PDA

View Full Version : Heisman vs. All American

Rudy
07-16-2010, 05:14 PM
I typically play on All American and don't play on Heisman although I have a couple times in the past (with slider tweaks in my favour) to fix things I couldn't fix on AA. For example, in NCAA 09 the cpu QBs were dumb as dirt and threw too many picks. Going to Heisman fixed that but you faced more robo QB.

Who here has played a few games on both levels? I'd like to hear fundamental differences between the two levels. I know it will be harder but are there things you really like/hate on AA or Heisman? On Heisman, is the cpu smarter or are they just amped up? One of the reasons I want to keep my eye on Heisman is that some people are finding that the cpu offense just isn't good enough on AA. I'll keep tweaking and I don't think it's that bad but I'll make the jump to Heisman IF some of you guys can make a good argument.

mundo
07-17-2010, 10:28 AM
I am actually surprised no one has responded to this but I am glad you posted it because I have the same question.

I will quasi answer your post with my own reasons on why I am strongly considering Heisman: I cannot get the CPU controlled teams challenging enough on AA using sliders. I have basically maxed out the adjustment for the run game and have not been able to make it competitive. However, I am going to try some more games to see if I can get there as I am not sure how heisman is going to play.

UGA14
07-17-2010, 10:45 AM
I've found Heisman to provide a better game. For me anyways, AA is just too easy. The computer was awful in the few games on AA I played, unable to run no-huddle properly, running the same runs for loss of yards and never changing, and barely completing passes.

On Heisman it's at least more challenging, sometimes down-right impossible to stop the pass, but I've yet to lose, so I'm not sure.

AustinWolv
07-17-2010, 11:55 AM
Posted here (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?538-Share-Your-Impressions-of-NCAA-Football-11&p=12868&viewfull=1#post12868).

On Heisman it's at least more challenging, sometimes down-right impossible to stop the pass, but I've yet to lose, so I'm not sure.
My latest slider adjustments last night might have toned that down some, except when they get you in a bad defense and go no-huddle on you. Best to adjust out to a conservative call to try for an incompletion or even call timeout if they get major personnel mismatches on you. Otherwise, they are money.
Anyway, I need to play a couple better teams with them before saying I like them, but early result was very nice and more in line with how the CPU pass coverage plays.

souljahbill
07-17-2010, 04:32 PM
You guys are too awesome for my blood. I just moved up to AA from Varsity. :D No way I'm going up again. AA is hard enough.

BPHusker
07-17-2010, 06:03 PM
I've found Heisman to provide a better game. For me anyways, AA is just too easy. The computer was awful in the few games on AA I played, unable to run no-huddle properly, running the same runs for loss of yards and never changing, and barely completing passes.

Oh wow, I am usually an AA player, but DAMN, I am getting trashed on offense and defense on 11. I can't stop ANYBODY using SN's 3.1 rosters from OS... I lost to freaking IDAHO as Nebraska... yes.. Idaho! I think I will need to get rid of my 5+ year habit of how I play defense.

irishfbfan1
07-17-2010, 06:20 PM
Oh wow, I am usually an AA player, but DAMN, I am getting trashed on offense and defense on 11. I can't stop ANYBODY using SN's 3.1 rosters from OS... I lost to freaking IDAHO as Nebraska... yes.. Idaho! I think I will need to get rid of my 5+ year habit of how I play defense.

lol, don't feel bad I was trying out sliders as well, wanted to play with a team so that I can find out if my sliders we ok, played with USC vs UTAH ST, Utah st had me down 14-0 lmao! CPU kicking my ass

Rudy
07-17-2010, 07:14 PM
I may play one game on Heisman just to see how it is. I used to have conversion rules to go from AA to Heisman for NCAA 09. Of course those sliders didn't work well but these ones don't seem so strong either. I may try it out and see how it works.

Rudy
07-17-2010, 07:55 PM
The one issue I've always had with Heisman is that bad cpu players, particularly QBs, usually don't play like bad players. Some of the boosts they give to certain positions on that level just don't feel right.

mundo
07-17-2010, 09:32 PM
The one issue I've always had with Heisman is that bad cpu players, particularly QBs, usually don't play like bad players. Some of the boosts they give to certain positions on that level just don't feel right.

I completely agree and have had frustrations with this in the past.