PDA

View Full Version : When will Season Showdown be working again?

SirHellraiser
07-21-2010, 10:15 AM
IS there a time frame when they will have season showdown fixed? I have check the forums not seeing a ETA

Dr Death
07-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Personally, I have really enjoyed this time where the servers have been down. SS just does not sit well w/ me. Especially when they try to promote sportsmanship but the CPU passes w/ :23 left in a game they're winning 45-21 and are at my 11 yard line. Of all the problems that exist and persist on NCAA... and they actually spent time dreaming up Season Showdown...

souljahbill
07-21-2010, 12:16 PM
Am I the only one that didn't have a problem with Season Showdown? I found the whole premise interesting.

DrManateePhD
07-21-2010, 12:19 PM
I enjoy season showdown, I like the preface of getting points to support my school; despite the countless inequality that occurs.

JBHuskers
07-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Yeah I like the various pop-ups for doing certain in-game things, and the school leaderboards.

souljahbill
07-21-2010, 12:29 PM
What I'm starting to believe that if "your school" is one of the big schools (Texas, Alabama, Ohio St., etc.), Season Showdown isn't that big of a deal but if your school is a mid-major or one of the lower level teams in a big conference, it's more meaningful. I bet that's how Virginia ended up winning last year. It meant more to them to win SS then, Ohio St. was it?

steelerfan
07-21-2010, 02:54 PM
I personally can't phathom being more annoyed by little "+10 Strategy" pop ups than I am by getting the "this game will not count towards your school" error message that pops up every time you back out of a stats or highlights menu at the end of the game now. I'm ready for SS to get up and running again for that reason alone. I don't have a problem with SS, it doesn't do much for me but it doesn't bother me at all. Plus, since the tech behind it led to Dynasty Wire, it can't be viewed too negatively.

razorback44
07-21-2010, 04:40 PM
I still don't understand how exactly Virginia won the overall title in Season Showdown. Other teams had way more points than them?

Other than that I liked it because it allowed you to see how you ranked amongst your own schools fans.

<------#8 overall Arkansas player last year!!

souljahbill
07-21-2010, 06:23 PM
I still don't understand how exactly Virginia won the overall title in Season Showdown. Other teams had way more points than them?

Other than that I liked it because it allowed you to see how you ranked amongst your own schools fans.

<------#8 overall Arkansas player last year!!

It wasn't about total points. It was about winning categories. I'm sure they killed it in Trivia and Friends and Foes, which would've put them over the top.

And if I remember correctly, I was definitely in the top 5 of Southern Miss players. I believe I was number 4.

JeffHCross
07-21-2010, 06:47 PM
I still don't understand how exactly Virginia won the overall title in Season Showdown. Other teams had way more points than them?During the college football season, teams won or lost games depending on their Season Showdown scores against their opponent. From there, teams were ranked #1-#120. The Top 32 were put into a tournament during the bowl season. The final matchup was Ohio State and Virginia. Virginia won 3-2 ... based on Allies & Rivals, Showdown matchups, and the online trivia. I think that was the first time I'd seen Ohio State beat on Trivia all season.

razorback44
07-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Ahh that makes sense. I stopped paying attention to the weekly matchups after about week 6 because we were getting curb stomped in the SEC. :(

cdj
07-25-2010, 08:37 PM
In game, the news update from 7/19 says:

"We still have Season Showdown turned off temporarily until we can provide a client side fix for a issue some people were seeing entering the game from team select."

JeffHCross
07-25-2010, 09:02 PM
So, probably until the next patch.

Kingpin32
07-25-2010, 09:03 PM
I kinda hope they reset the leaderboards for Season Showdown once they get it back working again.

fsuprime
07-25-2010, 09:42 PM
i wish they just removed it completely.