PDA

View Full Version : (PS3) Cold Dead Hands League

PigSooie
07-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Console & League name - (PS3) Cold Dead Hands League
* Once a friend asked me, when I was 35, how old I had to get when I’d finally quit playing video games, I told him (thank you, Charleton Heston) "They can have my PlayStation controller when they pry it from my cold, dead hands."

I'm 38 and still kicking and breathing! So yep, so far so good!

Rules
League Difficulty: All-American
Quarter Length: 8 minutes
Teams available/custom conference layout: You can pick any team with 3-star prestige or lower … three humans max per conference … for scheduling purposes, I'm trying to limit the league to eight teams. Teams will be selected on a first come, first serve basis. As OD commish, I will select my team last to allow everyone to have first pick.

Just reply in this thread, state the team you want and I'll sign you up!

Schedule (How quickly will weeks be advanced): Every 72 Hours
Ice the Kicker: Yes
Auto-Sprint: No
Recruiting difficulty: Varsity
User vs. User Scheduling: Here in this thread on the forums.

Other Gameplay Rules
Sim style. No-huddle when realistic, onsides when realistic.

We want to have fun (write stories and such), so the rules are going to be minimal, but at the same time lay off the stinkin' cheese. Don’t drop back 20 yards on every play with your QB or don’t sprint roll out from sideline to sideline on every play. And don’t go for it on 4th down when it’s not realistic. Use your common sense and your sense of fair play, if you don’t see it on Saturday, please don’t do it in this league.

Be a good sport! If you’re one of those people who can’t take losing gracefully or can’t win gracefully, DO NOT join this league. We’re all a bunch of friendly guys who just want to play online and have a good time. If you lose, you lose. Accept it, lab some more, strive to win next time and move on! ☺

And finally, play fair! Do not restart CPU games! We will sim you until you lose.

Sliders
Speed Threshold: 15
Offense
Category|HUM|CPU
QB Accuracy| 35|30 |
Pass Blocking| 40|35 |
WR Catching| 40| 35|
RB Ability| 50|50 |
Run Blocking| 40|40 |

Defense/Special Teams
Category|HUM|CPU
Pass Coverage| 50|50 |
Pass Rush| 60|55 |
Interceptions| 35| 35|
Rush Defense| 35| 50|
Tackling| 45| 45|
FG Power| 10| 10|
FG Accuracy| 20| 55|
Punt Power| 50| 50|
Punt Accuracy| 40| 55|
Kickoff Power| 40| 55

Roster

PAC 10
Cal (EEHog)
Washington (nwamortie)

Big East
South Florida - McShamrock (aka PigSooie)
Rutgers - Steelerfan
Syracuse - Escobar

PigSooie
07-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Spots are still available ... but they're going fast! LOL! :nod:

steelerfan
07-23-2010, 11:36 AM
The only OD I've been in was last year with a buddy from across town. I joined the TGT one this year which is about to start. I think that one will be sloooow moving so I'm keeping an eye here in case I think I have time for a 2nd one. I don't want to commit until I have an idea of how much time the other one will take up. Feel free, of course, to move on without me.

PigSooie
07-23-2010, 01:21 PM
You've got some time, steelerfan. Trying to get the league up to at least six PS3 folks. We'd like to have ya.

PigSooie
07-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Okay men, boys and forum lurkers, we're aiming to start this week come hell or high water ... so if you're gonna get in, now's the time or you'll have to wait until the off-season of Year One. It's gonna be fun and we don't wanna leave ya out in the bitter tundra. So join up. ;)

If you have any questions, concerns over sliders, levels, etc. Don't hesitate to post them here. I'll do my best to address them or answer any questions you might have.

ebarws6
07-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Well I think I'll join. Sign me up for Stanford.

Have we decided on a roster to use?

Also, if allowed, I'd like to change some players in game to another player (Ex. Change the backup FB ingame to the real life backup, as he is not in the game.)

This dynasty looks to be exactly what I was looking for, and it's awesome we got some Pac-10 guys in here, too.

Edit: Pig, I'll send you a friend request on PSN.

PigSooie
07-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Well I think I'll join. Sign me up for Stanford.

Have we decided on a roster to use?

Also, if allowed, I'd like to change some players in game to another player (Ex. Change the backup FB ingame to the real life backup, as he is not in the game.)

This dynasty looks to be exactly what I was looking for, and it's awesome we got some Pac-10 guys in here, too.

Edit: Pig, I'll send you a friend request on PSN.

Thanks E, you're down for Stanford. And the Pac 10 is now closed as a conference as per league rules.

Rosters? We're using steelerfan's rosters. And we'll have to play rosters as they are. I don't want to get into too many roster and stats edits. It gets too complicated and I'm old. Hope that's not a deal-breaker. LOL! :)

We'll get started next Wednesday evening (Aug. 4) set in stone. I want to give TGT members more time to join (if interested and just waiting) and we've got a few schedule conflicts with league members this week. Me especially, I'm a SID and I've got a conference meeting that's gonna take three days instead of the usual two this year ... not that I'm complaining, we get to check out a Memphis Redbirds game as an add-on on the third day. :)

I'll select my team on Monday if we get more members ... if not we'll still start on Wednesday with four members.

steelerfan
08-02-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm still considering this OD. The other one I'm in is just once a week and there's little interest in saving your own highlights and writing articles which is something I enjoy.

I do have a couple of suggestions, if I may.

First, since you've waited this long, there is going to be a Tuner set this week that is supposed to address recruiting and progression issues. I'd be in favor of waiting a couple of days to get it before starting.

Second, PigSooie, is there a team you prefer to use? With all 3 of the other members in the Pac-10, I'd be willing to join another BCS Conference with you for scheduling purposes. I'd prefer to not play in the Big 10 (using PSU in my other OD). I have a laundry list of teams I'm willing to take but I think my preference is Rutgers. If you have a preference outside of the Big East, I can adjust.

Lastly, I wouldn't be against using IronDragon's updates to my roster set.

ebarws6
08-02-2010, 08:39 PM
I got a bit of a problem here... I am leaving on Wednesday until the 13th. I don't know how I will be able to work this out.

PigSooie
08-03-2010, 12:17 AM
I'm still considering this OD. The other one I'm in is just once a week and there's little interest in saving your own highlights and writing articles which is something I enjoy.

I do have a couple of suggestions, if I may.

First, since you've waited this long, there is going to be a Tuner set this week that is supposed to address recruiting and progression issues. I'd be in favor of waiting a couple of days to get it before starting.

Second, PigSooie, is there a team you prefer to use? With all 3 of the other members in the Pac-10, I'd be willing to join another BCS Conference with you for scheduling purposes. I'd prefer to not play in the Big 10 (using PSU in my other OD). I have a laundry list of teams I'm willing to take but I think my preference is Rutgers. If you have a preference outside of the Big East, I can adjust.

Lastly, I wouldn't be against using IronDragon's updates to my roster set.

I'm cool with all of your suggestions, SF ... I'm down with waiting until the tuner sets come out because it'll give ebarws a chance to play and it may address the issues ... we'll use Iron Dragon's roster updates since it seems to clean up some inconsistencies with rosters and positions.

As for what team I would use, I was thinking of using Nevada, Arkansas (Obvious reasons) , Air Force or Navy ( or basically any team with a solid run game and at least two fullbacks on the roster) ... but I'd take any of the remaining 3-stars in the Big East (UConn, Louisville, Wake Forest or USF) just got to check out the rosters to see if they could fit my play style.

I got a bit of a problem here... I am leaving on Wednesday until the 13th. I don't know how I will be able to work this out.

No problem, we'll hold off a bit for the tuner sets ... When are you coming back?

steelerfan
08-03-2010, 04:31 AM
I've played this series since Bill Walsh and I've never changed a school's playbook. Is that allowed? I'm just curious as to how you guys want to do things. I prefer a Pro Style, Oneback or Multiple offense. I like Ace, I, and Shotgun formations best. Just curious, I wouldn't be upset either way.

ebarws6
08-03-2010, 04:57 AM
No problem, we'll hold off a bit for the tuner sets ... When are you coming back?

The length of my absence may be problematic.

ebarws6
08-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Sorry for double post, but what speed threshold will we be using?

PigSooie
08-04-2010, 03:19 PM
I've played this series since Bill Walsh and I've never changed a school's playbook. Is that allowed? I'm just curious as to how you guys want to do things. I prefer a Pro Style, Oneback or Multiple offense. I like Ace, I, and Shotgun formations best. Just curious, I wouldn't be upset either way.

Yeah it's allowed ... use any playbook you want.

PigSooie
08-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Sorry for double post, but what speed threshold will we be using?

I've been using the default settings for speed threshold ... I like them okay, but I'm always looking to improve the play ... any thoughts on this?

PigSooie
08-05-2010, 09:02 PM
The length of my absence may be problematic.

Nah. We've waited this long. What's a few more days' wait ... doesn't look like anyone else is gonna jump aboard, so I need to keep the guys I got. :)

ebarws6
08-07-2010, 03:42 PM
Alright so I may be back on the 11th.

A couple things, I got to use the suggested sliders in practice before I left and I suggest reducing CPU pass coverage to 35, because at that point, the aren't jumping routes but are still playing good defense. Also, we should definitely look at luvtotha9s rosters as a viable option. He had the best rosters out there last year, and I think he will also have top notch rosters this year. They may not be out already, but they should be by now. I'll find a link and edit this post.

steelerfan
08-07-2010, 03:55 PM
I will adapt to whatever sliders are used. Personally, I have CPU Pass Coverage at 55, but I wouldn't qualm with whatever is best for the group. Of course, I have INTs on 15, so that makes a difference.

ebarws6
08-07-2010, 04:24 PM
I'm definitely open to most sliders, I don't care that much.

PigSooie
08-08-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm definitely open to most sliders, I don't care that much.

Was away this weekend. Let me run through a few test runs with the new tweaks before the 11th and I'll see what needs to be done to even things out. I'll definitely consider the suggestions and try them both SF and ebarws ... ready to get this thing started!

PigSooie
08-08-2010, 04:41 PM
we should definitely look at luvtotha9s rosters as a viable option. He had the best rosters out there last year, and I think he will also have top notch rosters this year. They may not be out already, but they should be by now. I'll find a link and edit this post.

Okay ... I'll give them a look as soon as the link is posted ...

ebarws6
08-09-2010, 01:34 AM
The rosters are now available under the psn: luvtotha9s. I obviously have not gotten a chance to look at these yet, but I hope they are as great as last year's.

PigSooie
08-09-2010, 04:02 PM
The rosters are now available under the psn: luvtotha9s. I obviously have not gotten a chance to look at these yet, but I hope they are as great as last year's.

Gotcha. I'll look 'em over ... the rest of you do the same and if there's any objections, post them here.

PigSooie
08-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Okay SteelerFan and everyone else ... I'll go ahead and take South Florida, since we discussed the Big East as a human conference ...

On a side note, I played around with the settings and I'll go for a happy medium and lower the CPU Pass Coverage to 40. I don't know if it was psychological or not ... or if it was because I just read the defense better for a few games ... but at 35 for CPU pass coverage, I felt I was completing way too many passes with a inaccurate scrambler at QB that I used for my test subject.

All other ratings will stay the same.

steelerfan
08-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Ok, I'll take Rutgers then. Looking forward to getting started. :)):popcorn:

ebarws6
08-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Sounds good pig. I'll actually be able to start tomorrow before 8pm pacific, can't wait to get this started.

PigSooie
08-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Sounds good pig. I'll actually be able to start tomorrow before 8pm pacific, can't wait to get this started.

I'll set up the league tonight ... you should get your invites sometime before 10:30 p.m. central time. Then, like the rules say we advance every 72 hours. Use these forums to schedule the Human games. Should be fun! Good luck everyone!

steelerfan
08-10-2010, 09:29 AM
I'll set up the league tonight ... you should get your invites sometime before 10:30 p.m. central time. Then, like the rules say we advance every 72 hours. Use these forums to schedule the Human games. Should be fun! Good luck everyone!

:)):)):)):))

PigSooie
08-11-2010, 12:03 AM
Invites have been sent ... let me know if everything is okay in that department. Sorry, I was a little under a hour late ... got hung up for an hour later than I thought I would in travel time ... let's get this muthah started. :)

ebarws6
08-11-2010, 03:10 AM
Yikes. Looking through the default EA rosters makes me cringe. Gonna get some getting used to from the rosters I usually play with.

PigSooie
08-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Yikes. Looking through the default EA rosters makes me cringe. Gonna get some getting used to from the rosters I usually play with.

Somethings wrong then ... they shouldn't be the default rosters ... are they properly named? They are on mine ...

PigSooie
08-11-2010, 01:42 PM
Our fifth and final guy is due tonight. He'll load his recruiting board and we'll advance, so keep your eyeballs peeled.

Also decided to have some fun and post a USF preview story on the EA Online Dynasty site. Do the same, if you want. :)

ebarws6
08-11-2010, 03:14 PM
No, they're named for me, it's just that these ones are pretty much just names. Stanford's roster is kinda bad out of the box, with 3 or 4 missing starters.

PigSooie
08-11-2010, 03:21 PM
No, they're named for me, it's just that these ones are pretty much just names. Stanford's roster is kinda bad out of the box, with 3 or 4 missing starters.

It'll be okay. You'll adjust like you said. They're rated in the 90s on both sides of the ball. It won't cost you any games for certain. We're all in the three star boat.

PigSooie
08-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Our fifth guy (Cal) is stuck on the road with poor Wi-Fi access. We're looking at Friday evening (when he gets home) as things sit now. Do you guys want to wait on him?

steelerfan
08-12-2010, 10:22 AM
Our fifth guy (Cal) is stuck on the road with poor Wi-Fi access. We're looking at Friday evening (when he gets home) as things sit now. Do you guys want to wait on him?

No problem here.

Escobar
08-13-2010, 03:02 AM
I would like to join this OD as Syracuse if that's ok. PSN is same as my name.

PigSooie
08-13-2010, 08:59 AM
I would like to join this OD as Syracuse if that's ok. PSN is same as my name.

Sure Escobar ... we haven't advanced from the preseason yet so you should just be able to set up your recruiting board. I'll send you an invite today after noon some time.

I've got to travel on Friday and I'll be gone all weekend ... but we should be able to advance either Friday afternoon or Sunday night if you and our buddy who is Cal joins up quick and sets up their recruiting boards. :)

PigSooie
08-13-2010, 09:01 AM
Question for everyone. Post patch, how are these sliders performing for you? Do we need to bump CPU pass coverage back up to 45-50? Or is it about the same in that area?

morsdraconis
08-13-2010, 11:55 AM
Question for everyone. Post patch, how are these sliders performing for you? Do we need to bump CPU pass coverage back up to 45-50? Or is it about the same in that area?

CPU pass coverage at 45 is pretty perfect from my experiences.

PigSooie
08-16-2010, 03:35 PM
We're ready to roll. Get your games in and good luck. You have 72 hours. :)

ebarws6
08-16-2010, 03:49 PM
Sorry guys. I recently had a family tragedy and I have had no want to play or really do anything at all. I'm afraid I'm going to have to retire. Sorry.

PigSooie
08-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Sorry guys. I recently had a family tragedy and I have had no want to play or really do anything at all. I'm afraid I'm going to have to retire. Sorry.

I'm sorry to hear about the tragedy, Ebarws ... my heart goes out to you, buddy. We understand completely.

steelerfan
08-16-2010, 07:17 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through that. It's completely understandable, buddy.

steelerfan
08-16-2010, 07:18 PM
I'll get a story up in the next 24 hours, but I'm ready to advance to Week 2.

Escobar
08-17-2010, 09:47 PM
I was the last player. Since ebarws retired, we are ready to advance.

PigSooie
08-18-2010, 08:35 AM
I was the last player. Since ebarws retired, we are ready to advance.

Good deal. We'll advance tonight (Wednesday).

nwamortie
08-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Guys I'm not sure who has Syracuse, but it looks like I have a head to head match up with you this week. Let me know what time works best with you to try and get this game in. Let's try and do it when you haven't had any sleep for a couple days. Seriously I am working all weekend and Sunday is my wife's b-day so if we could try to squeeze it in Thursday or Friday that would be great.

Escobar
08-18-2010, 09:56 PM
I can play anytime tonight, or on Thursday. Text me at 713-501-9259.

steelerfan
08-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Ready for Week 3 (Bye week for RU). I will get a story put up tomorrow.

BTW, welcome to TGT nwamortie!

steelerfan
08-21-2010, 04:09 PM
What's our status on the user vs user game? Are we going to advance tonight or wait? And what's up with the restarts against Florida, Pig? Lol.

PigSooie
08-21-2010, 08:19 PM
What's our status on the user vs user game? Are we going to advance tonight or wait? And what's up with the restarts against Florida, Pig? Lol.

I'll check tonight on the user vs. user game and get back to you ... And me? LOL! I was getting my butt kicked at Florida as expected was down 42-7 with about 5 mins to go in the game, my daughter was done with the computer, turns off the power strip to the computer and because it's on the same power strip as the modem connected to my PS3 the game disconnects and I get a DNS server error and I can't reconnect after I restart the modem. I turn off the PS3 ... I restart both the box and the modem, attempt to just sim it and the game won't let me ... it says it doesn't have the proper amount of minutes ... I gave up last night at 11. I'll just sim the game when we advance. :P

steelerfan
08-21-2010, 09:40 PM
Haha. That's funny. I'm in no hurry, btw, I have a bye next week anyway. I can certainly understand if we need to add a day or 2 when we have user vs user games. Just got quiet here, so I thought I'd ask.

PigSooie
08-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Haha. That's funny. I'm in no hurry, btw, I have a bye next week anyway. I can certainly understand if we need to add a day or 2 when we have user vs user games. Just got quiet here, so I thought I'd ask.

Yeah, Escobar and mortie are still trying to work out a time to play ... schedules just haven't meshed. They said they'd play it tonight or tomorrow.

PigSooie
08-24-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah, Escobar and mortie are still trying to work out a time to play ... schedules just haven't meshed. They said they'd play it tonight or tomorrow.

Uh ... I shoulda checked the online dynasty ... they played last night ... LOL ... we'll advance when I get home from work today. :) Looks like Escobar, mortie and EEHog have games this week, while SF and I can concentrate on recruiting! :P

steelerfan
08-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Uh ... I shoulda checked the online dynasty ... they played last night ... LOL ... we'll advance when I get home from work today. :) Looks like Escobar, mortie and EEHog have games this week, while SF and I can concentrate on recruiting! :P

Cool! I'll keep my eyes peeled and take care of my recruiting ASAP. Thanks for the update!

nwamortie
08-24-2010, 05:38 PM

I wouldn't actually claim that I played in that game Gene. I sat there and watched as Escobar kicked my butt up and down the field. Is there anyway we could shorten the quarter length? I had to sit there for and hour and half while watching him just tee off on me.

PigSooie
08-24-2010, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't actually claim that I played in that game Gene. I sat there and watched as Escobar kicked my butt up and down the field. Is there anyway we could shorten the quarter length? I had to sit there for and hour and half while watching him just tee off on me.

LOL! Yes Tim ... in fact we're lowering the quarter length over the next few weeks when he plays me (USF) and SteelerFan (Rutgers). We'll call it the "Big East Mercy Rule". LOL! JK!

steelerfan
08-24-2010, 10:45 PM
Wow! 8 turnovers, mortie!? I hope it was the rain!! Ouch, I may want to sim every year against Syracuse, lol.

Any way, my recruiting is done. RU is ready to advance.

PS Pig I saw your comment about losing your story to a glitch. If I can offer any advice on using Story Builder, it would be to type your stories outside of Story Builder and Copy and Paste them into it. That way, if it fails to upload, you don't lose your story. Also, I find IE 7 to be the most reliable for uploading. :)

nwamortie
08-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Wow! 8 turnovers, mortie!? I hope it was the rain!! Ouch, I may want to sim every year against Syracuse, lol.

Any way, my recruiting is done. RU is ready to advance.

PS Pig I saw your comment about losing your story to a glitch. If I can offer any advice on using Story Builder, it would be to type your stories outside of Story Builder and Copy and Paste them into it. That way, if it fails to upload, you don't lose your story. Also, I find IE 7 to be the most reliable for uploading. :)

I will admit that after awhile I really quit trying. Of those 8 turnovers he managed to return 4 or 5 for TD's. He went up 21-0 and the next play I had on offense threw to an outside receiver. He managed to pick off the pass with a LB and score a TD. so after the kickoff my next play on offense, I throw to an outside receiver and he managed to make another more athletic INT with another LB and return it for a TD. I think all of this was still in the first quarter. His LB's had better hands than my WR's.

PigSooie
08-25-2010, 10:51 AM

LOL! Yeah ... I realized that when I typed the whole thing in story builder then hit the post button and it blanked out ... stupid move on my part, I've been an SID for five years and a sports writer and editor 11 years previous to that. I should have known better. :smh:

Escobar
08-25-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm gonna get my game in, in about 30 minutes.

PigSooie
08-26-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm gonna get my game in, in about 30 minutes.

Good deal ... two down one to go ...

nwamortie
08-26-2010, 10:33 PM
Finished up tonight. Gene if you give me your number I will text you and let you know when Jeff and I finish our games. Tried to play my game this morning but got called out right before I started.:sick::popcorn:

steelerfan
08-27-2010, 12:54 AM
Finished up tonight. Gene if you give me your number I will text you and let you know when Jeff and I finish our games. Tried to play my game this morning but got called out right before I started.:sick::popcorn:

Two things.

First, I'm not sure if you guys are aware but if you go to the Dynasty website, you can sign up for email alerts for our OD. If you get email on your phone, you will know instantly when anyone finishes a game or we advance. Just FYI.

Secondly, mortie, that's not short for mortician is it? I ask because when I hear "morty", that's what I immediately think. Because it's what I did for 16 years. Then when you say you got "called out", I think "maybe it's what he does", lol. Sorry, had to ask. Curiousity...

PigSooie
08-27-2010, 11:13 AM

Cool! Onward and upward! Tim ... I'll take SF's advice and sign up for the alerts ... if you still want my phone no. I'll send it to ya on facebook.

steelerfan
08-27-2010, 03:17 PM
I have the last game left to be played. I dunno about the bye week guys and their recruiting, but I'm going to play in a few minutes...

steelerfan
08-27-2010, 05:44 PM
OK, finished up my game. We just need the 2 bye week guys to recruit and we'll be ready to advance again.

Escobar
08-27-2010, 07:02 PM
I just did my recruiting.

nwamortie
08-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Two things.

First, I'm not sure if you guys are aware but if you go to the Dynasty website, you can sign up for email alerts for our OD. If you get email on your phone, you will know instantly when anyone finishes a game or we advance. Just FYI.

Secondly, mortie, that's not short for mortician is it? I ask because when I hear "morty", that's what I immediately think. Because it's what I did for 16 years. Then when you say you got "called out", I think "maybe it's what he does", lol. Sorry, had to ask. Curiousity...

You figured out my secret code steelerfan. I am in fact a mortician. You say that you did it for 16 years. Does that mean you "wised" up and got out of it? I'm still a newbie. I have only been doing it for 6 years now.
I don't get the email alerts so I will see if I can sign up. Do the email alerts come to your phone like a text message? I'd still like to get a hold of your number Gene. It's how Jeff and I let each other now what is up. Usually I just send it to him saying advance or you are up.

steelerfan
08-29-2010, 07:59 PM
You figured out my secret code steelerfan. I am in fact a mortician. You say that you did it for 16 years. Does that mean you "wised" up and got out of it? I'm still a newbie. I have only been doing it for 6 years now.
I don't get the email alerts so I will see if I can sign up. Do the email alerts come to your phone like a text message? I'd still like to get a hold of your number Gene. It's how Jeff and I let each other now what is up. Usually I just send it to him saying advance or you are up.

Yep, I got out of the business a couple years ago. I still maintain my licences though, just in case. My daughter's dog is named Mortimer Tuamutef (the dog-headed canopic jar if you recall that from school). We, of course, call him "Morty" so that's what had me thinking that way, lol.

nwamortie
08-30-2010, 12:59 PM
I have finished my game. Played a squeaker against USC. That just leaves the human terminator known as Escobar to play.

steelerfan
08-30-2010, 06:56 PM
I have finished my game. Played a squeaker against USC. That just leaves the human terminator known as Escobar to play.

Are you sure he's human???

BTW, nice win over USC.

nwamortie
08-30-2010, 09:25 PM

BTW, nice win over USC.

Actually I am pretty sure that he is not human. I believe he is the T-100 sent back from the future to destroy this dynasty.

PigSooie
08-30-2010, 11:37 PM

BTW, nice win over USC.

We know he's not EA AI ... that's for sure. Looks like I'm Next on the termination list. :(

PigSooie
08-31-2010, 10:01 PM
Escobar, I've got a date with doom ... and a game with you this week ... but I've got to go away on Wednesday afternoon and I won't be back until Tuesday ... I could play it later tonight 11:30 or later ... or tomorrow during the day sometime ... let me know if either works for you or if we'll have to wait until after labor day.

Escobar
09-01-2010, 01:03 AM
I can play if we start anywhere from 10:30AM Central to 12PM Central. If not I can play after I get back from work around 9pm central.

Text me at 713-501-9259

steelerfan
09-01-2010, 10:44 PM
So, is it safe to assume that we won't be advancing till after the holiday? I ask because I want an idea of how much time I have to write a story, my game is done.

Escobar
09-03-2010, 06:02 PM
yea, it won't be until he gets back. My friend wasn't home, and I couldn't drive back home to play before he left.

steelerfan
09-03-2010, 10:12 PM
No worries, I got my story done and still have one to write for the TGT OD.

steelerfan
09-05-2010, 12:36 PM
My PS3 has YLOD'd. I'm considering my options. I think I'm going to try to do the reflow repair. My PS3 is a 4 year old fatty. I'll keep you guys posted, but if it drags on - I may have to retire or be simmed for a bit.

steelerfan
09-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Did the reflow and, I'm happy to report that my PS3 is fully functional just 18 hours after the YLOD!!! Some guys at PlayStationLifeStyle.com (where I got the tutorial to do the reflow) have said the fix has lasted them anywhere from minutes to "it still works". Hopefully, mine will be among the latter. I'll let you guys know if there's any change. :)

steelerfan
09-07-2010, 11:18 PM
:crickets:

PigSooie
09-07-2010, 11:21 PM

Sorry guys, totally my fault ... had to go out of town for a week ... Escobar, let's try and get this game played so we can advance ... shoot me some times that work for you and I'll try to make it happen quickly.

Escobar
09-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm available all day today just text me.

nwamortie
09-09-2010, 12:19 AM
I think Gene is just avoiding the game because of the butt kicking I took. Don't worry Gene, I probably just suck really bad. I think I was really drunk when we played and I just told Aimee what buttons to push.

PigSooie
09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
I think Gene is just avoiding the game because of the butt kicking I took. Don't worry Gene, I probably just suck really bad. I think I was really drunk when we played and I just told Aimee what buttons to push.

ROTFL! I'm not avoiding anything. Was away for a week and then I got sick, standing out in the rain statting a soccer game can do that to you (hell, just watching soccer can make you sick) ... I'm ready to roll now. :P

Escobar, I can play today (Thursday) from 5-to-7 or from 10-to-Midnight tonight (Thursday) and tomorrow morning from about 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Escobar
09-10-2010, 11:12 AM
I'll get on in about 30 minutes. I'll PM you my number.

PigSooie
09-10-2010, 02:28 PM
We're FINALLY advanced and ready to start the new week!!! Get together if you have any human vs. human games or recruit and play the CPU, let's crank this bad boy back up.

steelerfan
09-13-2010, 01:43 PM
Got my recruiting done. I will play my game today or tonight. That will just leave Escobar.

Escobar
09-13-2010, 05:22 PM
I have an OD game scheduled for right now. Will get my game in after that.

Escobar
09-14-2010, 12:03 AM
I finished my game. We are ready to advance.

Escobar
09-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Also, you may need to update your sliders since Patch 3. I don't know if you use OneBack's, but he just updated his for the Powerhouse OD.

steelerfan
09-14-2010, 11:13 PM
:crickets::):Rutgers::EA_SPORTS::reeses:

PigSooie
09-15-2010, 05:36 PM
We'll advance tonight ... but before we do ... I need to know what everyone wants to do ... do you want to keep the current sliders through the end of the season or change them now to Oneback's set.

steelerfan
09-15-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm good with whatever. I'll adjust, sliderwise, either way.

PigSooie
09-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Also, you may need to update your sliders since Patch 3. I don't know if you use OneBack's, but he just updated his for the Powerhouse OD.

Hey Escobar ... can you tell me where I can find his latest slider set? The only one I can find was last updated in late July.

Escobar
09-16-2010, 12:02 AM
He updates them in the Powerhouse OD.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?587-Sliders&p=12598&viewfull=1#post12598

PigSooie
09-16-2010, 11:25 AM
He updates them in the Powerhouse OD.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?587-Sliders&p=12598&viewfull=1#post12598

Okay ... had some time to play around with this ... depending on who has played by the time I get home ... I'll switch the sliders to Oneback's new set this week or next week ... I like the feel of OB set better than our current set, it seems to play well ...

steelerfan
09-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Whew! Had a major scare at Pitt. Dion Lewis made my run D look really bad. TD runs of 78 (from the Wildcat) and 52 (right up the gut). Good luck containing him to my Big East brethren!

PigSooie
09-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Whew! Had a major scare at Pitt. Dion Lewis made my run D look really bad. TD runs of 78 (from the Wildcat) and 52 (right up the gut). Good luck containing him to my Big East brethren!

LOL! At least you escaped, SF. West Virginia made me look terrible last week ... I felt pretty good after trading blows with Escobar and Syracuse and losing the week before ... but after the WV game I felt like I didn't even know how to play after that rout. :)

Lewis will probably gash me. LOL!

steelerfan
09-16-2010, 06:42 PM
LOL! At least you escaped, SF. West Virginia made me look terrible last week ... I felt pretty good after trading blows with Escobar and Syracuse and losing the week before ... but after the WV game I felt like I didn't even know how to play after that rout. :)

Lewis will probably gash me. LOL!

That was a nail-biter!

Lewis got good yardage (4-8 yds) on the majority of his touches. It was the big runs that were the killer. I was fortunate to get an INT in the end zone right before the half and their punter was horrid. They had a great day passing too and burned me for about 40 on PA on 3rd & inches when I run committed (something I RARELY do). Pitt also missed a chip shot FG in the 3rd (24 yds?) from the right hash (at the open end of the stadium, thank you Heinz Field). They tried but couldn't ice my kicker on the GWFG attempt.

Escobar
09-17-2010, 05:51 PM
Dion Lewis had 200 something on me, but that wasn't why I lost to Pitt. Their QB got a case of Robo QB, and I couldn't stop them in the 4th quarter.

PigSooie
09-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Dion Lewis had 200 something on me, but that wasn't why I lost to Pitt. Their QB got a case of Robo QB, and I couldn't stop them in the 4th quarter.

Escobar, you gonna get that WV game in so me can advance? Just checkin in with ya, bud.

steelerfan
09-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Escobar has played now. If he was the only one left (I haven't checked), we should be ready to advance.

PigSooie
09-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Yep ... will advance within the next 15 minutes ... gotta plug up the PS3

steelerfan
09-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Yep ... will advance within the next 15 minutes ... gotta plug up the PS3

Sweet! Are you going with a different slider set now?

Escobar
09-21-2010, 10:54 PM
I lined up the field goal perfectly, hit it perfectly and it just drifts off just enough to hit the upright and bounce out so I loose by 1. My friend asked me what happened cus I never miss field goals, I just tossed the controller and walked off cussing. Then somebody else who doesn't even play video games and didn't even see what happened says, "Was the wind blowing?" Sure enough the wind was 14 mph the whole game, but I forgot about it cus it wasn't really affecting the passing game. One slip up causes me to lose by 1 to West Virginia. :mad:

steelerfan
09-21-2010, 11:07 PM
I lined up the field goal perfectly, hit it perfectly and it just drifts off just enough to hit the upright and bounce out so I loose by 1. My friend asked me what happened cus I never miss field goals, I just tossed the controller and walked off cussing. Then somebody else who doesn't even play video games and didn't even see what happened says, "Was the wind blowing?" Sure enough the wind was 14 mph the whole game, but I forgot about it cus it wasn't really affecting the passing game. One slip up causes me to lose by 1 to West Virginia. :mad:

Ouch!

steelerfan
09-22-2010, 12:01 AM
2/5 are ready to advance, lol. Sooie and I both have byes as we prepare for our Big East showdown next week!

PigSooie
09-22-2010, 03:57 PM
2/5 are ready to advance, lol. Sooie and I both have byes as we prepare for our Big East showdown next week!

LOL! I don't think I can live with all the nailbiting! Play Escobar tight ... then barely nip Cincy ... then I got you to worry about? And then I get to figure out how to stop Dion?! LOL! Yikes!

PigSooie
09-22-2010, 04:00 PM
PS - Sliders have been changed mostly to Oneback's set. I did not alter penalty rules. But I did implement the speed threshold numbers.

The changes are reflected on the front page of this thread.

steelerfan
09-22-2010, 05:15 PM
LOL! I don't think I can live with all the nailbiting! Play Escobar tight ... then barely nip Cincy ... then I got you to worry about? And then I get to figure out how to stop Dion?! LOL! Yikes!

Yep! I've got you and Escobar back-to-back (following Pitt) and then Cincy, Louisville (a breather perhaps?) and WVU. Sheesh. Maybe I should use the bye to enjoy my unbeaten record while I have it, lol.

Escobar
09-23-2010, 06:26 PM
It feels like Cincinnati is killing me right now. It's only 17-3 at the half, but they have a DT and DE who are monsters. I can't run for anything. Then on a pass play in the red zone he was double teamed, swims off my G, then swims off my Center and hits my QB causing him to fumble. Maybe those first few games with the Orange have worn my team out.

Escobar
09-23-2010, 07:09 PM
After reiterating what we learned from V-Tech at halftime. "We play offense, defense, and special teams" Syracuse comes back to win 34-27 after two long defensive touchdowns. One on an interception on our 15, then an intercepted pitch 10 yards from Cincinnati scoring.

Now it says OD servers are unavailable...I'm gonna keep hitting retry for the rest of the night, because I have the feeling that if I play this game again I am going to lose.

steelerfan
09-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Looks like we're ready to advance.

Sooie, I can play today if we start before say 5 or so (Central). Saturday and Sunday don't look good right now. Monday, I can play whenever. What works for you?

PigSooie
09-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Looks like we're ready to advance.

Sooie, I can play today if we start before say 5 or so (Central). Saturday and Sunday don't look good right now. Monday, I can play whenever. What works for you?

Okay ... I'll go home and advance us today (Friday) at about 3:30 to 4 p.m. (Central) ... if you can start play around there (3:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.) today, we'll get it in then. Saturday is terrible for me too. So is Sunday. It'd have to be late Monday if we did do it then.

steelerfan
09-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Dunno what happened, buddy. i got an email giving me a final score of 27-7. If we need to replay it, no problem.

Good game.

PigSooie
09-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Dunno what happened, buddy. i got an email giving me a final score of 27-7. If we need to replay it, no problem.

Good game.

LOL! No worries. No way would I play that one over, you earned it. You shut me down cold. I couldn't do anything consistently ... good game plan. Really good. Good luck the rest of the way!

steelerfan
09-25-2010, 03:20 PM
LOL! No worries. No way would I play that one over, you earned it. You shut me down cold. I couldn't do anything consistently ... good game plan. Really good. Good luck the rest of the way!

Thanks. Good luck to you too!

PigSooie
09-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Are we still playing? Or have we lost some folks? Hope not, my recruiting is going kinda well.

steelerfan
09-28-2010, 08:17 PM
I'm just waiting for the advance. You have been creeping up on me in recruiting, I noticed.

Escobar
09-29-2010, 10:54 PM
I'm still in. I think we're waiting on Washington, and the other PAC-10 user.

steelerfan
09-29-2010, 11:03 PM
I'm still in. I think we're waiting on Washington, and the other PAC-10 user.

The PAC-10 blows! Big East FTW! :P

nwamortie
09-30-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't know what is going on but when I get on to play the online dynasty it showed that only 1/5 had played. So I was playing another dynasty waiting on everyone else to get on here and play. Well EEHog played his game last night but the hotel he is staying at has horrible internet and wouldn't let him upload the results. I got on today to play my game and let whoever hadn't played yet to be the only ones holding it up. Come to find out after I finished my game it showed that all of you in the Big East had finished and had been waiting on us in the Pac-10. EEHog will try to play again tonight and hope it uploads the results this time. It still shows 2/5 on mine though. Will check on here more often.

Escobar
09-30-2010, 04:49 PM
Yea, it was showing 1/5 for me before I played my game, but I logged in to do my recruiting. And saw that Shamrock and steelerfan had already played their games. It's some kind of bug, because it will show 1/5 then after all 5 games are played will jump to 5/5.

steelerfan
09-30-2010, 05:38 PM
I usually play my OD games within 24 hours of advancing. I'm just weird like that. I always feel better knowing it's done so I don't have to worry about it. It's a safe bet that you won't ever be waiting on me.

That being said, weekends can be crazy so we'll have to figure out a good time to play, Escobar, after the advance.

PigSooie
10-01-2010, 02:35 PM
I usually play my OD games within 24 hours of advancing. I'm just weird like that. I always feel better knowing it's done so I don't have to worry about it. It's a safe bet that you won't ever be waiting on me.

That being said, weekends can be crazy so we'll have to figure out a good time to play, Escobar, after the advance.

I'm on the road ... forgot to pack the PS3 ... I'll be back on Monday and will advance that evening ... yes, I stink.

steelerfan
10-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Uhh, Gene, you make it home? It's like Thursday and stuff...

steelerfan
10-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Does anyone have any idea wtf is going on? Is Sooie ok?

JeffHCross
10-10-2010, 12:12 AM
Last Activity 10-06-2010 03:22 PM

nwamortie
10-10-2010, 09:31 AM
No I don't have any clue what is going on. Think everything is alright, he has been active on facebook. Will send him a message.

PigSooie
10-10-2010, 09:54 AM
No I don't have any clue what is going on. Think everything is alright, he has been active on facebook. Will send him a message.

I'm so sorry guys, been a little crazy at home ... will take too long to get into and is a little personal (new job offers, personal life, etc.) ... dynasty will be advanced today.

steelerfan
10-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Escobar and I played a great game tonight. We were disconnected with 32 seconds left while he was taking a knee (I couldn't stop the clock) and leading me, 23-21.

We need, first and foremost, to be sure he ultimately gets the win.

Escobar, I know you suggested that we replay the game with you kicking a FG and then kneeing it out from there. If you're open to it, I'd rather replay it and (if I have a 2nd half lead) we can take appropriate measures to ensure that you win.

I'd just prefer to not destroy our season statistics (ie QBs getting 50 carries for -100 yards). You were the clear winner and making sure you get credit is job 1. If we can do that and not ruin all of our numbers, it would be my preference. Let me know what you think.

Escobar
10-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Ok. I just have to find a time when I'll be able to play. Either really late tonight or sometime during the day Wednesday.

PigSooie
10-11-2010, 02:03 PM
Escobar and I played a great game tonight. We were disconnected with 32 seconds left while he was taking a knee (I couldn't stop the clock) and leading me, 23-21.

Wow ... sounds like it was awesome to watch!!! Too bad technology ruined the box ... do what you guys have to do ... it's fine with me. Just let me know if I need to do anything for you.

steelerfan
10-11-2010, 02:24 PM
It was a really good game. He jumped out 10-0 before I cut it to 10-7 (half) on my way to a 21-10 lead. Then he got it to 21-17 and 21-20 before kicking the go ahead FG with just over a minute to go.

Escobar, just let me know how late tonight. I should be able to do it.

PigSooie
10-14-2010, 02:26 PM
It was a really good game. He jumped out 10-0 before I cut it to 10-7 (half) on my way to a 21-10 lead. Then he got it to 21-17 and 21-20 before kicking the go ahead FG with just over a minute to go.

Escobar, just let me know how late tonight. I should be able to do it.

Try to get your games in by Friday. I will advance before I have to leave on a trip so that you guys can play through the weekend. I'd advance again when I get back on Sunday/Monday.

steelerfan
10-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Escobar, replay our game against the CPU (take it easy please :P) and if somehow youre going to lose just restart it.

steelerfan
10-15-2010, 05:49 PM
5/5 ready.

steelerfan
10-19-2010, 11:28 PM

steelerfan
10-24-2010, 12:13 AM

nwamortie
11-08-2010, 06:41 PM
:sick:

nwamortie
11-13-2010, 10:08 PM
Guys I finally dropped out since I don't remember who I was recruiting, or what I was doing. I wasn't sure what I was doing, so I gave up on it. :(

gigemaggs99
01-18-2011, 06:44 PM
Is this league alive? The first post had real promise. I'm also an older gamer, 34, kids, life, etc...is the league still going? Looks like there hasn't been much posting for a few months now???

steelerfan
01-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Is this league alive? The first post had real promise. I'm also an older gamer, 34, kids, life, etc...is the league still going? Looks like there hasn't been much posting for a few months now???

Nope, the Commish vanished. :(

gigemaggs99
01-18-2011, 08:44 PM
would anyone be interested in starting a new one? I just traded in my Xbox 360 this weekend for a PS3 and NCAA 11 is the only game I have. I'm excited to play but don't want to get in a league with kids that use top 10 teams only, cheese, etc...

I guess I can start one, not sure where you host the thing but would there be any interest?

steelerfan
01-18-2011, 10:16 PM
would anyone be interested in starting a new one? I just traded in my Xbox 360 this weekend for a PS3 and NCAA 11 is the only game I have. I'm excited to play but don't want to get in a league with kids that use top 10 teams only, cheese, etc...

I guess I can start one, not sure where you host the thing but would there be any interest?

I hope the PMs help.

To add to this ODs epitaph, I hope our Commish is ok and that no one had to "pry the controller out...." well, you know.

gigemaggs99
01-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Does anyone know the original poster? Can they email him and make sure everything is alright? Does anyone know him and if he's not able to continue can he transfer the OD to another user and we can continue on?

steelerfan
01-20-2011, 05:54 AM
Does anyone know the original poster? Can they email him and make sure everything is alright? Does anyone know him and if he's not able to continue can he transfer the OD to another user and we can continue on?

I think all interest has been lost. Loooooong ago.... ;)