PDA

View Full Version : Madden 13 Big Patch is out

Rudy
10-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Madden 13 patch is out for both systems. Apparently there is a glitch in the player sizes if you edit their appearance. As soon as you edit the player they turn small. It doesn't sound like they fixed the cpu play calling (run heavy on 1st and 2nd down for many teams) either but I will check it out later for myself. Check out a pic of the OL that shrink post patch if you edit them.

http://imageshack.us/a/img11/3710/dsc01622ez.jpg

Rudy
10-15-2012, 07:18 PM
The first full Madden 13 patch is a big disappointment for me. While everyone was praising EA for what they did fix, they seemed to forget all the things that were absent.

For me the broken team tendencies was priority #1 and it wasn’t touched. Most teams in the game still choose to run roughly 80% of the time on first and second down. I played 1.5 games against the Patriots and Eagles and it was still the same as it was before the patch. If this didn’t bother you then you are lucky. It bothers me that all the teams have the same feel and it also makes the cpu too easy to stop. It robs the game of personality. Team songs still don’t play. I scored a TD at home with Miami and their team song is still absent for some reason.

Late game AI is still terrible. How can EA defend this? How can it be this bad after producing video game football for over 20 years? The cpu (Tom Brady) was losing by 6 with 18 seconds left and no time outs and they choose to run the ball from my 40. They actually got 20 yards and spiked the ball with 2 seconds left. So what do they do from just inside my 20 with only two seconds left? Bring out a 3 TE, 1 WR formation to run the ball of course. It’s beyond absurd.

While they may have patched the game so that the difficulty and sliders within CCM is the same as Play Now it still wasn’t good enough. The pass reaction slider still appears to do nothing. NCAA Football has a pass coverage slider that actually affects coverage. EA’s Madden team has not provided a tool to make the coverage easier or harder. Fail. FG kicking accuracy sliders are still only global which means the human player will continue to hit 100% of their FGs since the r-stick for accuracy means almost nothing. This wasn’t patched either.

I still saw the glitch where the game drops out of HD and looks fuzzy. It doesn’t happen often but no fix here either.

About the only positives I saw from playing 1.5 games were that the physics seems better. The players seemed to move smoother as well. I haven’t played Madden much lately since I’m so annoyed with the broken team tendencies. At this point I’d like to get through at least one off-season within franchise but I may just trade this game in and be done with it. If this was the best they could do with some obvious things like late game AI so bad, then I have lost a ton of faith in the Madden dev team.

skipwondah33
10-16-2012, 08:03 AM
Not a single thing in this patch mattered to me except the Gameplay fixes

Fair catch thing, forced Run Commit, etc.

Most of it was geared towards the Connected Career, Offline people pretty sure.

Rudy
10-16-2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah, the fair catch bobble didn't get fixed. Their sliders need work and they didn't get them.

ram29jackson
10-16-2012, 04:28 PM
seems to me that when you spy a defensive end ( make him QB spy ) he sometimes just starts chasing the running back on pass plays

skipwondah33
10-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Yeah, the fair catch bobble didn't get fixed. Their sliders need work and they didn't get them.

It wasn't a bobble. The return man would move out of the way instead of fair catching when the CPU controlled him and a Defender came near.

The bobble thing I haven't seen. I have seen when people try to get a head start on the kick and punt returns like you could in the past by moving forward...now you either drop it, bobble it or it bounces off of you. Which is cool and should happen.

Had a game last night where my opponent did this, eventually picked the ball up and then was hit fumbling the ball...just like it happened lastnight when the Denver returner fumbled.

That was great to see

Rudy
10-16-2012, 06:47 PM
I've seen the fair catch phantom bobble at least 3 times which isn't that much really. I'm just stunned when I fair catch the ball, don't move the player, don't actually see the fumble and my guy gets tackled.

I don't understand how the late game cpu AI got so bad. It was fine in M12, other than automatic time outs at 1 minute, but at least the cpu knew not to run the ball when they had no timeouts and need to score a TD.

skipwondah33
10-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Hmm I've played a rather large amount of User vs User games and haven't ran into that at all

This when you play CPU? If so guess that would be the difference as I haven't seen it yet in a game I've played. I know I'm well past 180+ games now played

Rudy
10-17-2012, 05:26 AM
Yeah, I've only played against the cpu. I don't touch my controller other than to hit triangle for fair catch. You can't even tell he bobbled it although you can probably see something on replay. It's a little goofy glitch. When it does happen I just worry my guy doesn't fumble or get hurt.

skipwondah33
10-17-2012, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I've only played against the cpu. I don't touch my controller other than to hit triangle for fair catch. You can't even tell he bobbled it although you can probably see something on replay. It's a little goofy glitch. When it does happen I just worry my guy doesn't fumble or get hurt.Yeah I haven't seen that in any of my User vs User games.

Only thing I've seen in my User vs User games was that issue I stated that was corrected with the return man moving out of the way when a Defender came near.

I played the CPU once, fooling around with my MUT. Quite a bit of things happen against them that I don't see against a User...and I could tell that from 1 game against them. Notably the drops, coverage and AI. This on All-Madden. I couldn't even finish the game and if I had to play the CPU all the time I'd lost it a month and a half ago. This game is so much more enjoyable playing another user. That goes for any sports game though IMO...well any game really.

Rudy
10-17-2012, 04:07 PM
I understand why you guys play humans but how do you know so many GOOD people without having to deal with the losers online that cheeze? I think playing good humans would be fun with football but I would argue that playing the cpu in baseball is much better in my experience. Hockey is fun against humans. I would think basketball is really good either way.

The beauty of offline play for me is that I play my franchise whenever I want and with the sliders and difficulty exactly how I like it. No question the cpu AI needs to pick his game up.

Rudy
10-19-2012, 07:04 AM
One nice little touch in scouting is the ability to see ALL the players. Before you had to choose from scouted or unscouted.

I think running the ball against the cpu is easier since the patch. I've broken quite a few big runs. Outside contain is not a part of the cpu vocabulary. They still don't set the edge right on strong formations.

Rudy
10-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Anyone else finding it easier to run after the patch? Don't know if its a fluke but I've been gaining a ton on the ground the last few games (against the cpu).

Rudy
10-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Team tendencies are screwed up and on OS there is a thread explaining how the cpu play calling is screwed up. But there is good news. The tendencies are good on the generic and legend playbooks (the only real playbook that isn't screwed up is Detroit's - the rest are far too run heavy on 1st and 2nd down). So if you use a second controller in franchise mode, you can use the second one to change the offensive playbook to something else to get better results. You have to return the control back to cpu before you start. Will definitely be doing this. More info here: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/586434-run-pass-ratio-team-specific-playbooks-computer-offline-ccm.html

I do like the draft stories and twitter stuff. While some may be repetitive it does suck you in a bit. A true weekly wrap up show with a few video highlights would be really nice though. The draft stories happen onces every couple weeks. They have talked about a highly ranked QB from PSU, a DT with a lot of potential but inconsistent, a WR from NC who was a former soccer player but it playing well, a scrub SS from Bama who may not get drafted but is now playing well and will probably be a late round pick. The stories are interesting and I like this touch.

I played the Jags today - MJD is way too skinny imo. The guy is super stocky in real life. More than any other player in the NFL imo. Here is a Madden pick in franchise. Legs way too thin.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m195/rudyjuly2/Madden/MJD.jpg

Here is a real life pic.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/St+Louis+Rams+v+Jacksonville+Jaguars+8MIvIOt9xYBl. jpg

Rudy
10-20-2012, 04:03 PM
The two real gameplay differences I notice after the patch are the physics are quite a bit better imo but too many brick wall/dynamite tackles with players flying backwards off each other. The second difference is that it seems the run blocking has been juiced up in the game. This has allowed for better returns and runs so sliders have to be tweaked accordingly.

Rudy
10-20-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm updating the recommendations on OS for playbooks to use for teams to get proper tendencies. Go here to check it out. This may save the game for me.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArB9QSYxv2ZGdHZCTWIzLWRidVVfQmdiNVpMTDlVS 2c#gid=8

Rudy
10-24-2012, 01:36 PM
After the patch it is way too easy to run the ball on All-Pro and the sliders are very, very weak. Right now I think it might be good but I've got user run block at 0 and cpu block shedding at 100. EA just doesn't care very much about this area.

Anyways, the playbook switch has saved the game for me. Giving the cpu a generic playbook that has proper play calling tendencies makes the game so much better.

Here are a few cool videos. I like the first one best - the cpu Aaron Rodgers actually starts to scramble and then throws the ball. That is something you rarely see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5MgPj2NfKA

Cpu Trent Richardson breaking some tackles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed6NQc3jkQc

I completed a nice play action deep ball to Brian Hartline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKSZONeRzIc

Rudy
10-26-2012, 06:37 PM
I finally got EA to admit that the play calling tendencies are broken and unlikely to be fixed for Madden 13. I can accept that answer rather than just trying to snow us over and delay telling us the truth. The solution of using a 2nd controller to pick a cpu generic playbook has saved the game for me but I shouldn't have to do that to get the cpu to call a realistic game instead of 80% runs on 1st and 2nd down.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/585647-madden-nfl-13-title-update-3-available-now-post-your-impressions-360-ps3-44.html#post2044364303

Rudy
10-28-2012, 07:27 AM
One annoying thing that has also been neglected in Madden 13 is the LE sack glitch. Defensive left ends get in on the QB much easier than the RE. This has been something that has been in EA football for awhile now. It was in NCAA largely because the QB always drifted right on pressure right into the LE. But in Madden 13 the LE just beats the RT much easier. Jarred Odrick has more than double the sacks of Cam Wake (like 14 vs 5 or 6) and he's a terrible pass rusher at LE. He's really a DT that should be inside permanently but he's good against the run.

Just lost in the playoffs. Anxious to see how the offseason works.

Rudy
10-28-2012, 11:12 AM
FREE AGENCY

I like the way free agency was handled. Not quite enough young players escape a team's grasp although teams tend to have more salary cap room in early years due to no salary cap penalties being installed with the first roster. Before you get to free agency you can negotiate with your own players before they get there. There is also a franchise tag price listed for each player and you can use it to keep one player you want. If you cut off negotiations during the year or low balled a player so they cut off negotiations with you, you will NOT be able to sign him before they hit free agency. I like this - burn a bridge and the phone calls are over.

Free agency is much improved this year imo. The e-bay bidding system of last year was crazy. You could always win a bid if you wanted to but it was so frenetic that you couldn't even see who was available until they were gone a lot of the times. I didn't like it. This year free agency takes place over a few weeks. There is no time limit. You sort by position or overall and can make bids on each player available. It tells you how many bids are on that player and you can see which teams you are fighting over that player with. The player has an interest meter in your team. Sometimes a player will sign right away, others will take awhile. I got most of the players I wanted but man the prices get can get high. I ended up signing Eben Britton at LG (82 overall) at $5 million a year. That was about $2 million a year more than he was originally asking for. I also signed an OLB DeAndre Levy for about $5 million a year. He was squeezing me and I stopped increasing my offer but still got him. I wonder if I got suckered. Overall this area felt fun.

THE DRAFT

Scouting
Before I talk about the draft I need to talk about the scouting points. There are nowhere near enough points given the lack of info you have on the players. All you get is height and weight and projected draft position of the player. In real life you get 40 times at the combine, 225 bench press etc, college stats but none of that is available here. You really feel like you are flying in the dark in the draft. I guess that’s what they want.

You get enough points during the year that you can scout 1 position really well. You can probably get the overall generic rating of 10-15 players (that costs 2000 points which is a week’s worth) but gives you no other attributes. Want speed? For a WR that’s 500 points to get a generic grade. In the end I had the WR position scouted pretty well and a few TEs and LBs but that’s it. Turns out I didn’t scout WR good enough. I had a low draft pick so I didn’t scout the #7 overall projected guy. Whoops – I’ll get into that later. Overall you will be able to scout one position well or two half decent but not much more. It’s flying in the dark other than that.

Some of the draft stories you hear during the season do affect the draft. Tyler Swoosh, a SS out of Alabama, was a late round pick/undrafted kid at the beginning of the year. An injury put him in the starting lineup and I scouted him a little as a late pick. By the draft he was a projected 1st rounder and went in the Top 5 I believe. I have to think the guys featured in those stories are probably good picks. Not sure though.

The Draft
Despite not having enough points I did enjoy the draft. You can advance by one pick, advance to your next pick, or advance by round. I liked seeing the picks show up on the scrolling board and the tweets that accompany them. Skip Bayless would rip into some bad picks, you would get tweets about guys falling and being good pickups and cpu teams would trade up and down to get the guys they like.

I had scouted WRs pretty good and I liked one first rounder, a second rounder and mid third rounder (out of Michigan). They had B overall grades. A couple second rounders had C grades and I was steering away from them. But this #7 overall projected WR was sliding in the draft. I didn’t scout him other than his speed (94) – I didn’t have an overall generic grade. The Steelers rebuked my attempt to move up for him but at #17 I got the Falcons to give me the pick for the #27 and a high 3rd rounder. I took the kid but at the end of the draft he was only rated a 71 overall. I was disappointed.

I had two late second rounders (they must have patched in the 2nd round pick for Vernon Davis to the Colts along with my own). When it came time to pick at the bottom of round two, the two WRs I had liked (with grades in round 2 and 3) were there but there were also some other interesting players. You have the option to trade down and I looked at the offers. I had a bunch of teams offering 2014 first round picks so I took the Vikings offer for my late second rounder. They took the one FS I was eyeing and then soon after, before my next pick in the second round, the second round WR was taken. I didn’t really want to take (or think I needed another WR) after getting the guy in the first round so I passed on the 3rd round WR (from Michigan) and he went 2nd overall in the third round. After the draft I checked on both of those WRs I had scouted well and they were rated 80 and 78 overall! I was pissed after seeing that and me moving up for Mr. 71 in the middle of the first! The rest of my draft was best player available and I thought I had a nice RB at the end of round three but the bum is a 60 overall. Oh well. I will learn to trust my overall scouting more next time and push for them instead of guys I don’t know. I didn’t want to reach on those two kids but in the end I would have been better off.

Overall the offseason was fun but I think EA needs to give us a little more info on each college prospect so we’re not so in the dark on guys we have no info on (which is the vast majority of players).

Rudy
11-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm such an idiot. I didn't realize I could bank my scouting points (it's pretty obvious you need to if you want to unlock true overall ratings which cost 10,000 points) and I've wasted too much early this season. I will spend 2000 points on the overall grade and then save the other 1000 for next week. I don't mind scouting specific traits for players - I want good speed at WR and TE as an example. But it's far more beneficial to scout generic grades for players based on my first year.

I still think when I buy the DOUBLE scouting points package that I should get DOUBLE the points, not 1.5X lol. I think by the end of year two most coaches should have enough XP to have unlocked the extra scouting XP and quite a few important XP boosts for positions like QB and RB. Just wish I didn't have to waste time on the extremely tedious practice scenarios to bank it up. I usually choose the 1000 point easy scenario of holding a 16 point lead. I did blow it once because the cpu seems to be on All-Madden level in practice for some reason. I struggle against those generics.

jaymo76
11-10-2012, 12:00 PM
So Rudy, I haven't been here in a while so if you have already answered, my apologies. But, with all of the changes with the patches how do you rank this game now? Will you keep it up until Madden 14? Are you enjoying yourself?

Rudy
11-10-2012, 02:01 PM
I am enjoying the game. The playbook switch for the cpu to get them to call a more realistic game is a huge fix for me and a true game saver. I still think it's ridiculous that EA hasn't fixed this issue (and that it even existed in the first place). Late game AI for the cpu is still really bad as they will call running plays when they need to throw a TD. That sucks and terrible that EA hasn't fixed it given that this was also an issue brought up by the Game Changers (rgiles said this on OS) before release at one of their sessions. In fact, rgiles is fairly disgusted with some of the issues and won't even do the playbook switch out of spite lol.

Other negative things that could have been easily fixed or should be fixed - the FG kicking for the user is still automatic since the r-stick does nothing to the accuracy. Not having separate cpu vs. human sliders is just stupid. The pass reaction slider remains useless so you can't finetune coverage with any slider really. The LE sack glitch isn't good either. Your LE gets sacks WAY too easy compared to the RE.

On the positive side I feel the Infinity Engine is really good right now. It's the best it have ever been after the patch. Other than that I'm not even sure what other areas the patch actually fixed with regards to gameplay. The gameplay overall is pretty good for me. My running and passing games are fun and pretty realistic. I can get the cpu running game pretty good as well although the cpu passing game still struggles. Right now I am playing good games although I'm winning too much on All-Pro. The games are often competitive but the fact I never miss any FGs and late game cpu AI being terrible really allows me to win games more than I should. The other thing is the lousy play of the cpu QB. Once in awhile they play a good game but far more often than not they play below standards. I really wish there was a cpu QB awareness slider to make them smarter. I really wish Madden had a pass coverage slider that worked so I could loosen up my coverage for them. But it is what it is.

At this point I enjoy it but much like all football games this gen it is a flawed product that won't be able to hold my interest past the football season. I'll probably stop playing at Christmas and switch to basketball, eventually Tomb Raider/Last of Us and then baseball before next summer. I'm in my second year with the Dolphins and I really do want to go through at least one more offseason as I have two first rounders in the next draft.

jaymo76
11-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Good read Rudy. thanks for sharing. I haven't played in a long time but I totally loved the offseason and the draft. Hopefully for next year more scout time will be added though.

Rudy
11-10-2012, 06:32 PM
The sim stats aren't very good. The offensive stats are too high. I feel like my numbers are pretty realistic but my offense is rated dead last and my defense first. I hope EA improves the stats next year. They don't even track WR drops over the course of a season. And I'd like EVERY stat they show on offense also tracked for my defense - how many sacks I give up and get, how many drops my WRs have along with the cpu, 3rd down conversions on both offense and defense. There definitely should be more team stats in the game.

Rudy
11-10-2012, 07:01 PM
Madden 13 will be $25 along with many other games at Walmart on Black Friday.

http://cdn.niketalk.com/b/b0/b06bbe9a_Capture.PNG

ram29jackson
11-15-2012, 12:04 AM
Madden 13 will be $25 along with many other games at Walmart on Black Friday.

http://cdn.niketalk.com/b/b0/b06bbe9a_Capture.PNG

I shall be sleeping...or partying

ram29jackson
11-15-2012, 12:10 AM
I'm such an idiot. I didn't realize I could bank my scouting points (it's pretty obvious you need to if you want to unlock true overall ratings which cost 10,000 points) and I've wasted too much early this season. I will spend 2000 points on the overall grade and then save the other 1000 for next week. I don't mind scouting specific traits for players - I want good speed at WR and TE as an example. But it's far more beneficial to scout generic grades for players based on my first year.

I still think when I buy the DOUBLE scouting points package that I should get DOUBLE the points, not 1.5X lol. I think by the end of year two most coaches should have enough XP to have unlocked the extra scouting XP and quite a few important XP boosts for positions like QB and RB. Just wish I didn't have to waste time on the extremely tedious practice scenarios to bank it up. I usually choose the 1000 point easy scenario of holding a 16 point lead. I did blow it once because the cpu seems to be on All-Madden level in practice for some reason. I struggle against those generics.

i'm still having trouble with these menu's, where is that setting located ? i'm sure i'll find it but just in case, i'm leaving the question here

steelerfan
11-15-2012, 12:32 AM
Dearest friends,

Buy FIFA 13 for $25 on Black Friday. I PROMISE you that, if you put a little effort into learning the sport, you will NOT be disappointed. FIFA is an incredibly great franchise and it has changed my opinion of "football".

-steelerfan

Ok, back on topic now...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Rudy
11-15-2012, 05:59 AM
i'm still having trouble with these menu's, where is that setting located ? i'm sure i'll find it but just in case, i'm leaving the question here

Buying those XP packages is under "My Career". It will show you your XP and if you click on it (I think) it takes you to the upgrade packages that you can buy. Getting the double scouting points in the very important. Also make sure you pick "team builder" for your created coach because that gives you 2000 instead of 1000 points every week. I still think we need significantly more scouting points.

Rudy
11-22-2012, 06:47 AM
I've had more fun the last few games with more slider tweaks. That last patch really made All-Pro quite a bit easier. It's been hard to get the game tuned right. User pass rush really hurts the cpu passing game. I'm 11-0 right now in my 2nd year with Miami but I've had tough games the last 3 games. I was losing in the 4th quarter for my 9th and 10th wins and beat the Patriots by 8 in this last one. The Patriots had the ball 5 times in my red zone and settled for FGs 4 times. This is one of the biggest weaknesses of the cpu - their inability to convert good scoring chances into TDs.

One other note is that the pass reaction slider, which I thought was broken and useless, may in fact be reversed and actually do something. See this thread at OS and the following video which was tested about 25 times (but only shown once on the video). http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/591794-pass-reaction-sliders-reversed-video-proof.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl1grmE0W0g

jaymo76
11-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I've had more fun the last few games with more slider tweaks. That last patch really made All-Pro quite a bit easier. It's been hard to get the game tuned right. User pass rush really hurts the cpu passing game. I'm 11-0 right now in my 2nd year with Miami but I've had tough games the last 3 games. I was losing in the 4th quarter for my 9th and 10th wins and beat the Patriots by 8 in this last one. The Patriots had the ball 5 times in my red zone and settled for FGs 4 times. This is one of the biggest weaknesses of the cpu - their inability to convert good scoring chances into TDs.

One other note is that the pass reaction slider, which I thought was broken and useless, may in fact be reversed and actually do something. See this thread at OS and the following video which was tested about 25 times (but only shown once on the video). http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/591794-pass-reaction-sliders-reversed-video-proof.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl1grmE0W0g

That's bizarre. Have you been able to prove this in your own games Rudy?

Rudy
11-24-2012, 02:30 PM
I've tried this a few time sand I really don't see much difference either way - man or zone. I'm just leaving them at 50 and hope EA decides to care about sliders next year. That would require new leadership though since the current team doesn't seem to give a crap about them.

Rudy
11-25-2012, 06:45 AM
I really wish they would tune the LE/RE sack and pass rush issue. It just seems the LE is able to break free so much easier. Cam Wake is rated 10 points higher than my LE but he has 7 sacks in 15 games (not horrible but low) while my LE has 22 sacks! C'mon! Wake gets stalemated a lot by the LT which is fine but my LE just runs into the RT and breaks free a half second later. I don't even control my DL much - these sacks are almost entirely with the cpu playing as the DL.

I still wish the cpu would stack, shift, and/or slant a little more against strong side offensive formations. Just running the Power off tackle out of the I-formation can lead to a lot of longer runs with faster backs since the cpu almost always shows a balanced defensive look against an unbalanced formation. The line is more likely to shift to the weak side than the strong side. Why not move the LBs over a little? You don't have to sell out against the strong side but they certainly need to protect against it more than they do. I don't get it.

I just broke the rushing record with Lamar Miller for a game - 318 yards and all I did was run the I-formation with him. A lot of power-off tackle plays mixed with some dives and maybe one counter play. Most of the damage came on a few long runs where I just outraced the front 7 who were cheating to the weak side. The cpu is pretty strong up the middle but stupid on defending stretch plays to the strong side. This was a bit of a fluky game but still.

Rudy
11-25-2012, 06:50 AM
I may have to go to All-Madden after this year. I just dread having to re-work sliders all over again. It's a pain with this game. I'm embarrassed to say I'm 15-0 with Miami in my second year. My overall rating is only 78 (although it gives my O and D 83 and 85 ratings under scouting) but I think that is skewed because of Tannehill and my scheme or something. Almost every starter on my team is rated over 80. My OL has a 98, an 89 and three guys between 81-84. My front seven is really strong with the lowest around 82 and three over 90 although my secondary isn't so hot. Both safeties around 79 and my starting CBs around 83-85. I keep tweaking sliders but the AI is just so dumb at times. After this season I may give up on All-Pro.

I have gotten closer games lately but the sliders are very weak (run blocking and shedding) or useless (pass reaction). We really need a cpu QB awareness slider to make the cpu smarter imo. Here are my sliders on All-Pro. I just tweaked them a little more and I'm hoping this will get a little closer to what I need.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArB9QSYxv2ZGdHZCTWIzLWRidVVfQmdiNVpMTDlVS 2c#gid=1

ram29jackson
11-27-2012, 03:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAb7PBujFsg&feature=relmfu

Rudy
11-28-2012, 03:59 PM
Madden patch #4 out tomorrow. Fixes almost nothing. It does address some MUT bugs.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/592976-madden-nfl-13-title-update-4-arrives-tomorrow-details-included-mostly-mut.html

Rudy
11-28-2012, 08:10 PM
EA is adding "Draft Duels" to the game this Friday. For crying out loud, everything is done for DLC. Who cares how bad the cpu AI is late in games or their play calling in general when we should just focus squeezing every last penny out of MUT. After all, they already have my money and don't care about me anymore.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/11/28/madden-13-draft-duels.aspx

ram29jackson
11-28-2012, 08:24 PM
interesting

Rudy
11-29-2012, 04:05 AM
I would say embarrassing. Even the Madden game changers are calling out EA and trashing this patch on OS.

Rudy
12-02-2012, 04:00 AM
AJ Dembroski left EA and trashed one guy in the CCM department. I'm assuming it's Looman although he did follow up and say Josh works hard and tries (just doesn't agree with some of his stuff). Said 4 guys worked on CCM (3 competent) and had some really good stuff in there and it was undone by the one uncompetent asshole (direct quote). He just tweeted this. Said he liked a lot of guys at EA and wouldn't dish dirt but said the corporate culture is really holding back the game. The higher ups only care about metrics. He said Ian Cummings was awesome for Madden. Said gameplay will improve leaps and bounds the next few years but franchise players are screwed.

jaymo76
12-02-2012, 02:25 PM
AJ Dembroski left EA and trashed one guy in the CCM department. I'm assuming it's Looman although he did follow up and say Josh works hard and tries (just doesn't agree with some of his stuff). Said 4 guys worked on CCM (3 competent) and had some really good stuff in there and it was undone by the one uncompetent asshole (direct quote). He just tweeted this. Said he liked a lot of guys at EA and wouldn't dish dirt but said the corporate culture is really holding back the game. The higher ups only care about metrics. He said Ian Cummings was awesome for Madden. Said gameplay will improve leaps and bounds the next few years but franchise players are screwed.

That pretty much sums up how most of us felt when we heard about CCM and how limiting it is for offline franchise players. I agree that this game has huge potential but at the same time I don't know if I believe that the Tiburon team can pull it off. Madden's PS3 track record alone would seem to "prove" that point. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't think that offline gamers are a priority anymore.

ram29jackson
12-02-2012, 10:41 PM
I would say embarrassing. Even the Madden game changers are calling out EA and trashing this patch on OS.

I just ment the new MUT concept... i would hope they lower the price of 35000 tokens though. i played the free game and liked it. lower rated teams mean the cheesers have to work LOL

ram29jackson
12-02-2012, 10:46 PM

corporations worry about bottom line = nothing new there.

pretty immature with the trashing though if thats what he's doing.

Rudy
12-03-2012, 07:04 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/1446qe/i_am_ian_cummings_former_creative_director_of/
Q & A with Ian Cummings.

Q)What were your favorite and least favorite things about EA?

Which game designer do you admire the most?

A) My favorite thing about EA was the importance, size, and visibility. I loved being a part of my favorite game growing up and all of my friends being able to see and play the work I did. Along with the millions of loyal fans. Very rewarding!

My least favorite thing was also the size. Big company means lots of people that can make decisions. Like steering a big ship but 10 people all have wheels. I felt honored to be able to help shape the direction of Madden but I never really felt like I was in control. Which maybe I shouldn't be! Why should they trust a kid from Tennessee with a game that sells millions of copies?

I admire the Houser brothers at Rockstar the most. They continue to push storytelling in games and their commitment to detail in such giant worlds is so inspiring to me.

Q) How much impact did John Madden have as a consultant? How different was the development of NCAA Football? Can you address the common criticism that it is just a 'roster update'? I know it is not but I want to know your perspective, thanks.

A)

1) John Madden actually made a substantial impact with the game. Now obviously he lived in California and we made the game in Florida but we had consistent conference calls with him sharing the progress of the game and he'd give us details all the way down to nuts and bolts of blocking all the way up to recommendations on how to handle injuries.

2) NCAA and Madden share a gameplay team that handles basically "snap to whistle", while making animations and gameplay tuning separate for both games. I worked on that team for a few years and it was, um, fun? Challenging as well. The rest of the game (modes and stuff) are really developed quite separately by 2 separate teams. Lots of shared tech but the content and feature sets are determined by their respective teams...which is how you want it to go I think.

3) For the "roster update" I mean realistically you can't address that. Haters gonna hate. Call of Duty is just a "Story Update" and a "Multiplayer Update", but it is what it is.

Q) I was a huge fan of Madden during the last generation of consoles (I had 2003-2009). Even though I have the new consoles (360 and PS3), I just can't get into the new-gen Madden. Without getting heavy into the details, the overall quality of the gameplay just feels like its never gotten to par with the older generation (granted, I've only recently tried the downloadable demos). Have you received any feedback from fans like me, and if so, how did you (and your team) feel about it?

A) Your feedback was shared with many people surely...and sports games in general have failed to capture the mass numbers that they had back in the "glory days" of PS2 and Xbox.

I think the biggest change (in the detail of it) was the shift from all players having to be controlled by animation and achieve much higher realism, whereas before you would be ok if a players legs and feet slipped and slided around...nowadays they have to move and plant realistically, which tends to make the game feel a little more sluggish if not tuned properly.

Q) What's you're very least favorite game ever?

A) Ha, well I think we've all played a bunch of terrible games. Madden NFL 06 for X360 may be my least favorite just because it was such a hellacious project to work on and it was such a disappointment to what everyone expected it to be.

Q) What do you think of the new Connected Careers mode in Madden 13? Would you have done anything different if you were still involved with it?

A) I think they did a great job with it...I love the depth and the Twitter feed and I also love that they built it in such a way that they could update it post launch with new functionality quickly and easily (i.e. fantasy draft).

Hard to say if I would have done anything differently...I tended to 100% trust Josh Looman with all the career modes and he's the one that ran it so aside from little things here and there maybe I would have suggested I still would have let him roll with it.

jaymo76
12-03-2012, 02:45 PM
The sad thing is that I really like Ian. He seems like a genuine type of guy. I thought Madden 12 though bland was on the right path. Also I got the feeling that Ian was a big believer in offline franchise. With Looman that doesn't seem to be the case.

Rudy
12-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Online franchises will have a server side fix for the salary cap bug tomorrow. No word on offline franchise people about a patch to fix this. This should have been part of patch #4 imo.

https://twitter.com/EAMaddenNFL/status/276815814211010561