PDA

View Full Version : Something I Discovered About Throw Power...

Dr Death
08-05-2012, 01:08 PM
I thought about adding this to my slider thread, but felt like it was more a "General Discussion" post since it doesn't really deal w/ sliders. I've changed my sliders slightly - basically, making the CPU tougher - and for kicks I started a dynasty w/ :Idaho:. Their QB is a 69 overall w/ 73 throw power and 78 throw accuracy. Not exactly what anyone is looking for in a QB to lead their team, but I just wanted to test something.

With Catching set to "Conservative" because... well... because the :Idaho: receivers basically suck :D I have noticed that when I press down hard on a receiver icon, the passes don't sail. Through three games I've had exactly one pass that led the guy too much and that was on me for using too much lead passing.

That 69 overall QB's stats through three games... 150 attempts - 125 completions - 1,514 yards - 14 TD's - 1 INT - 83.3 comp. %.

In those games we {:Idaho:} lost to :Washington_State: 38-45, beat :Wyoming: 38-6 and beat :North_Carolina: 24-20. Granted, my style is vastly different than any of you, but you might want to check this out and use a QB w/ less TP... and FWIW, he's had no problem going deep when needed.

Something to consider, perhaps???

JeffHCross
08-05-2012, 09:55 PM
So your thought is that it is THP that is causing our passes to sail, and not bad THA? Interesting.

Dr Death
08-06-2012, 12:01 AM
That seems to be the thought right now...