PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Woods 14: Features List & Historic Edition

cdj
11-16-2012, 10:40 PM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8350/8191605657_a8dc8d792f.jpg

Origin.com has posted the first listing for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14. Included are the first reveal of game features:

Get ready for another season of PGA TOUR golf with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14. Take on the world’s top professional golfers as you play for fame and fortune on the world’s most beautiful and demanding courses. Face dynamic weather conditions and hazards that affect gameplay, powered by the Weather Channel in real time based on actual weather patterns. Work your way up the leaderboard or take on the pros. Whatever your motivations are, go inside the ropes with the most-authentic golf experience on the planet.

• Get excitement on every swing: Huge galleries, digital leaderboards, and dynamic crowd reactions throughout the course add to the intense experience of real tournament golf.

• Play as or against more than 20 pros: Take to the links with legends such as Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus or modern day pros like Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson or Rickie Fowler.

• Travel to all the championship courses: Take on the best of the best on some of the world’s most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, the St. Andrews Links and TPC Sawgrass.

• Kinect for Xbox 360 support: Hit like a pro with the most advanced virtual golf swing to date. Controller-free and voice-enabled controls provide a unique and immersive sports gaming experience.

TW14 will be available in a standard (http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.235393700) (MSRP: $59.99) or Masters Historic Edition (http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.257293600) version (MSRP: $69.99). Here are the features and courses found in the Historic Edition:

• Become a Masters Champion: For one week each spring, golf’s greatest players from around the world gather on the sacred grounds of the Augusta National Golf Club. Now you can take part in one of the greatest traditions in sports, the Masters Tournament.

Historic Edition Courses:

• Augusta Par 3: The smaller course at the legendary Augusta National Golf Club. Home of the annual Par-3 contest held the same week as the Masters.

• Augusta 1934: Travel back to the golden age of golf and the very first Masters Tournament on the hallowed grounds of Augusta Golf Club.

• County Down: Play the charming and challenging holes on one of Ireland’s oldest and most noted courses.

• Birkdale: Awarded “Royal” status in 1951 and host to several Open Championships, Birkdale remains one of one of the great classic British clubs.

• Sheshan Golf Club: One of Shanghai’s premier courses, Sheshan boasts an elegant layout that embraces a mix of the old and new.

• TPC Blue Monster: This prestigious and spectacular course has hosted PGA TOUR events for more than 50 years, made famous by its numerous water hazards and signature 18th hole fountain.

Which version do you plan on purchasing? Let us know in the comments below.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?639-Tiger-Woods-14-Features-List-Historic-Edition

bdoughty
11-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Historic for me as I always get all the courses. They better have added some more dynamic camera options at the very least. Pretty sure me and JCauthen have been bitching about it forever over on the TW forum. I would still be ranting about it over there too but the TW devs are an odd bunch when it comes to listening to what "sim players" want. I know there is a balance to please all but some of the stuff they do to piss off the sim crowd would be eliminated with some simple options.

TW 12 Do you want completely eliminate CADDY and all the shot information on the screen? Yes
TW 13 Change putting/chipping to feel more like Links 2004? Yes please (I can dream... I enjoyed the new swing mechanics up till you get to putting and chipping that does not work well with the limited motion of the analog swing)

In regards to the cameras, I have no idea why EA does not just hire JCauthen part time or just do what he mentions in his posts.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/8472094.page

Who is the genius at Tiburon who thought it was a good idea to each each cutscene with a downward zoomed image of the ball? I know you catch more flies with honey but FFS really? :fp:

NatureBoy
11-17-2012, 11:11 AM
This is from the Best Buy Web Site.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14: The Masters Historic Edition.

Synopsis

You're getting ready to tee up on the 18th hole. You glance up at the leaderboard and see what used to be a four-stroke lead has been diminished to one. Your years of practice and discipline have taken you this far — too far to let nerves get in the way now. Just relax, play your game, and you'll be wearing that green jacket in no time.

Hit the links with golf legends and modern-day pros, including Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler, and experience some of the world's most celebrated courses like Augusta National Golf Club, the St. Andrews Links and TPC Sawgrass. Feel the pressure of making that perfect shot thanks to huge galleries, digital leaderboards and dynamic crowd reactions that add to the intense experience of real tournament golf, and play through varying types of weather that reflect the real-time conditions of the course. Get off the couch and become a part of the action with Kinect support that allows controller-free and voice-enabled controls that provide a unique and immersive gameplay experience.

Features

• Take on the world's greatest golfers on some of the most beloved courses on your way to the Masters Tournament in the latest iteration of the best-selling golf video game franchise.

• Play as or against more than 20 pros from past to present, including Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods, Bubba Watson, Dustin Johnson and Rickie Fowler.

• Step onto some of the world's most beloved golf courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, the St. Andrews Links and TPC Sawgrass, as you work your way up the leaderboard.

• Feel excitement on every swing as huge galleries, digital leaderboards and dynamic crowd reactions throughout the course provide the intense, realistic experience of real tournament golf.

• Experience dynamic in-game weather conditions powered by the Weather Channel that are affected by the real weather of the course you are playing.

• Swing like a pro thanks to Kinect compatibility that offers controller-free and voice-enabled controls to provide a unique, immersive round of virtual golf. (Kinect sensor not included)

• For 1 to 4 players offline or 1 to 24 players online.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Tiger+Woods+PGA+Tour+14%3A+The+Masters+Historic+Ed ition+-+Xbox+360/6946119.p;jsessionid=26F2304E0F15232960882C088D39D 5B5.bbolsp-app04-29?id=1218816131376&skuId=6946119&st=tiger woods pga tour 14&lp=1&cp=1

NatureBoy
11-17-2012, 11:26 AM
This is a tough call for me to make. I would really like to purchase the Historic Edition. I will have to find out about the swing and putting features before I could commit to buying the game. I just couldn't get into the way they changed things in Tiger 13. I know it's just a pipe dream of mine but I wish they could include the old swing meter and putting system in TW 14. This year was the first year I didn't buy the game since it was first released. I would like to get back to playing TW PGA Tour once again.

SCClassof93
01-14-2013, 03:59 PM
If the ball drop glitch has been fixed, I will go Historic all the way. :nod: