PDA

View Full Version : Week 1, 2013

Oneback
08-24-2012, 04:09 AM
=============== #2 Texas Longhorns (0-0) ===============
This week, the Longhorns will host #4 Notre Dame (0-0).

=============== #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (0-0) ===============
This week, the Crimson Tide will host UCF (0-0).

=============== #6 LSU Tigers (0-0) ===============
This week, the Tigers will host Wake Forest (0-0).

=============== #25 Ohio State Buckeyes (0-0) ===============
This week, the Buckeyes will host Northwestern (0-0).

=============== Oklahoma State Cowboys (0-0) ===============
This week, the Cowboys will host #21 Miami (0-0).

=============== #11 Texas A&M Aggies (0-0) ===============
This week, the Aggies will host Cal (0-0).

=============== #9 Florida State Seminoles (0-0) ===============
This week, the Seminoles will host #8 Arkansas (0-0).

=============== #5 Oregon Ducks (0-0) ===============
This week, the Ducks are idle.

=============== #4 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0) ===============
This week, the Fighting Irish travel to Austin to face the #2 Texas Longhorns (0-0).

=============== #8 Arkansas Razorbacks (0-0) ===============
This week, the Razorbacks travel to Tallahassee to face the #9 Florida State Seminoles (0-0).

=============== #3 Michigan Wolverines (0-0) ===============
This week, the Wolverines will host Ole Miss (0-0).

=============== USC Trojans (0-0) ===============
This week, the Trojans travel to Honolulu to face the Hawai'i Warriors (0-0).

Oneback
08-24-2012, 04:10 AM
@nykia it'll be Saturday night at the earliest I could play.

Gotta say I really would've liked a tune up game prior!

JeffHCross
08-24-2012, 06:22 AM
Razor, I'm planning to get home mid-afternoon and will be around all night. I'll be in and out tomorrow but have no plans that couldn't be moved.

JeffHCross
08-24-2012, 06:23 AM
Gotta say I really would've liked a tune up game prior! Razor is my "tune-up" to Alabama. :smh:

psusnoop
08-24-2012, 07:08 AM
Razor is my "tune-up" to Alabama. :smh:

Wow what a stretch, Razor then Ryby and Escobar in week 4. Won't take long to see where you stand this season :)

Good luck.

psuexv
08-24-2012, 10:04 AM

Didn't you make the schedules :)

gschwendt
08-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Didn't you make the schedules :)
Tough to reschedule a conference game...

That said, you can setup the custom conferences so that conference games don't start until Week 3 or 4 giving everyone essentially a guaranteed tune-up period but of course that means the possibility of a straight run of UvU games.

gschwendt
08-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Are we playing on Very Slow now? Definitely seems slower than last year.

psusnoop
08-24-2012, 12:07 PM
What changes to the sliders were made?

Maybe a before and after.

Oneback
08-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Tough to reschedule a conference game...

That said, you can setup the custom conferences so that conference games don't start until Week 3 or 4 giving everyone essentially a guaranteed tune-up period but of course that means the possibility of a straight run of UvU games.

Yeah, I thought I had set that up prior to last season.

Oneback
08-24-2012, 12:11 PM

I'll check, should be on normal.

gschwendt
08-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Injury woes continue as Michigan beats Ole Miss 51-10. Starting HB Fitzgerald Toussaint suffered an injury that is expected to keep him out for up to four weeks. Backup QB and Freshman sensation Kevin Jones suffered a season-ending ankle injury. While Jones expected to see a fair amount of playing time, he wasn't expected to challenge Gardner for the starting job. However, it does for the Wolverines to question whether to run Gardner less or figure out what they want to do for a backup. At this point, Sophomore Russell Bellomy will take over the role but the drop-off from Gardner to Bellomy is significant. That could force the Wolverines to pull the redshirt status off of Freshman QB Bryce Weaver or also consider using WR Justin Austin in a QB role, though he suffers the same white-man disease as Bellomy.

Perhaps the bigger loss though is Toussaint. While only four games, his injury will cause him to miss the important Week 3 matchup against Notre Dame. He should return for all other critical conference games but the Wolverines will have to find their runningback in the mean time. Do they rely on a combination of HB Thomas Rawls and FB Stephen Hopkins to get the bulk of the carries or does newcomer Junior Zach Smith get the nod with his speed capabilities? Unfortunately the Wolverines won't have a chance in live-action to make that decision as they are off next week.

As far as the game action itself, Michigan seemed to be firing on all cylinders. Gardner earned player of the game honors in essentially only one half of football completing 12 of 16 passes for 213 yards with 2 touchdowns and also added 7 carries for 53 yards and a score. Gardner and Jones managed to connect with 11 different receivers during the game. Perhaps the most impressive connection was Jones' first play ever as Wolverine connecting 66 yards for the score to fellow newcomer, WR Justin Austin.

Defensively, the Wolverines were fierce recording 7 sacks on the day along with 1 interception. Those sacks were scattered across 6 different players including SS Raymon Taylor, MLB Desmond Morgan, backup ROLB Mike Jones, DE Tom Strobel, DT Quinton Washington, and backup LOLB Royce Jenkins Stone with 2.

texacotea
08-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Good thing we didnt get Jones, sounds like a flash in the pan to me

gschwendt
08-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Good thing we didnt get Jones, sounds like a flash in the pan to me
It only delays the inevitable of when he throws a TD, runs a TD, and catches a TD against an Ohio State.

nykia31
08-24-2012, 02:14 PM
@nykia it'll be Saturday night at the earliest I could play.

Saturday Night is good.

Give me some time to decide if I am crazy enough to play Air-Raid No Huddle, rotating 4 QBs.

Kingpin32
08-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Does anyone know what the gameplay tuner update was for? Maybe for better tackling skills.

gschwendt
08-24-2012, 02:37 PM
I checked and game speed is set to Very Slow.

gschwendt
08-24-2012, 02:37 PM
Does anyone know what the gameplay tuner update was for? Maybe for better tackling skills.
I asked for details but they haven't sent them to me yet. I'll share whenever they do.

Kingpin32
08-24-2012, 02:48 PM

Is it weird that I like this speed of the game?

texacotea
08-24-2012, 03:11 PM
It only delays the inevitable of when he throws a TD, runs a TD, and catches a TD against an Ohio State.

I just have so much hate built up for him I smiled when I read that the first time.

Escobar
08-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Sounds like a glitch somebody else put on here. Their OD settings kept getting changed on their own. Can't remember which forum group tho

Kingpin32
08-24-2012, 03:40 PM
OK State starts the season off with a W, 42-28​.

ryby6969
08-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Whatever the settings were switched to, the game sucks now. Tackling is worse, players feel like they are stuck in mud. It is awful.

razorback44
08-24-2012, 04:22 PM
Razor, I'm planning to get home mid-afternoon and will be around all night. I'll be in and out tomorrow but have no plans that couldn't be moved.

I have a game at 9:30 et in the SBCOL tonight and then am going out after then. Could you play before then? I should be home from work in an hour.

If not, I think I'm wide open tomorrow as of now outside of running errands with the wife in the morning. Should be home around 12 or 1 and can work around your schedule from there if you would prefer.

razorback44
08-24-2012, 04:24 PM

I felt like it was this way during the bowl game. I think I even said something to snoop about it after the game. We had a lag but even when it wasn't lagging my players just felt like they were running in mud. Knile Davis felt like he was an 83 speed running back instead of 93. It was very odd.

razorback44
08-24-2012, 04:27 PM
I feel like I just stumbled across another glitch in the game. I didn't scout any of my players during the preseason last night and yet here in week one almost all of them are over 50% scouted and 7 out of the 20 guys on my board are already 100% scouted.

Did anybody else get any additional scouting on top of what they did in the preseason?

ryby6969
08-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Game is all messed up now. In a normal 4 wide 2x2 formation I come out in regular dime Cover 2 sink, and it moves my MLB all the way over where the Dime CB should be and moves him to the MLB spot.

JeffHCross
08-24-2012, 04:34 PM
I feel like I just stumbled across another glitch in the game. I didn't scout any of my players during the preseason last night and yet here in week one almost all of them are over 50% scouted and 7 out of the 20 guys on my board are already 100% scouted. If you didn't scout any players, and therefore had time remaining, the CPU would have used your time for you.

I have a game at 9:30 et in the SBCOL tonight and then am going out after then. Could you play before then? I should be home from work in an hour. Yeah, I'm just chilling at home right now, so let me know when you're ready to play. Text would be a good idea since I may not be looking at the forum.

ryby6969
08-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Here is UCF's QB's and HB's statline for the game:

QB-Blake Bortles

24 of 28 186 yards 85% completion

HB-Storm Johnson

20 carries 196 yards 1TD 145YAC 6BTK

razorback44
08-24-2012, 04:39 PM
If you didn't scout any players, and therefore had time remaining, the CPU would have used your time for you.

But they shouldn't have had enough scouting time to get 7 of my guys 100% scouted. One hour of scouting time by a user only gets you like 50-60% of scouting done it normally seems like. It just seems a little over powered if that's the case.

JeffHCross
08-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Confirmed. Very Slow, Min Speed is 90, user QB Acc is 5, user PBK is 0, CPU QB Acc is 20, CPU PBK is 0.

Sounds like a glitch somebody else put on here. Their OD settings kept getting changed on their own. Can't remember which forum group thoIn that case (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5609-OD-Difficulty-Changing), what was changing was the difficulty (Heisman, in our case). Doesn't look like that has been affected.

But they shouldn't have had enough scouting time to get 7 of my guys 100% scouted. One hour of scouting time by a user only gets you like 50-60% of scouting done it normally seems like. It just seems a little over powered if that's the case.I will agree there. Sounds like more than 20 hours worth of scouting.

Oneback
08-24-2012, 06:15 PM
@gschwendt have you heard anything about the tuning update yet? I'm wondering if something is off now...I'm playing around with the sliders again right now to test.

gschwendt
08-24-2012, 06:24 PM
@gschwendt have you heard anything about the tuning update yet? I'm wondering if something is off now...I'm playing around with the sliders again right now to test.
https://twitter.com/EASPORTS_AJ/status/239134731504066560
I've been told by dev it's to repair some desync issues. Nothing major gameplay wise.

My bet is it fixes the issues with DCs after the coin toss.

Oneback
08-24-2012, 06:34 PM
Okay so after looking at it, it looks as though it loaded a set of sliders I was testing with early last season not 100%, it may be my fault as I was inputting sliders at 4:30a after being up all night. I'm (re)inputting the sliders, although I am going to change it to Fast from Normal.

Papa LoneStar
08-24-2012, 07:18 PM
:LSU: 65
:Wake_Forest: 14

Baton Rouge, LA

RB S. Ware, Sr: 24 carries 114 yards 2 TD; 2 catches 30 yards 1 TD
QB Z. Mettenberger, Sr: 12-13 217 yards 3 TD 1 INT
TE B. Hunter, Fr: 8 catches 121 yards 1 TD
QB S. Hall, Fr: 4-5 63 yards; 13 carries 97 yards 1 TD
RB M. Ford, Sr: 7 carries 23 yards 1 TD; 2 KR 49 yards; 5 PR 84 yards 1 TD (56 yarder)
LSU Defense: 3-11 3rd downs allowed, 4 turnovers

The Tigers are off next week....then will host #14 TCU at 7pm central on CBS

JeffHCross
08-24-2012, 07:26 PM
@gschwendt have you heard anything about the tuning update yet? I'm wondering if something is off now...I'm playing around with the sliders again right now to test.I'm confident in saying the tuner did nothing regarding gameplay. No real difference noted in the gameplay.

Though my Freshman QB is even worse at being accurate!

Okay so after looking at it, it looks as though it loaded a set of sliders I was testing with early last season not 100%, it may be my fault as I was inputting sliders at 4:30a after being up all night. I'm (re)inputting the sliders, although I am going to change it to Fast from Normal.Just so everyone knows, his changes won't take effect until Week 2.

gschwendt
08-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Looks like they also might have fixed the issue with stories not appearing on DW, though probably not related to the tuner since I still got the error for uploading highlights.

JeffHCross
08-24-2012, 07:51 PM
First: Apparently Kentucky @ TCU is the ONLY CPU game this week. Only thing on the ticker ... all ... freaking ... game ... long.

Second: TALLAHASSEE, Fla (AP) - Coach Jeff HCross survived a true test this week, as his Seminoles were taken to overtime by the Arkansas Razorbacks. The Seminoles looked to be in trouble going into halftime with a mere 4 yards rushing on 8 attempts, and trailing 14-7 after an early 7-0 lead. But a change of the quarterback/runningback battery led to a (relative) offensive explosion in the second half.

The offensive swing in Florida State's favor was coupled with a defense that suddenly decided to be lights out. Two sacks in the first half, and fourteen points, begat four sacks in the second, plus a fumble recovery deep in Arkansas territory and only a single touchdown yielded.

But boy, was it a touchdown. Imagine you are at your own 50. No timeouts. Down by 7. Oh, and you have twenty seconds. What do you need? Well, you need to two cornerbacks to completely forget who they're covering and leave a top target wide open on a deep post route. Then, you need the defense to call a play that is completely incapable of calling your expertly called offensive play, and hit another wide open target for a walk-in touchdown. It does help if the top defender on the defense (an All-American safety at that) decides to forget how to close on a thrown pass. ( :smh: :D :fp: )

Florida State was able to somehow ignore the fact that Arkansas should have had all the momentum in the world after that sequence. Instead, a 13 yard run and a 9 yard pass put them at the three with a 2nd & 1. And then a 3rd & 1. And then, thankfully, a 1st & Goal. And 2nd & Goal. And, oh, we're going backwards and it's time for 3rd and Goal. But Clint Trickett was able to find Jack Nicklaus's grandson, tight end Nick O'Leary, for the touchdown between two Arkansas defenders.

Arkansas's 4th down attempt to tie the game went just past its intended receiver.

----------------------------------
FSU: 19/33 for 214 yards and 4 TDs; 21 rushes for 61 yards. 5/11 on 3rd down.
Arky: 20/31 for 277 yards and 1 TD; 39 rushes for 75 yards and 2 TDs. 6/13 on 3rd down.

FSU PotG: QB Trickett comes into the game at halftime and goes 14/23 for 122 and 3 TDs. His one INT was a hail mary to end the game.
Arky PotG: QB Mitchell went 20/31 for 277 and 1 TD. He also added a few yards on the ground.
-----------------------------------

Great game, Razor. Really put me through the wringer on opening week.

Oneback, please find the setting for when conference games start :D

Oneback
08-24-2012, 07:55 PM
I know where its at.

JeffHCross
08-24-2012, 08:00 PM
I know where its at.Was said with a :D?

I'd actually completely forgotten that existed until G mentioned it.

@nykia it'll be Saturday night at the earliest I could play.Ironically, your game is scheduled to kick-off the season. Earliest start!

For some reason, every other user game (don't know the time of my own game) is showing a Sunday 12:30 start time. Ten games and eight start at the same time.

Actually, that does sound like ESPN.

Oneback
08-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Was said with a :D?

I'd actually completely forgotten that existed until G mentioned it.

I remembered and even thought about it while advancing past custom conferences, thought I had already set that. Already made a note on my whiteboard to remember for next season...now the test is if it can last on the board until then.

JeffHCross
08-24-2012, 08:52 PM
I remembered and even thought about it while advancing past custom conferences, thought I had already set that. Already made a note on my whiteboard to remember for next season...now the test is if it can last on the board until then.I've seen that board.

That's a sucker's bet.

souljahbill
08-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Injury woes continue as Michigan beats Ole Miss 51-10. Starting HB Fitzgerald Toussaint suffered an injury that is expected to keep him out for up to four weeks. Backup QB and Freshman sensation Kevin Jones suffered a season-ending ankle injury. While Jones expected to see a fair amount of playing time, he wasn't expected to challenge Gardner for the starting job. However, it does for the Wolverines to question whether to run Gardner less or figure out what they want to do for a backup. At this point, Sophomore Russell Bellomy will take over the role but the drop-off from Gardner to Bellomy is significant. That could force the Wolverines to pull the redshirt status off of Freshman QB Bryce Weaver or also consider using WR Justin Austin in a QB role, though he suffers the same white-man disease as Bellomy.

Perhaps the bigger loss though is Toussaint. While only four games, his injury will cause him to miss the important Week 3 matchup against Notre Dame. He should return for all other critical conference games but the Wolverines will have to find their runningback in the mean time. Do they rely on a combination of HB Thomas Rawls and FB Stephen Hopkins to get the bulk of the carries or does newcomer Junior Zach Smith get the nod with his speed capabilities? Unfortunately the Wolverines won't have a chance in live-action to make that decision as they are off next week.

Somewhere, Bill Souljah, is laughing. :p :D

psuexv
08-25-2012, 08:18 PM
Texas vs ND going down tonight?

JeffHCross
08-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Me thinks not.

Oneback
08-26-2012, 11:52 AM
nykia wasn't available yesterday evening, we are going to play tonight.

psusnoop
08-26-2012, 01:43 PM
nykia wasn't available yesterday evening, we are going to play tonight.

What time is kickoff?

gschwendt
08-26-2012, 06:59 PM
ADVANCE!!!!