PDA

View Full Version : Game Play Question/Concern

thirtydaZe
08-20-2012, 11:29 AM
I have kind of a unique situation. The day the patch dropped, i'm playing my first dynasty game post patch. I lose my starting Qb for the season. Ever since, it's been consecutive losses. Every game lost.
(I've only played 1 series with my starting QB post patch, so i really have nothing to go by)

I was averaging 70+ rushing a game. past 3 games, haven't been able to rush over 25 yards.

Throwing picks like crazy.

In 3 games i've been shut out one game, and scored a total of 6 points in the other 2.

I'm playing as the Huskers, and have since adjusted my sliders.

3 questions
Is this a product of the patch making the game that much tougher?
Is the fact the backup QB is in, making my team that much worse?
And, in a single person OD does the week need to be advanced for slider tweaks to take effect?

gschwendt
08-20-2012, 11:33 AM
1) I'd say yes... passing should be more difficult but IMO running should be easier with the improved blocking.
2) He shouldn't effect the rest of your team though perhaps (this is a bit of stretch) the CPU notices that your weaker backup is in, thus focuses more on the run defense.
3) Yes... there's no difference between a single or multiplayer Online Dynasty... you have to wait until the week advances for slider tweaks to take effect.

thirtydaZe
08-20-2012, 11:44 AM
1) I'd say yes... passing should be more difficult but IMO running should be easier with the improved blocking.
2) He shouldn't effect the rest of your team though perhaps (this is a bit of stretch) the CPU notices that your weaker backup is in, thus focuses more on the run defense.
3) Yes... there's no difference between a single or multiplayer Online Dynasty... you have to wait until the week advances for slider tweaks to take effect.

right on. this was starting to drive me crazy. I started my first dynasty over because making the B1G championship game my first season seemed unrealistic, now i'm 1-4 conf, 5-4 overall.

better step it up.

souljahbill
08-20-2012, 12:43 PM
right on. this was starting to drive me crazy. I started my first dynasty over because making the B1G championship game my first season seemed unrealistic, now i'm 1-4 conf, 5-4 overall.

better step it up.

Why would Nebraska playing for the Big 10 championship be unrealistic?

thirtydaZe
08-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Why would Nebraska playing for the Big 10 championship be unrealistic?

I guess it was unrealistic for me in my dynasty.

I just feel that Taylor Martinez has a better overall national reputation than he does locally. So my first season i just felt he was way over rated, and was a way better passer than he is in real life.

So that, and based on the fact, I would be a first year coach, changed the system to a pro style offense, i would have thought there would have been more struggles reaching the championship game.

JeffHCross
08-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Why would Nebraska playing for the Big 10 championship be unrealistic?Nebraska playing in the championship isn't unrealistic. The numbers he put up with T-Magic were mind boggling :D

I just feel that Taylor Martinez has a better overall national reputation than he does locally.Perhaps it's a reflection of my social circle (very knowledgeable CFB analysts, including the Football Outsiders guys), but I don't think Taylor has a very good reputation (as a quarterback) at all. Runner yes ... QB, no.

thirtydaZe
08-21-2012, 10:04 AM
Nebraska playing in the championship isn't unrealistic. The numbers he put up with T-Magic were mind boggling :D

Perhaps it's a reflection of my social circle (very knowledgeable CFB analysts, including the Football Outsiders guys), but I don't think Taylor has a very good reputation (as a quarterback) at all. Runner yes ... QB, no.

That could very well be. It's just funny listening to sports talk, and the national guys come in, and are always praising how much of a dynamic qb taylor is, a threat, one of the best in the big 10, etc.... when you watch him every week, watch him fumble, watch him throw ints, make bad decisions. the local rep is quite a bit different.

JeffHCross
08-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Well, he is a threat. Definitely a threat. See the second half against Ohio State for an example. The problem he has, as you alluded to, is putting it all together. If it ever clicks for him (and he gets a throwing motion resembling a QB rather than a shot-putter), then he could be very, very dangerous.