables you to try harder modes, but I don't know...it certainly has a very addicting quality to it.

Destiny has the same formula. I don't like Destiny at all and yet it and Madden are all I play nowadays.
That sounds exactly like what my friend says. He says it's a modern version of Gauntlet.

JBHuskers
09-30-2014, 11:58 AM
That sounds exactly like what my friend says. He says it's a modern version of Gauntlet.

Lot more depth in your characters in terms of leveling and equipment. On a side note, there is a new Gauntlet game out. I wanna try it. Loved playing the original.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.

SCClassof93
09-30-2014, 05:32 PM

When I get the last two trophies I am going to force myself to stop playing this.

Smooth, your choice is between hack and slash or tap dancing :D

SCClassof93
09-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Waves at Destiny in its case..................