PDA

View Full Version : Any plays for shovel pass?

Unconquered
09-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Has anyone been able to find a suitable play that can act as a shovel pass?

I know it's just an animation and not an actual play, so you sort of have to create your own shovel pass play. I've tried using Shotgun Split formations and trying to shovel it to the backs, but that doesn't work so well in terms of execution or consistency ...

Does anyone have a play they use that consistently looks like a real shovel pass?

CLW
09-26-2012, 04:44 PM
LMAO I don't think I have EVER seen the animation yet.

gschwendt
09-26-2012, 04:53 PM
There's a HB Middle Screen in the Shotgun Spread formation that some people seem to like. I've tried it a few times and couldn't produce much out of it though.

psusnoop
09-26-2012, 06:10 PM
There's a HB Middle Screen in the Shotgun Spread formation that some people seem to like. I've tried it a few times and couldn't produce much out of it though.

I've ran it a few times successfully against the CPU but not so much against users.

You can also trigger it through some other plays if close enough to HB.

But as far as something that works nah nothing for you really that I've found.

Unconquered
09-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys.

I ran Shotgun Spread - HB Mid Screen a few times with little/no success ... I'll have to keep digging.

baseballplyrmvp
09-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Thanks guys.

I ran Shotgun Spread - HB Mid Screen a few times with little/no success ... I'll have to keep digging.this is probably one of those plays that will work for far greater success against a human than the cpu. you'll be much more able to catch a human player in the wrong playcall vs this play, than the cpu.

gigemaggs99
09-27-2012, 09:09 AM
I've been able to trigger the animation from any quick pass to the HB, it seems to trigger the animation when the HB is still behind the QB almost as if it were an option play. Once the HB get even or in front of the QB the QB will then throw the pass over-hand.

xMrHitStickx904
09-28-2012, 06:46 PM
It's all about how you try to trigger the animation. I can shovel pass out of one of my favorite plays - Pistol Full House : Double Screen.
You have the option to throw the screen underneath to the reciever, or hit the HB out of the backfield for the other screen.
When I throw it to the RB, instead of just pressing his designated icon, I pass lead at an South East cardinal direction, that always triggers an shovel pass animation for myself.