PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty setting question?

Joker1170
09-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Wondering if I could get input on Difficulty Setting. I have been watching VERSUZ videos lately on YOU TUBE explaining his opinion this subject and he says after his testing and experience that the Difficulty setting only controls the reaction time between the players and has nothing to do with difficulty of game. And it is his thought that Varsity setting gives the best and realist reaction time and that AA and Heisman make the CPU jump routes and pre read plays just to make the game seem harder but it actually is just cheating. I would like The Gaming Tailgate community's input, thanks.

WolverineJay
09-14-2012, 02:25 AM
Wondering if I could get input on Difficulty Setting. I have been watching VERSUZ videos lately on YOU TUBE explaining his opinion this subject and he says after his testing and experience that the Difficulty setting only controls the reaction time between the players and has nothing to do with difficulty of game. And it is his thought that Varsity setting gives the best and realist reaction time and that AA and Heisman make the CPU jump routes and pre read plays just to make the game seem harder but it actually is just cheating. I would like The Gaming Tailgate community's input, thanks.

Varsity is way way too easy even with maxed out sliders for the CPU. The CPU AI just plays poor, especially in the red zone and the human team is rarely punished for mistakes unlike the higher difficulty levels.

All-American difficulty is slightly less forgiving than Varsity meaning you can get away with some sloppy play but not too much. I will say one can get a decent game from the CPU with the right sliders that generally favor the CPU, but after a few games a good user can start dominating against CPU teams even with heavily favored CPU sliders.

Heisman difficulty is less forgiving than All-American meaning you pretty much need to bring your best or you risk losing(sometimes big). I think the AI for the CPU teams is much better, minus the stupid long FG programmed logic(CPU teams will try long 50 yd + FG's with every single team even those with low kick power kickers). If you can overlook that annoying flaw with Special Teams then Heisman gives you the greatest challenge from the CPU and is the most rewarding to go undefeated for a team.

I play Heisman difficulty with most user skills around 35-50 except QB THA which is 5 because that is where it seems to actually have an in game impact. I have the CPU at 50 for everything except Running Back Ability and Run Blocking they are both at 65 to help the CPU running game. Edit*- The defensive assist button X on PS3 doesn't work on Heisman probably because EA Tiburon believes it is suppose to be all about USER skill and not about using the CPU to help you play the game on the highest difficulty level.

If I was you I would play default slider games with the same even teams on each difficulty to see for yourself how the CPU plays differently at each of these difficulty levels then decide which feels right to you. After all it is your game and you know what feels most realistic to you.