PDA

View Full Version : NCAA 13: Is is possible to block punts or FGs?

Bohica1010
08-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Has anyone actually ever done this? I have been playing the this and the last 3 versions of the game and have yet to block one. If so, is there a tips page on it here in the forum?

Also, for FGs, why is it that I can't use the player lock in order to get the other view of the line to possibly hit the gap to block better?

souljahbill
08-13-2012, 05:24 PM
I've blocked 2 punts with the computer punting from their 1-yd line.

JeffHCross
08-13-2012, 08:40 PM
PSUSnoop blocked one of my FGs on NCAA 11. There's no tips for it, and I would think that's largely because the people that can pull it off don't want to give away their secrets :D

Bohica1010
08-13-2012, 11:03 PM
PSUSnoop blocked one of my FGs on NCAA 11. There's no tips for it, and I would think that's largely because the people that can pull it off don't want to give away their secrets :D

Was it a far FG where you had to push the arrow down for more distance? I can understand that. I just never have seen it even with the computer on me. I didn't know if substituting different players at different positions would make a difference.

JeffHCross
08-14-2012, 08:26 PM
No, he came right off the edge and blocked it basically as soon as I kicked it. Wasn't a low kick or anything.

psusnoop
08-15-2012, 06:15 AM

I remember that kick very well :D

I have had no luck in 12 or 13 with blocking kicks. I've basically just tried different stuff off the edge in both versions but have not found a combo of player skills to stick skills to be able to pull it off.

beartide06
08-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Last year I could consistently block at least 2 a game off the edge ranging from extra points, long FG's and short. The CPU blocked one against me last year up the middle. In 11 I was able to block at least 1 punt a game off the edge. No cheating, just all about timing and confusing the blockers. I've blocked 1 punt this year from an opponent's 1 yard line.

ram29jackson
08-15-2012, 02:35 PM
aside from that, the game makes the players stupid by allowing an animation where a player gets through on the right but always dives too early and too short and is no where near the ball..its a pointless animation...last year I could set the defensive line to rush outward ( the contain command for defensive line) and maybe depending on the ratings of the outside 2 guys on either side..I might get a block every 1 to 10 or 20 times against AI...Less frequent against humans...now kids are learning that cheese move used in madden where you make the players jump snap by using circle button to switch from player to player in rapid succession and some other button so the players bounce up and down till you snap the ball and that makes them jump snap

WolverineJay
08-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Yep ram, the cheat speed burst is one method of cheesing your way to blocked FG's.

WolverineJay
08-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Here is what I use to get an occasional block(not much more than 0-3 a year).

Go into practice mode for (Def)Notre Dame vs (Off)Michigan (Tall and Fast 2nd ROLB on depth chart for ND).
Call FG block for ND and FG for Michigan. The CPU will hike the ball much quicker in practice mode so set-up is fast in practice. You take the back guy (furthest defender from the line who is usually a return guy). Move him over to the left side of the screen right in between the last 2 blockers on the O-Line even depth with the MLB. At the snap run straight down and sometimes the last lineman will ignore his man and go block you instead. Sometimes the defender (who is the 2nd ROLB on the depth chart) will come untouched and dive and block it (5-15% of the time). I use it with mild success to block a realistic amount of FG's in 13 since my methods in NCAA 11 n NCAA 12 don't work anymore. Give it a try and see if it works for you like it occasionally does for me.

Bohica1010
08-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks to everyone for their input. This is always something that has annoyed me. Although the game never got me, I wanted to be able to do it once a season of something. I know in real life very very few teams get more than 1 or 2 a year.

MrToo Brand New
08-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Has anyone actually ever done this? I have been playing the this and the last 3 versions of the game and have yet to block one. If so, is there a tips page on it here in the forum?

Also, for FGs, why is it that I can't use the player lock in order to get the other view of the line to possibly hit the gap to block better?

It is extremely easy to block field goals online against another user. You call the play field goal block. Then you get the back return guy and move him to the right (offense's right.) Place him between the two farthest guys to the outside on your team as close to the line of scrimmage as possible. Then start tapping the Y button (triangle on PS3) as quickly as you possibly can. When your opponent starts the kicking meter the coverage audibles will stop appearing. When that happens you sprint at the holder and dive to block the field goal. Yes, this is a very glitchy way to block field goals. But you asked so I figured I give you the way people do it in ranked games.

tko27
08-17-2012, 05:31 PM
I've blocked one XP in '13 and was able to block a lot in '12. For me it's just all about timing and getting the guy on the very outside moving just as the ball is snapped. This allows him to be moving at close to full speed immediately rather than needing a step or two to hit top speed. If you can time the snap and jump it from the right angle you can get in there. This year is much harder though because it's a lot more difficult to time the snap. The longer delay before the snap/kick has thrown me off.

gigemaggs99
08-18-2012, 07:44 AM
I haven't been the one controlling the player, it's always been a CPU teammate for me but I just call FG block. My offline dynasty team has blocked 2 so far in the 1st season. It was a guy off the edge, he basically lays out and blocks it, pretty cool, but it wasn't my user controlled player. I can't seem to time the snap like last year or get through the LOS untouched.

I haven't even come close on a punt, so I'm not sure what to do there.