PDA

View Full Version : Week 2, 2017

Oneback
01-27-2013, 12:32 AM
=============== #6 Texas Longhorns (1-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 59-14 against Rice (0-1).
This week, the Longhorns are idle.

=============== #5 LSU Tigers (1-0) ===============
Last week, LSU won 59-18 against Vanderbilt (0-1).
This week, the Tigers will host Tulane (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) SS Dan Pleasant has committed to LSU

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 77-21 against Syracuse (0-1).
This week, the Buckeyes are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LOLB Robert Williamson has committed to Ohio State

=============== #9 Texas A&M Aggies (1-0) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M won 80-28 against TCU (0-1).
This week, the Aggies are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) CB Lorenzo Branch has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #4 Florida State Seminoles (0-0) ===============
Last week the Seminoles were idle.
This week, the Seminoles will host #8 Miami (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LOLB Will McBride has committed to Florida State
- (**) FB Ryan Prater has committed to Auburn

=============== #11 Oregon Ducks (1-0) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 35-7 against Colorado (0-1).
This week, the Ducks are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Terry Smith has committed to Oregon

=============== #1 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-0) ===============
Last week, Notre Dame won 42-10 against Penn State (0-1).
This week, the Fighting Irish are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Anthony Clark has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #7 Michigan Wolverines (1-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 43-7 against Northern Illinois (0-1).
This week, the Wolverines are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) ROLB Brandon Harper has committed to Michigan

=============== #15 Georgia Bulldogs (0-0) ===============
Last week the Bulldogs were idle.
This week, the Bulldogs will host #24 Kentucky (0-0).
In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) CB Lorenzo Branch has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #3 Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0) ===============
Last week, Alabama won 86-3 against Troy (0-1).
This week, the Crimson Tide are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) WR Paul Stegall has committed to Alabama

=============== #13 Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0) ===============
Last week, Arkansas won 38-31 against Mississippi State (0-1).
This week, the Razorbacks are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) RT Jon Horton has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== #16 USC Trojans (1-0) ===============
Last week, USC won 54-3 against Arizona (0-1).
This week, the Trojans will host Colorado (0-1).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Ken Wright has committed to USC

JeffHCross
01-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Florida State goes down 14-0 early to Miami, then scores the next 28 points en route to a 49-21 rout. David Terrell earns Player of the Game honors with 492 total yards, five total touchdowns and five interceptions.

As others said last week, the ratio of incompletions to interceptions borders on ridiculous. Otherwise the sliders are very good. Miami's undoing was a 3/14 ratio on 3rd down (and some questionable choices to go for it on 4th). Otherwise they were very much in the game.

I do wonder if perhaps User-side tackling is a little too easy. I have several young guys in key positions, but they had no problem making every tackle they were called upon for. Seemed a little too easy.

Oneback
01-27-2013, 09:11 PM
I've already made adjustments to the CPU interceptions slider, however I failed to make the changes prior to advancing last night at 1am so we are still playing under the original sliders for week 2. Keep the feedback coming, between that and everyone's stats I'll be making minor changes until everyone is 100% happy.

gschwendt
01-27-2013, 11:13 PM
Just Escobar's recruiting remains.

texacotea
01-28-2013, 06:19 AM
ADVANCE!!!!!!!!

everyone is RTG

psuexv
01-28-2013, 09:04 AM
I've already made adjustments to the CPU interceptions slider, however I failed to make the changes prior to advancing last night at 1am so we are still playing under the original sliders for week 2. Keep the feedback coming, between that and everyone's stats I'll be making minor changes until everyone is 100% happy.

Just a couple of observations. I noticed in my first game that the CPU Dline completely blew up my Oline despite a big ratings advantage on my end. I think I got sacked 6 times and hit a lot where the ball doesn't go anywhere. I made adjustments and went to quick passes and that helped. In my 2nd game though I didn't feel as much pressure, only got sacked on really long developing plays or where there wasn't anyone open. Something to keep an eye on.

I agree with Jeff on the tackling. I don't really remember any broken tackles by the CPU and in my 2nd game my team was laying big hit after big hit. Not sure if it's user tackling, CPU break tackle or a little bit of both.

Overall the game kinda feels too easy. Not sure if it's the teams I'm playing but I could have probably put up 120 on Colorado.

Oneback
01-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Just a couple of observations. I noticed in my first game that the CPU Dline completely blew up my Oline despite a big ratings advantage on my end. I think I got sacked 6 times and hit a lot where the ball doesn't go anywhere. I made adjustments and went to quick passes and that helped. In my 2nd game though I didn't feel as much pressure, only got sacked on really long developing plays or where there wasn't anyone open. Something to keep an eye on.

I agree with Jeff on the tackling. I don't really remember any broken tackles by the CPU and in my 2nd game my team was laying big hit after big hit. Not sure if it's user tackling, CPU break tackle or a little bit of both.

Overall the game kinda feels too easy. Not sure if it's the teams I'm playing but I could have probably put up 120 on Colorado.

I bumped HUM Pass Blocking up one tick mainly because RDE's were having a field day and play-action had little chance of working. On the flip side I lowered HUM Pass rush one tick as there were far too many sacks generated by HUM controlled teams in the first two weeks. I lowered HUM tackling one tick as well.

So far here have been the changes since the opening week:

CPU pass coverage - one tick better
HUM pass blocking - one tick better
HUM pass rush - one tick worse
HUM pass accuracy - one tick worse
HUM catching - one tick better
CPU interceptions - 2 ticks worse
HUM interceptions - 1 tick better.

I believe there was something else but I'm at work now and can't double check.

psuexv
01-28-2013, 10:52 AM
Good stuff

gschwendt
01-28-2013, 10:57 AM
I believe there was something else but I'm at work now and can't double check.
Hopefully since you bumped CPU pass coverage up, you bumped CPU interceptions down.

Oneback
01-28-2013, 10:58 AM
Just added to the post above, but I've lowered CPU interceptions 2 ticks as well.

Oneback
01-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Hopefully since you bumped CPU pass coverage up, you bumped CPU interceptions down.

There were actually a few things I forgot to add to that list. But, yes, I did lower CPU interceptions. I also raised HUM interceptions one tick as well.