PDA

View Full Version : Child Molester has RIGHT to Twitter/Facebook

CLW
11-08-2012, 02:31 PM
I wish I NEVER studied law. :fp: :smh:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-57547215-38/court-15-year-old-molester-has-a-right-to-facebook-twitter/

morsdraconis
11-08-2012, 02:46 PM
What. The. Fuck.

:smh:

psusnoop
11-08-2012, 02:59 PM
That is crazy!!!

CLW
11-08-2012, 03:04 PM
What. The. Fuck.

:smh:

That is crazy!!!

The "logic" behind said decision was that the internet wasn't used for the molestation at issue. Of course (anyone with a functioning brain knows) that doesn't stop the molester from using Facebook/Twitter to repeat his offenses in the future using said social media.

I'd note that it only prevents the Government from stopping him from using this site. I don't know why Twitter/Facebook doesn't have a policy BANNING ALL sexual offenders. It just SCREAMS lawsuit against Facebook/Twitter if someone is raped by a sexual offender that used their site to lure the victim in.

bdoughty
11-08-2012, 03:57 PM
In fairness to Facebook they do have a rule.

http://www.facebook.com/legal/terms

Registration and Account Security

You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender.

Maybe if Mr Harvard Educated Judge and our politicians actually read the some of these companies RULES.

For example

http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/new-state-law-requires-sex-offenders-to-list-convictions-on-facebook/

:fp:

JeffHCross
11-08-2012, 08:13 PM
Facebook, the company, having a rule that restricts his use of Facebook is different from a court ruling that he is not legally allowed to do so. Facebook is allowed to restrict usage however they wish. The First Amendment says different about the courts and other government entities. Facebook is just an example in this case.

ram29jackson
11-09-2012, 01:27 PM
was his criminal touching as they call it, the very definition of molestation ? was he quote-unquote convicted of molestation like an adult in his 20s or 30s that seems predisposed to the disfunctionality ?

most molesters arent necasarily interested in people near their own age but he was messing with a 13 year old girl too. Is he a "molester" or just a dysfunctional dumb ass ? Neither is a good thing

steelerfan
11-09-2012, 02:45 PM

TGT is equally accepting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

JeffHCross
11-09-2012, 02:55 PM
was his criminal touching as they call it, the very definition of molestation ?
Definition for molestation:
the act of subjecting someone to unwanted or improper sexual advances or activity (especially women or children).

So, yes.

ram29jackson
11-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Definition for molestation:
the act of subjecting someone to unwanted or improper sexual advances or activity (especially women or children).

So, yes.

that defines molestation but it doesnt define his psychological motives or history.

bdoughty
11-09-2012, 04:18 PM
He molested a 2 year old and you need his psychological motives and/or history? Not that you would get that as he is a minor and any counseling the boy has had on his mental state are not exactly available for the general public.

How about we say, molesting a 2 year old = Something is not right in that boys head and leave it at that.

P.S. You seem to have a working knowledge on molesters and their prey.

ram29jackson
11-09-2012, 04:57 PM
He molested a 2 year old and you need his psychological motives and/or history?

yes, was this a stupid one shot curious thing or will he be forever attracted to children?

the article explains nothing in detail about the incident. Its more interested in the social media aspect of it.
You are making assumptions based on no details. I'm not down playing an incident, i'm asking a deeper question.

bdoughty
11-09-2012, 06:42 PM
yes, was this a stupid one shot curious thing or will he be forever attracted to children?

Only one person can answer that, so if you want to find a new pen pal, I suggest you hit google.