PDA

View Full Version : Week 1, 2016

JeffHCross
12-15-2012, 01:34 PM
=============== #5 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
This week, the Longhorns will host Northern Illinois (0-0).

=============== #6 LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============
This week, the Tigers are idle.

=============== #15 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
This week, the Buckeyes are idle.

=============== #12 Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
This week, the Aggies are idle.

=============== #1 Florida State Seminoles (0-0) ===============
This week, the Seminoles travel to Fayetteville to face the #8 Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0).

=============== #7 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
This week, the Ducks are idle.

=============== #2 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0) ===============
This week, the Fighting Irish will host Oklahoma (0-0).

=============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
This week, the Wolverines will host #18 Houston (0-0).

=============== #16 Georgia Bulldogs (0-0) ===============
This week, the Bulldogs are idle.

=============== #4 Alabama Crimson Tide (0-0) ===============
This week, the Crimson Tide are idle.

=============== #8 Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0) ===============
This week, the Razorbacks will host #1 Florida State (0-0).

=============== #14 USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
This week, the Trojans are idle.

JeffHCross
12-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Razor, I'll be leaving to run errands shortly. I expect I'll be around most of the post-dinnertime evening, though that may not be true. I should be around all day tomorrow though, and can play anytime after 8:30 pm eastern on Monday.

texacotea
12-15-2012, 01:50 PM
you guys hurry up.. and then everyone with week 2 games hurry up. the Buckeyes need to play a game

JeffHCross
12-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Arkansas / Florida State is scheduled to, once again, kick off the season on Sunday.

gschwendt
12-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Big thanks to psuexv tonight... I couldn't play against Houston because their playbook was glitched causing them to come out with only QBs, WRs, & HBs on the field, all huddled around the ball. He was nice enough to retire from USC temporarily so that he could rejoin as Houston to change their playbook (to Houston).

As a result, Michigan's defense is able to dominate Houston racking up 16 sacks on the day, 5 of which came from DT Ondre Pipkins. Dating back to last season's bowl game, Pipkins has recorded 9 total sacks in just two games. He looks to have a breakout year getting into the backfield this season.

Offensively, The Wolverines were right back on pace where they were last year. Through 3 quarters, the starters managed to put together 45 points. QB Kevin Jones had a decent outing put together 248 yards through the air with 3 touchdowns and 1 interception; on the ground however, he managed -1 yards rushing on 9 attempts but did add a rushing touchdown. The Michigan 3-headed runningback attack of Jake Marks, Tom Davis, & Andrew Childs combined 23 carries for 173 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Michigan coaches will use next week's off week to review the film from the opening week in preparation for #10 Pitt. Michigan fans will remember Pitt as the team that screwed the Wolverines out of an opportunity to play in the National Championship game and were rightly embarrassed because of it.

Remaining:
Arkansas vs Florida State
Notre Dame vs Oklahoma
Oregon vs recruiting
Texas A&M vs recruiting

Oneback
12-15-2012, 10:14 PM
What's the line on "recruiting".

gschwendt
12-15-2012, 10:18 PM
What's the line on "recruiting".
I know Oregon doesn't stand a chance against them...

psuexv
12-15-2012, 11:14 PM
I know Oregon doesn't stand a chance against them...

:D

JeffHCross
12-15-2012, 11:28 PM
I was wondering why Eric had retired and re-joined again tonight :D

Also, FYI for everyone else ... if you "Use Existing Coach", there doesn't appear to be any ramifications in retiring and re-joining. When I re-joined, I was using my old coach with his history and everything. (Including his two 5-7 years :D)

gschwendt
12-16-2012, 05:10 AM
I was wondering why Eric had retired and re-joined again tonight :D

Also, FYI for everyone else ... if you "Use Existing Coach", there doesn't appear to be any ramifications in retiring and re-joining. When I re-joined, I was using my old coach with his history and everything. (Including his two 5-7 years :D)

That was my thought as well but when I mentioned it to Oneback, he warned that ryby lost his stats when he left for only 20 minutes. I assume he must have created a new coach instead of using an existing coach.

Oneback
12-16-2012, 07:44 AM
That was my thought as well but when I mentioned it to Oneback, he warned that ryby lost his stats when he left for only 20 minutes. I assume he must have created a new coach instead of using an existing coach.

I wasn't sure and figured it'd be best to err on the side of caution.

ryby6969
12-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Yeah, my bad. :(

JeffHCross
12-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Well, Eric had no stats to lose anyway :D

psusnoop
12-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Lolol on line recruiting, I will have mine done here shortly after 4pm est.

psuexv
12-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Well, Eric had no stats to lose anyway :D

None that I wanted to keep ;)

texacotea
12-16-2012, 02:51 PM
We ready to advance??????

JeffHCross
12-16-2012, 06:12 PM
No. The Arkansas - FSU game has been delayed. Not sure if we're going to get it in today.

Papa LoneStar
12-16-2012, 09:21 PM
smh....slackers

JeffHCross
12-16-2012, 10:46 PM
Arkansas and FSU will play Monday night. Razor, shoot me a text during the day tomorrow and let me know when you prefer to play.

gschwendt
12-17-2012, 06:59 PM
ADVANCE!!! Now!

JeffHCross
12-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Florida State survives in Fayetteville. The Seminoles led 20-17 going into the final stanza, but an Arkansas FG a mere four seconds in the 4th quarter took care of that. Both teams exchanged punts on their ensuing drive, neither getting very far down field. Behind a strong running attack and a suddenly consistent passing game, Junior QB David Terrell was able to lead the offense down to take the lead with 1:46 to go, 27-20. OLB Scruggs picked off an Arkansas pass a few plays later, and the Seminoles clinched the victory with a field goal after letting some time run off the clock.

Great game, razor. Hell of a contest to start the season.