PDA

View Full Version : Right Wing "Propaganda" Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

CLW
08-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Figured with the election comin' up we TGT right wingers could post all of our right wing "propoganda" to share/enjoy. All you Commies GTFO of this thread! :nod:

I'll start with something pretty funny that came out today from the RNC:

http://youtu.be/KjGXKD91Gtk

JeffHCross
08-17-2012, 08:19 PM
I've been debating about whether or not to start a "serious" politics thread for months.

This might be a better concept :D

souljahbill
08-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Serious politics? Does that exist?

SCClassof93
08-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Serious politics? Does that exist?

It is for me every time I pay my quarterly taxes :fp:

AustinWolv
08-17-2012, 09:05 PM
It is for me every time I pay my quarterly taxes :fp:
Well-played.

Can't wait until election is over. Getting a little fed up with the Obama-lovers and then the manifesto-types taking Obama-hate too far on the other side. I think Obama is a joke, don't get me wrong, but it isn't like all the other politicians aren't fucking things up as well. The petty, childish behavior (looking at you Harry Reid) is disgusting.

(Right wing tendencies with some liberterian mixed in, as both parties are crooks as of late......take all our damn money we earn and just sending it different places....and then you got the joke of the IRS getting duped out of billions while good citizens dutifully pay our taxes.)

I've never been very political and tended to stay away because it just disappointment, but alas, the past few years as I've gotten older have been utter sadness at many things and directions those fakes are selling us.

:fp:

JeffHCross
08-17-2012, 10:17 PM
The petty, childish behavior (looking at you Harry Reid) is disgusting.I could come up with a lengthy list for that just from my two home states (Virginia, Ohio) alone. It's ridiculous -- on both sides. I'm still waiting for a politician that actually makes me want to vote for them, rather than just against the other guy.

ram29jackson
08-17-2012, 10:19 PM
About the 2016 movie about Obama

yes, I know its biased Fox news, so what? The movie speaks for itself anyway.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/09/2016-obama-america-why-is-media-so-afraid-this-movie/

I don’t remember anyone in the mainstream press questioning Michael Moore about his motives (he wore them on his sleeve) or where the funding came from (deep pockets of those sharing his ideology). No questions asked….

The American way has always been to present ideas and new opinions, then through reason, logic, debate and even personalities, continue to expose as many points of view as possible. It makes the country a better one and stronger one for all of us.

“2016 – Obama’s America” presents a picture of an America changed through the passion of one man and his determination to turn America into ‘just another country.’ The movie should be required viewing by all Americans. Then you can do your own homework and make up your own mind.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/09/2016-obama-america-why-is-media-so-afraid-this-movie/#ixzz23rdw2EzX

skipwondah33
08-17-2012, 10:22 PM
What's a right winger?

Kingpin32
08-17-2012, 10:46 PM
What's a right winger?

A football position

baseballplyrmvp
08-17-2012, 11:01 PM
What's a right winger?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=right+winger+urban+dictionary

click 3rd link down

baseballplyrmvp
08-17-2012, 11:09 PM
I could come up with a lengthy list for that just from my two home states (Virginia, Ohio) alone. It's ridiculous -- on both sides. I'm still waiting for a politician that actually makes me want to vote for them, rather than just against the other guy.

that'll never happen. with the media today being so incredibly biased towards certain parties, you'll always one media outlet trashing the other party's candidate.

the only thing that could come close to voting for one guy instead of against the other, were if you lived in the boonies, didnt have any kind of internet, radio, tv, or newspaper, and just stumbled upon a tv that was showing the live debates between 2 candidates.....

JeffHCross
08-17-2012, 11:33 PM
that'll never happen. with the media today being so incredibly biased towards certain parties, you'll always one media outlet trashing the other party's candidate.Eh, I ignore that. Living in the greater DC area, you kinda have to. The majority of the political media that I watch is Daily Show, who just trashes whoever is being stupid.

the only thing that could come close to voting for one guy instead of against the other, were if you lived in the boonies, didnt have any kind of internet, radio, tv, or newspaper, and just stumbled upon a tv that was showing the live debates between 2 candidates.....Well, the debates is the primary thing I use to vote.

The main problem, for me, is that no politicians are inspirational anymore. It's just "I'm better than X because ...". Honestly Gary Johnson (http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-june-5-2012/gary-johnson) is the only candidate that has moved my "give a fuck" meter at all. And I just wish others would. Too many are moving my "I just don't like you" meter instead.

ram29jackson
08-18-2012, 02:49 AM
A football position

hockey

Kingpin32
08-18-2012, 07:48 AM
hockey
I was being sarcastic.

skipwondah33
08-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Above...no one knew that I was being sarcastic/funny?

Wanted to get a joke in before it turned into bash President this, bash that lol

AustinWolv
08-19-2012, 09:06 AM
The main problem, for me, is that no politicians are inspirational anymore. It's just "I'm better than X because ...". Honestly Gary Johnson is the only candidate that has moved my "give a fuck" meter at all. And I just wish others would. Too many are moving my "I just don't like you" meter instead.
Exactly. And like you said earlier, it is who to tolerate more rather than a vote for a leader who places the country and the people's direction above his own/his party's own. They are puppets these days.
I still hate O$U though. :P

SmoothPancakes
08-19-2012, 10:56 AM
Exactly. And like you said earlier, it is who to tolerate more rather than a vote for a leader who places the country and the people's direction above his own/his party's own. They are puppets these days.
I still hate O$U though. :P

Yep. I remember when I turned 18 and was looking forward to being able to finally vote in elections. Oh what a naive high school kid I was. Now I almost don't even give a damn anymore when election time comes around, though I still take the time to vote each election, I just no longer really care as much. Like Jeff and Austin, I don't view it as voting for a leader anymore, but rather picking the lesser of two evils and who I think is going to fuck over me and rest of the country less.

steelerfan
08-19-2012, 11:09 AM
When I was 18, I thought it was fucked up that I could vote, thereby deciding what was best for everyone, but I couldn't decide what was best for me, and drink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

SmoothPancakes
08-19-2012, 11:12 AM
When I was 18, I thought it was fucked up that I could vote, thereby deciding what was best for everyone, but I couldn't decide what was best for me, and drink.

:D Yeah, I was sort of pissed about that, I could vote for the dumbasses running this country, but I still couldn't sit back and enjoy a fucking beer. Gotta love this ass backwards country.

jaymo76
08-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Alright my wonderful American friends... help me out here. I was watching Bill Maher today and I heard a term that I am not familiar with. This is the first year I remember hearing it and have NEVER heard it used in the political spectrum in Canada. What is a "SUPERPACK?" Yeah I could google it but I would rather hear a normal response. Cheers!

gschwendt
08-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Alright my wonderful American friends... help me out here. I was watching Bill Maher today and I heard a term that I am not familiar with. This is the first year I remember hearing it and have NEVER heard it used in the political spectrum in Canada. What is a "SUPERPACK?" Yeah I could google it but I would rather hear a normal response. Cheers!
A political action committee (PAC) is any organization in the United States that campaigns for or against political candidates, ballot initiatives or legislation. At the federal level, an organization becomes a PAC when it receives or spends more than $1,000 for the purpose of influencing a federal election, according to the Federal Election Campaign Act.

jaymo76
08-19-2012, 06:21 PM
A political action committee (PAC) is any organization in the United States that campaigns for or against political candidates, ballot initiatives or legislation. At the federal level, an organization becomes a PAC when it receives or spends more than $1,000 for the purpose of influencing a federal election, according to the Federal Election Campaign Act.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info. Basically they are just big time lobbyist/special interest groups then.

ram29jackson
08-19-2012, 06:54 PM
I was being sarcastic.

so was I

JeffHCross
08-19-2012, 07:25 PM
I still hate O$U though. :PI've known that for years :D And I hate scUM. But I enjoy that you have to remind yourself of it whenever you agree with me ;)

Very interesting. Thanks for the info. Basically they are just big time lobbyist/special interest groups then.Yep. To make things worse, a "Super" PAC cannot make contributions toward a candidate, but may spend an unlimited amount of money in the course of a campaign. They are not allowed to directly coordinate with a candidate or campaign (but, boy, are there ways around this). If you're really interested, Stephen Colbert (on The Colbert Report) harpooned Super PACs regularly during the Republican primaries, and I'm sure you can find videos of him exposing the hypocrisy and ridiculousness of it.

SCClassof93
08-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Very interesting. Thanks for the info. Basically they are just big time lobbyist/special interest groups then.

Think of them as an interest group. Both sides have them but the press and entertainers like Maher are only interested in the ones on the right.

JeffHCross
08-19-2012, 10:23 PM
the pressIs this an acknowledgement that Fox News doesn't count as journalism? ;)

Being serious, didn't "the liberal media" idea (or, rather, the idea that the liberals were the majority message in the press/media) die out when Fox News started kicking ass in the ratings?

SCClassof93
08-20-2012, 06:56 AM
Is this an acknowledgement that Fox News doesn't count as journalism? ;)

Being serious, didn't "the liberal media" idea (or, rather, the idea that the liberals were the majority message in the press/media) die out when Fox News started kicking ass in the ratings?

I view Fox as middle of the road. They appear far right when compared to far left outlets like CNN/MSNBC/Network News/NyTimes etc. Fox news is every bit as good if not better than these when it comes to "journalism". The reason they kick ass in the ratings is most viewers still know how bad the others really are in comparison. What is an obvious continued left meme itself is the success of Fox News. The left hates success and pitches that to the disenchanted, bitter, envious, government educated masses.
Take for example the occupy Wall Street losers. For the most they are/were upper middle class, spoiled, college educated white kids. Having degrees in journalism, art and social work they were forced to cry, "I can't get a job" waaaaaaaaahhh. Meanwhile kids oversees take the hard sciences and come here for the high paying/high tech medical jobs. I know, I see it at 6 regional med centers in Augusta. 40-45% of this country has gotten very lazy and our government instead of telling them that hard truth(because they fostered it) tells them that those that are not lazy are thieves. What a crock!

Take for example how ticked we all get over the frivolousness of lawsuits today. Most politicians are lawyers, most judges were lawyers, politicians make the laws......they want these lawsuits, it is how they get paid. CLW can fact check me here but I think the last statistic I saw was over 65% of attorneys are Democrats. Then they just stack the jury with the bitter and envious that have been trained to hate the 1% and viola you can see where and WHY we are where we are:(.

I am with you on Gary Johnson as I am a Libertarian at heart but I will not be voting that way this time. I have come to the conclusion that only the "freedom" side of Libertarianism is embraced in this country, we do not want the responsibility side.

morsdraconis
08-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Fox News and journalism in the same sentence is blasphemy unless that sentence contains "rapes", "invalidates", or other such words. Calling Fox News anything but right wing crazies is just not acknowledging how little they allow facts to get in the way of how things really are.

SCClassof93
08-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Fox News and journalism in the same sentence is blasphemy unless that sentence contains "rapes", "invalidates", or other such words. Calling Fox News anything but right wing crazies is just not acknowledging how little they allow facts to get in the way of how things really are.

Citation? Link? Example?

morsdraconis
08-20-2012, 08:35 AM

Seriously?

SCClassof93
08-20-2012, 08:38 AM

Seriously?

Why pick on just Fox News? Unless you agree/think the others like cnn/msnbc are unbiased :smh:

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Why pick on just Fox News? Unless you agree/think the others like cnn/msnbc are unbiased :smh:

They're all biased, but Fox News is the extreme. There have been times in the past with stories, they want they present them just leaves me :fp:ing myself. They may as well just change their name to the Republican News Channel, because that's what they are.

SCClassof93
08-20-2012, 09:24 AM
They're all biased, but Fox News is the extreme. There have been times in the past with stories, they want they present them just leaves me :fp:ing myself. They may as well just change their name to the Republican News Channel, because that's what they are.

Don't the Republicans get one? I mean the others are all Democrats or worse.

SmoothPancakes
08-20-2012, 09:36 AM

That's not the issue I have. The issue I have is they try and act like some great neutral, unbiased news station reporting "just the facts" on whatever they're talking about. Yeah, I don't think so. They'll report what they want to consider and think of as facts, regardless of actual facts, as they relate to the Republican party. Just like MSNBC is the top Democrat news station. CNN does lean more Democratic than Republican in their shows, views and coverage, but they do still keep some unbiased coverage of events.

For true unbiased news, unfortunately, I have to go across the pond to coverage of US events via UK newspapers or TV.

baseballplyrmvp
08-20-2012, 09:37 AM

exactly. why should every news media outlet have to be from a liberal perspective and proclaiming how great our current president is?

morsdraconis
08-20-2012, 09:42 AM
exactly. why should every news media outlet have to be from a liberal perspective and proclaiming how great our current president is?

I don't watch anything that is one extreme or the other. I watch things (like Real Time with Bill Maher and The Daily Show) that are satirical in nature but also talk about the factual information about both sides of it.

Sure, Bill Maher gave Obama money to support his campaign and sure he's a liberal, but he also doesn't like things that Obama has done and has spoken regularly about them. He just talks about all the crazy right wing nuts because they make it so god damn easy to make fun of them and, at the heart of it all, he's a comedian first.

SCClassof93
08-20-2012, 09:43 AM
That's not the issue I have. The issue I have is they try and act like some great neutral, unbiased news station reporting "just the facts" on whatever they're talking about. Yeah, I don't think so. They'll report what they want to consider and think of as facts, regardless of actual facts, as they relate to the Republican party. Just like MSNBC is the top Democrat news station. CNN does lean more Democratic than Republican in their shows, views and coverage, but they do still keep some unbiased coverage of events.

For true unbiased news, unfortunately, I have to go across the pond to coverage of US events via UK newspapers or TV.

The facts are just that, facts. None of these companies can change the "facts". I think what we all want is "truth", which is the facts interpreted correctly. All of them want to interpret the facts and this is not good. I prefer they just give facts and let me interpret them.

SCClassof93
08-20-2012, 09:44 AM
I don't watch anything that is one extreme or the other. I watch things (like Real Time with Bill Maher and The Daily Show) that are satirical in nature but also talk about the factual information about both sides of it.

Sure, Bill Maher gave Obama money to support his campaign and sure he's a liberal, but he also doesn't like things that Obama has done and has spoken regularly about them. He just talks about all the crazy right wing nuts because they make it so god damn easy to make fun of them and, at the heart of it all, he's a comedian first.

I don't think you are trying to say a jerk like Maher is a journalist to be taken seriously, are you?

baseballplyrmvp
08-20-2012, 09:52 AM

its just a different perspective though. remember a couple of years ago, when some troops were in the media for buring the qurans (however the fuck its spelled)? all i heard from the liberal stations was how bad our troops were for doing this, that they should be court martialled for their actions, and how much praise they gave obama for his reaching out to the middle eastern countries and apologizing on behalf of our soldiers. :fp:

fox news, on the other hand, repeatedly focused on why the troops were burning the qurans, when no other station would. it wasnt some racist hate group within our military that just felt like burning religous books one day. i picked this example because it was one of the bigger examples in which you could clearly see the divide between the liberal and conservative news stations. the liberal stations solely focused on how bad the idea was for our soldiers burning their qurans were. fox news reported on how that the qurans were filled with anti-American slurs, to the point that the books were unreadable, and how the soldiers had permission from their general to burn the books.

baseballplyrmvp
08-20-2012, 09:56 AM
I don't think you are trying to say a jerk like Maher is a journalist to be taken seriously, are you?

not to mention that maher and stewart are both acknowledged democrats.

i occasionally watch their shows too mors, and even though its supposed to be satirical in nature, there are far more shots taken at republicans than what there are democrats. they may be comedians, but every shot they take at a politician is a calculated move.

AustinWolv
08-20-2012, 10:02 AM
But I enjoy that you have to remind yourself of it whenever you agree with me
Because I'm still confused how you are basically normal, not delusional like the majority of O$U fans. Still convinced that you are a closet Michigan fan because of that, but just can't reveal it due to your upbringing, family fallout, etc. :P

morsdraconis
08-20-2012, 12:51 PM
This thread is why I don't talk about politics with people. I look at you people and think "How the fuck can you think this?!"

steelerfan
08-20-2012, 01:02 PM
This thread is why I don't talk about politics with people. I look at you people and think "How the fuck can you think this?!"

Exactly.

The old saying for bars is that you don't talk about politics or religion. The same, generally, should apply anywhere you have a variety of people with varying backgrounds and perspectives. It never ceases to amaze me when people here try to make every discussion into a political ad for their group of choice. :fp:

CLW
08-20-2012, 03:09 PM

Think of them as an interest group. Both sides have them but the press and entertainers like Maher are only interested in the ones on the right.

As noted above Super PACs are basically groups that enjoy certain tax advantages b/c they spend $ on political advertising.

Short History

1. Congress in the 1940s (all times are approx b/c I'm too lasy to look it up) BANNED $ donations by Unions and Corporations. (IMHO this is where it all went wrong as Unions; Corporations; People shoudl be able to spend their/its money however it sees fit and has a right to do so under the U.S. Constitution i.e. Free Speech).

2. The Unions (and probably some cors as well but I think it was largely a labor movement issue) tried to work around this act by creating PACs

3. 1970s Congress passes law issuing rules/regs limiting how much can be given to a PAC and again prohibiting Corps/Unions from donating "directly" (again a blatant violation of Free Speech)

4. 2010 U.S. Supreme Court strikes down some of these 1970s rules/regs on Unions AND Corps.

In sum, PACs are a creature created because the Federal Government has limited the Free Speech rights of its citizens. If it weren't for these completely unconstitutional rules/regs people would be able to donate directly to the candidate of his/her choice. Instead we have this F'd up system where each side has a proxy war of PACs and candidates can deny being responsible for the ads. (Obama has former Obama people running "his" PACs and Romney is the same).

Its a COMPLETE AND UTTER joke but one that was 100% preventable if the Government stopped violating people's right to speech.

Take for example how ticked we all get over the frivolousness of lawsuits today. Most politicians are lawyers, most judges were lawyers, politicians make the laws......they want these lawsuits, it is how they get paid. CLW can fact check me here but I think the last statistic I saw was over 65% of attorneys are Democrats. Then they just stack the jury with the bitter and envious that have been trained to hate the 1% and viola you can see where and WHY we are where we are:(.

I've never really seen any hard studies but I'd be shocked if it wasn't higher than the % you cite. There are a whole host of reasons for this (too many to go on for this thread as it will be derailed more than it already is). Safe to say that the VAST MAJORITY of lawyers are liberals and the few conservatives in the legal profession are either (1) one of the minority of conservative jurists within the system or (2) have given up all hope as the cancer has spread to the point where it is inoperable from within and short of blowing the system up from the outside (i.e. tort reform legislation from State Legislatures/Congress)

skipwondah33
08-20-2012, 03:17 PM
Exactly.

The old saying for bars is that you don't talk about politics or religion. The same, generally, should apply anywhere you have a variety of people with varying backgrounds and perspectives. It never ceases to amaze me when people here try to make every discussion into a political ad for their group of choice. :fp:+1

CLW
08-20-2012, 03:29 PM
+1

Or better yet if you don't want to talk/read about politics/policy you could just avoid threads where it is clear said topics will be discussed?

Now back to the topic at hand:

http://youtu.be/CZ-4gnNz0vc?hd=1

morsdraconis
08-20-2012, 03:38 PM
You're not talking about policy. You're spouting right wing insanity.

CLW
08-20-2012, 03:42 PM
You're not talking about policy. You're spouting right wing insanity.

See title of thread: Right Wing "Propoganda" Thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5700-Right-Wing-quot-Propoganda-quot-Thread/page3)

Your free to start a Communists Manifesto Thread. :nod:

Just sayin'

morsdraconis
08-20-2012, 04:03 PM
See title of thread: Right Wing "Propoganda" Thread (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?5700-Right-Wing-quot-Propoganda-quot-Thread/page3)

Your free to start a Communists Manifesto Thread. :nod:

Just sayin'

And... that's why talking politics is useless.

souljahbill
08-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I don't think this thread is really about discussing politics. This thread is the board's Republican National Convention where all the righties can talk about the downfall of America due to the lefties.

CLW
08-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Figured with the election comin' up we TGT right wingers could post all of our right wing "propoganda" to share/enjoy. All you Commies GTFO of this thread! :nod:

I'll start with something pretty funny that came out today from the RNC:

http://youtu.be/KjGXKD91Gtk

And... that's why talking politics is useless.

Yet you keep "talking politics"?

Yeah, I don't think this thread is really about discussing politics. This thread is the board's Republican National Convention where all the righties can talk about the downfall of America due to the lefties.

Your right see the 1st post above outlining the general idea of the thread. I bolded the key portion in case anyone had any doubts. If TGT's lefties want a thread they can start one. In fact, just in case the left here at TGT is incapable of starting a thread I'll start one for them. :nod:

SCClassof93
08-20-2012, 04:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIcDdWgBELY&feature=related

SCClassof93
08-20-2012, 04:47 PM
"Negative rights":fp:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkpdNtTgQNM

skipwondah33
08-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Or better yet if you don't want to talk/read about politics/policy you could just avoid threads where it is clear said topics will be discussed?

Now back to the topic at hand:

http://youtu.be/CZ-4gnNz0vc?hd=1

Just figured it would be typical bashing without facts or other solutions.

The commercials on every other hour are enough for that

JeffHCross
08-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Because I'm still confused how you are basically normal, not delusional like the majority of O$U fans. Still convinced that you are a closet Michigan fan because of that, but just can't reveal it due to your upbringing, family fallout, etc. :PMuck Fichigan.

1. Congress in the 1940s (all times are approx b/c I'm too lasy to look it up) BANNED $ donations by Unions and Corporations. (IMHO this is where it all went wrong as Unions; Corporations; People shoudl be able to spend their/its money however it sees fit and has a right to do so under the U.S. Constitution i.e. Free Speech).This is a completely uneducated guess, but by chance was this ban around the same time as McCarthy? Because the two would make sense together ... banning unions (thought to be very communist, especially at the time) and a very anti-Communist post-WWII sentiment.

CLW
08-20-2012, 10:24 PM
Muck Fichigan.

This is a completely uneducated guess, but by chance was this ban around the same time as McCarthy? Because the two would make sense together ... banning unions (thought to be very communist, especially at the time) and a very anti-Communist post-WWII sentiment.

Probably close to that time period. I seem to recall it being put into a larger labor bill (Taft-Hartley?). If I am right it was part of a bill that added unfair labor practice charges on unions. Prior to the bill only an employer could be guilty of "unfair employment" practices. So in theory it added some "balance" to the NLRA/labor laws in the country. In fact, I think it created the ability for states to enact "right to work" laws instead of unions forcing "slavery" upon those who need a job but did not/do not want to join a union.

JeffHCross
08-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Probably close to that time period. I seem to recall it being put into a larger labor bill (Taft-Hartley?). If I am right it was part of a bill that added unfair labor practice charges on unions.Yep, that was it. The two were definitely linked.

The amendments required union leaders to file affidavits with the United States Department of Labor declaring that they were not supporters of the Communist Party and had no relationship with any organization seeking the "overthrow of the United States government by force or by any illegal or unconstitutional means" as a condition to participating in NLRB proceedings. Just over a year after Taft-Hartley passed, eighty-one thousand (81,000) union officers from nearly 120 unions had filed the required affidavitsWhile I do think Taft-Hartley may have gone a little overboard, in so much as limiting free speech, I also understand that the unions had gone into overdrive in the late 40s and were being more disruptive than beneficial.

steelerfan
08-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Abortion is murder.

Deuce
08-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Abortion is murder.

What if the fetus is Muslim? ...then it's just war, right?

CLW
08-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Yep, that was it. The two were definitely linked.
While I do think Taft-Hartley may have gone a little overboard, in so much as limiting free speech, I also understand that the unions had gone into overdrive in the late 40s and were being more disruptive than beneficial.

Yeah Unions were much more of a disruptive force back then than they are now. However, I've always felt the NLRA was bad policy then and then you just double down with another wrong to correct a previous wrong which inevitably leaves a mess. Instead of just repealing the NLRA they compound the problem by adding on more regs and bigger government governing a completely private transaction.

AustinWolv
08-21-2012, 11:40 AM
You are saying the fetus has already made a conscious decision about what religion to follow?

Deuce
08-21-2012, 11:43 AM
You are saying the fetus has already made a conscious decision about what religion to follow?

Ha ha...I realize you don't know me but I was making a stupid joke. Should have used a ;)

steelerfan
08-21-2012, 11:44 AM

See my post in the Left Wing thread about god. ;)

jaymo76
08-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Okay righties, give me your HONEST opinion on the Akin comments. Surely we must agree this guy is out to lunch?

CLW
08-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Okay righties, give me your HONEST opinion on the Akin comments. Surely we must agree this guy is out to lunch?

Akin made a VERY inartful/dumb statement and is NOT intelligent enough to immediately recognize that and correct what he said. I should note that his statement isn't as "dumb" as he is being made out to be:

#1 - Noone can deny that some (a very small %) women lie about being raped - if a woman lies about being raped it can hardly be considered to be "legitimate" - i cannot imagine anyone supporting a concept of if a woman says she was raped there can be no defense and the man in question is immediately sentenced to prison without being provided his right to defend himself in a court of law.

#2 - A guy on his 18th birthday has consensual sex with his 17 year old girlfriend (who doesn't want to press charges) is a rape in many/most states but some would question the "legitimacy" of whether such actions is a "real rape"

#3 - My wife (OBGYN) has indicated to me that most M.D.s believe that "stress" can/could cause a woman to miscarry and/or make a woman incapable of conceiving a child (its obviously not 100% nothing ever is in medicine/the body -- interestingly there are a TON of unanswered questions when it comes to fertility) - rape is OBVIOUSLY a very stressful occurrence and so its not entirely impossible that a woman's body would either miscarry the child due to being stressed and/or not ovulate b/c of that stress however its not entirely impossible that she could still get pregnant despite the stress either. In sum, M.D.s can only provide some "guesses" on these things.

#4 - Despite #1 and #2 and #3 above the liberals pounced acting insane (they are great at it) despite his position being a fairly standard Conservative opinion (I'd have to check but I'd be shocked if the actual position of the candidate - no abortion other than life of the mother - was any different from the Party's official platform position since Roe v. Wade)

Here is the portion of the interview at issue:

Q1: On abortion, you’ve been pro-life your entire career.

A1: Yeah.

Q2: You’ve been very staunchly pro-life. Are there any circumstances in your mind in which abortion should be legal?

A2: Well, I think that sometimes people talk about life of the mother as a situation, Charles. And in my sense, one of the foundational things America is built on is a respect for life. So I would say you optimize life. So, for instance, a woman has a tubal pregnancy or something. Well, technically by my understanding life begins at conception, so you technically had conception. But the child doesn’t have a chance and will soon kill a mother, okay? So I would say in those kinds of situations, you try to optimize life.

But, you know, my case in this, Charles, has been even if you sort of separate a little the whole abortion question out, one of the things I love about this country is the fact that Americans do consider life really important.

And it’s not because of some theoretical thing – you’re on a talk show and somebody asks you about it – but you have Sept. 11 and you’ve got these guys that are running into a building that’s about to collapse. They find somebody in a wheelchair. They never checked their ID or anything like that or whether they’re important. They grab them and get them to safety, and they run back and get another one.

Same kind of thing that we saw – Ollie North has some footage. You know, he’s been right there in the front with cameras taking footage. This is over in Iraq. And there’s a Marine – a big guy, and he’s got this guy who’s wounded over his shoulder and he’s running. The bullets are flying around. And there is a cameraman in a safe position saying, ‘Hey, that guy’ – and the guy’s fatigues are just up and you can see that this is an Iraqi citizen. This isn’t the U.S. soldier. Says, ‘Hey, that’s an Iraqi citizen. Why are you risking your life there?’ This Marine turns around and he looks straight into that guy’s camera and he said, ‘Because that’s what we do.'

And that spirit of America, I think, is so important for us to protect that idea of the importance of all of us.

Q3: Okay, so if an abortion can be considered in the case of, say, tubal pregnancy or something like that, what about in the case of rape? Should it be legal or not?”

A3: “Well, you know, uh, people always want to try to make that as one of those things, ‘Well, how do you – how do you slice this particularly tough sort of ethical question.’
“It seems to me, first of all, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.
“But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something. You know, I think there should be some punishment but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.”

Leaving out A3's inartful statements (you can tell he is mumbling and reaching for how to answer the question with the uhs; etc...) That is 100% "conservative" thought on the issue (excluding some libertarians who disagree with the premise on when life begins).

Had it been me as candidate for the senate seat in MO:

Obviously, that is a HORRIFIC situation for anyone to be in and we should help these women who are victims of such a heinous crime and to punish the wrongdoer to the fullest extent of the law. THANKFULLY, there are VERY FEW of these cases reported each year. However, life begins at conception. As such, the child that has been conceived has done NOTHING wrong and thus has the right to life under our Constitution UNLESS as I previously mentioned his/her life threatens to or will harm the right of the mother to her right to life.

Had he given the answer outlined above he'd be in 0 hot water and in all likelihood be the next senator from the state of Missouri. Unfortunately, he didn't answer the question artfully and should have been prepared to do so when going in front of a liberal questioner.

souljahbill
08-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Why is asking about abortion a liberal question?

CLW
08-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Why is asking about abortion a liberal question?

It's not in and of itself but a liberal ALWAYS asks the questions of (1) life and (2) rape to a Conservative. They do this because they believe the #s show that the majority of Americans believe that those two exceptions are supported by a majority of the people and thus they can "trap" them and paint them as "extreme" or turn off Conservatives if the person concedes the "point".

However, you NEVER have that same reporter ask Obama for example (1) Do you support "choice" 5 seconds (or insert some other relatively close time to the due date) prior to delivery; (2) Do you support "choice" if the woman wants a blond hair blue eyed baby and the fetus will not be one?; (3) Do you support choice if the child would live a normal/healthy life but for some sort of "minor" physical deformity?; (4) Do you support choice if the woman doesn't want to have a healthy but mentally handicapped (in some form or another) child?; (5) Do you support choice when it involves pulling out the baby's legs from the mother's vagina; cracking his/her skull; and sucking out his/her brains?

Maybe I missed them but I've NEVER seen a canidate on the Left have to answer these questions.

If/when the liberal media starts asking the above questions to liberals (ESPECIALLY #4) then I'll say the opposite questions to Conservatives are legitimate/fair.

CLW
08-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Perhaps the next "Stimulus" package will include spending $500K for the TGT left-wing propoganda thread with some commercials?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/21/stimulus-funds-spent-obama-ads-olbermann-maddow/

morsdraconis
08-22-2012, 07:42 AM
Perhaps the next "Stimulus" package will include spending $500K for the TGT left-wing propoganda thread with some commercials?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/21/stimulus-funds-spent-obama-ads-olbermann-maddow/

Of course you post the most republican biased paper in the freakin' world. Just reading the utterly stupid comments to that article is all I need to know about it's "readers". :fp:

souljahbill
08-22-2012, 08:31 AM
It's the Right Wing Propaganda thread. I would expect most sources in this thread to be slanted to the right.

baseballplyrmvp
08-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Of course you post the most republican biased paper in the freakin' world. Just reading the utterly stupid comments to that article is all I need to know about it's "readers". :fp:

mors, you've made your point already. no reason to keep being a troll. so show some self restraint and just stop looking/reading the stuff in this thread.

CLW
08-22-2012, 10:05 AM

It's the Right Wing Propaganda thread. I would expect most sources in this thread to be slanted to the right.

mors, you've made your point already. no reason to keep being a troll. so show some self restraint and just stop looking/reading the stuff in this thread.

He cannot do it because he is a liberal and feels the need to CONTROL EVERYTHING. I'd note that he doesn't attack the article for the truth of the matter asserted. Rather he simply says its a conservative source b/c apparently nothing from a conservative source could possibly be true. :nod:

souljahbill
08-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Does anyone here watch HBO's show The Newsroom?

morsdraconis
08-22-2012, 10:54 AM
He cannot do it because he is a liberal and feels the need to CONTROL EVERYTHING. I'd note that he doesn't attack the article for the truth of the matter asserted. Rather he simply says its a conservative source b/c apparently nothing from a conservative source could possibly be true. :nod:

How about I didn't want to take the time to look at an article that talks about things that happened 3 YEARS AGO and it wasn't for ads for Obama, it was ads for Job Corps? Never let facts get in the way of a good story though so I thought I'd just not waste my time.

souljahbill
08-22-2012, 11:31 AM
:popcorn:

CLW
08-22-2012, 11:39 AM
NOW the CBO is conspiring with the "most republican biased paper in the freakin' world." No $1,100,000,000,000.00+ deficits for 4 straight years to see here. Carry along. :nod:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/22/cbo-feds-flirting-double-dip-recession/ (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/22/cbo-feds-flirting-double-dip-recession/)

AustinWolv
08-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Don't worry, CLW, Change2.0 will fix it.

{rolling eyes}

CLW
08-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Ah we now know one of those "extra" 9 states that ONLY The One knows about O-I-H-O?

http://p.twimg.com/A06NYTUCcAA3MsR.jpg

JeffHCross
08-22-2012, 06:53 PM
He cannot do it because he is a liberal and feels the need to CONTROL EVERYTHING.Stop :no_bait:ing. Not helping!

Ah we now know one of those "extra" 9 states that ONLY The One knows about O-I-H-O?CLW, do what you do best. Start from the right ;)

CLW
08-24-2012, 12:28 PM
NOONE has ever asked Romney for his birth certificate! :nod:

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/08/24/noone-has-asked-to-see-my-birth-cert

CLW
08-24-2012, 03:18 PM
http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/electoral-college-png1-300x192.jpg

:Colorado: professor forecast for 2012 election. Perfect on predicting elections since invented in 1980 and 90% correct in predicting the states.

That map lookin' good to me. Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm! :nod:

ram29jackson
08-24-2012, 04:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGU9TI83AuQ

CLW
08-24-2012, 05:48 PM
That documentary looks like it will be #1 at the box office. :nod:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/first-box-office-anti-obama-movie-1/

gschwendt
08-27-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm not a big political guy... I'm mostly a fence straddler with leanings to Republican. So out of curiosity, I took the I Side With (http://www.isidewith.com/presidential-election-quiz) quiz and in my mind I pretty much thought this way anyway but here's my results.

http://imgs.isidewith.com/results-image/64521308.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
08-27-2012, 10:19 AM
lol. my parents would be proud.

http://imgs.isidewith.com/results-image/64564748.jpg

morsdraconis
08-27-2012, 10:35 AM
I took that quiz (which is QUITE good btw) and got these results which weren't surprising to me besides the fact that I had no idea who Jill Stein was until after the quiz:

http://imgs.isidewith.com/results-image/64592477.jpg

souljahbill
08-27-2012, 10:38 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/a6937820-9492-5606.jpg

*runs*

CLW
08-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Apparently I need to rethink 19% of my stances. :fp:

http://imgs.isidewith.com/results-image/64905938.jpg

CLW
08-27-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm not a big political guy... I'm mostly a fence straddler with leanings to Republican. So out of curiosity, I took the I Side With (http://www.isidewith.com/presidential-election-quiz) quiz and in my mind I pretty much thought this way anyway but here's my results.

http://imgs.isidewith.com/results-image/64521308.jpg

Actually, I think the "interesting" part of politics is how "your" wing of the GOP (libertarian / libertarian leaning) mixes with my "wing" of the party. Obviously we agree approx 3/4 of the time with each other but that 1/4 of the time is the rub and will be interesting to see which side eventually controls the majority of the party. I happen to think my side will probably lose out in the end but it will probably be another 3-4 Presidential cycles before that happens.

SCClassof93
08-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Really need to nuance these questions more. I would be far more Libertarian if I knew the responsibility for any of these issues went to the people and not the government.

http://imgs.isidewith.com/results-image/64975979.jpg

CLW
08-27-2012, 02:36 PM
Really need to nuance these questions more. I would be far more Libertarian if I knew the responsibility for any of these issues went to the people and not the government.

Yeah it's really not great on deciding between different "wings" of parties.

SCClassof93
08-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Yeah it's really not great on deciding between different "wings" of parties.

My Obama % is smaller than yours :P

souljahbill
08-27-2012, 02:41 PM
To be fair, I'm very liberal when it comes to social issues. Pro-choice, pro-*** marriage, stuff like that. What other people do is none of my business so I say give them their rights and let them go on about their business.

CLW
08-27-2012, 02:43 PM
My Obama % is smaller than yours :P

LMAO I went back to check and it said "no major issues" I agreed with The Mesiah on. It must be issues where he claims to be conservative but will "evolve" at a date yet to be determined to "save him" politically. (see *** marriage)

Oh and I'd note that you are FOUR TIMES the DEMOCRAT/LIBERAL than I am! :nod:

SCClassof93
08-27-2012, 02:57 PM
LMAO I went back to check and it said "no major issues" I agreed with The Mesiah on. It must be issues where he claims to be conservative but will "evolve" at a date yet to be determined to "save him" politically. (see *** marriage)

Oh and I'd note that you are FOUR TIMES the DEMOCRAT/LIBERAL than I am! :nod:

Yeah, I saw that, no clue where that came from??? I see we agree on the green loons though :D

CLW
08-27-2012, 03:13 PM
Yeah, I saw that, no clue where that came from??? I see we agree on the green loons though :D

I respect the Greenies (just disagree with them on virtually EVERYTHING). IMHO its really what most the Democrats truly believe but know t he American public isn't there yet so they wait to "evolve".

CLW
08-28-2012, 04:41 PM
President Civility becomes 1st sitting President in modern history to campaign during other party's convention.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/80306.html?hp=t1_3 (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/80306.html?hp=t1_3)

Does ANYONE really think this guy can govern and find that oh so loved "compromise" when he acts like a complete and utter jerk all of the time?

JeffHCross
08-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Does ANYONE really think this guy can govern and find that oh so loved "compromise" when he every politician, on both sides acts like a complete and utter jerk all of the time?Fixed.

Really, CLW?

baseballplyrmvp
08-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Does ANYONE really think this guy can govern and find that oh so loved "compromise" when he acts like a complete and utter jerk all of the time?

he's just a failure on all levels. he hasnt followed through with any of the promises he made back in 08. he hasnt delivered any "hope" or "change" to our lives. he's made things worse, as far as i'm concerned. unemployment saw record highs during his tenure and is still a huge problem in this country. gas prices have gone up ever since he took office. the cost of living has continued to go up. i'm only 25 and i can see all of this. he's changed our country for the worse, imo.

CLW
08-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Fixed.

Really, CLW?

I meant EVERY SINGLE WORD. BHO simply cannot lead (he's a FUCKING LOSER) and if he is re-elected (a 50/50 proposition at this point) America will see Great Depression 2.0 as we will go off the fiscal cliff and into oblivion which will take a generation to dig ourselves out of.

Even if The One survives he most likely will still have a Republican House and either a Republican Senate or at least enough Republicans to filibuster EVERYTHING that SOB wants to do.

The American people can vote to go into basically a civil war or they can see what the "other guy" is capable of doing. It's their call and time will tell.

JeffHCross
08-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Wow ...

All I meant was that isn't even the most jerk-ish thing a politician has done recently. There's plenty to go on both sides.

CLW
08-29-2012, 06:36 AM
Wow ...

All I meant was that isn't even the most jerk-ish thing a politician has done recently. There's plenty to go on both sides.

Sure there is but the POTUS is supposed to be THE LEADER. Obama couldn't lead a pack of cub scouts. Moreover, I'm SICK AND TIRED of how Obama gets to skirt on his rhetoric of kum ba yah and can't we all just get along garbage while in reality he is nothing more than a far left partisan hack.

W didn't go around during Kerry's convention running his mouth. As I recall he went to his ranch in TX and layed low and allowed Kerry to get his message out. That is the dignified thing to do. Similarly, you rarely (if ever) see W criticize Obama for anything. Rather he lays low and does charity work and keeps out of the spotlight.

I'd bet my life saving that if Obama loses he's going to act like a cry baby and criticize Bush; Romney; and all the "racists" in America.

CLW
08-29-2012, 09:34 AM
I noticed a few of you appear to be more of the "Ron Paul" win of the GOP. I agree with Dr. Paul on a # of issues (but disagree on others). Had he won the nomination I would have supported him 100%. However, I don't understand why many Paul supporters refuse to just act like a bunch of idiots and will likely not vote in November giving Obama a better shot at victory than he should have.

Do any of you feel so..... strongly about Paul that you will either not vote in November or vote for some 3rd party candidate which has 0% chance of winning? If so, why?

Yes Mitt Romney isn't perfect for a "Ron Paul" Republican. However, is he not 1 billion times better than 4 more years of BHO? Mitt wasn't my preferred candidate in the primary but he won fair and square and it's time for all wings of the party to get behind Romney/Ryan.

CLW
08-29-2012, 09:49 AM
http://youtu.be/gwFIEprF_9Y?hd=1

SCClassof93
08-29-2012, 10:01 AM
I noticed a few of you appear to be more of the "Ron Paul" win of the GOP. I agree with Dr. Paul on a # of issues (but disagree on others). Had he won the nomination I would have supported him 100%. However, I don't understand why many Paul supporters refuse to just act like a bunch of idiots and will likely not vote in November giving Obama a better shot at victory than he should have.

Do any of you feel so..... strongly about Paul that you will either not vote in November or vote for some 3rd party candidate which has 0% chance of winning? If so, why?

Yes Mitt Romney isn't perfect for a "Ron Paul" Republican. However, is he not 1 billion times better than 4 more years of BHO? Mitt wasn't my preferred candidate in the primary but he won fair and square and it's time for all wings of the party to get behind Romney/Ryan.

Not really a Paul guy. Like his ideas but feasibility on some of them is a problem in our current government dependency culture. I would vote for Charlie Sheen against Obama/Biden.

SCClassof93
08-29-2012, 10:03 AM
http://youtu.be/gwFIEprF_9Y?hd=1

No one on the left wants to define when person-hood begins. If not at conception, when? When does the 13th/14th amendment apply to you?This is how we get folks at Princeton like Peter Singer teaching people are defined by their function. Makes it easy to euthanize the problems in society like retards and the aged :fp:

baseballplyrmvp
08-29-2012, 10:18 AM

i just cant connect with ron paul. and the same kinda goes for romney as well. but its not a reflection of their policies for me, its just that i dont think they make a connection to the middle class very well. they dont appear to be the "average joe" that a lot of America is. the equalizer though, of what i just said, is romney's vp, paul ryan. i like him a lot more than what i do romney.

SCClassof93
08-29-2012, 10:22 AM
i just cant connect with ron paul. and the same kinda goes for romney as well. but its not a reflection of their policies for me, its just that i dont think they make a connection to the middle class very well. they dont appear to be the "average joe" that a lot of America is. the equalizer though, of what i just said, is romney's vp, paul ryan. i like him a lot more than what i do romney.

I agree, but I don't expect to "connect" with any of them. Ideology is everything. Sadly, neither party represents a strong individualistic position, but the Democrats are much farther down the collectivist road.

CLW
08-29-2012, 10:34 AM
No one on the left wants to define when person-hood begins. If not at conception, when? When does the 13th/14th amendment apply to you?This is how we get folks at Princeton like Peter Singer teaching people are defined by their function. Makes it easy to euthanize the problems in society like retards and the aged :fp:

It's above their Harvard educated pay-grade. :nod:

JeffHCross
08-29-2012, 06:30 PM
W didn't go around during Kerry's convention running his mouth. As I recall he went to his ranch in TX and layed low and allowed Kerry to get his message out. That is the dignified thing to do.Dignified ... and W ... never thought I'd see that in the same paragraph (and be correct).

I agree, that is the dignified thing to do. I also think McCain and Obama should have both stayed away from campaigning during each other's convention in 2008 (which the article you linked mentions). I also think the campaign shouldn't start 2+ years before the election. But in all the other ass-hattery that's going around Washington DC and American politics right now, it's par for the course, unfortunately.

And, personally, out of everything stupid and out of line I've seen recently ... Obama campaigning during the convention is barely a blip on my radar. I won't see any coverage of it, and if you hadn't mentioned it I'd be none the wiser. I wasn't aware that either Obama or McCain had campaigned during the conventions in 2008, and I was actually paying attention then (not so much now). I do agree that POTUS should be a leader ... but I also think that of those that have "Leader" (e.g. Majority Leader, Minority Leader) in their title, and I don't see much leadership from "the leadership" on either side anymore.

However, I don't understand why many Paul supporters refuse to just act like a bunch of idiots and will likely not vote in November giving Obama a better shot at victory than he should have.

Do any of you feel so..... strongly about Paul that you will either not vote in November or vote for some 3rd party candidate which has 0% chance of winning? If so, why?I am not a Paul supporter, so I'm not really who you're asking this to ... but I am considering voting for a 3rd-party candidate. It's not simply about who's most likely to win ... thinking that way is the only reason, according to studies of exit poll and public opinion poll data, that Ross Perot was not victorious in ... I believe it was 1992. The election isn't about voting for "the candidate most likely to win who matches most of your views". At least not in my eyes. Voting for president should be the same as voting for any other office ... who do you want to win. If you just want a Republican to win -- sure, vote for Romney. But if you hold certain views that don't match with Romney (or, dare say, you think he might threaten), then voting for Romney wouldn't necessarily be in your best interest.

If your sole goal is to keep Obama out of office, it's simple. Just like if my sole goal was to keep Romney/Ryan or McCain/Palin out of office, it would be simple for me. But that's not my primary goal. It's why I don't vote straight party.

No one on the left wants to define when person-hood begins.I don't think certain people are deserving of "person-hood" status even when they're adults ;) Where's Natural Selection when you need it?

JeffHCross
08-30-2012, 08:12 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/post/the-daily-show-thickest-with-super-democrats-espn-college-football-densest-in-ultra-conservatives-says-study/2012/08/29/7bd14b24-f1d2-11e1-adc6-87dfa8eff430_blog.html

SCClassof93
08-30-2012, 09:36 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/post/the-daily-show-thickest-with-super-democrats-espn-college-football-densest-in-ultra-conservatives-says-study/2012/08/29/7bd14b24-f1d2-11e1-adc6-87dfa8eff430_blog.html

So Conservatives like shows that have some emphasis on rules, standards, competition and winners. Democrats like shows that laugh and ridicule rules, standards, competition and winners :D

JeffHCross
08-30-2012, 10:03 AM
That's one interpretation :D

CLW
08-30-2012, 02:02 PM

So.... WTF are all the Commies doing here this being a website dedicated to college football gaming? :smh:

Time to install a perma-ban on the commies at TGT so that Mitt Romney can advertise to us! :nod:

CLW
08-30-2012, 04:54 PM
In speech tonight, Romney to FINALLY admit for the media that Conservatives plan to: (1) re-institute slavery and (2) declare that all women present are now prisoners of WAR!

About damn time. I've personally been tired of hiding my true feelings for a LONG time!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2012/08/30/Exclusive-MSM-Preview-of-Romney-s-Speech-to-Republican-National-Convention

:D

morsdraconis
08-31-2012, 05:18 AM
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012/08/29/mitt-romney-tells-533-lies-in-30-weeks-steve-benen-documents-them/

Funny how the people that he should be going for are the ones that are documenting the lies that he's telling people.

baseballplyrmvp
08-31-2012, 09:54 AM
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2012/08/29/mitt-romney-tells-533-lies-in-30-weeks-steve-benen-documents-them/

Funny how the people that he should be going for are the ones that are documenting the lies that he's telling people.

not really. conservatives have usually locked down the religous sector of the county, but there have always been religous groups that have opposed the republican choice for president.

whats really funny though....is that no one jumps on the lies that obama has told. he built his whole campaign on the promises of hope and change for the country, and he's only given people less hope and changed it for the worse. he's been a failure as a president. it doesnt matter who's running for president next....anyone is a better choice than obama.

CLW
08-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Obama: I'll cut the deficit in 1/2 by the end of my 1st term - RULING: LIE!!!

Obama: I'll close Gitmo - RULING: LIE!!!

Obama: Pass my "stimulus" bill and unemployment will be 5% by the end of my first term and NEVER go above 8% after it is passed - RULING: LIE!!!

Obama: Pass Obamacare and your health insurance prices will go down after it is passed - RULING LIE!!!

Obama: I believe marriage is between one man and one woman - RULING LIE!!!

Etc...

gschwendt
08-31-2012, 10:19 AM
'Honey Boo Boo' ratings top Republican National Convention (http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2012/08/30/13575475-honey-boo-boo-ratings-top-republican-national-convention?lite) :fp:

This is what's wrong with this country... I'm not going to pretend like I wanted the RNC but it's absurd that people would choose to watch Honey Boo Boo whatsoever.

SmoothPancakes
08-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Obama: I'll cut the deficit in 1/2 by the end of my 1st term - RULING: LIE!!!

Obama: I'll close Gitmo - RULING: LIE!!!

Obama: Pass my "stimulus" bill and unemployment will be 5% by the end of my first term and NEVER go above 8% after it is passed - RULING: LIE!!!

Obama: Pass Obamacare and your health insurance prices will go down after it is passed - RULING LIE!!!

Obama: I believe marriage is between one man and one woman - RULING LIE!!!

Etc...

Need I list all the lies and false claims in the convention speeches alone by Romney and Ryan?

SCClassof93
08-31-2012, 06:48 PM
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2012/1/11/ede63167-d899-45bc-9f80-9756d09d0853.jpeg

baseballplyrmvp
08-31-2012, 08:55 PM
Need I list all the lies and false claims in the convention speeches alone by Romney and Ryan?

on stuff they will do when they're elected or on stuff about how obama has made our country so much better?

(that second option was severe sarcasm btw)

JeffHCross
09-03-2012, 10:29 PM
Need I list all the lies and false claims in the convention speeches alone by Romney and Ryan?You sir, have misunderstood the point of this thread. Such a left-wing-biased reality (true as it may be ;)) does not belong in this thread. Such a list will clearly need to be posted into the Left Wing Propaganda thread.

:D :D :D

SCClassof93
09-04-2012, 01:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1o0ooNn8Qc&feature=player_embedded

morsdraconis
09-04-2012, 03:27 PM
That video is incredibly dumb and not true (even if it is trying to be funny) (except for the fact that Byrd used to be a clansman, but I don't like him either - he's not intouch with what WV as a state needs anymore at all).

CLW
09-04-2012, 04:06 PM
LOVE me some Gov't dependent EBT 46,370,000 people on food stamps FTW!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/record-46-million-americans-food-200000079.html;_ylt=AlFUXJOBZNQF1inHkogBG3uiuYdG;_ ylu=X3oDMTQ4dmhraDRnBG1pdANDTkJDIFRvcCBTdG9yaWVzBH BrZwNkMTVmZTEzMC1kNzk4LTM4YzktYjdmYS1lODFlOWYxMDY1 YWQEcG9zAzIEc2VjA01lZGlhQkxpc3RNaXhlZExQQ0FUZW1wBH ZlcgM0YzIyMzk0MS1mNmNmLTExZTEtYjM3ZS04MTA0YzI3NWE5 Yjg-;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3 (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/record-46-million-americans-food-200000079.html;_ylt=AlFUXJOBZNQF1inHkogBG3uiuYdG;_ ylu=X3oDMTQ4dmhraDRnBG1pdANDTkJDIFRvcCBTdG9yaWVzBH BrZwNkMTVmZTEzMC1kNzk4LTM4YzktYjdmYS1lODFlOWYxMDY1 YWQEcG9zAzIEc2VjA01lZGlhQkxpc3RNaXhlZExQQ0FUZW1wBH ZlcgM0YzIyMzk0MS1mNmNmLTExZTEtYjM3ZS04MTA0YzI3NWE5 Yjg-;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3)

CLW
09-04-2012, 04:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1o0ooNn8Qc&feature=player_embedded

That video is incredibly dumb and not true (even if it is trying to be funny) (except for the fact that Byrd used to be a clansman, but I don't like him either - he's not intouch with what WV as a state needs anymore at all).

That video is INCREDIBLY SMART and 100% true. Every one of those "racist" things has been brought up at some point recently.

SCClassof93
09-04-2012, 04:12 PM
LOVE me some Gov't dependent EBT 46,370,000 people on food stamps FTW!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/record-46-million-americans-food-200000079.html;_ylt=AlFUXJOBZNQF1inHkogBG3uiuYdG;_ ylu=X3oDMTQ4dmhraDRnBG1pdANDTkJDIFRvcCBTdG9yaWVzBH BrZwNkMTVmZTEzMC1kNzk4LTM4YzktYjdmYS1lODFlOWYxMDY1 YWQEcG9zAzIEc2VjA01lZGlhQkxpc3RNaXhlZExQQ0FUZW1wBH ZlcgM0YzIyMzk0MS1mNmNmLTExZTEtYjM3ZS04MTA0YzI3NWE5 Yjg-;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3 (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/record-46-million-americans-food-200000079.html;_ylt=AlFUXJOBZNQF1inHkogBG3uiuYdG;_ ylu=X3oDMTQ4dmhraDRnBG1pdANDTkJDIFRvcCBTdG9yaWVzBH BrZwNkMTVmZTEzMC1kNzk4LTM4YzktYjdmYS1lODFlOWYxMDY1 YWQEcG9zAzIEc2VjA01lZGlhQkxpc3RNaXhlZExQQ0FUZW1wBH ZlcgM0YzIyMzk0MS1mNmNmLTExZTEtYjM3ZS04MTA0YzI3NWE5 Yjg-;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3)

You are racist :D

CLW
09-04-2012, 04:14 PM
You are racist :D

:nod: and here's another "racist" chart:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/images/debt16tII.img_assist_custom-640x436.jpg

SCClassof93
09-04-2012, 04:15 PM
:nod: and here's another "racist" chart:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/images/debt16tII.img_assist_custom-640x436.jpg

Facts and truth = more racism :fp:

SCClassof93
09-04-2012, 04:22 PM

Senator Byrd is not in touch with much of anything anymore, he died over two years ago.

JBHuskers
09-04-2012, 04:29 PM

http://i.imgur.com/a76LR.jpg

AustinWolv
09-04-2012, 04:36 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/romney/slogan.asp

SCClassof93
09-04-2012, 04:40 PM
http://www.snopes.com/politics/romney/slogan.asp

You are speaking truth sir....are you a racist :D :deadhorse:

SCClassof93
09-04-2012, 04:41 PM

http://i.imgur.com/a76LR.jpg

Seth Rogen = Liberal Intellectual Titan :D

CLW
09-04-2012, 04:49 PM
Seth Rogen = Liberal Intellectual Titan :D

Yep. That's all the left has left. Their policies have failed so just accuse your opponents of hating: gays; Muslims; Jews; women; Latinos; blacks; teachers; babies; kittens; dogs; birds; etc...

Perhaps Rogen has the solution for the problem we will too be faced with in 5-10 years

http://www.cnbc.com/id/48883704

European Socialism has done NOTHING other than create an entire continent of people who are absolutely incapable of taking care of themselves. Honestly, I'm surprised they can even wipe their own ass at this point without a government official there to help them along the way.

We are headed down this path as roughly 50% of the country has become dependent on Government just to live. Once they get 50+% at the polls regularly kiss this country good bye.

skipwondah33
09-04-2012, 07:48 PM
This was pretty funny when I first seen it many years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIA4__0DIXE&f

CLW
09-05-2012, 06:50 AM
All Hail Big Brother!

http://youtu.be/6gLa9Te8Blw

CLW
09-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Ah yeah the high rollers/1%ers from such "sucksessful" companies like Solyndra gettin' the red carpet treatment at the DNC ya heard?

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/red-carpet-solyndra-figure-democratic-convention/story?id=17150368&singlePage=true#.UEc88tZlSqm

CLW
09-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Belgium bans ALL forms of communication by Republicans (because everything they say is RACIST!!!!)

http://news.yahoo.com/brussels-plans-fine-offensive-language-150515394--abc-news-topstories.html

CLW
09-05-2012, 06:06 PM
After 3 Votes - Democats "Boo" The Almighty God and recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

http://youtu.be/cncbOEoQbOg

SCClassof93
09-05-2012, 06:57 PM
Nothing quite like "democrat" democracy :D

CLW
09-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Nothing quite like "democrat" democracy :D

LMAO it was CLEARLY not 2/3 voice approval by any rational judge and they approve it anyway.

Let me do that again. :nod:

ram29jackson
09-05-2012, 09:08 PM
we live in the most civil, organized dictatorship ever...not a msjority? who cares, pass it any way haaaa.

other countries riot when you do that

JBHuskers
09-05-2012, 09:09 PM
A color commentator for a national convention is like jerking off to porno mags. What's the point when you have YouPorn?

ram29jackson
09-05-2012, 09:11 PM
the LA times, NY times and USA Today have tried not to report this..but theyll have to spin it somehow.

Huffington post did report this.

CLW
09-05-2012, 09:11 PM
LMAO you know it's BAD when the Clinton News Network's own Anderson Cooper says the Dems are living in an "alternate universe" when they claim they had 2/3 voice support for putting God in the platform and recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/09/anderson-cooper-dws-in-alternate-universe-134634.html?hp=r6

SCClassof93
09-06-2012, 09:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07fTsF5BiSM&feature=player_embedded#!

Keep in mind these are delegates :( These are the most bitter, envious, ignorant people....how anyone can support this pathetic group of losers is beyond me :fp:

SCClassof93
09-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Can you imagine the outrage from the national media if a Republican delegate said this last week about the President?? Yet nothing from our national "journalists".
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/freak-out-moment-of-the-democratic-convention-woman-screams-mitt-romney-i-would-like-to-kill-him/

CLW
09-06-2012, 10:08 AM
So I guess I'm not included on a # of fronts (but mostly b/c I'm "racist")

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-september-5-2012/hope-and-change-2---the-party-of-inclusion

AustinWolv
09-06-2012, 10:37 AM
The lamestream media fluffing the DNC is ridiculous.

CLW
09-06-2012, 12:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07fTsF5BiSM&feature=player_embedded#!

Keep in mind these are delegates :( These are the most bitter, envious, ignorant people....how anyone can support this pathetic group of losers is beyond me :fp:

Look its this simple:

#1 Democrats are either: (1) LOSERS or (2) People who CRAVE POWER claiming to represent LOSERS

What you saw was a BRILLIANT piece showing what the "real" Dems (aka the LOSERS in life) believe. Quite simply they are Communists who have absolutely ZERO clue how Communism has done compared to Capitalism. Now if they were actually talented/skilled and were WINNERS in life they'd magically become...... REPUBLICANS :nod:

CLW
09-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Despite being "racist" love me some Allen West! :nod:

http://youtu.be/K5ay6C8oy2w

SCClassof93
09-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Despite being "racist" love me some Allen West! :nod:

http://youtu.be/K5ay6C8oy2w

Yeah, well, Allan West is "racist" too :D

SCClassof93
09-06-2012, 12:48 PM
The lamestream media fluffing the DNC is ridiculous.

:D:nod::sick:

CLW
09-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Clinton may have given a speech for his wife's 16 run last night but today he's out campaigning for Romney/Ryan! :nod:

http://youtu.be/-21wrrmpxzE

AustinWolv
09-06-2012, 01:21 PM
George calls it in regards to the Dem's "arguments and rebuttals" this year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

SCClassof93
09-06-2012, 01:37 PM
George calls it in regards to the Dem's "arguments and rebuttals" this year:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn_PSJsl0LQ

Hmm, trying to find in any intro textbook on epistemology where "belief" determines "truth"......nope can't find it anywhere :D. I wonder if they all "believed" that the moon was made of green cheese if any of them think it would be so :fp:

CLW
09-06-2012, 04:36 PM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/images/sunlight.img_assist_custom-640x390.jpg

SCClassof93
09-06-2012, 04:46 PM
http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/images/sunlight.img_assist_custom-640x390.jpg

CLW
09-06-2012, 06:09 PM
Man not only have the Dems figured out that not only do I hate African-Americans but I want all the Jews slaughtered as well to bring back Jesus for Judgment Day

http://youtu.be/QkOluULXTGw

They are on to our EVIL plans we must stop the dems before they catch on any further!!!!! :nod:

SmoothPancakes
09-06-2012, 08:01 PM
So I have a question. Can anyone explain to me how the hell you go from student loans, to the Holocaust? :confused:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/maryland-politics/post/bartlett-calls-federal-student-loans-unconstitutional-invokes-holocaust/2012/09/06/70dd2974-f842-11e1-8253-3f495ae70650_blog.html#pagebreak

SCClassof93
09-06-2012, 08:08 PM
So I have a question. Can anyone explain to me how the hell you go from student loans, to the Holocaust? :confused:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/maryland-politics/post/bartlett-calls-federal-student-loans-unconstitutional-invokes-holocaust/2012/09/06/70dd2974-f842-11e1-8253-3f495ae70650_blog.html#pagebreak

Have you not heard? Lefties have an extra right, the right to not be offended. One must exercise extreme caution in picking analogies around the "free speech" crowd. If this guy had a "D" next to his name no one would care.

morsdraconis
09-07-2012, 05:14 AM
Have you not heard? Lefties have an extra right, the right to not be offended. One must exercise extreme caution in picking analogies around the "free speech" crowd. If this guy had a "D" next to his name no one would care.

I don't care either way. It's more idiot newspaper "reporters" trying to drum up views by saying something outlandish, just like 99.99999% of what Fox News puts on their station.

CLW
09-07-2012, 08:46 AM
LMAO had Morning Joe on this morning just for grins as I love watching the "spin" for their Messiah from time to time. The jobs report comes out and the idiots and Charlotte SCREAM wildly when they hear the unemployment # went "down". They apparently don't care it went down b/c Obama is so........ BAD .2% of the people just gave up hope and "left the workforce" and thus are no longer "unemployed".

Obama I'll drop the "unemployment rate" by making people give up

Romney I'll drop the "unemployment rate" by creating jobs

CLW
09-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Rush was playing audio from Jimmy Carter's re-election convention speech and it was VIRTUALLY IDENTICAL to Obama's.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm. :nod:

CLW
09-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Paul Ryan OWNS economic policy

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ryan-not-recovery-looks-151008263.html;_ylt=Auvk6FkgbCtESkzoUxWrXY.iuYdG;_ ylu=X3oDMTRwNG5rNWFtBG1pdANGaW5hbmNlIEZQIFRvcCBTdG 9yaWVzIG1peGVkIGxpc3QEcGtnAzhmNmYwNTY4LTdkMDQtM2U2 MS1hYzU3LTU0OTk4ODdjYjZhZgRwb3MDMgRzZWMDTWVkaWFCTG lzdE1peGVkTFBDQVRlbXAEdmVyAzhmMGJiYjIxLWY5MGMtMTFl MS1iMzc4LTQ3YTRjZGY0ZWUxMw--;_ylg=X3oDMTFpNzk0NjhtBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRw c3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod: :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod: :nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod: :nod::infinity:

morsdraconis
09-07-2012, 01:41 PM

souljahbill
09-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Obama I'll drop the "unemployment rate" by making people give up

Romney I'll drop the "unemployment rate" by creating jobs

How exactly does any president, regardless of party, "create" jobs?

CLW
09-07-2012, 03:20 PM
How exactly does any president, regardless of party, "create" jobs?

That's a fair point but a President can create an environment that makes it "easier" or "harder" for the economy to prosper.

Higher taxes, more regulation, hostile attitude toward the private sector = Obama

Lower taxes, less regulation, positive attitude toward the private sector = Romney

Which do you think makes it "easier" to create jobs?

skipwondah33
09-07-2012, 03:32 PM
That easy huh?

CLW
09-07-2012, 03:37 PM
That easy huh?

Yep. :nod:

baseballplyrmvp
09-07-2012, 08:42 PM
That easy huh?

yes. you make it easy for all businesses to become profitable and they will start to hire more people.

CLW
09-10-2012, 12:43 PM
http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/rQKGQoldk_fQlRyzSOgj.Q--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Y2g9MzYwO2NyPTE7Y3c9NjQwO2R4PTA7ZH k9MDtmaT11bGNyb3A7aD0zNTU7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/us.news.abcnews.otus/ap_joe_biden_cruisers_diner_jt_120909_wmain.jpg

Looks like Biden got caught having "relations" with another woman. When will the dems learn? :nod:

bdoughty
09-10-2012, 03:23 PM
There are many reasons to vote for Mitt but none greater than to get Debbie Wasserman Schultz of the airwaves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afIG0Vgd0aY&feature=plcp

CLW
09-10-2012, 03:36 PM
There are many reasons to vote for Mitt but none greater than to get Debbie Wasserman Schultz of the airwaves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afIG0Vgd0aY&feature=plcp

Well I suspect even a Romney/Ryan win wouldn't = a perma ban for DWS as she is likely to win her house seat again if nothing else. Although I hear regardless of the outcome in November she is out as head of the DNC due to her AWFUL performances on the tube. The one where she claims that no one was upset about the God/Jerusalem vote and there was a clear 2/3 support was hilarious. Reminded me of the Iraq propaganda guy claiming no U.S. troops in Baghdad while the tanks are in the background. :nod:

bdoughty
09-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Debbie was the gift from Hillary to Obama that keeps on giving... To Republicans.

Back to those crazy Libs and their unions. Walking on out on the kids.

http://www.suntimes.com/15054902-761/chicago-teachers-strike-for-first-time-in-25-years-contingency-sites-ready-charters-remain-open.html

Vitale said the contract amounted to a 16 percent raise over four years for the average teacher when factoring other increases. And the raises could not be rescinded for lack of funds — which is what happened this past school year, angering teachers and helping to set the stage for Monday’s strike.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/12/how-much-do-chicago-public-school-teachers-make/

Salary figures provided by the Chicago Public Schools show teachers here have the highest average salary of any city in the nation.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/us-department-education-79-chicago-8th-graders-not-proficient-reading

Seventy-nine percent of the 8th graders in the Chicago Public Schools are not grade-level proficient in reading, according to the U.S. Department of Education, and 80 percent are not grade-level proficient in math.

Gotta love those "Chicago Values."

CLW
09-10-2012, 04:05 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/mediaserver/1B349CD1C3CB4B128A3CE36A2AA62011.jpg?h=180&w=490

Man I need to max out my contributions now if the the liberals are seriously going to build a new planet and all go live there! :nod:

punter
09-10-2012, 06:22 PM
I have yet to vote in my lifetime. I guess I've been waiting on a President worth voting for...I guess I'll wait another four years.

souljahbill
09-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Debbie was the gift from Hillary to Obama that keeps on giving... To Republicans.

Back to those crazy Libs and their unions. Walking on out on the kids.

http://www.suntimes.com/15054902-761/chicago-teachers-strike-for-first-time-in-25-years-contingency-sites-ready-charters-remain-open.html

Vitale said the contract amounted to a 16 percent raise over four years for the average teacher when factoring other increases. And the raises could not be rescinded for lack of funds — which is what happened this past school year, angering teachers and helping to set the stage for Monday’s strike.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/12/how-much-do-chicago-public-school-teachers-make/

Salary figures provided by the Chicago Public Schools show teachers here have the highest average salary of any city in the nation.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/us-department-education-79-chicago-8th-graders-not-proficient-reading

Seventy-nine percent of the 8th graders in the Chicago Public Schools are not grade-level proficient in reading, according to the U.S. Department of Education, and 80 percent are not grade-level proficient in math.

Gotta love those "Chicago Values."

Wow!

bdoughty
09-10-2012, 09:01 PM
And Obama will not say one word about it. Does not want to piss off the unions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVyNlJUKgug#ws

bdoughty
09-10-2012, 09:04 PM
One more for the night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rADFnNoS3YM

CLW
09-12-2012, 08:43 AM
http://i.imgur.com/pcOOr.jpg%22

bdoughty
09-13-2012, 08:34 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/revealed-inside-story-of-us-envoys-assassination-8135797.html

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

CLW
09-14-2012, 12:29 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/revealed-inside-story-of-us-envoys-assassination-8135797.html

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.

Yep but the liberal MSM here is NEVER going to report that. Romney needs to turn this into a commercial and just CRUSH Obama with this blunder of Carter proportions.

CLW
09-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Only a matter of time before our Government's debt becomes "junk status"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49037337

bdoughty
09-14-2012, 04:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9Nds0u7WVoE

Yet the attacks started on 9/11. Film was released days earlier and clips for the movies were on youtube as early as July.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/11w6npe.jpg

http://oi47.tinypic.com/34ipxlu.jpg

ram29jackson
09-14-2012, 07:33 PM
who knows...? I can understand if they want to act stupid while doing covert dirty work behind the scenes, its not unheard of.

but any smart person knows this didnt have anything to do with a movie. An Ambassador was raped and murdered on/around 9/11....life is scary enough

CLW
09-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Clinton News Network reporting Obama Administration knew 3 days now before the attacks that their security was not up to snuff.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/15/world/meast/libya-diplomats-warning/index.html?hpt=hp_t2 (http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/15/world/meast/libya-diplomats-warning/index.html?hpt=hp_t2)

CLW
09-17-2012, 09:56 AM
LMAO Yard Sale For Obama

http://www.yardsaleforobama.com/

You CANNOT make this shizzle up.

baseballplyrmvp
09-17-2012, 10:02 AM
LMAO Yard Sale For Obama

http://www.yardsaleforobama.com/

You CANNOT make this shizzle up.

lol at sending obama to space. ya, get him the hell out of this country. :D

CLW
09-17-2012, 10:30 AM
http://youtu.be/bQu2SVFF-cU?hd=1

STOP! OBAMA TIME! :nod:

CLW
09-17-2012, 05:51 PM
http://youtu.be/j8nLVNQxtDM?hd=1

bdoughty
09-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Anyone here own a Chevy Volt?

http://www.bailoutcost.com/

ram29jackson
09-17-2012, 09:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pcOOr.jpg%22

what exactly is that ?

CLW
09-17-2012, 09:44 PM
what exactly is that ?

The deceased Ambassador being carried through the streets as a trophy. Not sure if this was before or after he was sodomized.

CLW
09-19-2012, 06:31 AM
http://youtu.be/ge3aGJfDSg4

souljahbill
09-19-2012, 07:01 AM
I know the guys here are hardline "I vote Republican, no matter what" type of guys but what do you guys really think about Romney? Honestly. Don't flip it into "Anyone is better then Obama" because I'm not asking about Obama. Like, do you guys feel he's the best the party has to offer or he's just the best the Republicans can offer at the moment and saving the REAL candidate for next election? What do y'all think about this current gaffe (and please no "liberal media" spin either).

Edit: FYI, I'm no democrat. I'm the coveted Independent swing-vote.

SCClassof93
09-19-2012, 07:49 AM
I know the guys here are hardline "I vote Republican, no matter what" type of guys but what do you guys really think about Romney? Honestly. Don't flip it into "Anyone is better then Obama" because I'm not asking about Obama. Like, do you guys feel he's the best the party has to offer or he's just the best the Republicans can offer at the moment and saving the REAL candidate for next election? What do y'all think about this current gaffe (and please no "liberal media" spin either).

Well, he was not in my top 3. Cain, Gingrich, Paul were. I don't think either major party is for individual liberty, they are both collectivist parties just to a different degree. As far a "gaffe", he spoke the truth. 47% of the population has no federal income tax burden, in the early 90s it was 25%. No spin, just fact.

souljahbill
09-19-2012, 08:18 AM
As far a "gaffe", he spoke the truth. 47% of the population has no federal income tax burden, in the early 90s it was 25%. No spin, just fact.

But most of those people though are super poor or elderly. (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/mitt-romneys-47-percent-pay-income-taxes/story?id=17263629#.UFnE0Yl5mc0)

morsdraconis
09-19-2012, 09:29 AM
But most of those people though are super poor or elderly. (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/mitt-romneys-47-percent-pay-income-taxes/story?id=17263629#.UFnE0Yl5mc0)

Shhh... Facts don't work here, remember? That 47% are lazy good for nothing blacks on welfare, don't ya know?

souljahbill
09-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Shhh... Facts don't work here, remember? That 47% are lazy good for nothing blacks on welfare, don't ya know?

LOL!

Before this turns into a pissing contest, I just want the righties to know that I'm not trying to start some shit. I just want to know how they honestly feel about their candidate.

baseballplyrmvp
09-19-2012, 10:15 AM
is he the perfect candidate? no. has there ever been? no. was he a good choice? ya.

i like paul ryan a hell of a lot more than romney. but obama is ruining this country so much that i would have voted for whoever the republican candidate is/was.

CLW
09-19-2012, 10:58 AM

Romney wasn't my first choice (my #1 choice didn't run this time for Pres but looks like a possible/probable 16 candidate should Romney fail to win). I think several people didn't/don't feel Obama is beatable so they didn't get in the race. I also think the Reps have a better/deeper bench for the future than the dems (Rubio, Rand Paul, Martinez, Haley, Jindal, Christie, Ryan, etc...) Look incumbents have an incredible advantage (especially the President). They get to fly around in Air Force one on taxpayer's dime on "official" business when everyone knows they are REALLY campaigning (both parties do this).

He also wasn't my #1 choice in the primary. By the time we got to TX the thing was decided so I cast my vote for Romney. I have "issues" with Romney. However, unlike some on the right I give him "some slack". Look the guy ran for office and governed in TAXACHUSETTS! Having lived in RI for 4 years its another planet up there compared to Red States. As such, he had to "play games" on a # of issues that cause him problems on the right. (see abortion)

The problem this now causes is people aren't 100% sure where Romney stands on various issues. I actually think he is a conservative on most issues and will govern as such. I cast my vote for the most conservative candidate that has a realistic shot of winning.

In sum, Romney = not perfect (noone is) but actually a really good candidate particularly given the issues of the day (the economy) that he is uniquely qualified to handle and hopefully turn around. He also picked quite possibly the best candidate for the other issue of our time (the debt). If they can solve the economy and the debt Romney/Ryan could set up a LONG run of Reps in the White House.

CLW
09-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Love me some "Buffet Rule Act". :nod: I believe Huckabee did something similar while governor of Arkansas calling it a "tax me more" law that generated like $100 bucks in extra revenue.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/sep/19/house-passes-new-buffett-rule/ (http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/sep/19/house-passes-new-buffett-rule/)

The truth: liberals want to raise taxes on anyone well except me but here go after that guy!!!! He's EVIL!!!!!

bdoughty
09-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Before this turns into a pissing contest, I just want the righties to know that I'm not trying to start some shit. I just want to know how they honestly feel about their candidate.

I look at it more this way... Can we take four more years of Obama's policies? You have to imagine what this guy can do to in four more years knowing he does not have to worry about getting re-elected. You could pretty much stick anyone with an R beside their name and I would vote for them.

bdoughty
09-19-2012, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaL-APxXpEQ

During a Wednesday broadcast of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” which airs weekdays at 1 p.m. (EST), the show‘s host said she wouldn’t air the 1998 audio of President Barack Obama claiming he supports “redistribution” because it hasn’t been “verified” by her network.

NBC verifying something? :fp:

CLW
09-19-2012, 06:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaL-APxXpEQ

During a Wednesday broadcast of MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports,” which airs weekdays at 1 p.m. (EST), the show‘s host said she wouldn’t air the 1998 audio of President Barack Obama claiming he supports “redistribution” because it hasn’t been “verified” by her network.

NBC verifying something? :fp:

Yep the White House admitting it is Obama to the New York Times apparently wasn't enough. Oddly it's aired on MSNBC as well despite Mitchell's claim.

CLW
09-20-2012, 08:47 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/19/article-2205541-1517E3ED000005DC-132_634x505.jpg

Instead of meeting with the PM of Israel. Yesterday, our President was poppin' the champagne with Jay-Z and Beyonce. Picture of the $100K worth of champagne shown above.

CLW
09-20-2012, 08:54 AM
The 2 Republicans left in RI (after my wife and I left that HELL HOLE) are fighting back against the Communists banning Father-Daughter dances.

http://news.providencejournal.com/breaking-news/2012/09/father-daughter.html

souljahbill
09-20-2012, 09:01 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/19/article-2205541-1517E3ED000005DC-132_634x505.jpg

Instead of meeting with the PM of Israel. Yesterday, our President was poppin' the champagne with Jay-Z and Beyonce. Picture of the $100K worth of champagne shown above.

Can't lie, I'd rather be around Beyonce then the PM of Israel myself. :)

CLW
09-20-2012, 10:08 AM
https://store.barackobama.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/m/p/mpls-2_1.jpg
The Stars and Stripes that Liberals pledge to :smh:

CLW
09-20-2012, 04:21 PM
1st "You didn't build that..." now "You can't change Washington from the inside"

http://freebeacon.com/obama-you-cant-change-washington-from-the-inside/ (http://freebeacon.com/obama-you-cant-change-washington-from-the-inside/)

Well Mr. President we plan on letting you try to "change" Washington from "the outside" shortly. :nod:

CLW
09-20-2012, 07:01 PM
http://youtu.be/DQkSFU75LC0?hd=1

bdoughty
09-20-2012, 07:30 PM
I needed a good laugh today.

http://rangel.house.gov/statements/2012/09/rangel-to-romney-americans-pay-their-fair-share-of-taxes-unlike-you.shtml

Before he judges other people about paying federal income taxes, Gov. Romney should come clean about the tax returns he's hiding from voters."

If you do not see the irony here, you probably do not follow politics closely enough.

CLW
09-20-2012, 07:59 PM
I needed a good laugh today.

http://rangel.house.gov/statements/2012/09/rangel-to-romney-americans-pay-their-fair-share-of-taxes-unlike-you.shtml

Before he judges other people about paying federal income taxes, Gov. Romney should come clean about the tax returns he's hiding from voters."

If you do not see the irony here, you probably do not follow politics closely enough.

LMAO that would be like Clinton challenging Romney re: his fidelity.

JeffHCross
09-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Rangel shouldn't challenge anyone about anything ...

-----------

Since this is technically non-partisan, I'm going to post it in both Propaganda threads, as well as the YouTube thread. It's just awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v52FLMOPSig

CLW
09-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Romneys care about others more than the Obamas.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/09/21/Romneys-More-Generous-Than-Obamas-2011-Tax-Returns-Show-Romneys-Donated-More-To-Charity-Than-Obamas-Paid-In-Taxes

CLW
09-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Man who carries around that much $ money other than someone buying/selling blow?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/23/article-2207301-1526D9D2000005DC-449_634x483.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/23/article-2207301-1526C6B1000005DC-749_634x404.jpg

JeffHCross
09-23-2012, 05:06 PM
I've had more. Easily.

Not that something like logic should stop stuff like this from being talked about ;)

souljahbill
09-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Man who carries around that much $ money other than someone buying/selling blow?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/23/article-2207301-1526D9D2000005DC-449_634x483.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/23/article-2207301-1526C6B1000005DC-749_634x404.jpg

I dare someone to try and rob him.

SmoothPancakes
09-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Pssh, that's like a pocket of pennies for Romney.

bdoughty
09-23-2012, 06:08 PM
Pssh, that's like a pocket of pennies for Romney.

And based on his tax returns, almost 30% of those pennies were donated to charities.

JeffHCross
09-23-2012, 06:30 PM
And based on his tax returns, almost 30% of those pennies were donated to charities.I applaud him for doing exactly what people with tons of money should do with it.

I'll keep other comments to myself ;)

bdoughty
09-23-2012, 07:13 PM
I applaud him for doing exactly what people with tons of money should do with it.

Then whatever you do, do not Google Joe Biden + Donations. Apparently he disagrees with you, as do most limousine liberals, because charity should start at taxing the rich so government can do what is best with your money. They know better than you, just look at how profitable federal government run operations are. The postal service just posted a 5.2 billion quarterly loss last month. Meanwhile UPS and Fed Ex are growing. Care to guess who the biggest supplier for the USPS during the last 9 years?

http://www.huschblackwell.com/2011-us-postal-service-contractors-for-ninth-time-fedex-is-usps-largest-supplier/

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=5791846&page=1#.UF-ht1Gsf7k

Over the decade, the Bidens reported a total of $3,690 in charitable donations, or 0.2% of their income.

Do as I say, not as I do...

SmoothPancakes
09-23-2012, 07:34 PM
And what is the reason why they posted a $5.2 billion quarterly loss last month, that is not required of ANY other business or organization run by or affiliated with the federal government?

JeffHCross
09-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Then whatever you do, do not Google Joe Biden + Donations. Apparently he disagrees with you, as do most limousine liberals"Whatever you do"? Really? Yawn. You misunderstood. I applauded him for giving some of the ridiculous amount of can't-possibly-need-this money that he has, to charity. The fact that charity is now a political football is sickening. The fact that is a dick-measuring contest is worse.

Yes, it's pathetic that I give more to charity than Biden does. But I also know there are plenty of ulterior motives whenever anyone who is rich is giving to charity. Except maybe Bill Gates. So I'm not exactly going to just take Romney's donations at face value. On the flip side, it doesn't surprise me in the least when people don't give to charity (e.g. Biden).

bdoughty
09-23-2012, 08:33 PM
And what is the reason why they posted a $5.2 billion quarterly loss last month, that is not required of ANY other business or organization run by or affiliated with the federal government?

Prefunding adds to the problem but does not account for all of the losses.

SmoothPancakes
09-23-2012, 09:06 PM
"Whatever you do"? Really? Yawn. You misunderstood. I applauded him for giving some of the ridiculous amount of can't-possibly-need-this money that he has, to charity. The fact that charity is now a political football is sickening. The fact that is a dick-measuring contest is worse.

Yes, it's pathetic that I give more to charity than Biden does. But I also know there are plenty of ulterior motives whenever anyone who is rich is giving to charity. Except maybe Bill Gates. So I'm not exactly going to just take Romney's donations at face value. On the flip side, it doesn't surprise me in the least when people don't give to charity (e.g. Biden).

I agree completely Jeff, especially the political football/dick measuring contest part.

As for me, I give very little monetarily to charity, but I give my time a lot. Work-related wise, I give a lot of time and a lot of money. Our two campaigns at work, Christmas for Kids (toy drive for local kids/families) and Neighbors in Need (food for local food pantries), I regularly spend the drives working 12+ hour days Monday through Friday, and anything involved with the campaigns that I am not sitting in a studio at work for (which is 90% of the campaigns as I much prefer being out in public helping at live drives, we do not put down hours for on our weekly timecards or get paid for. So there are easily well hundreds of hours every year, last Thursday of October through middle of December, standing on streets all over NW Ohio collecting money, new unwrapped toys and non-perishable food for both campaigns.

I've been involved with both campaigns since 2005, originally as a volunteer through one of the organizations I was involved with while at college, and originally was only supposed to volunteer one day, during the kickoff drive of one of the campaigns, but instead personally got involved and help out with and stayed with the rest of the campaigns that year, and went back the following years, and then have been involved with them as an employee of Clear Channel since 2008. From 2005 through 2007, I gave well into the thousands of hours of my own personal time, time I could have spent studying for classes and finals or having fun at college. And since 2008, I have given well into the thousands of hours of my time and well into the thousands, if not tens of thousands, of money that I would have received in my paychecks, but instead voluntarily forfeited by choosing to go out personally to live drives instead of sitting in the studio running the board for the remotes (which I basically have my free choosing of whatever hours I want on board during the campaigns and whatever I choose to not do, those hours get tossed to the remaining board ops to pick and split, god bless seniority and higher ranking in the office).

So I already donate hundreds of hours of my time and thousands of dollars out of what would have been money in my paycheck to the local charities we help (and as opposed to national charities, every single cent collected during the campaigns stays completely in NW Ohio, and every single cent collected goes to the local charities, corporate completely covers any and all overhead costs, so all the money collected goes directly to the charities instead of money taken out of the totals for overhead), so I generally donate very little to other, national, charities, at least donations that I can claim on my taxes.

CLW
09-24-2012, 12:40 PM
"Whatever you do"? Really? Yawn. You misunderstood. I applauded him for giving some of the ridiculous amount of can't-possibly-need-this money that he has, to charity. The fact that charity is now a political football is sickening. The fact that is a dick-measuring contest is worse.

LMFAO I have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you if you really believe the part in bold above. I'll give you a good deal since you are such a good friend. :nod:

SCClassof93
09-24-2012, 01:03 PM
I have never cared nor been concerned with what others choose to do with their money. I am concerned with what others choose to do with my money.

CLW
09-24-2012, 02:59 PM
On the Biden v. Romney topic. Romney gave 1000X as much to charity in ONE YEAR as the Veep gave in the LAST DECADE.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/romney-gave-1000-times-much-charity-year-biden-gave-decade_652977.html

Who cares about the poor?

bdoughty
09-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Howard Stern Exposes Obama Supporters 2012 (Did this in 2008 with the same results)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SeJbOU4nmHQ#!

:D:fp::P

CLW
09-24-2012, 03:31 PM
Howard Stern Exposes Obama Supporters 2012 (Did this in 2008 with the same results)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SeJbOU4nmHQ#!

:D:fp::P

LMAO and people wonder why this Country is in a death spiral of decline. I wonder if these people are part of the 47%? :confused:

CLW
09-24-2012, 05:04 PM
It's all over but the crying for the commies.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/signal/week-three-nfl-predicts-lopsided-win-romney-173031156--election.html

JeffHCross
09-24-2012, 05:05 PM
LMFAO I have some ocean front property in Kansas to sell you if you really believe the part in bold above. I'll give you a good deal since you are such a good friend. :nod:I said "maybe". :D :D :D

He was the only one that I could think of that was even a maybe. :nod:

LMAO and people wonder why this Country is in a death spiral of decline.I'm quite confident that anything said on Stern is not "the reason". :D

morsdraconis
09-24-2012, 07:07 PM
Funny how no one mentions that ALL of Romney's charity givings go to his "church" for his "religion" and nevermind that his "religion" believes in magic underwear and that the profit was some blond haired country bumpkin in the 1700s. :fp:

SCClassof93
09-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Funny how no one mentions that ALL of Romney's charity givings go to his "church" for his "religion" and nevermind that his "religion" believes in magic underwear and that the profit was some blond haired country bumpkin in the 1700s. :fp:

Should we really start discussing the teachings of the candidates "churches"? See "Reverend" Wright :fp:

bdoughty
09-24-2012, 07:35 PM

Just a walking, talking, living, breathing mouthpiece for the left I see. Did you copy that from Chris Matthews blog? Now let's look closely at the "all" remark.

Watch as I use a source.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/edwindurgy/2012/05/17/an-inside-look-at-the-millions-mitt-romney-has-given-away/

Linkage to someone that actually fact checked these things.

Money spent on his donations to the Tyler Foundation

1. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints: $4,781,000
2. Brigham Young University: $525,000
3. The United Way: $177,000
4. Right to Play: $111,500
5. The George W. Bush Library: $100,000
6. Operation Kids: $85,000
7. Center For Treatment of Pediatric MS: $75,000
8. Harvard Business School: $70,000
9. City Year: $65,000
10. Deseret International: $50,000
Weber State University: $50,000

Pretty sure all of the bolded and maybe a few others do not have Mormon ties.

Now feel free and go back to regurgitating everything Bill Maher tells you.

CLW
09-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Should we really start discussing the teachings of the candidates "churches"? See "Reverend" Wright :fp:

What's wrong with Obama's church?

http://youtu.be/AND-e_j28LY

bdoughty
09-24-2012, 07:44 PM

I tend to avoid the use of Reverend in association with a person that uses the term "Riding Dirty" in one of his sermons.

bdoughty
09-25-2012, 05:16 PM
As if we need another reason not to vote for Obama.

http://thehill.com/capital-living/in-the-know/258491-madonna-strips-for-obama-offers-profanity-laced-endorsement

“When Obama is in the White House for a second term I'll take it all off,”

DO NOT WANT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDQJhsIToXY

CLW
09-26-2012, 09:18 AM
Damn the Obamas (most likely Michelle) for the upcoming bacon shortage crisis.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/world-bacon-shortage-unavoidable-223157784.html

CLW
09-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Madonna has endorsed Romney apparently threatening to strip if Obama is given a second term. As if I didn't have ENOUGH reasons to vote for RR.

bdoughty
09-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Madonna has endorsed Romney apparently threatening to strip if Obama is given a second term. As if I didn't have ENOUGH reasons to vote for RR.

Ronald Reagan? Anyway, missed it by two posts.

CLW
09-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Ronald Reagan? Anyway, missed it by two posts.

Romney-Ryan. Yeah didn't notice it thanks to your cartoon posted within the post.

bdoughty
09-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Hillary does a 360 on the attacks on our embassy that killed 4 Americans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/27/world/africa/clinton-cites-clear-link-between-al-qaeda-and-attack-in-libya.html?_r=0

CLW
09-26-2012, 06:02 PM
Hillary does a 360 on the attacks on our embassy that killed 4 Americans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/27/world/africa/clinton-cites-clear-link-between-al-qaeda-and-attack-in-libya.html?_r=0

Yeah she still needs 2016 "cred" regardless of the outcome in November. I also doubt she serves the next term if Obama wins in order to avoid being linked further to any foreign policy failures of The One.

CLW
09-27-2012, 08:56 AM
http://youtu.be/tpAOwJvTOio?hd=1

SCClassof93
09-27-2012, 09:54 AM
fool stamps? :fp: