PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Season, 2014

Oneback
11-04-2012, 06:35 AM
=============== #1 Texas Longhorns (11-1) ===============
#2 Texas will face #3 Louisville in the BCS National Championship.

=============== #2 LSU Tigers (11-1) ===============
#3 LSU will face #6 TCU in the Allstate Sugar Bowl.

=============== #5 Ohio State Buckeyes (11-1) ===============
#5 Ohio State will face Maryland in the Fiesta Bowl.

=============== #4 Texas A&M Aggies (11-1) ===============
#4 Texas A&M will face #21 Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl®.

=============== #20 Oregon Ducks (8-4) ===============
#21 Oregon will face Washington in the Holiday Bowl.

=============== #15 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-4) ===============
#16 Notre Dame will face Iowa in the Insight Bowl.

=============== #10 Michigan Wolverines (9-3) ===============
#10 Michigan will face Alabama in the AT&T Cotton Bowl.

=============== #11 USC Trojans (9-3) ===============
#11 USC will face Cal in the Alamo Bowl.

=============== #12 Georgia Bulldogs (10-2) ===============
#12 Georgia will face #13 Wisconsin in the Capital One Bowl.

=============== Alabama Crimson Tide (7-5) ===============
Alabama will face #10 Michigan in the AT&T Cotton Bowl.

=============== #16 Arkansas Razorbacks (9-3) ===============
#17 Arkansas will face Indiana in the Outback Bowl.

Oneback
11-04-2012, 07:48 AM
#1 Texas wins the National Championship in dominating fashion over #2 Louisville - 38-10...

David Ash was 16 of 19 passing with 262 yards and 3 touchdowns, Malcolm Brown ran the ball 20 times for 121 yards and 2 touchdowns while the defense held the Teddy Bridgewater led Cardinals to 243 yards of offense.

JeffHCross
11-04-2012, 08:02 AM
I'm back, bitches.

gschwendt
11-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Ryby, I can play anytime today, just let me know what works for you. Monday and Tuesday anytime after 5pm ct and Wednesday is out.

gschwendt
11-04-2012, 08:29 AM
I'm back, bitches.About time.

psuexv
11-04-2012, 08:47 AM
That's gotta hurt for LSU, no MNC :smh:

ryby6969
11-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Ryby, I can play anytime today, just let me know what works for you. Monday and Tuesday anytime after 5pm ct and Wednesday is out.

I can go anytime from now until like 6pm.

EDIT: Congrats OB!

Papa LoneStar
11-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Hopefully I can dominate TCU in the Sugar Bowl to teach the AP a lesson. Louisville went from #4 to #1 in the AP....giving them a .003 advantage over the SEC Champion. I vote for Louisville to replace Oklahoma State in the SEC.

Papa LoneStar
11-04-2012, 09:02 AM
Welcome back, Jeffery! VERY happy! Hopefully we can get our conference back to A+ prestige!

gschwendt
11-04-2012, 09:22 AM
I can go anytime from now until like 6pm.

EDIT: Congrats OB!

Sent you a text. Game at 9:45am ct? (ie in 23 minutes)

ryby6969
11-04-2012, 09:25 AM
I tried sending you a text but I have 0 service right now. That will work.

ryby6969
11-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Like I should have expected anything different from this damn game.

BTW, power running in this game is still a joke.

ryby6969
11-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Good game G, really frustrating when QB's just shed blindside hits like yours did in the final drive. Happens to me all the time, along with guys just completely lost in coverage like the last TD. It is really starting to piss me off and making this game damn near unplayable for me right now.

gschwendt
11-04-2012, 11:43 AM
A Wild West Shootout in Dallas as Michigan defeats Alabama 49-45.

The game started with Michigan's opening drive as they drove 77 yards taking off just over 5 minutes of the clock and scoring 7. From there, nothing else would be slow. The Wolverines eventually took a 21-7 lead into the locker room at halftime.

After that, things got crazy. Alabama started the proceedings on a 3rd & 16 as QB A. Morris threw a streak down the sideline to a covered WR D. White. The Michigan CB deflected the ball into the air and after a couple of bounces, White secured the ball and ran the remainder of the 82 yards into the endzone. On Michigan's ensuing drive, QB Kevin Jones was slaughtered on a tackle forcing the ball free allowing the Crimson Tide to scoop & score to even things up at 21. On the next Michigan drive, Jones was again brutally tackled forcing another fumble and another Alabama recovery. The Tide had to settle for a field goal but took their first lead of the game 24-21. Still reeling from the two hits on the previous drives, Jones made a bad read on a curl route and Alabama CB G. Smith jumped the route and ran it back for 6. The Tide managed to rattle off a very quick 24 point 3rd quarter while their offense saw very little action.

In the 4th quarter, after a crucial dipping & diving run by Christian-Okoye-lookalike HB Tom Davis that picked up 30, the Wolverines eventually pulled within 3 off of a 2 yard blast by FS Bryan Dean. The Wolverine defense, after having much of the 3rd quarter off, stepped up big forcing a long FG attempt by Alabama to fall short. To thank his defense, HB Jake Marks immediately turned around to rattle off a 66 yard run off of an option read to take back the lead 35-31. Alabama didn't waste much time answering back as WR D. White caught his second touchdown pass of the game, this one from 35 yards out taking the 38-35 lead with 2:28 left in the game. Michigan had to score but had plenty of time and 3 timeouts to do so. Time proved to not be an issue as a 44 yard connection from QB Jones to TE Devin Funchess setup the Wolverine offense inside the redzone. After that, a QB keeper by Jones gave Michigan the lead again (42-38) with 1:29 remaining.

Alabama HB Dustin Bell decided he'd had enough of this game and promptly returned the kickoff 105 yards for the score and again the lead, 45-42. With only 1:07 on the clock, however 3 timeouts, Jones and the rest of the Michigan offense took the field. Jones' methodical drive saw him completing passes all over the field and eventually put them at the 37 yard line with 22 seconds left. Alabama sent the pressure and Jones broke one tackle and was flushed from the pocket with daylight ahead of him, scrambling down to the 20 yard line. With 11 seconds left, the Wolverines burned their last timeout and were left with a decision... take the tie to overtime or press their luck. Coach Rex Rodriguez decided to press his luck and let Jones win this one out in regulation. Alabama elected to only send three rushers giving Jones plenty of time to be selective to eventually find WR Tim Pittman to make a falling catch towards the back of the endzone for the victory.

With the victory, Michigan closes out their season 10-3 and with a Cotton Bowl win.

Player of the Game
QB Kevin Jones - 21/24 291yds, 3TDs 1Int, 9 carries 42yds, 1TD.

Without question, one of the wildest games I've played in a very long time. Great game ryby.

ryby6969
11-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Yeah man, I cannot believe how many games I have lost at the end this season. I really wish I could run my offense but it is damn near impossible with how poor the blocking is at times in the run game. I end up having to air it out because otherwise I end up having drives stall because of losing yards trying to run the ball. Some formations I have basically 8 linemen because my TE's have 80's in blocking but still cannot get a push.

gschwendt
11-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Here's the Alabama catch... really doesn't do it justice. Image in the spoiler to show how close it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbKP9L30zM0&feature=youtu.be

http://easw.easports.com:8096/media2013/ncaa13/17195/421A0001_169_GR_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_cpg.jpg

ryby6969
11-04-2012, 12:11 PM
He was beasting for me this game. I cannot wait to get to next season. :(

ryby6969
11-04-2012, 12:52 PM
So what are the plans for the offseason?

gschwendt
11-04-2012, 01:10 PM
So what are the plans for the offseason?
Wednesday would have to be late. Thursday is out. Otherwise I'm available whenever.

Oneback
11-04-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah man, I cannot believe how many games I have lost at the end this season. I really wish I could run my offense but it is damn near impossible with how poor the blocking is at times in the run game. I end up having to air it out because otherwise I end up having drives stall because of losing yards trying to run the ball. Some formations I have basically 8 linemen because my TE's have 80's in blocking but still cannot get a push.

I gave up n the power running game as well, but you may want to talk with Dawg as he seems to be doing quite well with the running game.

ryby6969
11-04-2012, 01:42 PM
He really does not run a power game, at least not against me he did not. He runs outside because his back has like 98 or so speed.

Oneback
11-04-2012, 01:49 PM
I had pretty good luck running inside/outside zone plays as long as I had a numbers advantage, I'd really like to run more power than the game allows. It's hard to run against "our defenses" if you can't gain a numbers advantage though.

gschwendt
11-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Honestly, I haven't had too much issue with a power run game when I want to run it. There are certain plays, that don't work and then there are certain defenses that will eat up plays that do, but with patience and practice, a run game is there. And no, I don't consider what I do to be power run game, though I do have a couple of under center power formations that I occasionally turn to.

One thing I will say ryby, the auto-motion runs from the Ace Jumbo formations don't work. I think the biggest issue is that the motion blocker is still moving by the time the ball is snapped. Therefore, he's not moving forward once it snaps like he should.

JeffHCross
11-04-2012, 02:46 PM
I haven't played with our new slider set, but I was able to do decent power running in the season+ I got here the first go around. Like G said, I found some plays (and formations) that simply didn't work well enough, but I was able to adapt others to what I wanted to do.

gschwendt
11-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Looks like Dawg, Kia & Snoop are online playing now. That will just leave razorback & Escobar.

Oneback
11-04-2012, 03:08 PM
Razor was out running errands and said he'd be able to play - I haven't heard anything from Escobar.

Escobar
11-04-2012, 03:10 PM
I should be playing soon