PDA

View Full Version : Dumbass of the Day 8/18

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Here's my "I hate this fucking country" story for the day. :fp:

Woman Who Sat For A While On A Hot Bench Outside Cowboys Stadium Now Suing Jerry Jones (http://deadspin.com/5935429/woman-who-sat-for-a-while-on-a-hot-bench-outside-cowboys-stadium-now-suing-jerry-jones)

Woman Who Sat For A While On A Hot Bench Outside Cowboys Stadium Now Suing Jerry Jones

Barry Petchesky

How long were you on this planet before you realized that hot things hurt, and you shouldn't touch them? A few months? A year or two, tops? So when you see a black marble bench, baking in a summer Texas sun on a 101-degree day, maybe you think, hey, it's probably hot, I shouldn't sit there. And even if you sit down, and burn yourself, you probably get up immediately rather than waiting for the third-degree burns to set in.

You, my friend, are not Jennelle Carrillo. Carrillo is suing Jerry Jones and the Cowboys after an incident two years ago, when she sat on a bench outside of Cowboys Stadium before a scrimmage, and ended up in a hospital for skin grafts. From her lawsuit:

Defendants did not exercise reasonable care to eliminate the risk of harm to plaintiff posed by the bench, nor did defendants adequately warn plaintiff of the risk of harm posed by the bench. No warning signs were posted at or near the bench advising that it was dangerously hot when exposed to the August sun.

People, we are coming ever closer to being able to sue the Sun itself.

I could totally understand accidentally sitting on a hot bench for a second. We've all done it. But what gets me about Carrillo's case is that she sat for a good length of time, and didn't even notice she was searing her ham hocks until later. Her lawyer told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that he didn't know how long she was sitting, and only realized she had been burned when she got up to use the bathroom.

People are seriously fucking stupid these days. :fp:

Gee! You sit on a bench that's been sitting out in the sun all day in 101-degree Texas heat. What the fuck did you think was going to happen!? You have to be TOLD and warned that "hey, you sit here too long, you're gonna burn your ass"? I swear to God, I am hating this fucking country and the dumbfucks who reside in this country more and more with every single passing day.

baseballplyrmvp
08-18-2012, 09:38 AM
what's her defense? "but your honor, i dont have any common sense." :smh:

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2012, 09:51 AM
what's her defense? "but your honor, i dont have any common sense." :smh:

Probably. :fp:

Just watch, now someone will sue the car makers because they didn't put warnings and tell them that if you get into your car that's been sitting in the blazing sun all day, that you might burn yourself on the steering wheel or your leather seats. Ya think? I learned that within days after getting my license and driving.

Seriously, someone in Congress of the individual state legislatures needs to grow some fucking balls, and write up a bill making it either a misdemeanor or a felony to file frivolous lawsuits. If your lawsuit gets thrown out in court and deemed frivolous, your ass, and the ass of the dumbfuck lawyer who actually agreed to take your lawsuit to court, both get slapped with fines. And I'm not talking these little pissant $100 or $500 fines. I'm talking $10,000 or $25,000 fines. The states would make a small chunk of change at first, and then hopefully, when all these dumbasses suddenly realize they could get slapped with giant fines for their dumbass lawsuits, maybe this frivolous lawsuit bullshit would finally stop once and for all.

SCClassof93
08-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Funny, I just hit this song in the countdown thread. Should fit here :nod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHh0V7UjVXI

baseballplyrmvp
08-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Seriously, someone in Congress of the individual state legislatures needs to grow some fucking balls, and write up a bill making it either a misdemeanor or a felony to file frivolous lawsuits. If your lawsuit gets thrown out in court and deemed frivolous, your ass, and the ass of the dumbfuck lawyer who actually agreed to take your lawsuit to court, both get slapped with fines. And I'm not talking these little pissant $100 or $500 fines. I'm talking $10,000 or $25,000 fines. The states would make a small chunk of change at first, and then hopefully, when all these dumbasses suddenly realize they could get slapped with giant fines for their dumbass lawsuits, maybe this frivolous lawsuit bullshit would finally stop once and for all.

:+1:

either that, or if your case is deemed frivolous, you and your lawyer pay all legal fees for both parties.

i might as well sue chevy for my only speeding ticket that i got 8 years. i didnt get a warning from them, saying that the big engine in that pickup would make it easier for me to drive at higher speeds than what the speed limit suggests. :fp:

SmoothPancakes
08-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Funny, I just hit this song in the countdown thread. Should fit here :nod:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHh0V7UjVXI

Nice. :D That would work!

:+1:

either that, or if your case is deemed frivolous, you and your lawyer pay all legal fees for both parties.

i might as well sue chevy for my only speeding ticket that i got 8 years. i didnt get a warning from them, saying that the big engine in that pickup would make it easier for me to drive at higher speeds than what the speed limit suggests. :fp:

Yeah, something, anything to discourage this crap. It was already ridiculous in the past, it's just beyond any sense or logic anymore these days. :fp:

JeffHCross
08-18-2012, 07:28 PM
If judges would start throwing out cases like this, and disbarring the lawyers who bring them, then we'd get rid of the frivolous suits real fast.

SmoothPancakes
08-19-2012, 01:42 AM
If judges would start throwing out cases like this, and disbarring the lawyers who bring them, then we'd get rid of the frivolous suits real fast.

That would also work for me. Something to keep idiot lawyers from actually agreeing with and bringing this crap to court or keep the general public idiots from looking for a free payday thanks to their own stupidity.

JeffHCross
08-19-2012, 07:46 PM
While I agree there are plenty of idiots out there, I choose to believe that the majority of these cases are encouraged by the laywers, not just agreed with. Otherwise I can't explain why so many people want to sue.

SCClassof93
08-19-2012, 09:00 PM
While I agree there are plenty of idiots out there, I choose to believe that the majority of these cases are encouraged by the laywers, not just agreed with. Otherwise I can't explain why so many people want to sue.

Lawyers write the laws and want to make money. Go after the people with money and stack juries with the bitter and envious. Meanwhile we cripple job growth and our economy.