PDA

View Full Version : Week 12, 2012

Oneback
08-08-2012, 11:29 PM
=============== #6 Texas Longhorns (8-1) ===============
Last week, Texas won 63-7 against Texas Tech (3-5).
This week, the Longhorns will host #1 Oregon (8-0).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) MLB Dominic Williams has committed to Texas
- (****) QB David Terrell has committed to Florida State
- (***) LOLB Deon Harvey has committed to Texas

=============== #2 Alabama Crimson Tide (8-0) ===============
Last week, Alabama won 31-24 against LSU (6-2).
This week, the Crimson Tide will host #12 Texas A&M (8-1).
In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LT George Crawford has committed to Alabama

=============== #10 LSU Tigers (6-2) ===============
Last week, LSU lost 31-24 against Alabama (8-0).
This week, the Tigers travel to Tallahassee to face the #3 Florida State Seminoles (8-1).
In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) MLB Jason Hood has committed to LSU

=============== #24 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-4) ===============
Last week the Buckeyes were idle.
This week, the Buckeyes travel to Norman to face the Oklahoma Sooners (2-6).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LOLB Nate Wallace has committed to Ohio State
- (****) FS Kyle Banks has committed to Ohio State

=============== Oklahoma State Cowboys (4-4) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma State lost 38-14 against Florida State (8-1).
This week, the Cowboys will host Tennessee (3-5).
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) LG Christian McNeil has committed to Oklahoma State
- (****) CB Billy Lewis has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== #12 Texas A&M Aggies (8-1) ===============
Last week, Texas A&M won 40-36 against Georgia (4-4).
This week, the Aggies travel to Tuscaloosa to face the #2 Alabama Crimson Tide (8-0).
In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) LE Dennis Carter has committed to Texas A&M
- (***) SS Dan Parker has committed to Texas A&M

=============== #3 Florida State Seminoles (8-1) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 38-14 against Oklahoma State (4-4).
This week, the Seminoles will host #10 LSU (6-2).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) QB Junior Hopkins has committed to Florida State
- (****) QB David Terrell has committed to Florida State

=============== #1 Oregon Ducks (8-0) ===============
Last week, Oregon won 34-17 against USC (5-4).
This week, the Ducks travel to Austin to face the #6 Texas Longhorns (8-1).
In recruiting news, the following Oregon targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Trent Thompson has committed to Notre Dame
- (****) QB Ken Griffin has committed to Oregon

=============== #4 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (8-1) ===============
Last week the Fighting Irish were idle.
This week, the Fighting Irish will host Boston College (6-4).
In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) WR Trent Thompson has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #22 Arkansas Razorbacks (4-4) ===============
Last week, Arkansas won 54-35 against Tennessee (3-5).
This week, the Razorbacks travel to Columbia to face the #17 South Carolina Gamecocks (7-2).
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) SS Jason West has committed to Arkansas
- (***) LOLB Deon Harvey has committed to Texas

=============== #9 Michigan Wolverines (6-2) ===============
Last week the Wolverines were idle.
This week, the Wolverines travel to Lubbock to face the Texas Tech Red Raiders (3-5).
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB Dominique Wilson has committed to Michigan

=============== #20 USC Trojans (5-4) ===============
Last week, USC lost 34-17 against Oregon (8-0).
This week, the Trojans are idle.
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) QB Shaun Malloy has committed to Penn State
- (***) WR Sylvester Jackson has committed to USC
- (***) C Brandon Williams has committed to USC
- (***) LT George Crawford has committed to Alabama
- (****) P Mark Price has committed to USC

JeffHCross
08-08-2012, 11:40 PM
You're welcome, OB.

Kingpin32
08-08-2012, 11:44 PM
The battle to become bowl eligible.

Oneback
08-08-2012, 11:47 PM
dammit Jeff, I was pretty confident that if I was able to get David Terrell through this week he was mine next week during the visit.

Papa LoneStar
08-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Oneback....how does ATH Harvey look?

Oneback
08-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Oneback....how does ATH Harvey look?

Looks awesome in Burnt Orange

psusnoop
08-09-2012, 05:13 AM
OB I'm going out to Pittsburgh with the family for a pirates game and zoo today, what does your schedule look like tomorrow night?

JeffHCross
08-09-2012, 06:26 AM
dammit Jeff, I was pretty confident that if I was able to get David Terrell through this week he was mine next week during the visit. I told you to drop him weeks ago ;)

ryby6969
08-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Escobar, what is your schedule looking like? Mine is tight for the next few days so let me know.

psusnoop
08-09-2012, 08:57 AM
OB I may be able to go tonight around 11pm est if that works too. Just text me and let me know.

Oneback
08-09-2012, 11:32 AM
OB I'm going out to Pittsburgh with the family for a pirates game and zoo today, what does your schedule look like tomorrow night?

It may be Sunday before we can get our game in. I work nights now and if I didn't have someone out I could probably fit it in...on top of that however I am on-call this weekend. That's unless you can play after 2am central.

psusnoop
08-09-2012, 01:14 PM
It may be Sunday before we can get our game in. I work nights now and if I didn't have someone out I could probably fit it in...on top of that however I am on-call this weekend. That's unless you can play after 2am central.

Yeah, no 3am is probably a no go. Just let me know.

Tonight from 10pm to 1am est good.
Tomorrow from 6pm est till 1am good.
Sunday 10:15pm est till 1am I'm good.

Oneback
08-09-2012, 03:45 PM
We may be able to kick off at 6p EST tomorrow.

texacotea
08-09-2012, 04:33 PM
tOSU travels to OU and takes down the sooners 45-28. Braxton Miller went down on the 2nd play of the game and forced Ken Guiton in. Guiton didnt disappoint and put up scores on his first 2 drives of the game. Miller was held out for 2 quarters and when brought back in he threw a pick and fumbled twice before Coach Barker decided to put Guiton back in. "Braxton is still our starter, I feel alot more comfortable knowing that Ken can come in and never skip a beat on offense." Said Coach Barker.

K. Guiton 24/49 460 4 3
B. Miller 7/12 179 1 0

J. Hall 8 39 0 22
B. Miller 7 9 0 19
K. Guiton 9 5 0 17

C. Fields 11 194 2 46
C. Brown 6 171 1 60
R. Southward 4 170 2 85
E. Spencer 1 35 0 35
J. Hall 5 21 0 17
T. Williams 1 19 0 19
D. Smith 2 17 0 11
J. Stoneburner 1 12 0 12

gschwendt
08-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Michigan takes out Texas Tech, 62-10 but in doing so, lost their starting QB Denard Robinson for likely the remainder of the year. Robinson went down midway through the first quarter with a torn pectoral and never returned. Team doctors expect him to sit out at least 6 weeks which would put his return at best in the middle of bowl season.

In Robinson's absence, backup QB Devin Gardner went on a tear completing 18/30 passes for 309 yards with 5 touchdowns and 1 interception. Gardner also added 116 yards on the ground with 11 carries, one for touchdown.

After the game, Gardner had this to say, "you know, coach just told me to go out there and have fun and that's what I did. We have a different package when I'm in the game so we just stuck to that gameplan, stuck to what I know and it turned out well for us. I wish Denard a speedy recovery but while he's gone, I'm going to do what I can to help this team win."

Gardner is the heir apparent to run next year's offense when Robinson finally graduates after what seems 10 seasons in Ann Arbor. However, he'll have a challenger in newly inked recruit Kevin Jones. Both have similar gifts, however Jones has a few more abilities to make something happen when the play breaks down.

The offense not only saw a fresh signal caller for the game, but other backups saw plenty of action and injuries were abundant in the unseasonably warm Texas heat. HB Fitzgerald Toussaint, HB Vincent Smith & WR Jeremy Gallon each went down for a period of time. That allowed Gardner to spread the ball around not only in the passing game but also running the ball as 7 different ball carriers each had 3 carries or more. On top of that, 8 different receivers caught at least one pass, four of which caught one for touchdown.

Defensively, the Wolverines held the Red Raiders to 154 yards of total offense and managed to take away two interceptions as well as adding four sacks.

With the win, Michigan improves to 7-2 (5-2) on the season and next host Iowa in a tuneup game while they prepare for their Week 14 matchup with rival Ohio State.

gschwendt
08-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Only LSU/FSU & UO/UT remain.

Papa LoneStar
08-09-2012, 08:18 PM
LSU/FSU is scheduled for tommorrow sometime after 5:30pm central.

souljahbill
08-09-2012, 08:33 PM
The offense not only saw a fresh signal caller for the game, but other backups saw plenty of action and injuries were abundant in the unseasonably warm Texas heat. HB Fitzgerald Toussaint, HB Vincent Smith & WR Jeremy Gallon each went down for a period of time. That allowed Gardner to spread the ball around not only in the passing game but also running the ball as 7 different ball carriers each had 3 carries or more. On top of that, 8 different receivers caught at least one pass, four of which caught one for touchdown.
In my 11 years of athletic training, I have NEVER seen anything like that EVER! Starting QB, top 2 HBs, and 1 WR in the same game? Injuries happen but not like that and definitely not only to offensive skill guys. That's ridiculous.

texacotea
08-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Michigan takes out Texas Tech, 62-10 but in doing so, lost their starting QB Denard Robinson for likely the remainder of the year.

This makes me smile :nod:

JeffHCross
08-09-2012, 08:47 PM
In my 11 years of athletic training, I have NEVER seen anything like that EVER! Starting QB, top 2 HBs, and 1 WR in the same game? Injuries happen but not like that and definitely not only to offensive skill guys. That's ridiculous.Well, when your injury model seems to be based on "who got hit and who hit them?" ... y'know.

souljahbill
08-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Well, when your injury model seems to be based on "who got hit and who hit them?" ... y'know.

I think I'm going to make a thread documenting my team's injury report throughout the season. No names or numbers. Just position, injury, and how much time they may miss.

gschwendt
08-10-2012, 02:03 PM
ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!
please?

Hoping we get an advance tonight... I'm curious to find out about a TE that ryby & I are fighting over (taking a visit to Alabama this week) and also a handful of guys I'm scouting that could turn out to be quite nice.

ryby6969
08-10-2012, 02:05 PM
ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!
please?

Hoping we get an advance tonight... I'm curious to find out about a TE that ryby & I are fighting over (taking a visit to Alabama this week) and also a handful of guys I'm scouting that could turn out to be quite nice.

I won, you really do not want to see the result of that, do you? ;)

gschwendt
08-10-2012, 02:07 PM
I won, you really do not want to see the result of that, do you? ;)
You mean you won your game or you won the recruiting battle by having a monster call? Either way, I'd love to have him but I do have a backup plan in case he falls through. Will just hate losing out on him after I had to work my way from being off his board to the top of his list only for you to go "oh... hey... I hadn't talked this guy all year, let me say hi". :glare:

psusnoop
08-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Is it just OB vs me that remains?

gschwendt
08-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Is it just OB vs me that remains?
No... looks like Papa & Jeff playing around the same time you guys are.

LSU/FSU is scheduled for tommorrow sometime after 5:30pm central.

ryby6969
08-10-2012, 02:12 PM
You mean you won your game or you won the recruiting battle by having a monster call? Either way, I'd love to have him but I do have a backup plan in case he falls through. Will just hate losing out on him after I had to work my way from being off his board to the top of his list only for you to go "oh... hey... I hadn't talked this guy all year, let me say hi". :glare:
I got about a 600 point call plus whatever from the visit. We were tied weren't we? I actually have been recruiting him for some time now, just not very hard. :D I cannot help is interested in a championship contending team. ;)

Snoop, I think Papa and Jeff are playing this evening also.

gschwendt
08-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I got about a 600 point call plus whatever from the visit. We were tied weren't we? I actually have been recruiting him for some time now, just not very hard. :D I cannot help is interested in a championship contending team. ;)
I have a small lead at this point... though your visit would likely put you in the lead. Not sure how big of a call I had but I imagine it was pretty good... I've got two A+/VHs and two A/Hs. All in all though, definitely would be hard not to get mad at losing a 6'8 Blocking TE with 80SPD.

ryby6969
08-10-2012, 02:42 PM
I have a small lead at this point... though your visit would likely put you in the lead. Not sure how big of a call I had but I imagine it was pretty good... I've got two A+/VHs and two A/Hs. All in all though, definitely would be hard not to get mad at losing a 6'8 Blocking TE with 80SPD.

I already have a good TE signed, but getting him would really solidify my multiple TE sets in the future. lol

psusnoop
08-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Oneback and I had to quit because of something crazy.

My lg from the the beginning of the game was constantly glitching and just twitching in place. After plays he was frozen in time it always looked like.

Then mid fourth quarter Oneback hit a wide and I mean wide open Shipley for a td, then next possession the same thing happened but I was watching and my cb was just glitching and twitching in space too. Then I subbed him out and the same thing happened next play. Oneback agreed to quit and replay the game but that will be on Sunday.

Thanks Oneback and it was a hell of a game 34-31 Texas at the point we quit.

Oneback
08-10-2012, 06:20 PM
So I've never seen this before, with about 3 minutes left in our game Snoop noticed that his left corner was running super slow, I had noticed his left guard do the same when running to the line but it didn't seem to effect anything play wise. Well before I got out of the game I looked at the replays of two long TD throws and his corner barely moved out of his spot leaving Shipley wide open down the field, his corner was running but at like a tenth of the speed he normally does, if that. So we are going to reply but the next free date I have is Sunday.

psusnoop
08-10-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks again for replaying and that was the craziest thing I've witnessed on ncaa13. Had I not seen anything I maybe would have thought blown coverage but this clearly wasn't.

psusnoop
08-10-2012, 06:33 PM
And for the record, game planning was all balanced every snap.

I did pass commit on one of them not sure about the other.

gschwendt
08-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Unacceptable.

Oneback
08-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Thanks again for replaying and that was the craziest thing I've witnessed on ncaa13. Had I not seen anything I maybe would have thought blown coverage but this clearly wasn't.

No problem, I wasn't sure what the coverage was on either one of those plays, Shipley happened to be my second read on both of those plays and I saw him wide open - figured you had called cover 2 or a blitz where you're corner sits in the flat. I wonder how long he had been doing that, I know he made a couple nice plays on deep throws earlier in the game.

psusnoop
08-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Both I did have him in man, and I tho k earlier I was playing a lot more cover 3 if I remember correctly.

psusnoop
08-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Unacceptable.

Yeah no kidding.

I would suggest that of anyone sees an OLineman for either team lagging behind others getting to the line of scrimmage to play close attention to what your defenders are doing as well.

JeffHCross
08-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Someone mentioned that happening to him in another thread, but I can't find it at the moment. (Knock on wood) I have yet to see it.

psusnoop
08-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Someone mentioned that happening to him in another thread, but I can't find it at the moment. (Knock on wood) I have yet to see it.

I thought so too, but have zero clue where now. Grrr I want to see what he said to compare haha.

JeffHCross
08-10-2012, 07:43 PM
It was pretty similar.

In other news, Florida State Impact FS Joyner intercepts a Zack Metteberger pass, and then promptly fumbles it on his way down. LSU recovers.

JeffHCross
08-10-2012, 08:35 PM
LSU wins 14-12, as FSU struggles offensively in the first half, forfeits every chance that was handed to them, and can't get the late 2-pt conversion to tie the game.

LSU gains 283 yards of total offense. 39 rushes yield 90 yards on the ground and 2 TDs. Metteberger was 13/18 for 193 and 2 INTs.
FSU gains 264 yards of total offense. 17 rushes yield a pathetic 16 yards on the ground, and 3 futile attempts at scoring TDs on the ground. FSU QBs combined for 18-29 with 1 TD.

FSU was 1-10 on 3rd down, with 1-1 on 4th and 0-1 on 2-pt conversions.

I know I've ranted in the past about EJ Manuel (THP/THA 86) and his accuracy changing 180º, so I'll let Papa describe what happened during the 2nd quarter, and how Manuel ended up 7-16 and benched.

souljahbill
08-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Oneback and I had to quit because of something crazy.

My lg from the the beginning of the game was constantly glitching and just twitching in place. After plays he was frozen in time it always looked like.

Then mid fourth quarter Oneback hit a wide and I mean wide open Shipley for a td, then next possession the same thing happened but I was watching and my cb was just glitching and twitching in space too. Then I subbed him out and the same thing happened next play. Oneback agreed to quit and replay the game but that will be on Sunday.

Thanks Oneback and it was a hell of a game 34-31 Texas at the point we quit.

Slo-mo player glitch. It's a game killer. Turns every game when it appears into 11-on-10.

psusnoop
08-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Slo-mo player glitch. It's a game killer. Turns every game when it appears into 11-on-10.

It was the first time I've ever seen it, really frustrating.

souljahbill
08-11-2012, 08:56 AM
It was the first time I've ever seen it, really frustrating.

Really? Consider yourself lucky. I've seen it more times then I care to count.

Papa LoneStar
08-11-2012, 09:40 AM
I've only saw it once....my left outside WR during practice mode.

ryby6969
08-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Advance!!!!!!

:P

JeffHCross
08-11-2012, 07:57 PM
ADVANCE!!!!!!!

gschwendt
08-11-2012, 09:48 PM
ADVANCE?????

Papa LoneStar
08-11-2012, 10:54 PM
They should be in the 4th....Snoop mentioned to me via text that they were getting ready to kick off....exactly 68 minutes ago.

JeffHCross
08-11-2012, 11:03 PM
Snoop mentioned to me via text that they were getting ready to kick offSame here, lol.

Papa LoneStar
08-11-2012, 11:11 PM
I just wanna recruit and scout before I go to sleep....lol. I'm gonna hop in the shower and by the time I get out....we should be advanced.

Papa LoneStar
08-11-2012, 11:12 PM
I'm rooting for Oneback so we can have some controversy and a HUGE game at the end between Notre Dame/Oregon.

psusnoop
08-12-2012, 07:44 AM
I'm rooting for Oneback so we can have some controversy and a HUGE game at the end between Notre Dame/Oregon.

Oregon escapes Texas with a 31-28 win.

Led by SO QB Bennett 8-15 199yds 3TD and 1INT the Ducks held the lead till the fourth quarter when they gave up a Miles Onyegbule WR #81 44 yard TD from David Ash QB #14. With the score 28-24 now Texas and thier first lead of the game the Ducks would take only 12 seconds to regain the lead when Bennett hit Barner on a screen pass on first down who then scampered 75yds for what ended up being the game winning score.

Texas would drive late and get into FG position but the kicker was frozen and the kick to tie the game was pushed wide right.

Great game Oneback, very fun and this sets up a HUGE game in week 15 against nykia.

Kingpin32
08-13-2012, 12:12 PM
I thought so too, but have zero clue where now. Grrr I want to see what he said to compare haha.
I think it was me. It happened with my Guard and then my safety on defense.

psusnoop
08-13-2012, 12:14 PM
I think it was me. It happened with my Guard and then my safety on defense.

ah, it was really crazy. I was like what the **** is going on here when I saw it.

Kingpin32
08-13-2012, 12:18 PM
ah, it was really crazy. I was like what the **** is going on here when I saw it.
Yeah I thought it was gonna just be my guard, and I was thinking I could compensate it with my running back, but then I gave up a touchdown with my safety out there glitching and got got super pissed.

psusnoop
08-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Yeah I thought it was gonna just be my guard, and I was thinking I could compensate it with my running back, but then I gave up a touchdown with my safety out there glitching and got got super pissed.

Yep that is exactly how I felt too. Now if I see it I'm going to just quit the game because I'm pretty sure a player from both sides of the ball is affected by this.