PDA

View Full Version : Forum Feedback - Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov 2012

cdj
08-06-2012, 01:31 PM
We'll have a new one each month, open for all to give feedback.

If we missed something in the previous month's thread, post again here. Feedback can be anything, ranging from smilies to new content idea, etc. Feel free to PM if you don't want to post an idea publicly.

JeffHCross
08-07-2012, 07:59 PM
So ... Tapatalk Notifier ad .... where'd that come from?

psuexv
08-08-2012, 10:27 AM
So ... Tapatalk Notifier ad .... where'd that come from?

I did notice that Tapatalk is doing a better job with quoted messages now :nod:

JBHuskers
08-08-2012, 10:54 AM
I did notice that Tapatalk is doing a better job with quoted messages now :nod:

Yeah you know who they're actually quoting now :D

cdj
08-08-2012, 12:47 PM
- We've updated to the latest version of Tapatalk. If you see any issues, let us know.

- Per jaymo's request, our Review Central thread has a poll for users to rate NCAA 13.

- Smilies updated with latest NCAA 13 school logos. The previous icons have a 2 added to end.
IE: : Arizona_State : = :Arizona_State:, : Arizona_State2 : = :Arizona_State2:

CLW
08-08-2012, 12:51 PM
Yay new smilies! :nod:

jaymo76
08-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Thanks for keeping Sparky!

JBHuskers
08-10-2012, 01:51 PM
New smiley!

:coffee:

: coffee :

SmoothPancakes
08-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Yes! I no longer have to go pull the coffee smiley from my photobucket. :D

SCClassof93
08-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Yes! I no longer have to go pull the coffee smiley from my photobucket. :D

You are a special needs guy :D

Love the site guys! If only EA games ran this good :up:

CLW
08-11-2012, 11:49 AM
This thought just crossed my mind reading the strategy session. Perhaps TGT could put together a sort of NCAA/TGT "school" for us lesser skilled/knowledgeable peeps.

The idea would be for the guys that know what they are talking about to play with us and teach us lesser skilled guys online and preferably with a mic talk us through what they see and strategy/tips on how to play a certain situation better.

Of course, the teachers/students with capture devices could then show everyone else with a youtube video which could be uploaded to the site and then others could make comments/suggestions as well.

There could always be various "classes"/threads to sign up for "lessons" bc I'm sure everyone excels at different areas of the game. So I could learn the Air Raid from someone and the option/power run game from someone else.

Etc...

Of course it would require several of the members here to volunteer their time to teaching us newbs how to ball but I think it could work out nicely if setup properly.

morsdraconis
08-11-2012, 12:38 PM
:up:

That's a good idea. Wish I had a PS3 to help out.

JeffHCross
08-11-2012, 07:55 PM
I think that idea has been started several times (such as Oneback's NCAA Playbook), it's just -- as you said -- a considerable time commitment.

jaymo76
08-16-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't know if it is just my cpu acting up but today when I came to the website I had to sign in. Each time I left and came back I had to sign in. For some reason my password was not being remembered. I just logged on now and it seems to be working again. I will keep an eye on it though.

JBHuskers
08-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Who knows when you'll need to use this, or just use it randomly, but here's some sperm for you :D

:sperm:

: sperm :

jaymo76
08-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Who knows when you'll need to use this, or just use it randomly, but here's some sperm for you :D

:sperm:

: sperm :

:beer: + :easy: + :sick: + :hump: + :sperm: =

http://cdn.ksk.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/steelersfan.jpg

So sorry... I couldn't help myself... how often do you get to use those images as an adult...

baseballplyrmvp
08-30-2012, 09:45 AM
has this site been really slow for anyone else this morning?

gschwendt
08-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Yeah... contacting our support about it now.

SCClassof93
08-30-2012, 10:01 AM

Yes, all three browsers running slow. Other sites seem fine.

baseballplyrmvp
09-01-2012, 12:25 AM
sites been really slow these 4 hours or so, again. pages arent loading correctly, right off the bat for me.

SmoothPancakes
09-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Yep, what mvp said. I've been trying to two hours now to first load up the NCAA General Discussion forum, and then manage to just simply load up this thread so I could make a comment about not being able to load up any threads or pages. Now I'm probably going to get the joy of trying to actually get this post to go through.

SmoothPancakes
09-01-2012, 03:59 AM
Hooray! TGT seems to finally be back to normal, at 5am EST. I was trying to get on since I got in here to work around 3am, but only just now was able to finally get the actual site itself to actually load up, much less the problems I had earlier of just having to wait for an hour for a page to load.

cdj
09-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Our host had an issue with another client that was doing some major damage to several servers, including ours. We were notified overnight that the issue is/should be addressed.

CLW
09-01-2012, 08:52 AM
sites been really slow these 4 hours or so, again. pages arent loading correctly, right off the bat for me.

Ditto I have also been having problems recently.

gschwendt
09-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Ditto I have also been having problems recently.
The two instances I've seen were Thursday morning and late last night. Let me know if you saw issues outside of that.

Initially they thought it was a hardware issue on their server but they've since discovered it was actually someone on a different site abusing resources. That client has been suspended for the time so it should go back to normal for the foreseeable future.

baseballplyrmvp
09-01-2012, 10:28 AM
The two instances I've seen were Thursday morning and late last night. Let me know if you saw issues outside of that.

Initially they thought it was a hardware issue on their server but they've since discovered it was actually someone on a different site abusing resources. That client has been suspended for the time so it should go back to normal for the foreseeable future.

:up: no prob... thanks guys

oweb26
10-09-2012, 02:46 PM
I did something really stupid and I can't find where I did it at.

Every thread I reply to I get subscribed to it and I can't remember where I set that up at? Anyone know?

I am not sure if it was on the forum or through tapatalk.

psuexv
10-09-2012, 02:58 PM
I did something really stupid and I can't find where I did it at.

Every thread I reply to I get subscribed to it and I can't remember where I set that up at? Anyone know?

I am not sure if it was on the forum or through tapatalk.

Go to your settings - General Settings - Default Thread Subscription Mode:

oweb26
10-10-2012, 04:29 AM
Go to your settings - General Settings - Default Thread Subscription Mode:

Awesome thanks a bunch I see you dont have 6000+ posts for nothing. :D

Its going to be a milestone when I hit 1000 as that would make it the most post i have on any message board.

JeffHCross
11-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Now that we have a FIFA forum too, I think it would make sense to combine the Madden, FIFA, Tiger Woods and Other Video Games into a single "Video Game discussion" category. It would make the forum homepage a little cleaner.

CLW
11-07-2012, 02:15 PM
Given that my political leanings and jokes are not acceptable I need TGT rules and regulations to guide me as to what is now acceptable and what is not. (I post a meme about the CO pot vote as others did previously in the meme thread and Snoop calls me out).

I honestly do not agree with the decision to close the political threads. If you don't want to read about it its pretty simple don't join the conversation. However, its your board you do with it what you want. I only ask that the system/rules be clearly defined so that posters can now know what is and what is not permitted.

bdoughty
11-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Current rules. Might need some updating but based on how the political threads were going the current rules seem to apply in regards to closing political threads.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?139-The-Gaming-Tailgate-Rules-Guidelines-amp-Vision

psuexv
11-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Does this mean that I couldn't post something like this?

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7IXVS5CEAEcrS3.jpg

JBHuskers
11-07-2012, 04:25 PM
The memes are fine with me. I was fine with the one CLW posted. It's the constant America is in the shitter talk that both the left and the right were getting sick of.

CLW
11-07-2012, 04:56 PM

LOL that shit is funny and honestly I was disappointed you lefties didn't post more in your own thread. I set up the threads as jokes for each side to bash the other with the "funny" stuff but unfortunately the thread went way off course.

souljahbill
11-07-2012, 05:19 PM

Stealing and Twitter/FB posting

JBHuskers
11-07-2012, 05:41 PM

:+1:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

cdj
11-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Now that we have a FIFA forum too, I think it would make sense to combine the Madden, FIFA, Tiger Woods and Other Video Games into a single "Video Game discussion" category. It would make the forum homepage a little cleaner.

I don't disagree with that but I would prefer OVG stay their own. Madden, TW, FIFA sub-forum regs - would this bother you?

Given that my political leanings and jokes are not acceptable I need TGT rules and regulations to guide me as to what is now acceptable and what is not. (I post a meme about the CO pot vote as others did previously in the meme thread and Snoop calls me out).

I honestly do not agree with the decision to close the political threads. If you don't want to read about it its pretty simple don't join the conversation. However, its your board you do with it what you want. I only ask that the system/rules be clearly defined so that posters can now know what is and what is not permitted.

The thread closing had absolutely nothing to do with your political leanings. If that were so, it would have been closed a long time ago.

Politics have become a hot-button issue and it seems once a name is brought up (politician or party) people seem to lose their cool. I agree with your premise that people should stay out of topics where they may not like the ensuing discussion, but we don't want people getting upset with others over political views or turned off of TGT due to someone's opinion on workers in Washington DC.

We let it run through election, but the country (and more importantly TGT ;)) needs a break from political discussion. Current events is fine (and generally the purpose of OT sub-forums).

Current rules. Might need some updating but based on how the political threads were going the current rules seem to apply in regards to closing political threads.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php?139-The-Gaming-Tailgate-Rules-Guidelines-amp-Vision

Agreed. We'll work on clarifying political topics here within the rules. Thanks for bringing it up.

I get the perception that people are suffering severe political fatigue from TV/radio commercials, posts/rants on social sites, etc. The admins will discuss it, but for now I would ask political items get put on hold.

psuexv
11-07-2012, 06:59 PM

;) check the time, I posted here 2 1/2 hours ago. Twitter says you posted 1 hour ago.....hmmmm.....who's the stealer :whistle:

steelerfan
11-07-2012, 07:35 PM
;) check the time, I posted here 2 1/2 hours ago. Twitter says you posted 1 hour ago.....hmmmm.....who's the stealer :whistle:

Here We Go, Steelers!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

JeffHCross
11-10-2012, 08:43 AM
I don't disagree with that but I would prefer OVG stay their own. Madden, TW, FIFA sub-forum regs - would this bother you?I'm not totally sure what you mean by "sub-forum regs". I don't think anything needs to be a sub-forum in this case. I was just envisioning the four forums included in the same category, like NCAA Football Discussion is one big category. I think it would just clean up the front page. It also amuses me that the "Video Game Discussion" category only has "Other Video Games". :D

jaymo76
11-10-2012, 11:53 AM
I don't disagree with that but I would prefer OVG stay their own. Madden, TW, FIFA sub-forum regs - would this bother you?

The thread closing had absolutely nothing to do with your political leanings. If that were so, it would have been closed a long time ago.

Politics have become a hot-button issue and it seems once a name is brought up (politician or party) people seem to lose their cool. I agree with your premise that people should stay out of topics where they may not like the ensuing discussion, but we don't want people getting upset with others over political views or turned off of TGT due to someone's opinion on workers in Washington DC.

We let it run through election, but the country (and more importantly TGT ;)) needs a break from political discussion. Current events is fine (and generally the purpose of OT sub-forums).

Agreed. We'll work on clarifying political topics here within the rules. Thanks for bringing it up.

I get the perception that people are suffering severe political fatigue from TV/radio commercials, posts/rants on social sites, etc. The admins will discuss it, but for now I would ask political items get put on hold.

Wow! I'm gone for a month and everything falls apart! :) I think I speak for everyone when I ask "can everybody play nice again?" This is an awesome site and personally my favourite site of any I visit on a regular basis. I hate seeing people angry with one another over things completely out of our control. Let's get back to the "good ol' days" of decency. :)

steelerfan
11-10-2012, 12:28 PM
Wow! I'm gone for a month and everything falls apart! :) I think I speak for everyone when I ask "can everybody play nice again?" This is an awesome site and personally my favourite site of any I visit on a regular basis. I hate seeing people angry with one another over things completely out of our control. Let's get back to the "good ol' days" of decency. :)

:+1:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

cdj
11-10-2012, 10:07 PM
I'm not totally sure what you mean by "sub-forum regs". I don't think anything needs to be a sub-forum in this case. I was just envisioning the four forums included in the same category, like NCAA Football Discussion is one big category. I think it would just clean up the front page. It also amuses me that the "Video Game Discussion" category only has "Other Video Games". :D

I misunderstood your request. I'll try and set that up tomorrow.

JeffHCross
11-12-2012, 11:03 PM
Thank ye, sir. Looks good to me.

baseballplyrmvp
11-25-2012, 01:06 PM
i thought there was a thread being created on how to properly create tables on here, but i cant seem to find it. if anyone knows how to quickly make one, could those instructions be added to the FAQ list of questions, for quick referencing?