PDA

View Full Version : Online Dynasty Bowl Game, User vs User, DC'd before kickoff

gschwendt
08-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Escobar & I were trying to play our Powerhouse Online Dynasty Fiesta Bowl matchup, Michigan vs Texas A&M. However, we would go through the coin toss, and immediately the coin toss, it would say the connection to your opponent has been lost. Additionally, every time for Escboar, the CPU would pick his kick/receive or whatever endzone. Additionally, if he did win the toss, before I could pick which endzone to defend, it would give us a disconnection.

We tried not using custom playbooks. We tried both going direct. We tried him inviting, me inviting, etc. We tried deleting the OD save file and re-downloading. We tried pretty much everything we could think of and every time gave us the same results.

Anyone have any experience similar to what we had? I want to say that the game somehow thought I was supposed to be playing the CPU (thus kept picking his choices), but obviously no way to really test for that.

I plan to pass this information all along to EA but wanted to see if others have experienced something similar so I can pass along as much detail as possible.

JeffHCross
08-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Never seen anything similar, but a question ...

Were both of you in the Dynasty when you invited? I've only been inside the dynasty once this year (when accepting), and it forced me to back out to the Main Menu and then had an error when it tried to connect. Then we had a freeze after that, actually.

I've also noticed that when you accept an invite from outside the Dynasty, it re-downloads the dynasty as if you don't have a save file. So I don't think the save file would be an influence.

gschwendt
08-19-2012, 10:05 PM
I was always in the OD whenever I accepted... not sure about Escobar.

Escobar
08-20-2012, 05:00 PM
I was too, but I always am inside the dynasty when I accept invites. That always gives me the most stable connection.

JeffHCross
08-20-2012, 07:45 PM
I was too, but I always am inside the dynasty when I accept invites. That always gives me the most stable connection.Historically, I have been too, but the game hasn't let me do so this year.