PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting Promises...

Bohica1010
08-23-2012, 02:12 AM
Do we have anything on the site where it gives an idea of how players look at promises? What is considered "Good National Exposure"? What is considered "Solid Playing Time" first year on campus? Does promise a game in the players home state mean his 1st year or just in the 4 years?

The rest are all pretty cut and dry.

JeffHCross
08-23-2012, 06:37 PM
I don't think we discuss promises anywhere on the site because EA, as far as I know, has never publicly discussed what all of the promises mean. I think they're just as much of a mystery to anyone here as they are to someone who has just picked up the game.

I hope "home state" is within four years, because I'm screwed if it's all Year 1! :D :D :D :fp: :(

Escobar
08-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Home state is first year.

Bohica1010
08-23-2012, 08:56 PM
I don't think we discuss promises anywhere on the site because EA, as far as I know, has never publicly discussed what all of the promises mean. I think they're just as much of a mystery to anyone here as they are to someone who has just picked up the game.

I hope "home state" is within four years, because I'm screwed if it's all Year 1! :D :D :D :fp: :(

You and me both! LOL

SmoothPancakes
08-23-2012, 09:03 PM

You're screwed Jeff! :D :D :D

JeffHCross
08-23-2012, 11:13 PM
You're screwed Jeff! :D :D :DActually, I looked after posting that, and there's only two guys that I'll miss without any schedule changes. One of them I should pick up via a schedule change, and the other I wouldn't mind seeing transfer anyway. He's just a body this year :D

Of course, I may have benefited from something that happened in our OD ... for some reason only 1 promise per player is showing in Year 2. Like only 1 per carried over. I'm a little worried that might not be reality and at the end of the year suddenly I'll have 20 promises to fulfill that I wasn't seeing :D

jello1717
08-28-2012, 01:21 PM
Of course, I may have benefited from something that happened in our OD ... for some reason only 1 promise per player is showing in Year 2. Like only 1 per carried over. I'm a little worried that might not be reality and at the end of the year suddenly I'll have 20 promises to fulfill that I wasn't seeing :DThere was a bug where promises were getting duplicated every week (so if you promised a guy a game in his home state you'd eventually see 10 of that promise to that guy). This was fixed in the 2nd patch and I noticed that in doing so, only 1 promise was showing up per recruit. However, the patch hit during the preseason in my OD so I was still RSing. I was told a bunch of times that if I RSed certain guys that I'd break a promise despite that promise not showing up in the list so I'm pretty sure that means that we still have all of our promises (which is good for raising your coach integrity) but we just can't see them (which sucks since it's harder to keep a promise that you can't see).

JeffHCross
08-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I RS'ed at least one guy that I though I had made that promise to, but didn't receive any warning. Unfortunately, like you said, I couldn't see all my promises, so it's entirely possible I didn't promise him that.

thirtydaZe
08-30-2012, 11:58 AM

what if you redshirt the player his first year, then in his first year of playing time, you play in his home state?

Escobar
08-30-2012, 04:30 PM
It's his first year on campus. He doesn't have to play, only the team.

SmoothPancakes
08-30-2012, 05:16 PM
It's his first year on campus. He doesn't have to play, only the team.

Great, so basically I can't use that promise whatsoever at all. I've already got my schedule for the 2014 and 2015 seasons in my dynasty filled out and set, and 3 games already set in both 2016 and 2017.

With no open dates for non-conference games in 2014 and 2015, and only one open, still unfilled spot in both 2016 and 2017, I'm going to have to mentally completely eliminate that promise from my list of options, unless they're from Oklahoma or Texas.