PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Arcade Machine Listed on eBay for $20k

JBHuskers
12-03-2012, 02:23 PM
WOW this would be sweet to have...

http://www.jacehallshow.com/press/20121203/jace-hall-inspired-arcade-machine-avail-ebay/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jace-Hall-Signature-Series-4-Player-55-LED-Ultimate-Video-Arcade-Game-MAME-TM-/330832696118?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d072a5336

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VRMqEJhPYxs

morsdraconis
12-03-2012, 03:03 PM
...I could do the same thing for a 10th of that price...

The most expensive thing is the LCD screen and the cabinet, otherwise, it's just a pretty decent computer emulating everything and interfacing the normal cabinet setup into the MAME engine.

JeffHCross
12-03-2012, 07:34 PM
:+1:, Mors.

CLW
12-05-2012, 12:32 PM
...I could do the same thing for a 10th of that price...

The most expensive thing is the LCD screen and the cabinet, otherwise, it's just a pretty decent computer emulating everything and interfacing the normal cabinet setup into the MAME engine.

:+1:, Mors.

I'll pay you guys 2K for that machine. Build it and the $ shall come.

souljahbill
12-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Like fixing a car, I think this is a parts+labor issue. It may cost 2k in parts but to assemble it is gonna take a considerable amount of time. It's probably not 18k worth of labor but to have that machine without work is convenient.

CLW
12-05-2012, 05:01 PM
I noticed the Ebay listing indicates "This game can play almost every game ever made!" and "capability to play the newer home console emulators..." Which is a big difference from the Youtube video that has all the games pre-installed.

Let's just say you dropped 20K on this what else would you have to buy to actually get all the games on the system?

morsdraconis
12-05-2012, 06:12 PM
I noticed the Ebay listing indicates "This game can play almost every game ever made!" and "capability to play the newer home console emulators..." Which is a big difference from the Youtube video that has all the games pre-installed.

Let's just say you dropped 20K on this what else would you have to buy to actually get all the games on the system?

You wouldn't have to "buy" anything else. You'd just download roms of all the games that you wanted, loaded them onto it's massive harddrive, and emulated them with it's emulators.

Unfortunately, it's also lying to you about emulating newer home consoles. The emulation for the Saturn is sketchy at best and anything past the PS1 is next to impossible. You can do things like the DS and such, but the PS2 is hit and miss at best and the Xbox, Wii, 360, and PS3 are simply out of the question.

Really all that machine would be good for would be to play emulated standup arcade games, NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, and PS1 games and pretty much nothing else.

morsdraconis
12-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Actually, reading the Ebay information, they don't include any emulation software or roms at all (how they can get away with offering something that basically encourages you to "steal" games. It comes with a Wii, PS3, and 360 as well so there's that as well.

It might actually be worth about $5,000 because of all the "custom" stuff it has in the cabinet and such. $20,000 is definitely insane considering how much stuff I'd have to do to get what I'd actually want out of it.