PDA

View Full Version : RIP Nintendo Power (1988-2012)

JBHuskers
12-12-2012, 10:52 AM
Today is a sad day as the final issue of Nintendo Power came out. I actually went to www.nintendopower.com and purchased it. Might be a mad rush to get it, so I'm glad I got in now and got it. The final issue is a great nod to the very first issue. What were your best memories of Nintendo Power?

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Nintendo-Power-Final-Magazine-Cover.jpg

souljahbill
12-12-2012, 11:56 AM
My gaming magazine of choice was EGM. I don't have any Nintendo Power memories.

morsdraconis
12-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Never was a big magazine person and Nintendo Power was never a big deal to me. Surprised it's lasted as long as it has.

JBHuskers
12-12-2012, 12:22 PM
I subscribed from the beginning, as it was right at the time when I got my first video game system the NES. I wish I could find my first issue, it's going for a pretty penny right now on eBay. For back then when I was 9, it was just an awesome magazine. I stopped subscribing before the N64 came out, as the last issues I remember were the SNES days.

souljahbill
12-12-2012, 12:33 PM
Never was a big magazine person and Nintendo Power was never a big deal to me. Surprised it's lasted as long as it has.

Man, back in the day, I'd read my mags cover-to-cover (I'd get GamePro sometimes as well). Those were the good ol' days.

JBHuskers
12-12-2012, 12:37 PM
For me Nintendo Power came out at the exact right time as it was my first jump into gaming ever so everything from tips, tricks, maps, previews, reviews, were all new to me. I'd go to the local video store and rent games all the time for the NES.