PDA

View Full Version : Gameplay Sliders

Oneback
09-16-2012, 08:30 AM
While we're waiting to finish out the week lets talk about the sliders and give me your thoughts on your games this week.

gschwendt
09-16-2012, 08:50 AM
I had a much better time running the ball, though it was against TTU so not sure which gets more credit, sliders or opponent. Either way though, certainly seems a good step forward.

I don't remember any unreasonable broken tackles but can't say definitively.

ryby6969
09-16-2012, 09:24 AM
I had a user game, so it is hard to say either way. I do know my guys did tackle better in the game, but not sure if it was because of the sliders or just because of a user game.

gschwendt
09-18-2012, 09:32 AM
Take this for whatever it's worth... Toussaint's long went from 13 to 17 after playing Oklahoma :coffee:

I think CPU run defense might still be a little high... I cannot for the life of me break a long run particularly up the middle because every time I get to the second level both safeties are crashing in on me. That said, I think it's at a good level that I can live with. I know we don't want to make it easy and obviously we don't want to be breaking long runs all the time.

razorback44
09-18-2012, 04:12 PM
I thought running was much easier this game.

Did you change anything in the passing game? Passing seemed much easier to me this game. Could have just been South Carolina's play calling style because they played a zone pretty much all game with no blitz. It was pretty easy to pick apart because I had all day to throw but still it almost seemed too easy at times. My passing stats were absurd but I also hit two 80 yard passes right down the middle of the field both against a Cover 2 zone that they kept calling. That inflated the yards a bunch but I was still 22-25 between my starter and backup.

texacotea
09-19-2012, 06:02 AM
with Razor on the passing game, I was 28-31 for 500+ last night and started the game 15-15

Escobar
09-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I still think either CPU run defense needs to drop, or HUM run blocking needs to be upped. On all plays, not just running plays the blocker seems to just run at someone but doesn't block them. The defender just runs by untouched. That's what's causing the issues in the run game and special teams.

ryby6969
09-21-2012, 06:20 PM
I think a good bit of the issues right now is Heisman. It just seems players are playing WAY above their rating way more since the patches.

JeffHCross
09-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Someone, can't remember if it was on here or elsewhere, pointed out that one of the distinguishing factors of the difficulty levels is that blocks are held longer/shorter. That answered a ton of questions when that was pointed out to me.

ryby6969
09-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Someone, can't remember if it was on here or elsewhere, pointed out that one of the distinguishing factors of the difficulty levels is that blocks are held longer/shorter. That answered a ton of questions when that was pointed out to me.

Yeah, because in the game vs Auburn the only way I could stop their HB before he got 5+ yards was to shoot a gap. If not, they would destroy me and get 10+ yards almost every time. My front 7 was getting pushed back all game, including passing where they QB would have 5+ seconds to throw the ball unless I sent 6+ guys. The QB would have time if I was in man to have the WR's run all the way down the field and turn and run back at the QB for a Wide open completion.

At first, my guys were tackling better but as the game wore on they started to miss multiple tackles on everyplay, no matter who was trying to make the tackle.

Escobar
09-23-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm not too sure it's because of Heisman. I'm in 3 other dynasties, all on Heisman, and they don't have the blockers running by defenders in the wide open field problem. I notice it on all kinds of plays not just running plays.

ryby6969
09-23-2012, 04:23 PM
I am talking about the problems with stopping the CPU run and just blocking in general. The CPU can hold blocks as long as they want, regardless of ratings while the human blockers play like my UAB team.

Escobar
09-23-2012, 07:19 PM
I agree with you that the human blockers in this OD behave very poorly.

Oneback
09-24-2012, 06:39 AM
I'm open to suggestions...