PDA

View Full Version : New and Advanced Sliders for NCAA and Madden

Rudy
08-21-2012, 07:33 PM
I would like to see more sliders in Madden and NCAA Football. Break the slider menu out into basic and advanced for those that don't want any new ones. I'd also like to see them organize them more like a table so you can see the cpu and human sliders side by side on the same page. Tons of room on our big TVs that we shouldn't have to toggle so much.

New sliders for Passing: QB arm strength (determines how fast ball travels) and QB awareness. Currently we can only tweak accuracy but cpu QB intelligence is a much needed slider. Also short, medium and deep accuracy would be a bonus.

New sliders for RB: Madden only has break tackles while NCAA has RB Ability which juices up RB speed and special moves. I'd like to see all the moves have their own slider like Speed, Juke, Spin, Stiff arm and Truck. Let us choose how effective they should be. The stiff arm largely stinks so I'd like to see it boosted myself.

Blocking Sliders: I'd like to see separate sliders for Shotgun Run Blocking (very useful for Read option as well) and play action passing. We could have separate sliders for how long a block is held vs. how far the OL drives a DL when run blocking or other option sliders. But Shotgun blocking gets my vote as something needed.

Defense: Pass Coverage/Reaction Time needs to be split between Man and Zone coverage. Also we need a DB Playmaking Slider where we determine just how fast a DB/LB can close on a ball, jump or swat a ball down. Let us tune the super leaping LB ourselves.

Special Teams: We really need a separate slider for kick and punt return blocking. I rarely see TD returns, especially for the cpu. Let us finetune this. Also a slider for blocked kicks would be cool. I never see them so let us adjust for it.

Other options like Player Momentum threshold to tune how heavy the players move and feel. I'd love to see a Talent Threshold similar to the Speed Threshold. The Talent Threshold would create a bigger gap between the good and bad players. I personally miss seeing great players dominate like the impact players of NCAA 06. That forced you to really adjust your gameplan for elite players who can dominate college games more than pros can.

Here's an example of a slider template with the new sliders. Any other sliders you guys could recommend for the future?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArB9QSYxv2ZGdHZCTWIzLWRidVVfQmdiNVpMTDlVS 2c#gid=2