PDA

View Full Version : Unable to connect when using Custom Playbooks in OD

Keontez
08-17-2012, 03:20 AM
Apparently, I'm the only person in my dynasty that experiencing this.

Whenever I have a user game in my online dynasty I cant access my game. We've figured out that the problem stems from my Offensive playbook but I know other people in the dynasty are using them in their user games. But I cant figure out why it wont let me. Its not a huge playbook I only have about 319 plays in all.

Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated.

JeffHCross
08-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Tez, all I can really tell you is that I can confirm custom playbooks can be used. Mine is around the same size as yours, and I've been using it for weeks. In fact, almost everyone in our OD is using a custom book.

Keontez
08-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Argh!!! This effin' blows cause I have a non-flexbone playbook that I'm comfortable with that I can't use and have to resort to generic playbook that has absolutely none of my base plays.

DaSmerg
08-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Just wanted to drop in my experience as (who knows) may help ya.

I was also unable to connect to the others in my OD unless I direct plugged in my Xbox to my internet connection. After a bit of monkeying around it turns out my NAS box (I have a Qnap) on my network, behind my router with everything else, Xbox included, was somehow interfering with me connecting to games. I just power it off now for games.

Like I said, dunno if this helps ya at all.

Keontez
08-18-2012, 10:38 PM
We're you able to connect to regular lobby and unranked games?

My Xbox is directly connected,

Keontez
08-19-2012, 05:41 PM
I think I may have figured out my problem. I think the name of the playbook may be too big. I may have to rebuild it and keep the generic name.

JeffHCross
08-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Tez, out of curiosity, what was the name?

gigemaggs99
08-19-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm not sure if I have the same issue, but I'm playing in my offline dynasty using my CPB. When I play a game and it's over PS3 tells me the EA servers are not available and my stats will not go towards the user points deal you earn for wins/losses, sportsmanship, strategy, etc...

If I use a default PB the stats do send and it does connect.

Could be a fluke but it's done it the last 3 days for me while using my CPB.

gigemaggs99
08-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Well who knows, maybe my issues are just strange. In my Online Dynasty I was able to use my CPB and was able to connect to EA to upload the stats, so today it worked just fine :dunno:

Keontez
08-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Jeff,

Too goofy for me to post. lol.

JeffHCross
08-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Jeff,

Too goofy for me to post. lol.Well, that alone answers that your playbook name must be much longer than mine. :D

FWIW, two of my three playbooks are eight character names ... so I don't think you need to just go with the default name. I also don't think you would need to rebuild ... just rename it within the menu and try that.

gschwendt
08-20-2012, 09:05 PM
For playbook names, I've had no issues with:
Boner Jams (flex, wish, & wing bone formations)
Split Gun
Way of the Gun
335 Custom
43 Multi
All Personnels (roughly one example of each formation type for alignment testing)

Keontez
08-22-2012, 11:12 PM
Wrath of Malzhan was the playbook name. Way less goofier than BONER JAMS, lol. Really, G?!

I just said screw it and made a new playbook.

gschwendt
08-22-2012, 11:13 PM
Wrath of Malzhan was the playbook name. Way less goofier than BONER JAMS, lol. Really, G?!

I just said screw it and made a new playbook.
Heh... that's why I posted it, figured yours couldn't be much goofier than that.