PDA

View Full Version : Week 4, 2017

Oneback
01-29-2013, 10:22 PM
=============== #4 Texas Longhorns (2-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 31-24 against LSU (2-1).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Fayetteville to face the #8 Arkansas Razorbacks (2-0).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) LOLB Robert Crowder has committed to LSU
- (****) SS Blake Foster has committed to Texas

=============== #9 LSU Tigers (2-1) ===============
Last week, LSU lost 31-24 against Texas (2-0).
This week, the Tigers will host #2 Florida State (2-0).
In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #3 Ohio State Buckeyes (2-0) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 79-17 against Wisconsin (1-1).
This week, the Buckeyes will host Minnesota (1-1).

=============== #7 Texas A&M Aggies (2-0) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M won 69-66 against Oregon (1-1).
This week, the Aggies travel to Waco to face the Baylor Bears (2-0).

=============== #2 Florida State Seminoles (2-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 38-14 against Georgia (1-1).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Baton Rouge to face the #9 LSU Tigers (2-1).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #12 Oregon Ducks (1-1) ===============
Last week, Oregon lost 69-66 against Texas A&M (2-0).
This week, the Ducks will host Arizona State (1-0).

=============== #1 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-0) ===============
Last week, Notre Dame won 38-17 against Pittsburgh (1-1).
This week, the Fighting Irish will host Boston College (2-0).

=============== #6 Michigan Wolverines (2-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 69-13 against Penn State (0-2).
This week, the Wolverines will host Northwestern (0-1).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #16 Georgia Bulldogs (1-1) ===============
Last week, Georgia lost 38-14 against Florida State (2-0).
This week, the Bulldogs will host South Carolina (1-1).
In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #5 Alabama Crimson Tide (2-0) ===============
Last week, Alabama won 52-0 against Boise State (0-2).
This week, the Crimson Tide will host Tennessee (1-1).
In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:

=============== #8 Arkansas Razorbacks (2-0) ===============
Last week, Arkansas won 49-17 against Arkansas State (0-1).
This week, the Razorbacks will host #4 Texas (2-0).

=============== #10 USC Trojans (3-0) ===============
Last week, USC won 34-14 against Washington (0-2).
This week, the Trojans are idle.

Oneback
01-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Razor, what's your schedule look like?

JeffHCross
01-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Damn. Guess I should have brought Crowder in for Week 2 or Week 3 after all. Didn't think you'd be able to get the commit so fast, Papa.

When do you want to play?

psusnoop
01-30-2013, 07:31 AM
Just looking at some passing stats since my game last night with Escobar turned into a shootout quickly after a 7-0 first quarter and the completion percentage stood out to me.

For the Top 12 passers through week 3 here are the combined stats:

Attempts

Completions

Percentage

TDs

INTs

74.4%

The only thing that sticks out to me is our accuracy, three users are over 80% completion percentage.

Now if we broke down the yardage a little here is what we got:

7431yds passing for the Top 12 users, which equals out to 12.46yds per attempt or 16.73 per completion.

Having said all of this, it looks high but I'll be honest and say I haven't compared other years to tell if there is a difference or not.

**Edit I thought the TD to INT ratio looks decent.

texacotea
01-30-2013, 08:47 AM
I do miss being able to negative recruit the conference prestige pitch against the SEC guys.

Oneback
01-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Just looking at some passing stats since my game last night with Escobar turned into a shootout quickly after a 7-0 first quarter and the completion percentage stood out to me.

For the Top 12 passers through week 3 here are the combined stats:

Attempts

Completions

Percentage

TDs

INTs

74.4%

The only thing that sticks out to me is our accuracy, three users are over 80% completion percentage.

Now if we broke down the yardage a little here is what we got:

7431yds passing for the Top 12 users, which equals out to 12.46yds per attempt or 16.73 per completion.

Having said all of this, it looks high but I'll be honest and say I haven't compared other years to tell if there is a difference or not.

**Edit I thought the TD to INT ratio looks decent.

I'm still tweaking, but I'd also be interested in seeing of those 12 how many are 90+ OVR with 90+ THA, not to mention by this time in the OD we've all pretty much setup our playbooks how we like and know how to beat coverages. What happend in your game against Escobar seems to be an outlier however, I limited Papa and his all 99 QB to 15/24 (62.5%) passing for 224 yards and 0 TD.

Unfortunately I'm at work and can't look up the other UvU games at the moment.

Yards per completion/attempt isn't something I can fix unfortunately. The CPU calls too much base cover 2 zone in situations it shouldn't which leads to huge exploitable holes for big gains, this stat is something that's been high for all users for as long as I've been playing in Online Dynasties.

With all that being said I will probably move HUM Passing down one more notch in an effort to get completion percentage <72%. In talking to some of you about the high completion percentages I get the feeling everyone is completing high percentage quick underneath passes which will inflate completion percentages.

texacotea
01-30-2013, 10:30 AM
McNeal is 40-54 710 yrds 10td 1 int 74.1% 94 overall, 89thp 93tha

Oneback
01-30-2013, 10:34 AM
McNeal is 40-54 710 yrds 10td 1 int 74.1% 94 overall, 89thp 93tha

What types of concepts/passes are you throwing? I'm not that worries about 74% with a 93 tha quarterback as its not that far away from my 72% target.

to be honest I'm more worries about completion percentage than yards as in UvU games you can limit yards based on play calling by the defense, but if you're still completeing passes at a 80% clip you'll never get off the field.

psusnoop
01-30-2013, 10:53 AM
I'm still tweaking, but I'd also be interested in seeing of those 12 how many are 90+ OVR with 90+ THA
All of them in the Top 12 of user passing stats have ratings like that except Michigan and Texas :)

not to mention by this time in the OD we've all pretty much setup our playbooks how we like and know how to beat coverages. What happend in your game against Escobar seems to be an outlier however, I limited Papa and his all 99 QB to 15/24 (62.5%) passing for 224 yards and 0 TD.

Unfortunately I'm at work and can't look up the other UvU games at the moment.

I think we need to really let this play out and get the overall stats once we all get more user games in, I just checked because our game was really crazy.

Yards per completion/attempt isn't something I can fix unfortunately. The CPU calls too much base cover 2 zone in situations it shouldn't which leads to huge exploitable holes for big gains, this stat is something that's been high for all users for as long as I've been playing in Online Dynasties.

With all that being said I will probably move HUM Passing down one more notch in an effort to get completion percentage <72%. In talking to some of you about the high completion percentages I get the feeling everyone is completing high percentage quick underneath passes which will inflate completion percentages.

Yeah your not really going to change the yards per completion/attempt but if we do reduce the accuracy if it so needs it then in turn those numbers will drop as well.

texacotea
01-30-2013, 11:09 AM
What types of concepts/passes are you throwing? I'm not that worries about 74% with a 93 tha quarterback as its not that far away from my 72% target.

to be honest I'm more worries about completion percentage than yards as in UvU games you can limit yards based on play calling by the defense, but if you're still completeing passes at a 80% clip you'll never get off the field.

its the same offense I have run the past 3 years. Nothing real deep. Short to medium passes with the occaisional ball to stretch the field.

Oneback
01-30-2013, 11:16 AM
All of them in the Top 12 of user passing stats have ratings like that except Michigan and Texas :)

I figured this was the case - which is a pretty big jump over the default rosters.

I think we need to really let this play out and get the overall stats once we all get more user games in, I just checked because our game was really crazy.

I'm good with letting it play out, I'm sure the %'s will drop in user games, it's not like the CPU teams, most at least, put up much of a fight any more.

Yeah your not really going to change the yards per completion/attempt but if we do reduce the accuracy if it so needs it then in turn those numbers will drop as well.

Yards per attempt will drop with lower completion %'s, however yards per completion would stay the same more than likely.

Oneback
01-30-2013, 11:20 AM
One thing I did enjoy in my game last night against Papa, my corners, while playing Cover 3, would come down and make a play on curls and out cuts, on a few occasions actually deflecting the ball.

psuexv
01-30-2013, 01:54 PM
Done with recruiting

JeffHCross
01-30-2013, 08:22 PM
LSU makes practically no mistakes at home, and rolls in Baton Rouge 45-28. The Tigers hold the Seminoles scoreless in the second half after a 28-28 tie in the first half.

JeffHCross
01-30-2013, 10:30 PM
Snoop vs Recruiting
Snoop vs Arizona State
NYKIA vs Recruiting
and Oneback vs Razor remain.

psusnoop
01-31-2013, 08:18 AM
I will be playing this evening as well as recruiting.

Oneback
01-31-2013, 08:18 AM
Razor and I were going to play last night but something came up, we've rescheduled for tonight at 830p central. Hopefully we'll be ready to advance by 10p central.

psusnoop
01-31-2013, 08:35 AM
Should be perfect timing

Oneback
01-31-2013, 08:56 PM
Razor and I lost connection just seconds prior to half time. He's had storms all day and said there's been a problem with his service all day. We will kickoff tomorrow as early as possible.