Oneback
08-29-2012, 10:32 PM
=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (2-0) ===============
Last week the Longhorns were idle.
This week, the Longhorns are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) WR Zac Davis has committed to Ohio State

=============== #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (3-0) ===============
Last week, Alabama won 49-17 against Virginia Tech (1-1).
This week, the Crimson Tide travel to Fayetteville to face the #24 Arkansas Razorbacks (0-2).

=============== #4 LSU Tigers (2-0) ===============
Last week, LSU won 41-10 against TCU (1-1).
This week, the Tigers are idle.

=============== Ohio State Buckeyes (2-1) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 59-28 against Vanderbilt (1-1).
This week, the Buckeyes are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) WR Zac Davis has committed to Ohio State
- (***) ROLB Kevin Gibson has committed to Georgia Tech

=============== #23 Oklahoma State Cowboys (3-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma State won 31-29 against Arkansas (0-2).
This week, the Cowboys travel to Athens to face the #14 Georgia Bulldogs (2-0).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Corey Williamson has committed to Stanford

=============== #6 Texas A&M Aggies (2-0) ===============
Last week the Aggies were idle.
This week, the Aggies travel to Tallahassee to face the #19 Florida State Seminoles (1-2).
In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) DT John Hawkins has committed to USC

=============== #3 Oregon Ducks (2-0) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 35-14 against Nevada (1-1).
This week, the Ducks are idle.

=============== #5 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (2-1) ===============
Last week, Notre Dame won 24-17 against Michigan (1-1).
This week, the Fighting Irish will host Michigan State (1-1).

=============== #24 Arkansas Razorbacks (0-2) ===============
Last week, Arkansas lost 31-29 against Oklahoma State (3-0).
This week, the Razorbacks will host #1 Alabama (3-0).
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) SS Jeff Covington has committed to Tennessee

=============== #7 Michigan Wolverines (1-1) ===============
Last week, Michigan lost 24-17 against Notre Dame (2-1).
This week, the Wolverines will host Akron (0-1).

=============== #21 USC Trojans (3-0) ===============
Last week, USC won 38-37 against Michigan State (1-1).
This week, the Trojans are idle.
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Corey Williamson has committed to Stanford
- (****) DT John Hawkins has committed to USC
- (***) LOLB Dwayne Ray has committed to USC

Oneback
08-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Back-to-back bye weeks is killer.

JeffHCross
08-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Lost to Georgia :fp:

Escobar, before you play FSU, I'm very curious what the Depth Chart looks like for them. Really just QB and HB.

texacotea
08-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Feels good to be the only one unranked :(

psusnoop
08-30-2012, 07:53 AM
Seems I may be fighting an uphill battle with D. Bell at tackle Jeff. Interesting because that first week you must not have went to hard for him but since you retired the CPU has been balls to the wall for the guy. I upped the ante this week, I'm curious to see where it gets me.

Also ADVANCE!!!! I have a bye next week too :( so yeah OB these are brutal!!

ryby6969
08-30-2012, 08:17 AM
Razor, when is good for you?

JeffHCross
08-30-2012, 08:41 AM
He was a long-term slow play, Snoop. While he's very talented (and could replace a couple of the OL I picked up last year), I didn't have a "need" at tackle, so I didn't want to spend time on him that could have gone to legitimate needs. Not surprised the CPU turned their eyes on him though.

ryby6969
08-30-2012, 08:52 AM
The cpu cheats! :D I had a 1300 point call and a visit on the #1 CB this past week and the cpu is "tied" with me all though he is soft committed to me. BTW Snoop, stay he hell away from my ATH's! ;)

psusnoop
08-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Lol, I landed one of the ATH that I wanted. I have two more to go. I want Darnell to commit within 2-3 weeks. I like sitting at #2 with him right now.

Oh and that car he is driving around wasn't purchased by our staff :cough:

psuexv
08-30-2012, 10:14 AM
Also ADVANCE!!!! I have a bye next week too :( so yeah OB these are brutal!!

Yep. Let's go :D

psuexv
08-30-2012, 10:15 AM
The cpu cheats! :D I had a 1300 point call and a visit on the #1 CB this past week and the cpu is "tied" with me all though he is soft committed to me. BTW Snoop, stay he hell away from my ATH's! ;)

Lol, I landed one of the ATH that I wanted. I have two more to go. I want Darnell to commit within 2-3 weeks. I like sitting at #2 with him right now.

Oh and that car he is driving around wasn't purchased by our staff :cough:

I'll tell you one thing. I'm starting to dislike all of these Athletes :) Really making my life tough with trying to plan where they are going to play.

gschwendt
08-30-2012, 10:17 AM
I'll tell you one thing. I'm starting to dislike all of these Athletes :) Really making my life tough with trying to plan where they are going to play.
Agreed... nykia & I are after an ATH that has high-end speed, good throwing abilities, and excellent coverage skills for a true freshman. I don't need another QB but it'd be hard to not give him playing time there.

psuexv
08-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Agreed... nykia & I are after an ATH that has high-end speed, good throwing abilities, and excellent coverage skills for a true freshman. I don't need another QB but it'd be hard to not give him playing time there.

I know, it's like you can't let them go :)

ryby6969
08-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I signed the #1 Athlete and have good shots at 3 more and I have no clue where ANY of them might play! :D

Oneback
08-30-2012, 01:38 PM
We need to hurry up and get to week 6, I've got 14 guy coming to visit thus far.

Kingpin32
08-30-2012, 02:08 PM
I need for these guys that have me at top school to hurry up and commit.

ryby6969
08-30-2012, 02:28 PM
I was at a crossroads this season with my visits as I had a home game week 3, but not another one until week 9. Had to bring the majority of recruits in for week 3 or risk losing them before they could even visit.

psuexv
08-30-2012, 02:35 PM
I was at a crossroads this season with my visits as I had a home game week 3, but not another one until week 9. Had to bring the majority of recruits in for week 3 or risk losing them before they could even visit.

Me too. I could have brought people Week 3, Week 6(against Tommy), Week 7(against Tex) and then not again until pretty late.

ryby6969
08-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Yeah, kind of sucks you can lead on someone all year and all of a sudden because your schedule is not very good you lose them a week or two before their visit. Also, I do not think visits give you near the points boost they used to.

gschwendt
08-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Done. ADVANCE!!!!

ND vs MSU, TAMU vs FSU, & Bama vs Arkansas remain.

Michigan takes down Akron 61-7 with 9 highly sought-after recruits on-hand to watch. The Wolverines had to use this week as a recruiting week despite the inferior opponent simply because they don't have another available choice until Week 11 :glare: By then, key decisions will have been made so expect the Wolverines to have another recruiting weekend Week 11 or after.

As for the game, the Wolverines won with a mix of everything. Two passing touchdowns, 3 rushing touchdowns, one fumble returned for touchdown and one intercepted option pitch for touchdown. Safety Thomas Gordon was the player of the game recording 10 total tackles, 4 for loss, 1 sack, and 1 interception.

razorback44
08-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Razor, when is good for you?

Unfortunately I am leaving for vacation tomorrow night. I thought I would have time to play tonight but I just have to much stuff left to do to get ready. I'll put myself on auto when I get off of work. Sorry man!

ryby6969
08-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Unfortunately I am leaving for vacation tomorrow night. I thought I would have time to play tonight but I just have to much stuff left to do to get ready. I'll put myself on auto when I get off of work. Sorry man!

Damn, sucks but have fun on vacation.

gschwendt
08-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Advance!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! ! ?

Oneback
08-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Looks like we're still waiting on Escobar

texacotea
08-31-2012, 02:01 PM
Anyone heard anything from him?????? we need to move on

Oneback
08-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Yeah he's going to play after work tonight, he gets off at 5.

Oneback
08-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Escobar should be kicking off shortly.

psusnoop
08-31-2012, 09:59 PM
Not signed on yet :(