PDA

View Full Version : Penalty and clock stoppages?

Bohica1010
08-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Did I miss a rule change? I am in the final 2 minutes of the game, up by 3 trying to kill the clock. The CPU is out of TOs. I hard count and get them to jump offsides. I accept the penalty to make it 3rd and 1 and the clock never starts back up again. I thought that a defensive penalty didn't stop the clock so that if they were out of TOs, they couldn't use that Mickey Mouse crap to try to stop the clock?

JeffHCross
08-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Since you didn't mention it, I assume that the clock was already running when you hard counted. Because if the clock was stopped before the penalty, it wouldn't be started because of the penalty. That's the only caveat I'm aware of in the NCAA.

In both college and professional football, I believe the "Mickey Mouse crap" you refer to is accompanied by a ten second run-off, though I don't think a ten-second run-off is ever counted against the defense.

Bohica1010
08-13-2012, 11:06 PM
Since you didn't mention it, I assume that the clock was already running when you hard counted. Because if the clock was stopped before the penalty, it wouldn't be started because of the penalty. That's the only caveat I'm aware of in the NCAA.

In both college and professional football, I believe the "Mickey Mouse crap" you refer to is accompanied by a ten second run-off, though I don't think a ten-second run-off is ever counted against the defense.

Sorry, yes, the clock was still running before the hard count. I didn't notice ten seconds coming off the clock though either. It just happened when I was running the clock out and they committed a face mask against me. Clock stopped and never restarted.