PDA

View Full Version : Freezing Issues in NCAA 13

Smooth84
08-31-2012, 03:10 PM
Ncaa 13 just froze twice in two games......really!

Smooth84
08-31-2012, 03:20 PM
In addition, the lineman and fullbacks are about the dumbest players on the field......they run rt past defenders. It's unreal, I can't even stand it. Running backs hardly break tackles, just a joke of a game, the only cool feature is the total control passing, in my opinion it's pretty legit.

GatorBait06NC
09-01-2012, 09:11 PM
I made a similar post. This game freezes WAAAAAY TOO much. Its disturbing. Borderline I should get a full refund.

baseballplyrmvp
09-01-2012, 09:27 PM
I made a similar post. This game freezes WAAAAAY TOO much. Its disturbing. Borderline I should get a full refund.:smh: live with the decisions you make. you had a perfect opportunity to rent the game first before buying it.

gigemaggs99
09-02-2012, 12:49 PM
yikes! this is a first for me, I was on the practice field today, trying out the Penn St PB. The game just seemed to stick, I couldn't do anything, couldn't access the PS3 menu or turn off my controller or anything. I was able to eject the disk from the PS3 and then restart the PS3 via buttons on the front of the machine...

I guess this is a freezing issue...first for me. :confused:

SCClassof93
09-02-2012, 04:30 PM
Crashed twice on me today just trying to get into a dynasty :dunno: Try again tomorrow.

cdj
09-03-2012, 07:28 AM
Smooth84 - are you on PS3? It looks like the rest of the guys are, but it's weird a rash of freezes would increase/appear only on one system when there's been no (very) recent patch or tuning set.

SCClassof93
09-04-2012, 05:32 PM
Smooth84 - are you on PS3? It looks like the rest of the guys are, but it's weird a rash of freezes would increase/appear only on one system when there's been no (very) recent patch or tuning set.

That is what G and I were chatting about. Game played great until I tried to play some this week.

gigemaggs99
09-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Maybe they (EA) are doing something in the background. My slow loading times and freeze issue seems to have started last week. Today I was playing, finished a game and the game went back out to the main menu, the autosave icon came on and it stayed there for a good 5 mins. I didn't touch anything, just laid my controller down and came back about 6-7 mins later, it was still showing the autosave icon, then finally it went back to normal. This was a first for me, for it to take this long.

Lohusker
09-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Since the day I've gotten it mine has freezed just getting into the game (when you hit the start button) almost every 3rd or 4th time. Assuming it is the disc or more likely my PS3. I tried rebuilding my library but didn't resolve it. If I'm side tracked and let the opening montage play and don't X thru it, it is almost a given it freezes. Any suggestions?

psusnoop
09-12-2012, 06:20 AM
I too had a hard freeze last night during my SBCOL game. The game just ended and it was getting ready to go though the highlights and pics and it just froze on a pic of the endzone. I got smashed by the CPU 66-28 too :fp: Hopefully once it's simmed the results is still an "L" for me.

cdj
09-13-2012, 10:22 AM
I too had a hard freeze last night during my SBCOL game. The game just ended and it was getting ready to go though the highlights and pics and it just froze on a pic of the endzone. I got smashed by the CPU 66-28 too :fp: Hopefully once it's simmed the results is still an "L" for me.

In the corner of the endzone, facing the pressbox/wide side of stadium? Game has completed, but just before the post-game highlights/montage?

I've had that same hard freeze two or three times this year. I wonder if it is somewhat tied to that camera angle in post-game? It's weird that it happens in the same spot, so there may be something there.

psusnoop
09-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Exactly that spot Chris.

Maybe it is tied to that camera angle or cut scene.

ryby6969
09-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Exactly that spot Chris.

Maybe it is tied to that camera angle or cut scene.

I had it happen to me in Powerhouse earlier this season. I sent OB a picture and would post it here, but my phone is completely dead.

psusnoop
09-13-2012, 04:34 PM
I had it happen to me in Powerhouse earlier this season. I sent OB a picture and would post it here, but my phone is completely dead.

Time to drop some cash on a new one :up:

ryby6969
09-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Yeah, have to get the cash first! :D

Lohusker
09-19-2012, 11:44 PM
Since the day I've gotten it mine has freezed just getting into the game (when you hit the start button) almost every 3rd or 4th time. Assuming it is the disc or more likely my PS3. I tried rebuilding my library but didn't resolve it. If I'm side tracked and let the opening montage play and don't X thru it, it is almost a given it freezes. Any suggestions?

It was my PS3, it died yesterday :fp: While I'm glad my dynasty is on-line, forgot about my own roster edits I made to Nebraska, custom sounds I have to load again, etc. :bang:

steelerfan
09-20-2012, 12:03 AM
It was my PS3, it died yesterday :fp: While I'm glad my dynasty is on-line, forgot about my own roster edits I made to Nebraska, custom sounds I have to load again, etc. :bang:

Did it YLOD?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Lohusker
09-20-2012, 09:11 AM
That is what I thought it was, as it would try to start then stop, beep a few times and flash a yellow light briefly, then the red light would just keep flashing. Thankfully GameStop said it wasn't YLOD (they said the yellow light would have stayed on), so I got $80 for it when expecting to get nothing! It was an old 40GB model so was ready for an upgrade anyway. I just wish I knew to wait another week, new 250GB model coming out, only would have cost me $10 more than the 160GB I got. Oh well...

gschwendt
09-20-2012, 09:19 AM
You don't want the new Super Slims... they're top-loading which is just asking for something, somewhere to break.