PDA

View Full Version : Done with EA Sports games. My Madden 13 and NCAA 13 are for sale. Good deal.

GatorBait06NC
08-31-2012, 12:12 AM
So I am forcing myself to try to play RTG. I'm constantly sickened at how conveniently my defense sucks. I'm in game 2 as a QB @ Florida. Playing at Texas A&M, I am up 31-23. They get the ball next go down and score and get the 2 pt conversion to tie the game. Game tied at 31, I lead a drive down to the A&M 20 yd line. My coach calls timeout with 5 seconds left to kick a field. I sim the play and my team runs the ball instead of kicking a game winning FG. So by now Im fed up. I end up winning in double OT. Post game while saving my highlights and photos, my game FREEZES!

I'm so sick and f'n tired of EA and their constant broken games. NCAA 13 freezes constantly in every single mode making the game impossible to enjoy. No matter what, the game will freeze on you and make you less interested. And NO, I'm not going to get on here or OS and post when and where the game froze. I"M NOT A GAME TESTER FOR EA AND I DON'T GET PAID TO BE ONE. I pay $65 for a game and I assume that all modes work.

I'm just tired of it, I give up. EA is not capable of making a game that isn't full of bugs, glitches, broken features, and freezing issues. Common sense thing would be to build on last years model and eliminate all of the issues. Instead they choose to focus on which new cheesy, gimmicky feature they can add for next year.

EA has killed sports gaming for me. I have not enjoyed one single EA sports title on next gen. I have a feeling that the cancer that is "Connected Careers" in Madden will soon spread to the NCAA series and kill it for me then anyway.

I'm just fed up and I cannot take it anymore. Yeah I know the 2k college football games sucked, but at this point Id rather play Super Tecmo Bowl for my NES. Atleast I know I will make it through one season without the game freezing like a piece of crap.

The NCAA series is more worried about adding all the new uniforms rather than fixing the same bugs that appear the game year after year. Things like broken scheduling for example, or bad poll logic.

Every single time I talk myself into starting up a RTG or Dynasty, the game always freezes on me and makes me want to quit.

If EA tested their product for just one day, they would catch most of the issues. Instead they just release it half ass and make us wait a few months and several patches later to fix the broken crap they released.

So if anyone is interested in buying my Madden 13(which is completely horrible due to CC mode) and my NCAA 13, let me know. $60 for both, I know Im ripping someone off as both games together are worth about $4 combined just because they are burned on blu ray disks.

Whatever we ask for at community days, they ignore and introduce some new stupid idea that they think is cool. I begged for them to fix Florida's accessory color and they just ignored me.

And when I say "cheesy gimmicks" just look at connected Careers in Madden 13. The guys at EA actually think its cool to have fake rookies and fake draft classes, and fake tweets from skip bayless about the fake rookies pursuing acting careers. They think this stuff is cool. ITS NOT. Its not cool to have 3 #85 players on my team and I cant fix it because Im not allowed to edit one single thing about a roster.

GatorBait06NC
08-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Their refusal to perfect the modes and features already in the game is what did me in. Connected Careers has potential, but how many years will it take them to make it realistic and worth playing?

And back to NCAA, I think RTG games are predetermined. Because if you are playing offense, your defense will let the computer score whenever its convenient. I've really notcied that.

jaymo76
08-31-2012, 12:21 AM
EA has killed sports gaming for me. I have not enjoyed one single EA sports title on next gen. I have a feeling that the cancer that is "Connected Careers" in Madden will soon spread to the NCAA series and kill it for me then anyway.

The NCAA series is more worried about adding all the new uniforms rather than fixing the same bugs that appear the game year after year. Things like broken scheduling for example, or bad poll logic.

And when I say "cheesy gimmicks" just look at connected Careers in Madden 13. The guys at EA actually think its cool to have fake rookies and fake draft classes, and fake tweets from skip bayless about the fake rookies pursuing acting careers. They think this stuff is cool. ITS NOT. Its not cool to have 3 #85 players on my team and I cant fix it because Im not allowed to edit one single thing about a roster.

Not that I have any information but I suspect it's a 100% guarantee of connected careers in NCAA 14. All EA sports titles are adopting this type of mode so I don't think NCAA will be any different.

GatorBait06NC
08-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Not that I have any information but I suspect it's a 100% guarantee of connected careers in NCAA 14. All EA sports titles are adopting this type of mode so I don't think NCAA will be any different.

Connected Careers is horrible. It's a mode catered to online gaming. Not everyone plays online. I was disgusted to find out that I could no longer create myself in franchise mode and control my team in franchise mode. Something I've done for 10 years or more. I just HATE EA with a passion. I hate to wish bad things on companies, but I really wish they would go out of business. I wish that 2k or Sony would bury them. Then they might realize just how I've felt all these years playing their broken products that they keep on releasing. And it's not just frozen on me once. This game has frozen on me over 10 times. It's just sickening. Their response are slow and very insulting. Most of the time they will not even acknowledge that they are wrong. I just have a strong dislike for the company and the personalities that work there. They don't value the consumers input at all. No one asked for Connected Careers. We dont want to be force fed some stupid game mode that was guaranteed to be full of bugs from the start.

As popular as football is in this country, I see no reason why Sony, 2K or some other company would jump at the chance to make an NFL or NCAA Football game. At least maybe it would make the guys at EA release a more polished product since they would have competition in the market place.

EA cheats us, they get away with whatever they want and have now for years. They talk down to people who tweet them and message them. They have had a monopoly on football gaming. I'm glad those days are coming to an end. EA doesn't deserve to have an exclusive license with the NFL or anyone really. Their reputation for making sports games isn't good at all.

This online gaming generation is just killing gaming. It would be really bad if EA input Connected Careers into the NCAA series. At least wait until they get it perfected in Madden. Madden has better graphics, physics, and player models than NCAA. Thats it. NCAA would be a great game if the poll logic worked and if the game didnt freeze every 30 minutes. It would be a lot better if the game had Maddens player models and graphics.

GatorBait06NC
08-31-2012, 12:42 AM

I dont think that all sports games are inputting this type of mode either. Name one besides Madden?

jaymo76
08-31-2012, 01:01 AM
i dont think that all sports games are inputting this type of mode either. Name one besides madden?

nhl 13
fifa 13

Trust me, I'm not advocating for it but I think the writing is on the wall.

GatorBait06NC
08-31-2012, 02:18 AM
nhl 13
fifa 13

Trust me, I'm not advocating for it but I think the writing is on the wall.

I've never played those, they are both EA titles right? They are pro titles though. I think it would be harder to input CC with the amount of teams and players that are in the game. Plus the fact that they cant use real names.

Please leave us NCAA. I actually liked this year's game, until it started freezing non stop.

Kingpin32
08-31-2012, 03:07 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I never had my game freeze on me. *knock on wood*. Sucks that it continues to happen to you though.

Rudy
08-31-2012, 05:00 AM
I'm getting very annoyed with the issues with Madden 13. I may be joining you in ditching it. Will be renting M12 today and if I can go back (not sure, I really like the new passing engine) I will unless I read EA is going to patch some things quickly.

thirtydaZe
08-31-2012, 09:00 AM
what's your issue with CCM (besides just not being able to create yourself)? I have merely bought madden, and played about 1 5min quarter. I started a CC as a coach so I could check it out online today, and it seemed like it was a pretty slick deal.

granted i know nothing about it, but i was kind of hoping it made it to ncaa.

I OU a Beatn
08-31-2012, 09:26 AM
I begged for them to fix Florida's accessory color and they just ignored me.

Preach on, brother. That's exactly why I got rid of my copy of NCAA '13. I can't believe after all the bitching I did about Florida's accessory colors they chose to ignore me and fix some of the actual issues with the game instead of fixing the colors. Mark my words, I'll never buy NCAA again.

souljahbill
08-31-2012, 09:28 AM
:popcorn:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gigemaggs99
08-31-2012, 10:52 AM
TO Gaitor, it sucks to hear you are having such a bad time with it. I know how it's not fun to waste your time, I did it A LOT with last year's NCAA 12 and the OD transfer failed issue.

In the end I enjoy offline play b/c it doesn't require a connection like Madden 13's online CCM...this is why I'm gun-shy about EA going all Online.

I will say I went out and bought NCAA 09 for PS3 for $1.99 and it's REALLY GOOD. It doesn't have a lot of these silly issues, plus the EA servers don't support it anymore so the "headache" of online issues are gone. I've been playing an offline dynasty with Stanford, I wanted to give Andrew Luck and Toby Gerhart a run for the money. So far it's really fun.

Same goes for Madden '10, I picked it up for $3.99 it too no longer works online but it works FINE offline.

I know society pushes the latest and greatest things on us, but really, football is football. NCAA 09 isn't that much different than NCAA 10,11,12,13....after you play a few years of a dynasty more than 4 you are using CPU generated players anyways, so other than a few features here or there the games are pretty much the same. You would "think" that NCAA 09 sounds OLD but when I fire it up it looks VERY VERY similar to NCAA 13 graphics wise, I enjoy all 3 commentators, and the gameplay is good.

Sure is has the silly things like 40' leaping MLBs but the game doesn't freeze up, there are no online glitches, and for $1.99 it works.

Since there isn't a suitable replacement for EAs football games I went in the opposite direction of buying NEW NEW NEW...I did pick up NCAA 13 and Madden 13, but if the future is ALL online...for me it may be the end. I enjoy the offline play just as much as the online even more when the EA servers are down or my internet is having a bad day. Offline play simply works. So If NCAA 14,15,....is going to be ONLINE only, I'll probably be just as happy with NCAA 09.

It might be worth a shot, you could trade in the '13 titles that aren't worth your time and pick up a used copy of the games that still work offline.

Just an idea, just offering a possible solution.

Good luck sir.

SCClassof93
08-31-2012, 11:52 AM
:popcorn:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://cdn.stripersonline.com/7/7d/330x182px-LL-7dc6c095_micheal-jackson-eating-popcorn-theater-gif.gif

HWill
08-31-2012, 12:53 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/t65p5g.gif

Kingpin32
08-31-2012, 02:52 PM
http://itbloodpressure.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/owens.jpg

gschwendt
08-31-2012, 03:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/7q6lw.gif

SCClassof93
08-31-2012, 09:15 PM
http://mlkshk.com/r/6J1Q

ram29jackson
08-31-2012, 09:36 PM
http://itbloodpressure.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/owens.jpg

thats too much popcorn.

its a toy made by a corporation, its not a political movement. They use the internet as a feeler for what might be a good idea to add. They dont care about individual ranting n raving. And when it looks like they do, those are in effect "form letters". Every thing will always be pumped up more than it really is worth...the controlled passing isnt all that, but at least its amusing.

they are definitely over priced for such simple tech..45 bucks would be a better cap for brand new games, not 65 freakin dollars. Buts a football GAME, pretty much plays like one and I can live with that.

now make me believe my defensive end is worth a damn LOL

GatorBait06NC
09-01-2012, 07:54 PM
A friend of mine brought over his NCAA 13. We started a dynasty at Memphis, I was controlling offense, him defense. After the 3rd game we beat MTSU. I had a great game. Game froze at the end. FROZE AGAIN.

This game simply freezes way too much to enjoy. Period. Everyone that wants to should be allowed to get a full refund on the game. It freezes constantly. I talk myself into playing it again and a few hours later, another freeze. This crap sickens me.

GatorBait06NC
09-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Preach on, brother. That's exactly why I got rid of my copy of NCAA '13. I can't believe after all the bitching I did about Florida's accessory colors they chose to ignore me and fix some of the actual issues with the game instead of fixing the colors. Mark my words, I'll never buy NCAA again.

Seeing as how they was a small part of my post, you just really sound like an asshole. What's the point of TGT and OS thread asking you to post corrections, if they arent going to change them.

And what other issues did they fix? Regardless of UFs color, I cant get through 4 games in a row without the game freezing on me. So they did a real good job fixing the other issues.

The same issues exist over and over and over year after year. Broken conference scheduling, its always broken in some way. So why havent they fixed that yet???

Im not buying another NCAA because the game freezes every 3 hours, has nothing to do with UFs colors. So go post elsewhere and waste someone elses time.

GatorBait06NC
09-01-2012, 08:02 PM
what's your issue with CCM (besides just not being able to create yourself)? I have merely bought madden, and played about 1 5min quarter. I started a CC as a coach so I could check it out online today, and it seemed like it was a pretty slick deal.

granted i know nothing about it, but i was kind of hoping it made it to ncaa.

Connected careers is just extremely cheesy. Not being able to edit rosters or create players to use in coach mode sucks. Not being allowed to edit players leads to duplicate numbered players on your team. The preseason is still monumentally broken as starters reappear late game as backups at other positions. Like your starting QB lining up at punter and punting 4 yard punts. Ive seen other issues like white players being black on the field. The sliders and settings dont seem to work when changed in CC.

CC is a good idea in general, they just need to give us full editing control again and the ability to edit draft classes and make real rookies. I created myself as a low round pick, yet I was automatically starting from day 1. Low and undrafted picks dont do that? Not most of them.

GatorBait06NC
09-01-2012, 08:07 PM
The need to come out with an in-game save feature if the game is going to freeze like this.

SCClassof93
09-02-2012, 02:24 PM
thats too much popcorn.

its a toy made by a corporation, its not a political movement. They use the internet as a feeler for what might be a good idea to add. They dont care about individual ranting n raving. And when it looks like they do, those are in effect "form letters". Every thing will always be pumped up more than it really is worth...the controlled passing isnt all that, but at least its amusing.

they are definitely over priced for such simple tech..45 bucks would be a better cap for brand new games, not 65 freakin dollars. Buts a football GAME, pretty much plays like one and I can live with that.

now make me believe my defensive end is worth a damn LOL

There is NEVER too much popcorn!!!!
https://www.noblepopcorn.com/photos/popcorn-ball-3.jpg

All joking aside, I went to play a game about an hour ago and it crashed while connecting to the dynasty server :dunno:

I OU a Beatn
09-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Im not buying another NCAA because the game freezes every 3 hours, has nothing to do with UFs colors. So go post elsewhere and waste someone elses time.

That's extremely hurtful, especially considering I was taking your side. Is it so wrong to want my guys to have the correct accessory colors so they look pretty?