PDA

View Full Version : Lopsided Scores Against FCS

PDuncanOSU
08-20-2012, 03:50 PM
I'm in an online dynasty with 1 other friend. We are in our first season as offensive coordinators at Virginia and NC State. He is the dynasty commisioner and decided to change to 7-minute quarters and leave all other settings default.

I've had 2 wins (33-28 over Penn State at home and 31-28 at Georgia Tech) that were competitive throughout and could have gone either way. The game at Tech I won with a field goal as time expired. My other 2 games were against FCS schools which I won 68-7 and 85-0, which I had my 2nd string in and was trying to chew the clock the entire 2nd half.

My friend has had similar results (27-20 over UConn, 57-49 over TCU in 3OT, 38-24 over Miami, then 153-0 over FCS Southeast)

We don't want to mess with the sliders too much yet, as most of our games our competitive, but are wondering how to handle the blowouts v the FCS. Just don't schedule them next season, or change our sliders?

JeffHCross
08-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Since you've had competitive games against good competition, I'd recommend just not scheduling the FCS teams next year. You can go with MAC-or-lower schools and have the advantage, yet have the possibility of a competitive game, without blowing them out of the water like you did FCS.