PDA

View Full Version : Big Ten Scheduling Issues

hawkeyeguy
08-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Sorry if this has been asked/covered (did a search and couldn't find it) Year #2 of my Iowa dynasty I noticed something, my team and Illinois (along with another that I can't remember right now) were only scheduled to play 11 games total. Getting into Year 3, will report if it happens again.

JeffHCross
08-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Did you change any OOC games prior to the season?

Do you have the correct # of conference games? If so, it wouldn't be a "Big Ten" issue, just a general scheduling issue.

SmoothPancakes
08-25-2012, 09:25 PM
Did you change any OOC games prior to the season?

Do you have the correct # of conference games? If so, it wouldn't be a "Big Ten" issue, just a general scheduling issue.

Well, I don't know if hawkeyeguy made any changes to teams, but I'm running into an issue right now.

If I just start a dynasty with Tulsa up without any changes made to C-USA, I have the standard 8 conference games, 4 non-conference games for C-USA. But if I make the changes to reflect the 2014 season (add FIU, Louisiana Tech, North Texas and UTSA while removing Houston, Memphis, SMU and UCF), whether I remove all the outgoing teams at once then add all the incoming teams, or add one then remove one until all changes are made, I end up with 9 conference games and 3 non-conference games.

I even tried pushing back the start of conference games. I tried week 5 to start conference play, still ended up with 9 games, conference play instead starting in week 4, with a non-con against Houston in week 11. I pushed start of conference games all the way back to week 6, which by default should automatically limit the number of conference games to 8, and it still doesn't work. I still end up with 9 conference games with conference games in week 4 and 5 and a non-con against Houston in week 11.

It's happened on multiple occasions and I don't know what to do to fix it. But it is completely ruining any attempt I was trying to make to follow the real life future schedules of Tulsa, which include 4​ non-conference games every season. :fp:

JeffHCross
08-25-2012, 09:35 PM
My guess is that your changes are causing the C-USA to deviate from it's default of a 8-game schedule with no protected rivals. It shouldn't, but that's what is probably happening. You'll either need to use Protected Rivals to get an 8-game schedule, or live with a 9-game schedule. When the schedule starts has nothing to do with how many games are in it.

See last year's blog (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2257-NCAA-Football-12-Blog-Custom-Conferences).

SmoothPancakes
08-25-2012, 09:38 PM
My guess is that your changes are causing the C-USA to deviate from it's default of a 8-game schedule with no protected rivals. It shouldn't, but that's what is probably happening. You'll either need to use Protected Rivals to get an 8-game schedule, or live with a 9-game schedule. When the schedule starts has nothing to do with how many games are in it.

See last year's blog (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?2257-NCAA-Football-12-Blog-Custom-Conferences).

12 schools – 8 conference games when using protected rivals. 9 conference games when not using protected rivals. (Note: C-USA will use their 8 conference game, no protected rival format by default)

Crap, that must it. C-USA starts with the 8 con games without having protected rivals, but when I make the changes to the conferences when creating the dynasty, it must screw it up and change it to the 9 conference game w/o protected rivals option. I guess I'll have to figure out some protected rivals to set for the C-USA teams now.

JeffHCross
08-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Have you tried swapping teams rather than using add/remove?

SmoothPancakes
08-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Have you tried swapping teams rather than using add/remove?

Well, I had already advanced to Week 1 in the Tulsa dynasty, but I saved that one, backed out and created a new one. I tried swapping teams around instead of add/remove, but it still didn't work. If I don't turn on protected rivals, C-USA will automatically default to a 9 game conference schedule every time I make any sort of move with teams, regardless of how I move them.

It's fine though now, I've figured out some protected rivals. Gonna keep FIU and North Texas together since they came over from the Sun Belt. After getting souljahbill's input, Southern Miss and Tulane are protected rivals.

For the rest, after looking back over the years, Tulsa is 2-3 against East Carolina (closest record for Tulsa against ECU (2-3), LA Tech (1-2), Marshall (3-0) and UAB (3-0), so I made Tulsa and East Carolina protected rivals, plus that way I get to play at East Carolina's stadium every other year. Also by virtue of head-to-head records, I paired LA Tech and Rice together, as well as Marshall and UTEP. UAB ended up the lone man out and got stuck with UTSA.

It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it all things considered.

GatorBait06NC
08-31-2012, 12:00 AM
I saw this issue with the SEC too in year 2 of dynasty. Scheduling problems have been in the game for atleast 7 years in a row now. They are too busy concentrating on Season Showdown and Mascot Mashup to fix something that matters like scheduling problems. Last year, In my Florida dynasty, I was playing Tennessee at home every year and LSU on the road every season.