PDA

View Full Version : Week 11, 2014

Oneback
10-23-2012, 06:49 PM
=============== #5 Texas Longhorns (7-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 31-13 against Michigan (5-2).
This week, the Longhorns will host #4 Oregon (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Brian Miller has committed to Texas
- (****) HB Joe Haumiller has committed to Texas
- (***) TE Calvin Larsen has committed to Alabama

=============== #6 LSU Tigers (6-1) ===============
Last week, LSU won 34-10 against Auburn (3-4).
This week, the Tigers will host #14 Alabama (5-3).

=============== #2 Ohio State Buckeyes (7-0) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 63-24 against Michigan State (3-5).
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Norman to face the Oklahoma Sooners (3-4).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Bryan Jones has committed to Ohio State

=============== #9 Texas A&M Aggies (6-1) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M won 49-24 against Oklahoma State (0-8).
This week, the Aggies travel to Athens to face the #21 Georgia Bulldogs (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) HB Joe Haumiller has committed to Texas

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (6-1) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 49-17 against Texas Tech (2-5).
This week, the Ducks travel to Austin to face the #5 Texas Longhorns (7-1).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LOLB Darrick Robbins has committed to Alabama

=============== #12 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (5-3) ===============
Last week the Fighting Irish were idle.
This week, the Fighting Irish travel to Corvallis to face the Oregon State Beavers (2-6).
In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) DT Matt Bush has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #11 Michigan Wolverines (5-2) ===============
Last week, Michigan lost 31-13 against Texas (7-1).
This week, the Wolverines travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (2-5).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) HB Justin Olsen has committed to Michigan
- (****) WR Frank Wiggins has committed to Michigan
- (***) MLB Adam Parks has committed to Michigan

=============== #19 USC Trojans (7-2) ===============
Last week the Trojans were idle.
This week, the Trojans are idle.

=============== #21 Georgia Bulldogs (6-1) ===============
Last week, Georgia won 57-7 against Florida (2-5).
This week, the Bulldogs will host #9 Texas A&M (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Georgia targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT Terrence Hines has committed to Georgia
- (****) RT Brent Davis has committed to Georgia

=============== #14 Alabama Crimson Tide (5-3) ===============
Last week, Alabama won 28-10 against Mississippi State (4-5).
This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Baton Rouge to face the #6 LSU Tigers (6-1).
In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) TE Calvin Larsen has committed to Alabama
- (*) FB Paul Smith has committed to Alabama
- (***) LOLB Darrick Robbins has committed to Alabama

=============== #16 Arkansas Razorbacks (6-1) ===============
Last week, Arkansas won 55-21 against Ole Miss (5-3).
This week, the Razorbacks travel to Knoxville to face the Tennessee Volunteers (1-6).
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LE Tony Dorsey has committed to Arkansas
- (**) ROLB J.J. Carroll has committed to Arkansas
- (***) FS Ken Johnson has committed to Arkansas
- (***) LOLB Daniel Johnson has committed to Arkansas
- (****) LE Ken Jackson has committed to Arkansas
- (***) RG Mike Burke has committed to Arkansas

psuexv
10-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Back to back bye weeks :down:

ryby6969
10-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Bama vs LSU will be going down sometime tonight.

nykia31
10-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Yikes,major poll shakeups

Oneback
10-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Texas v Oregon will be kicking off in 15 min.

ryby6969
10-23-2012, 08:54 PM
I am really getting tired of losing because defenders will not catch the ball. Score a TD in OT, very first play Papa does it gets jumped by my All-American FS and he fucking drops it. Absolutely crazy how it happens in almost every game now.

Oneback
10-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Texas clears another hurdle in a squeaker winning 24-20 over Oregon setting up a likely winner take all showdown against Ohio State in a few weeks in Austin.

Oneback
10-23-2012, 08:56 PM
I am really getting tired of losing because defenders will not catch the ball. Score a TD in OT, very first play Papa does it gets jumped by my All-American FS and he fucking drops it. Absolutely crazy how it happens in almost every game now.

Happens to everyone, also happens a lot in random online games as well - its been that way for years especially when momentum is even, get mo and you'll catch every errant pass in a defenders direction.

ryby6969
10-23-2012, 08:59 PM
I had momentum. Had just scored in OT on one play and he came out and threw it right at my safety. My guys do not catch the ball. Period.

psusnoop
10-24-2012, 06:15 AM
Happens to everyone, also happens a lot in random online games as well - its been that way for years especially when momentum is even, get mo and you'll catch every errant pass in a defenders direction.

I agree OB.

I've always in the back of my mind not gotten frustrated about it because to me those are just passes that are off target and it's the games way of giving me an incomplete pass.

texacotea
10-24-2012, 07:18 AM
#1 was short lived :(

psuexv
10-24-2012, 08:04 AM
I'll say this about the dropped INTs as I've seen it as well for years and it continues this year. The way I've looked at it is it's sort of a way for the game to replicate the inaccuracies of a QB. When you watch a game live, even the best QBs College and Pro will have errant throws or ones that are completely off the mark. You very rarely see that in the game.

The other justification that I have for it to myself is you never see in real life DBs stepping in front of passes the amount of times they do in the game. Just think if we caught all of the INTs that we drop. I'd have 5 to 6 a game. In real life a defense very very rarely has a chance to pick off a ball that many times.

psuexv
10-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Looks like Tommy, Tex and Razor remain

gschwendt
10-24-2012, 08:37 AM
I'll be playing my game around lunch time today.

texacotea
10-24-2012, 09:03 AM
ill get mine in later tonight. Dont get off till 8 today

razorback44
10-24-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm playing mine around 2 this afternoon.

ryby6969
10-24-2012, 03:56 PM
I'll say this about the dropped INTs as I've seen it as well for years and it continues this year. The way I've looked at it is it's sort of a way for the game to replicate the inaccuracies of a QB. When you watch a game live, even the best QBs College and Pro will have errant throws or ones that are completely off the mark. You very rarely see that in the game.

The other justification that I have for it to myself is you never see in real life DBs stepping in front of passes the amount of times they do in the game. Just think if we caught all of the INTs that we drop. I'd have 5 to 6 a game. In real life a defense very very rarely has a chance to pick off a ball that many times.

I agree with this for the most part but the play that upset me was one in which everything happened the way I wanted minus the defender catching it. Called a cover 0 play and had my best defender matched up on his TE. Pressure got there quick and forced him to get rid of it and my FS got in front of the TE and just dropped it. The killer was the fact that it would have ended the game because it was OT and I had already scored. Eventually my guys will start catching the ball more then they do. I have been at the bottom of the league in forced turnovers all 3 years now.

JeffHCross
10-24-2012, 08:11 PM
I had momentum. Had just scored in OT on one playAs far as this game is concerned, that's not momentum. But I know what you mean about it being frustrating.