PDA

View Full Version : 2012 NFL Talk

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

JBHuskers
08-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Hall of Fame Game this weekend, so let's shift from the offseason talk to looking ahead to the season. I think it's going to be a crazy one.

Here are my quick and dirty predictions.

AFC EAST
AFC NORTH
AFC SOUTH
AFC WEST

1. New England
1. Pittsburgh
1. Houston
1. Kansas City

2. Buffalo
2. Cincinnati *
2. Tennessee
2. Denver *

3. NY Jets
3. Baltimore
3. Jacksonville
3. San Diego

4. Miami
4. Cleveland
4. Indianapolis
4. Oakland

NFC EAST
NFC NORTH
NFC SOUTH
NFC WEST

1. Philadelphia
1. Green Bay
1. Atlanta
1. San Francisco

2. Washington
2. Chicago *
2. New Orleans *
2. Seattle

3. NY Giants
3. Detroit
3. Carolina
3. Arizona

4. Dallas
4. Minneapolis
4. Tampa Bay
4. St. Louis

WILD CARD ROUND
Kansas City d. Cincinnati
Denver d. Houston
Chicago d. Atlanta
Philadelphia d. New Orleans

DIVISIONAL ROUND
Pittsburgh d. Kansas City
Denver d. New England
Philadelphia d. Green Bay
Chicago d. San Francisco

CONFERENCE ROUND
Pittsburgh d. Denver
Chicago d. Philadelphia

SUPER BOWL
Chicago d. Pittsburgh

JBHuskers
08-02-2012, 03:56 PM
First time that I've done predictions on this site that I pick my team to win it :D even going in to setting this up I didn't think I was going to take Chicago, but it just kind of played out that way.

jaymo76
08-03-2012, 12:22 AM
NFC East... I was with you up to that point. Why no love for NY? Dallas below Washington?

As for SB early prediction... HOUSTON vs GREEN BAY.

morsdraconis
08-03-2012, 04:40 AM
New England is winning this year. They're determined after having the drought they've had of actually winning the thing (and there is a LOT of pressure on Brady and Bellicheat to win one without "cheating").

Also, you're nuts to pick anyone but New York to win the NFC East. Philly won't win shit. They still have nothing in the way of LBs on that team.

Deuce
08-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Also, you're nuts to pick anyone but New York to win the NFC East. Philly won't win shit. They still have nothing in the way of LBs on that team.

:+1:

...and I'm a Cowboys fan.

JBHuskers
08-03-2012, 08:07 AM
There are always surprise teams and always disappointments.

Deuce
08-03-2012, 08:22 AM
True...I just hope it's not any teams in the NFC east. Besides Dallas of course. It's been a rough 15 years for us Cowpoke fans. Jerry talking about wanting some 'glory hole' doesn't help either. Not to mention calling all out the world champs and how we're going to kick their butts. :fp:

morsdraconis
08-05-2012, 07:55 PM
THANK GOD, football is back (NFL Preseason, that is)! Oh how I missed you great love of mine.

JBHuskers
08-06-2012, 12:51 PM
So we have replacement refs, and in last nights game....they screwed up the COIN TOSS :D :fp:

JBHuskers
08-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Grab your :popcorn: T.O. in talks with the Seahawks.

morsdraconis
08-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Apparently he was pretty good during the tryout he had with them as well.

JBHuskers
08-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Apparently he was pretty good during the tryout he had with them as well.

He is a physical freak. Not gonna be surprised if he plays again.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

skipwondah33
08-06-2012, 03:44 PM
He is a physical freak. Not gonna be surprised if he plays again. That and you can say whatever you want about his attitude but that man works his ass off with training.

Reports are that he ran under 4.5 in the 40...coming off major knee surgery and being 38

JBHuskers
08-06-2012, 03:52 PM
It seems like he's been 38 forever. :D

JBHuskers
08-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Not too surprising. Cleveland names Weeden the starter officially.

Also Blackmon finally signed with the Jags today as well.

jaymo76
08-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Grab your :popcorn: T.O. in talks with the Seahawks.

:fp: The Seahawks have enough issues already. Why bring on more baggage?

JBHuskers
08-06-2012, 05:09 PM

Maybe they're auditioning for Hard Knocks 2013 :D

steelerfan
08-06-2012, 05:58 PM

You know who the HC is, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

psusnoop
08-07-2012, 12:16 PM
You know who the HC is, right?

:D

JBHuskers
08-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Holy. Shit.

Just found out the replacement referee (white hat) of the Hall of Fame Game was released mid-season from the LINGERIE FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

morsdraconis
08-08-2012, 12:11 PM
For anyone that didn't know, the first ever female referee will be refereeing the Chargers vs Packers Preseason game on Thursday night. About god damn time!

JBHuskers
08-09-2012, 02:33 PM
She's kinda cute .... will she flag someone for hitting on her? :D

http://timenewsfeed.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/referee-shannon-eastin-0807.jpg?w=600&h=400&crop=1

morsdraconis
08-09-2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah. She's definitely not bad lookin'. If I can't watch Washington tonight, I'll definitely watch the one with her refereeing since I'm sure the announcers are going to talk about it 40 billion times during the game.

JBHuskers
08-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Yeah. She's definitely not bad lookin'. If I can't watch Washington tonight, I'll definitely watch the one with her refereeing since I'm sure the announcers are going to talk about it 40 trillion times during the game.

Fixed.

skipwondah33
08-09-2012, 03:16 PM
Sweet wife called up DirecTV and told them that Deion and Eli have been on TV saying that it was free haha (she said more than just that)....so we get it for free this season.

I've had it for 5-6 years now, last year paid $19.99/month for it.

SmoothPancakes
08-11-2012, 09:26 PM
And NOW it is officially time for the NFL season. :D Chad Johnson arrested for headbutting his wife. :fp:

morsdraconis
08-11-2012, 09:28 PM
:fp:

Wow.

baseballplyrmvp
08-11-2012, 09:30 PM
i wonder if T.O. is gonna start flapping his arms if he scores tonight?

baseballplyrmvp
08-11-2012, 09:36 PM
fox needs someone to run the camera better. instead of zooming in on matt hasselbeck, they should have zoomed in on the cheerleader's ass dancing around in the background. :hump:

jaymo76
08-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Russel Wilson and Matt Flynn both looked really good tonight. I know it's only exhibition, but that may be a good sign for the Seahawks. Oh and even though those unis are ugly as sin, they are not as bad looking on HD... still bad just not as bad.

Rudy
08-12-2012, 06:38 AM
Very disappointed in Chad Johnson who was actually going to contribute this year. He may be let go.

A lot of young Dolphin players have looked good in camp so far. The OL and running game need some work. The funny thing is the weakest area of the team by one beat writer is secondary which is young but talented. They have 3 really good young CBs and I expected this area to be a strength.

souljahbill
08-12-2012, 07:05 AM
Very disappointed in Chad Johnson who was actually going to contribute this year. He may be let go.

Think the headbutt was to get more tv time on Hard Knocks?

baseballplyrmvp
08-12-2012, 09:13 AM
Russel Wilson and Matt Flynn both looked really good tonight. I know it's only exhibition, but that may be a good sign for the Seahawks. Oh and even though those unis are ugly as sin, they are not as bad looking on HD... still bad just not as bad.

russel wilson was impressive. aside from that dumb lob pass into the endzone, he did very well last night. that bootleg that he had on his td run was beautiful. flynn looked efficient early on; he looks a lot more comfortable in the pocket than what tavaris did last year. seattle could be a sleeper team this year....maybe a wildcard team?

JeffHCross
08-12-2012, 10:30 AM
Think the headbutt was to get more tv time on Hard Knocks?Since I haven't seen it mentioned here ...

Reports yesterday was that the headbutt was the result of an argument. Reportedly, the argument started because Johnson (who has been married a whole month) found a receipt for condoms in the couple's car.

steelerfan
08-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Since I haven't seen it mentioned here ...

Reports yesterday was that the headbutt was the result of an argument. Reportedly, the argument started because Johnson (who has been married a whole month) found a receipt for condoms in the couple's car.

Looks like he picked a good one. :fp:

Rudy
08-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Chad Johnson will get more time on Hard Knocks whether he likes it or not. According to sources this is very out of character (domestic violence, not buying tons of condoms) for Chad and it's his first arrest in an 11 year NFL career.

SmoothPancakes
08-12-2012, 07:44 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/305096_425336690846358_2126454001_n.jpg

Rudy
08-13-2012, 04:42 AM
No real shock there. Joe Philbin is sending a message that he will follow through on what he preaches about good character and not being stupid. David Hyde of the Sun Sentinel said if he was willing to dump Brandon Marshall for next to nothing then why would he put up with an old Chad Johnson and his act?

SmoothPancakes
08-13-2012, 05:00 AM
No real shock there. Joe Philbin is sending a message that he will follow through on what he preaches about good character and not being stupid. David Hyde of the Sun Sentinel said if he was willing to dump Brandon Marshall for next to nothing then why would he put up with an old Chad Johnson and his act?

See, the thing I'm wondering there, is that since he wasn't going to put up with Brandon Marshall's BS, why the hell did they go and get Chad Johnson? It was ONLY a matter of time with him.

morsdraconis
08-13-2012, 05:18 AM
See, the thing I'm wondering there, is that since he wasn't going to put up with Brandon Marshall's BS, why the hell did they go and get Chad Johnson? It was ONLY a matter of time with him.

Because everything I've read is that his antics are on the field antics (talkin' trash, showboating, etc) and he's nothing but a fine upstanding citizen off the field. This legal scuffle that he's in now is the first of any kind as far as I've seen.

Rudy
08-13-2012, 03:58 PM
The initial decision to sign him may not have been the coach's idea. Jeff Ireland has final say on personel decisions.

Dolphin players were upset over the decision and most guys liked him. The team had a bad practice today as well.

jaymo76
08-13-2012, 04:40 PM
I just watched the replay of the TB/Miami game and wasn't all thet impressed with regards to Miami. If the D isn't lock down I think this team will struggle to score points and win games. I love Cam Wake but more players on the other side of the ball will need to step up for Miami to be successful. Tannehill looked decent but I'm still not convinced.

Rudy
08-13-2012, 06:33 PM
The Dolphins players, coaches and beat writers were disappointed with Miami's defense. No question their failure last year in the first half really hurt the team. They will have to carry this team early on and they better do it. We still have to remember this is preseason and week one preseason. The Dolphins front 7 is a pretty veteran group and vets have a hard time getting their intensity up for presason.

I always get amused by guys that use preseason stats to adjust their fantasy boards. It's the worst thing you can do. All you need to research is the depth chart. I'll always remember Marshall Faulk doing squat as a rookie in preseason and then bust out 145 yards and 3 TDs in week one. Gameplanning and intensity goes up a ton when the real season begins.

psusnoop
08-14-2012, 10:42 AM
JB is praying to the gods of Football right now that Urlacher is a fast healer :nod:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Bears announced @burlacher54 underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, still hoping to play in regular-season opener.

skipwondah33
08-14-2012, 10:54 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8267770/mike-wallace-pittsburgh-steelers-back-week-1-sources-say

Not a smart move Mike. Going to have to wait until next off-season to even begin discussions on a new deal with the Steelers...unless that is not his plan to begin with.

Bettis tried to explain to you the Steelers MO.

And can only hurt you doing the regular

psuexv
08-14-2012, 12:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp12/story/_/id/8267770/mike-wallace-pittsburgh-steelers-back-week-1-sources-say

Not a smart move Mike. Going to have to wait until next off-season to even begin discussions on a new deal with the Steelers...unless that is not his plan to begin with.

Yep

JBHuskers
08-14-2012, 02:26 PM
Hall of Fame Game this weekend, so let's shift from the offseason talk to looking ahead to the season. I think it's going to be a crazy one.

SUPER BOWL
Chicago d. Pittsburgh

I guess I'm not the only one thinking crazy.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8267780/nfl-why-chicago-bears-super-bowl-contenders

steelerfan
08-14-2012, 11:46 PM

The article, if accurate, only says he'd return BEFORE the first game. I've seen the Steelers extend contacts on Saturday night before Opening Day. This is not a concern and only would be if he doesn't return before Opening Day.

Last week, it was reported that Wallace said he doesn't want $100 M, or even $50 M (the Steelers can still afford that) and that he's not talking to the media because he's tired of his words being misrepresented (ie he wants "Fitzgerald money").

I still say he gets a long-term deal before the opener and, if not, he's there for the opening kick in Denver.

psusnoop
08-15-2012, 06:37 AM
I want Wallace back and when he said he wasn't looking for that kind of money that made me feel better but unless he gets back to work soon I'm not going to be happy.

Missing lots of valuable time with Ben and Company learning the new offense and it's little tendencies scares me that he is going to be playing from behind (that sounded so wrong) all year.

psuexv
08-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Missing lots of valuable time with Ben and Company learning the new offense and it's little tendencies scares me that he is going to be playing from behind (that sounded so wrong) all year.

this. I think he gets a long term deal as well but it would be nice to have him in camp to learn this new system.

psusnoop
08-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Honest question here because I can recall or I'm simply not remembering it but tell me the last time a hold out went out that year and had a year comparable to those they had before holding out?

skipwondah33
08-15-2012, 09:03 AM
The article, if accurate, only says he'd return BEFORE the first game. I've seen the Steelers extend contacts on Saturday night before Opening Day. This is not a concern and only would be if he doesn't return before Opening Day.

Last week, it was reported that Wallace said he doesn't want $100 M, or even $50 M (the Steelers can still afford that) and that he's not talking to the media because he's tired of his words being misrepresented (ie he wants "Fitzgerald money").

I still say he gets a long-term deal before the opener and, if not, he's there for the opening kick in Denver.

I know but if you plan on showing up before Week 1...then why not show up now?

This is and will only hurt him. I don't care what kind of training he is doing, he isn't doing it in a team environment and with the team. Out of all players, he especially should be in learning this offense considering how his numbers declined

Can't recall but Darrelle Revis held out as well a good part of camp if I'm not mistaken...then he dealt with hamstring problems majority of camp and the start of that season I believe.

I know injuries can happen regardless but coming into camp late trying to prepare and go full speed that you haven't been getting can only hurt.

With all that said I know he will get a long term deal and won't miss any games due to it. Still would be beneficial to him to be in now.

morsdraconis
08-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Honest question here because I can recall or I'm simply not remembering it but tell me the last time a hold out went out that year and had a year comparable to those they had before holding out?

Chris Johnson RB Tennessee comes to mind. I can't remember if he held out last year or the year before, but, besides last year where I think he played hurt most of the year, he's been on pace for being amazing.

psuexv
08-15-2012, 10:05 AM
Chris Johnson RB Tennessee comes to mind. I can't remember if he held out last year or the year before, but, besides last year where I think he played hurt most of the year, he's been on pace for being amazing.

It was last year that he held out. And if you look at his numbers it took him a good bit of the 1st half of the season to get into game shape.

skipwondah33
08-15-2012, 10:12 AM
It was last year that he held out. And if you look at his numbers it took him a good bit of the 1st half of the season to get into game shape.+1

morsdraconis
08-15-2012, 10:59 AM
+1

But that could have also been because of the lack of offseason workouts in general and the fact that MANY NFL players didn't think we were going to have a season at all, so they only did about a 3rd of their normal offseason training regiment.

Also, his carries dropped pretty significantly (50 less carries). Gotta think with the same amount of carries, his numbers are right up there again with his previous two years.

skipwondah33
08-15-2012, 11:02 AM
But that could have also been because of the lack of offseason workouts in general and the fact that MANY NFL players didn't think we were going to have a season at all, so they only did about a 3rd of their normal offseason training regiment.

Also, his carries dropped pretty significantly (50 less carries). Gotta think with the same amount of carries, his numbers are right up there again with his previous two years.He didn't know the Offense as well either. New Coach, new system.

Still all of that may be true but holding out of training camp definitely did not help

psuexv
08-15-2012, 12:03 PM
IIRC though, his limited carries early on were because of him not being game ready. I only know because I had him in fantasy last year :)

steelerfan
08-15-2012, 12:10 PM
this. I think he gets a long term deal as well but it would be nice to have him in camp to learn this new system.

He's had the playbook for months, fwiw.

JBHuskers
08-15-2012, 12:16 PM
I understand you think you need to get paid more, but NFL training camp holdouts just annoy me.

steelerfan
08-15-2012, 12:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

skipwondah33
08-15-2012, 12:22 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Basketball really isn't that hard either...you can skate by athleticism and footwork more than anything IMO..or a jump shot which is honed by practice.

Football not so much.

Brown got his deal...

JBHuskers
08-15-2012, 12:28 PM
JB is praying to the gods of Football right now that Urlacher is a fast healer :nod:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Bears announced @burlacher54 underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, still hoping to play in regular-season opener.

Those type of things aren't too terrible to come back from. I'm not overly worried. He's getting older, it's going to happen.

psuexv
08-15-2012, 12:54 PM
He's had the playbook for months, fwiw.

Reading a playbook though doesn't carry the same weight of running through those plays and learning the timing with your teammates. If it did, nobody would come to preseason camp.

steelerfan
08-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Basketball really isn't that hard either...you can skate by athleticism and footwork more than anything IMO..or a jump shot which is honed by practice.

Football not so much.

Brown got his deal...

Yeah, it was a joke.

You remember when Ward held out? What was that? 2007? Everyone panicked and, in the end, it was a non-issue.

psuexv
08-15-2012, 01:07 PM
Yeah, it was a joke.

You remember when Ward held out? What was that? 2007? Everyone panicked and, in the end, it was a non-issue.

Not panicking as I think we are ok with playmakers to allow him to learn and develop for a couple of games. Ward situation was a little different as he was what a 10 year veteran at that point in an established offensive system, this is a brand new offense.

And I would just think with Brown out performing him the 2nd half of last year, Brown in camp and learning this new offense and probably gaining a really good relationship with Ben as they are learning it together that Wallace would want to get his ass into camp so he can still stay the #1 and get his payday.

skipwondah33
08-15-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeah, it was a joke.

Ward contributed in more ways than Wallace can/could as well.

And he said that was his biggest regret in the end.

As Coach Tomlin said "it's unfortunate for him...and I mean that when I say it's unfortunate for him that he is not here with us"

JBHuskers
08-15-2012, 04:02 PM
Well the Steelers and Bears have something in common, their star LB's (Urlacher & Harrison) will both have minor procedures on their knee and hope to be back for the regular season opener.

SmoothPancakes
08-15-2012, 07:37 PM
I understand you think you need to get paid more, but NFL training camp holdouts just annoy me.

Anybody holding out annoys me. A bunch of whiny overpaid bitches. I never have and never will have any sympathy for some "poor NFL player" who holds out because he wants more money. It's called pull the stick out of your vagina and get the fuck back on the field.

souljahbill
08-15-2012, 09:09 PM
I'm of the opposite viewpoint. The players put their bodies through hell to make the league billions of dollars. With contracts not being guaranteed, I say hold out if you can and strike while the iron is hot. Careers are too short and if you have value, you have to get all you can cause once that value is lost, it's hard the chances of getting it back are essentially nil.

SmoothPancakes
08-15-2012, 09:41 PM
They put their bodies through hell by choice. They want to hold out for more money, fine, enjoy sitting at home while someone who WANTS to play fills your spot. I'd play for a fraction of the amount these crybabies want, just to be able to actually play in the NFL. Instead, once these guys get to the NFL, it's "wah wah wah, I want more money, wah wah wah".

JeffHCross
08-15-2012, 10:09 PM
I'm about half-and-half on it. I can understand holding out for more years (job security) or guaranteed money. But just holding out for more money period ... get out.

steelerfan
08-15-2012, 10:32 PM
To be clear, and as has been pointed out in this thread, Wallace is not under contract and therefore he is not holding out. He has a RFA tender of 1-year, $2.74 M which he has not signed.

One belief is that he will show up immediately after the Steelers break camo on Friday. That mostly stems from recent (today) comments by Emmanuel Sanders, among others. We'll see.

psuexv
08-15-2012, 11:16 PM
What Matt said.

However, on the issue of holdouts. I agree with Smooth. Yeah these guys make the league billions of dollars but so do a lot of employees for a lot of other companies. The players make a very, very good salary for what their bosses make. They are no different than any other employee at any othe fortune 500 or any company except they have this "power" to be able to not show up for work and not get fired.

JeffHCross
08-15-2012, 11:45 PM
Yeah, I was speaking more to the general idea of a hold-out, not Wallace specifically.

steelerfan
08-15-2012, 11:49 PM
What Matt said.

However, on the issue of holdouts. I agree with Smooth. Yeah these guys make the league billions of dollars but so do a lot of employees for a lot of other companies. The players make a very, very good salary for what their bosses make. They are no different than any other employee at any othe fortune 500 or any company except they have this "power" to be able to not show up for work and not get fired.

True.

However the average NFL career is, what? 4 years? It doesn't compare to the 40 years one would spend in the business world.

JeffHCross
08-15-2012, 11:55 PM
However the average NFL career is, what? 4 years? It doesn't compare to the 40 years one would spend in the business world.However, the average NFL salary is probably more than 10x the average business world salary (not counting CEOs), especially for their ages. And NFL experience does not preclude them from going into the business world in the future to work like the rest of us.

I understand that the players want to maximize their salary. Everyone does. But that doesn't mean I have sympathy.

steelerfan
08-16-2012, 12:01 AM
However, the average NFL salary is probably more than 10x the average business world salary (not counting CEOs), especially for their ages. And NFL experience does not preclude them from going into the business world in the future to work like the rest of us.

I understand that the players want to maximize their salary. Everyone does. But that doesn't mean I have sympathy.

I don't sympathize either. But, in their shoes, I would get every nickel I could from my talent so that I never had to enter the business world.

There are plenty of guys who have short NFL careers, make a few hundred thousand, and then have to face reality like the rest of us. Wallace has never had a huge payday, he hasn't hit the lottery so to speak. Can't blame him for making sure that his opportunity ends up with him being set for life.

morsdraconis
08-16-2012, 04:31 AM
Wallace has never had a huge payday, he hasn't hit the lottery so to speak. Can't blame him for making sure that his opportunity ends up with him being set for life.

That above is why I NEVER have a problem with these guys making sure they get what the market deems they are worth in the NFL. If that means missing a training camp or workouts or whatever, I have no problem with it. Pay the man what his skill set says he's worth and let's move on.

Rudy
08-16-2012, 05:06 AM
To be clear, and as has been pointed out in this thread, Wallace is not under contract and therefore he is not holding out. He has a RFA tender of 1-year, $2.74 M which he has not signed.

Exactly. This is not a holdout by the player.

I'm glad the new CBA cut down on the length of rookie contracts too. Rookies had little leverage when signing their deals in the past and this led to a lot of true holdouts as young players vastly outplayed minimum wage rookie contracts that could be 5-6 years. Now deals are capped at 4 years unless teams pony up for really good money in year five.

The holdouts I don't like are when a player has signed his NEXT deal and then wants more money. Guys like MJD who signed a longer contract for security with a bonus up front that is pro-rated over the contract and then complain the back end base salaries aren't high enough. I still sympathize with them to a degree because the NFL is a brutal sport but Jax shouldn't give in to MJD. He's still set to make $4-5 million over the next two years (plus the bonus he already got) which is not bad money. He will probably start slowing down soon so it would be pissing money away to extend him.

morsdraconis
08-16-2012, 05:06 AM
Hidden cam video from Hard Knocks of Chad Johnson getting cut by Miami: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/82729666/

Talk about lying to the dude. "No, you aren't cut because of what happened." My ass.

psusnoop
08-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Yeah that was sad he couldn't just tell him yes this is exactly why we cut you. See Brandon Marshall and his antics for reference.

souljahbill
08-16-2012, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to cut him earlier after the profanity press conference and the headbutt just gave them the excuse they were looking for.

JBHuskers
08-17-2012, 02:04 PM
So who's starting for the Dolphins in their preseason game tonight?

http://www.nflgridirongab.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Ryan-Tannehill.jpg

OR

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/the-huddle/2012/06/04/tannehillx-inset-community.jpg

baseballplyrmvp
08-18-2012, 09:52 PM
release tavaris jackson now. i'm sold on russell wilson being the backup

ram29jackson
08-20-2012, 01:14 AM
The Manning family enjoying life !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3KyRLZiCz0

steelerfan
08-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Reports surfacing that Mike Wallace is back in Pittsburgh.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/report-mike-wallace-back-in-pittsburgh/

JBHuskers
08-21-2012, 12:48 PM
From Bleacher Report:

Someone paid $1,500 for this sketch of Lucas Oil Stadium done by Andrew Luck. Great work, Mr. Luck.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/s480x480/551820_10150996373546006_693240700_n.jpg

gschwendt
08-21-2012, 12:54 PM
And he didn't even sign it! :D

JBHuskers
08-21-2012, 02:10 PM
Clinton Portis retires 77 yards short of 10,000.

9 seasons, 9,923 yards.

jaymo76
08-21-2012, 02:39 PM

9 seasons, 9,923 yards.

Nine seasons as an RB is a huge accomplishment. The beating their bodies take in one season is more than most of us would take in two lifetimes. If he ever made it to the hall would he go in as a Bronco or Redskin? I would have to think a Bronco.

jaymo76
08-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Not liking how the Raiders have looked this offseason. It will be a LONG year.

skipwondah33
08-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Nine seasons as an RB is a huge accomplishment. The beating their bodies take in one season is more than most of us would take in two lifetimes. If he ever made it to the hall would he go in as a Bronco or Redskin? I would have to think a Bronco.Especially considering the amount of carries that he had between Denver and his first years in Washington. Pretty sure the number was very high if not in the top 3-4 in the league those years.

ram29jackson
08-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Not liking how the Raiders have looked this offseason. It will be a LONG year.

so, that will just be added to the other 9 or so bad years, not like its a huge let down :D

..but not so fast, the King is dead and i'm sure everyone from the office down to players is breathing alot easier and coaches can really coach now in Oakland

ram29jackson
08-21-2012, 04:26 PM

9 seasons, 9,923 yards.

another part of history..now in the past :( I liked him as a Redskins player

Rudy
08-21-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't think Portis will sniff the HOF. He was special in Denver, very explosive. He just became another workhorse back in Washington and didn't flash the same explosive ability. Certainly a good back but not HOF imo.

JBHuskers
08-21-2012, 05:41 PM
I don't think Portis will sniff the HOF. He was special in Denver, very explosive. He just became another workhorse back in Washington and didn't flash the same explosive ability. Certainly a good back but not HOF imo.

Agreed.

psuexv
08-22-2012, 03:51 PM
And here's a prime example of my problem with holdouts. MJD had a front loaded contract for 5 years, took the biggest part of the money in the 1st couple of years and has 2 years left and wants to renegotiate.

Rudy
08-22-2012, 04:22 PM
And here's a prime example of my problem with holdouts. MJD had a front loaded contract for 5 years, took the biggest part of the money in the 1st couple of years and has 2 years left and wants to renegotiate.

I agree with this. Like I said before, I have sympathy for guys on their first contract but not on the second one. He's got two years left with both years worth close to $7M when you factor in signing bonus. MJD is worth more than that but most of the big RB money has been less than $10M a year in today's NFL so it's not that far off. He's also got a lot of tread on his tires. After these two years he won't be worth that much and he knows it. Still, he's pissing a lot of money away in a situation he can't win.

morsdraconis
08-23-2012, 07:58 AM
The dude is in the last 3-5 years of his career. He wants the money that he deserves (based on market value of other players with similar production). I don't think it's ridiculous at all to be holding out for what you deserve. The guy has been on some of the worst teams ever for one of the worst franchises ever. I don't blame him at all.

psuexv
08-23-2012, 08:07 AM
The dude is in the last 3-5 years of his career. He wants the money that he deserves (based on market value of other players with similar production). I don't think it's ridiculous at all to be holding out for what you deserve. The guy has been on some of the worst teams ever for one of the worst franchises ever. I don't blame him at all.

Then why sign a 5 year contract? He signed a big deal 3 years ago and now that other players are getting more he wants more? Bullshit. Let's say for instance that he completely sucked last year, how do you think it would go over if the Jags wanted to renegotiate his contract and give him less because he isn't performing?

Personally I think all contracts should be incentive based with a min. base salary. That way if he play wells and "deserves" the money as you stated, then he gets it.

psuexv
08-23-2012, 08:09 AM
Why not sign a 2 or 3 year deal so if you play well you have all the right to ask for more money when the contract is up? Oh that's right, these guys want longer deals so they get the guaranteed money even if they suck and then if they play well they can hold out and ask for more.

ryby6969
08-23-2012, 08:17 AM
It has to work both ways. If he was struggling and did not have it anymore, they would have no problem in cutting his ass. It is a business, and I have no problem with him holding out because he has outplayed his contract and wants more.

psuexv
08-23-2012, 08:40 AM
It has to work both ways. If he was struggling and did not have it anymore, they would have no problem in cutting his ass. It is a business, and I have no problem with him holding out because he has outplayed his contract and wants more.

Please, if he rushed for 800 yards last year and only like 5 TDs they'd have a Players Union grievance if they tried to cut him.

ryby6969
08-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Please, if he rushed for 800 yards last year and only like 5 TDs they'd have a Players Union grievance if they tried to cut him.

Players get cut all the time if they do not produce, so I see no issue when they hold out after they have outperformed their contract. Especially at the HB position, where they have a much shorter lifespan in the NFL. They have no problem letting him have the ball 400 times a season, so he should do what HE feels is best for him and his family. If he had only played 1 year of his contract, then okay. But he is going into the 4th year of a 5 year deal.

steelerfan
08-23-2012, 06:07 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/ravens-fans-may-have-been-exposed-to-bat-with-injured-achilles-carrying-rabies/

Rudy
08-23-2012, 07:38 PM

The only way to avoid getting cut is to not suck and/or get a big signing bonus or guarantees in your contract which are pretty rare in the NFL. The NFL teams do hold most of the power in the negotiations but I don't think MJD's contract is so bad that it warrants holding out with two years left. Most NFL teams refuse to renegotiate with two years left, particularly on a second contract. And a lot of times it's about precedent and every other player then wanting to redo their deal. Holding firm keeps that from happening.

JeffHCross
08-23-2012, 11:45 PM
The dude is in the last 3-5 years of his career. He wants the money that he deservesHe got the money he deserves ... in the front-loaded contract.

If every year of a contract was the same, I could agree with the "get what you deserve" concepts. But when players front-load contracts and then ask to renegotiate ... that doesn't sit right. If he's due $14 mil (making up numbers for the sake of discussion), and it's supposed to be 7 & 7 and he wants it to be 10 & 4 ... fine. But I'd imagine, in most cases where a player wants to renegotiate ... it's more like he wants to make it $17 mil or $20 mil.

The market changes. Deal with it.

jaymo76
08-23-2012, 11:55 PM
He got the money he deserves ... in the front-loaded contract.

If every year of a contract was the same, I could agree with the "get what you deserve" concepts. But when players front-load contracts and then ask to renegotiate ... that doesn't sit right. If he's due $14 mil (making up numbers for the sake of discussion), and it's supposed to be 7 & 7 and he wants it to be 10 & 4 ... fine. But I'd imagine, in most cases where a player wants to renegotiate ... it's more like he wants to make it $17 mil or $20 mil.

The market changes. Deal with it.

I have to agree with Jeff. MJD is one heck of a back but when you see people renegotiating FRONT LOADED contracts, that just ticks me off. You want to have you cake and eat it too. I get that RB playing careerrs are short but sign a shorter contract if you want to make bigger bucks and then go out on the field and earn even more dollars.

baseballplyrmvp
08-24-2012, 11:06 PM
hell, if russell wilson keeps this up, he may win the starting job outright for the seahawks. he's been very impressive. i was skeptical of them drafting him, but he's been a steal.

t.o. is worthless.

JBHuskers
08-25-2012, 12:14 AM
hell, if russell wilson keeps this up, he may win the starting job outright for the seahawks. he's been very impressive. i was skeptical of them drafting him, but he's been a steal.

t.o. is worthless.

T.O. got cut in my CCM in Madden 13 in the preseason :D

Rudy
08-25-2012, 06:20 AM
I thought the Dolphins WRs were garbage going into the season. Davone Bess is the only one that is decent along with Brian Hartline who is still hurt and not practicing. Chad Johnson was actually #3 and now he's gone and the rest are garbage. None of the young WRs has stepped up like they hoped. Going to be very tough on Tannehill if nobody can get open or catch the freaking ball. 5 drops on him including 3 by Fasano who dropped only five all of last year. Ugly.

JeffHCross
08-25-2012, 03:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_ZdS1ZrYjDs

Rudy
08-25-2012, 05:39 PM
That was embarrassing. You know what's more embarrassing? The Dolphins WR corp. No way I'm running my Madden franchise with that sorry list of losers. I'll sign Plaxico. I'll trade Reggie Bush for someone. I don't care. I will not be playing with guys that bad. Just way too frustrating. Bess is the only decent WR healthy right now. It doesn't help that Brian Hartline has been out all training camp with a strained calf and the stupid coaches tried him out on the first practice and blew the chance to put him on the PUP. This has been an issue for months with him and he won't be ready until after the season has started. Nobody even knows when he'll be back. He hasn't practiced since the first day of training camp when he tried it out.

steelerfan
08-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Steelers rookie starting RG, David DeCastro may be lost for the season after suffering a knee injury tonight. An MRI will be done when the team returns to Pittsburgh. :(

morsdraconis
08-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Torn MCL, so, yeah, he's done for the year...

steelerfan
08-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Torn MCL, so, yeah, he's done for the year...

Not quite yet. It depends on the ACL, and the severity of the MCL tear.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/report-david-decastro-has-torn-mcl-waiting-for-test-on-acl/

He's likely done though.

psuexv
08-26-2012, 12:00 PM
:bang: :bang: :bang:

JeffHCross
08-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Not that I wish an injury on a player ....
But I might wish one on the Steelers in general ...

:) :nod:

I'm kidding, I'm not a heartless bastard. Sucks for David, seems like a good guy (which makes it worse that he's a Steeler)

steelerfan
08-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Not that I wish an injury on a player ....
But I might wish one on the Steelers in general ...

:) :nod:

I'm kidding, I'm not a heartless bastard. Sucks for David, seems like a good guy (which makes it worse that he's a Steeler)

The good news is that I don't have to live with the bad Karma of wishing injury on the Clowns. No need. :)

Rudy
08-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Dolphins traded Vontae Davis to the Colts for a 2nd rounder. Great potential still but he's also a FA after this year and coaches were frustrated. We have no depth on this team. I don't really like this but if we can turn that 2nd rounder into a WR I will be happy.

JeffHCross
08-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Very true :D We have enough Karma for ourselves (see: Lewis, Ray; Couch, Tim; Newsome, Ozzie; and Ravens, Baltimore)

steelerfan
08-26-2012, 02:19 PM
TO has been cut by Seattle.

SmoothPancakes
08-26-2012, 03:08 PM
T.O. got cut in my CCM in Madden 13 in the preseason :D

TO has been cut by Seattle.

TO got cut by Seattle in week two of the preseason in my CCM.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx305/SmoothPancakes/Smilies/e133062.gif

JeffHCross
08-26-2012, 03:15 PM
TO got cut by Seattle in week two of the preseason in my CCM.Sounds like he's being cut in week 2 of everyone's CCM. Some people are saying that means the mode is scripted. Personally, I think that means that the logic inside the game says that Seattle doesn't need TO.

Obviously, they don't :D

Rudy
08-26-2012, 03:28 PM
Bring TO to Miami along with Plaxico and any WR that has a pulse. Maybe I can convince the Steelers in my CCM to trade Wallace to me.
;)

steelerfan
08-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Well, torn MCL, dislocated knee cap, and some patellar tendon damage. Season over? Likely, but still not certainly.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/report-decastro-has-dislocated-knee-cap-torn-mcl-patellar-tendon-damage/

JeffHCross
08-26-2012, 03:42 PM
I can't think of any good reason to not shut him down and let him heal. Even if you gave him until the Super Bowl, what's the upside of him coming back for that game versus being shut down? Or Week 15? Or anytime between now and the end?

morsdraconis
08-26-2012, 03:44 PM
They'll put him on IR. No way they don't use his spot for someone else in the meantime.

SmoothPancakes
08-26-2012, 03:47 PM
They'll put him on IR. No way they don't use his spot for someone else in the meantime.

Yep. I can see the Steelers or anyone else just completely pissing away a roster spot on a guy who won't even be able to play until the very end of the season at the earliest. Put him on the IR and get a replacement.

SmoothPancakes
08-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Meanwhile, yes, it's only preseason, but Peyton Manning ripping the 49ers a new one. 10/12 for 122 yards and 2 touchdowns with 46 seconds left in the 1st quarter.

morsdraconis
08-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Meanwhile, yes, it's only preseason, but Peyton Manning ripping the 49ers a new one. 10/12 for 122 yards and 2 touchdowns with 46 seconds left in the 1st quarter.

Preseason just doesn't matter man. Believe me, being a Redskins fan, I have wished to god, numerous times, that the preseason actually mattered since there have been times when my team has looked their best during it, but it just doesn't matter.

Rudy
08-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Nobody should forget the Lions were 4-0 in the preseason of their 0-16 triumph.

steelerfan
08-26-2012, 03:57 PM
I can't think of any good reason to not shut him down and let him heal. Even if you gave him until the Super Bowl, what's the upside of him coming back for that game versus being shut down? Or Week 15? Or anytime between now and the end?

As the first article I posted this morning said, it depends on the severity of the MCL tear. If the prognosis is 8 weeks, there's no need to shut him down. Much longer than that? Yes, shut him down.

SmoothPancakes
08-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Preseason just doesn't matter man. Believe me, being a Redskins fan, I have wished to god, numerous times, that the preseason actually mattered since there have been times when my team has looked their best during it, but it just doesn't matter.

Oh I know, I say the same thing. :D I just couldn't help but smile a bit at Peyton Manning seemingly stepping right back into his groove he had while in Indy. Going up against the 49ers 1st string defense, putting up the numbers he has, it gives me increased hope for a big year in Denver.

JeffHCross
08-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Preseason just doesn't matter man. Believe me, being a Redskins fan, I have wished to god, numerous times, that the preseason actually mattered since there have been times when my team has looked their best during it, but it just doesn't matter.I agree that pre-season results don't matter. But that's at least the most Peyton-esque he's looked in a long time. So there's a positive to take away from that.

As the first article I posted this morning said, it depends on the severity of the MCL tear. If the prognosis is 8 weeks, there's no need to shut him down. Much longer than that? Yes, shut him down.Even at 8 weeks, I don't see an upside. Not against the long-term.

SmoothPancakes
08-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Nobody should forget the Lions were 4-0 in the preseason of their 0-16 triumph.

Touche. :D

steelerfan
08-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Even at 8 weeks, I don't see an upside. Not against the long-term.

8 weeks would mean he'd miss only 6 regular season games. The 10 he'd play would be the upside. You know he's a starter, right?

JeffHCross
08-26-2012, 05:45 PM
You know he's a starter, right?Well aware. But also aware that he's a rookie and both the team and the player have to think about the long-term, and the risk of re-injury. Plus the time lost in practice and throwing him out there in mid-season when he's basically in pre-season form.

But I was forgetting about the bye weeks. Does make a slight difference.

steelerfan
08-26-2012, 05:57 PM
Well aware. But also aware that he's a rookie and both the team and the player have to think about the long-term, and the risk of re-injury. Plus the time lost in practice and throwing him out there in mid-season when he's basically in pre-season form.

But I was forgetting about the bye weeks. Does make a slight difference.

The Steelers have held roster spots for injured players for much longer before, it wouldn't be unprecedented. Granted, not for a rookie, but still. All I'm saying is to wait for the full prognosis before deciding what you think they should do.

I agree, he is likely lost for the year. But, until it's official, it's not official.

steelerfan
08-26-2012, 07:05 PM
The latest report says DeCastro will miss 3-5 months. If accurate, no question he goes on IR.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/report-david-decastro-expected-to-miss-3-to-5-months-with-knee-injury/

JBHuskers
08-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Just announced. Russell Wilson will start week one for Seattle.

jaymo76
08-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Having watched the Raiders in preseason thus far I must say that I don't think Carson Palmer will last the season as the starter. He looks out if sync with the offense. I'm not a Palmer fan and I thought it was a mistake to bring him in last year. If I were the Raiders I would cut him and fully bring on the post Davis rebuild era. The team will be lousy anyways so why not.

jaymo76
08-26-2012, 09:03 PM

There is no doubt the kid is impressive. My concern though is the Hawks are going to fast. Give him some time to adjust to the NFL (not preseason) before rushing to play him. He isn't going anywhere. See what Flynn can do and let Wilson learn.

morsdraconis
08-27-2012, 05:03 AM

Yet another team that has ruined the league's fixation on backups! Damn it! And here I was hoping for a 1st rounder for Cousins.

souljahbill
08-27-2012, 06:22 AM
I thought Russell Wilson was one of the top-3 QBs in the country last year and was surprised how late he was taken in the draft. Luck and RGIII are the only QBs I would have take before R.W. I don't think Tannyhill (sp?) or Wheeden (sp?) are nearly as good as he is.

JBHuskers
08-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Dominos keep falling with Tavaris Jackson being traded to Buffalo, the Bills cut Vince Young.

souljahbill
08-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Dominos keep falling with Tavaris Jackson being traded to Buffalo, the Bills cut Vince Young.

Why would anyone pick Tavaris Jackson over Vince Young?

morsdraconis
08-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Why would anyone pick Tavaris Jackson over Vince Young?

Because Vince Young is THAT bad?

steelerfan
08-27-2012, 12:10 PM

:+1:

skipwondah33
08-27-2012, 02:03 PM
Well, torn MCL, dislocated knee cap, and some patellar tendon damage. Season over? Likely, but still not certainly.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/report-decastro-has-dislocated-knee-cap-torn-mcl-patellar-tendon-damage/

Had a very similar injury in HS. Tore my MCL, PCL, miniscus and I believe the patellar tendon.

It was bad....

The Steelers have the worse luck of any team when it comes to lineman injuries.

steelerfan
08-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Report that DeCastro is not going on IR. We will see...

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/report-steelers-will-not-place-david-decastro-on-injured-reserve/

souljahbill
08-27-2012, 03:41 PM

To be worse then Jackson means being on a Jr. High School level. Vince Young can't possibly be worse then him. It's like dividing by 0.

Rudy
08-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Pat Kirwan just tweeted that Atlanta was 0-4 and St. Louis 4-0 in 2011 preseason mode. Those records mean almost nothing.

Jake Long hurt his knee at practice for Miami. We haven't had any big injuries so far. Garrard minor knee and Hartline's calf but no season enders. Long is our best player and this season is quickly going down the toilet if he's out for a long time.

SmoothPancakes
08-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Pat Kirwan just tweeted that Atlanta was 0-4 and St. Louis 4-0 in 2011 preseason mode. Those records mean almost nothing.

Jake Long hurt his knee at practice for Miami. We haven't had any big injuries so far. Garrard minor knee and Hartline's calf but no season enders. Long is our best player and this season is quickly going down the toilet if he's out for a long time.

Well, no offense, but you're already in trouble and the season potentially headed down the toilet when an offensive tackle is the best player on your team. While OT is a very valuable position that you want to be great and be up there near the top, when an OT at the very top, above any QBs, RBs or WRs, you're in trouble.

Also, yes, the records in preseason mean absolutely nothing. Take Denver-San Francisco yesterday afternoon for instance. First quarter, the Broncos and Peyton were ripping the 49ers a new one. Broncos had a 17-0 lead until Alex Smith was able to find Vernon Davis for a 44 yard TD with 45 seconds left to play. Second quarter, with the starters out, Denver got a touchdown and SF a field goal at make it 24-10 at the half. Second half, Broncos don't do a damn thing with their 2nd and 3rd stringers. The 49ers get a very early TD run in the 3rd quarter to make it 24-17, and then kick four straight field goals for the 29-24 win.

If Peyton Manning doesn't get pulled after the first quarter, the way he was just lighting SF's defense up, Broncos most likely win that game and probably end up scoring 30-40 points. Instead, Manning gets pulled, the 2nd string QB can only manage a single TD pass, the other two QBs who played don't do a thing, and the 49ers beat the Broncos on a bunch of field goals.

So trying to claim this or that because a team goes 4-0 or 0-4 or whatever in the preseason, that's stupid. I do, however, believe that you can use individual player performances in the preseason to judge and make a guess for the season to come. Manning and the starting offense for the Broncos steamrolled the 49ers starting defense for one quarter. That gives me hope for the coming season and allows me to make the assumption and educated guess that Manning will probably look much like the Manning the Colts had come week one against Pittsburgh. It also gives me hope that the Broncos offense will be much better this year based on their play so far, and the fact that Manning is in the backfield and not Tebow.

Rudy
08-27-2012, 06:58 PM
I thought the Dolphins had a good chance at .500 with a healthy Garrard, Ocho helping out and a good defense. Now Garrard is hurt, we are starting a rookie QB, none of the young WRs stepped up, Ocho is gone and Hartline is hurt, the defense has looked bad and now traded a very good young CB... ugh. It's going to be a long season for Miami fans. I'm not even sure I want to use them in Madden. The offense will be too painful to run. NO playmakers. I think 6 wins will be a success for this team and it could be a LOT worse.

JeffHCross
08-27-2012, 08:27 PM
I thought Russell Wilson was one of the top-3 QBs in the country last year and was surprised how late he was taken in the draft.5'11". Honestly, that was the only reason.

Rudy
08-27-2012, 08:42 PM
5'11". Honestly, that was the only reason.

Daniel Jerehmiah, former Eagle and Raven scout, is now on Twitter and said he had a high 2nd round grade on Wilson until they measured him at the combine. When he measured 5' 11" he dropped him into the 3rd round. He said guys in the draft room are just too afraid of fighting for a guy with the wrong measurables on draft day.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks

JeffHCross
08-27-2012, 09:48 PM
The thing I've never seen explained, is why is 5'11" a massive problem in the NFL, but not in the Big Ten? The guys are plenty big there too. And Wilson did just fine throwing around massive Wisconsin linemen.

steelerfan
08-27-2012, 09:54 PM
More confirmation that the Steelers will not place DeCastro on IR. O-line Coach Sean Kugler says the injury is "not season ending".

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/kugler-says-decastro-faces-long-comeback-but-thinks-he-will-be-back-this-year/

SmoothPancakes
08-27-2012, 10:27 PM
More confirmation that the Steelers will not place DeCastro on IR. O-line Coach Sean Kugler says the injury is "not season ending".

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08/kugler-says-decastro-faces-long-comeback-but-thinks-he-will-be-back-this-year/

They better hope he's back by week 10 or 12. Anything after that, by the time he'd get back, he's not going to be in shape to just jump in and play. Even right now, he was only in preseason shape, and to be out for at least 2 or 3 months, he's not going to be 100% already because of the injury, and he's going to be even less from not playing, practicing or training for 2-3 months. So unless he's back at the earliest possible estimation, he's probably going to only be useful for the very last weeks of the season or not until the playoffs. If there's even a half decent free agent lineman to pick up, IR DeCastro, give him a full year to recover from the injury, get back into shape, get the leg strengthened back up and get ready for next year. Meanwhile, you have your replacement on the line and you don't have to cut some other play that could maybe contribute in order to keep an extra lineman on the roster until the end of the season when DeCastro might be able to finally return.

steelerfan
08-27-2012, 11:25 PM
They have DeCastro's replacement - last year's starter, Ramon Foster. I know this concept is tough to understand, but that "all-important" 53rd roster spot would be used for a player who would likely be inactive for 12-14 games. It's not a big loss.

As I said before, the Steelers have held spots in the past. In 1995, Rod Woodson was injured on opening day and returned to play in the Super Bowl. In 2010, Aaron Smith was injured early in the season and they held his spot all year, hoping he could return. They went to the Super Bowl and Smith did not play.

With 7 players required to be inactive each week, the spot is not that crucial. Obviously, his progress and/or other injuries could change that at any time.

Rudy
08-28-2012, 04:59 AM
The thing I've never seen explained, is why is 5'11" a massive problem in the NFL, but not in the Big Ten? The guys are plenty big there too. And Wilson did just fine throwing around massive Wisconsin linemen.

Wilson even said before the draft that one reason he chose Wisconsin is to prove he could play behind a big line. He had 2 passes batted down last year which was the same as Luck. RG3 had 9 while the much taller Tannehill had 19 passes batted down. Coach Mike Sherman said when a ball gets batted down on a quick 3 step drop it's the OL's fault for not keeping the DL hands down. But on a 5 to 7 step drop the balls knocked down are on the QB.

http://news.fanfeedr.com/2012/08/27/russell-wilson-is-not-too-small-to-make-a-big-impact-in-the-nfl/

Rudy
08-28-2012, 05:07 AM
With 7 players required to be inactive each week, the spot is not that crucial. Obviously, his progress and/or other injuries could change that at any time.

I agree. Spot 53 just isn't that important. That's why it stuns me when a team like the Giants try to slip a TE through waivers to get on the IR instead of just using one of their 90 training camp spots. My goodness that was dumb to me.

Of course with Miami it looks like the talent only counts to 35 or 40 players. They can churn the bottom 10-15 pretty easily if they want to.

morsdraconis
08-28-2012, 06:58 AM

Wisconsin did a lot of pocket movement and spread pass blocking to give him room to throw the ball through lanes (kind of like the Air Raid does with the wide splits).

It'll be interesting to see what Seattle does to help him. Obviously they are doing something because he had a GREAT preseason game last weekend. The problem is, in changing your blocking scheme (if they really are) just to give the QB passing lanes that normally tall QBs wouldn't require (the 6'4" and 6'5" group), it can be gameplanned against from the defensive standpoint. It makes it easier to blitz those lanes and, therefore, easier to disrupt the flow of the offense.

JBHuskers
08-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Week 1 will be the indicator of how Wilson has adjusted. DC's withhold their blitz packages in the preseason.

psuexv
08-28-2012, 09:49 AM
I believe they said the same thing about Drew Brees and being too short to play in the NFL. He's doing ok :) Not comparing Wilson to Brees by any means just sayin'

I think Brees is 6 foot though

JBHuskers
08-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Just got word that Mike Wallace ended his holdout.

morsdraconis
08-28-2012, 11:03 AM
I believe they said the same thing about Drew Brees and being too short to play in the NFL. He's doing ok :) Not comparing Wilson to Brees by any means just sayin'

I think Brees is 6 foot though

And they do the same thing for him that they'll have to do with Wilson. Blocking schemes must be changed to compensate for the height of the QB. Not only that, but, as New Orleans did, you have to adjust route combinations as well.

skipwondah33
08-28-2012, 12:54 PM
And they do the same thing for him that they'll have to do with Wilson. Blocking schemes must be changed to compensate for the height of the QB. Not only that, but, as New Orleans did, you have to adjust route combinations as well.And have a fairly decent Oline. He was playing with possibly the game's best Guard and Tackle there for sometime.

Though that is not the only reason but it helps.

Besides he has a bionic shoulder

JBHuskers
08-30-2012, 03:14 PM

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s159/jbennett98/dolphins2012.jpg

steelerfan
09-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Former Browns and Ravens owner Art Modell is dead at age 87.

JBHuskers
09-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Former Browns and Ravens owner Art Modell is dead at age 87.

And if :sf: was working in that mortuary, he would have snuck in a Steelers jersey in the casket.

steelerfan
09-06-2012, 12:27 PM
And if :sf: was working in that mortuary, he would have snuck in a Steelers jersey in the casket.

When the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2000, I actually uttered the words, "God bless Art Modell". I was recognizing the fact that, if he wasn't such an asshole, it could have been the Clowns winning the Super Bowl. That would be highly unacceptable.

psusnoop
09-07-2012, 07:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k55Zn6iI8qk

ram29jackson
09-07-2012, 12:47 PM
When the Ravens won the Super Bowl in 2000, I actually uttered the words, "God bless Art Modell". I was recognizing the fact that, if he wasn't such an asshole, it could have been the Clowns winning the Super Bowl. That would be highly unacceptable.

asshole? he's just a business man who made a business decision.

JBHuskers
09-07-2012, 01:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_KDAicF0Yo

morsdraconis
09-07-2012, 01:42 PM
:up:

JBHuskers
09-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Saints players win their appeal and can play in week one. Very interesting. Further punishment cannot be handed down by Goddell unless he has proof of intent to injure. A player performance pool isn't good enough evidence.

JBHuskers
09-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Furthermore, this shows that Goddell was trying to bluff, and didn't think anyone would call his bluff. Vilma did, and the players won. Very very interesting stuff here...

skipwondah33
09-07-2012, 03:28 PM
This thing likely still isn't over...otherwise the NFL would have settled with the Players earlier

JBHuskers
09-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Maybe, maybe not. Goddell could have just assumed the players were going to lay down. The ruling states that he has to have tangible proof of intent to injury; which was widely speculated that he didn't have in the first place, but wanted to make a big name for the sake of safety in the NFL (yet they are still to damn cheap to settle with the refs...which plays into safety big time).

Rudy
09-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Screw Goodell and his judge, jury and executioner approach.

Rudy
09-07-2012, 06:57 PM
Funny John Clayton commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USHZZ5bwASU

CLW
09-09-2012, 09:10 AM
The ONLY reason I miss my DirectTV is Sunday ticket. I still get the Redzone Channel with AT&T but I guess I'm just going to have to "settle" for only 2 games being chosen for me each week. :smh:

steelerfan
09-09-2012, 09:34 AM
The ONLY reason I miss my DirectTV is Sunday ticket. I still get the Redzone Channel with AT&T but I guess I'm just going to have to "settle" for only 2 games being chosen for me each week. :smh:

Go to a bar.

Or, if you're worried that Mitt Romney may see you walk in or out of such an establishment, go to Buffalo Wild Wings. Problem solved. :nod:

steelerfan
09-09-2012, 11:19 AM

morsdraconis
09-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Thank god for free NFL Sunday Ticket this weekend, otherwise I'd have to stream the Redskins game instead of watching Eagles vs Browns :fp:

JBHuskers
09-09-2012, 11:55 AM

That has been the single most overused e-card the past two weeks with (insert team name here).

jaymo76
09-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Thank god for free NFL Sunday Ticket this weekend, otherwise I'd have to stream the Redskins game instead of watching Eagles vs Browns :fp:

Sunday ticket is awesome! I myself will be watching the chiefs vs falcons to start.

JBHuskers
09-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Time for Da Bears to welcome Andrew Luck to the league :nod:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e131/ascribescreed/da_bears.gif

jaymo76
09-09-2012, 12:01 PM

Sunday ticket is awesome! I myself will be watching the chiefs vs falcons to start.

souljahbill
09-09-2012, 12:03 PM
:New_Orleans_Saints: #WhoDat

Rudy
09-09-2012, 12:19 PM
This is the one benefit of Canadian satellite (not getting ESPN is one of the big negatives). Bell TV carries so many different networks from so many different regions I don't have Sunday Ticket but I have 7 different afternoon games available to me:

1:00
Was vs. NO
NE vs. TEN
IND vs. CHI
JAX vs. MIN

4:00
GB vs. SF
SEA vs ARI
CAR vs TB

Of course the Dolphins and Texans aren't on but I get a lot of choice. I get East coast and West coast choices along with central stuff near Winnipeg who show Vikings games. The Indy vs. Chicago one surprised me.

steelerfan
09-09-2012, 12:20 PM
That has been the single most overused e-card the past two weeks with (insert team name here).

That may be, but in this case (Clowns), it's accurate.

ram29jackson
09-09-2012, 05:17 PM
David Akers !!!!

JeffHCross
09-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Tim Tebow is on the hands team for the Jets.

I have to admit ... that's genius.

baseballplyrmvp
09-09-2012, 06:52 PM
arizona is giving this game away to the seahawks. :D

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Time to put a whooping on some Pittsburgh Pussies.

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Go fuck yourself replacement refs, you blind, no talent fucking retards!

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Are these refs fucking serious? Could they be any more fucking incompetent? The rapist did NOT get that fucking time out call off in time. The clock was already fucking 0 before he even made the motion. If you can't even get a fucking basic thing like delay of game right, YOUR FUCKING ASS SHOULDN'T BE ON THE FUCKING FIELD AS A REF!

JBHuskers
09-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Are these refs fucking serious? Could they be any more fucking incompetent? The rapist did NOT get that fucking time out call off in time. The clock was already fucking 0 before he even made the motion. If you can't even get a fucking basic thing like delay of game right, YOUR FUCKING ASS SHOULDN'T BE ON THE FUCKING FIELD AS A REF!

I've been saying this since Da Bears game @ noon. They were terrible in the Packers/Niners game too.

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2012, 08:41 PM
I've been saying this since Da Bears game @ noon. They were terrible in the Packers/Niners game too.

Hell, there's a story on Deadspin, the refs in the Seahawks-Cardinals game gave Seattle a fourth timeout with 30 seconds left in the game, then lied about it trying to cover their asses for their screw up.

morsdraconis
09-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Hell, there's a story on Deadspin, the refs in the Seahawks-Cardinals game gave Seattle a fourth timeout with 30 seconds left in the game, then lied about it trying to cover their asses for their screw up.

No they didn't. That story is going based on Fox's "expert" retired ref saying that they were wrong, but they weren't. If the clock is already stopped, the team isn't charged a TO for an injured player. Seattle didn't get an extra timeout.

JeffHCross
09-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Are these refs fucking serious? Could they be any more fucking incompetent? The rapist did NOT get that fucking time out call off in time. The clock was already fucking 0 before he even made the motion. If you can't even get a fucking basic thing like delay of game right, YOUR FUCKING ASS SHOULDN'T BE ON THE FUCKING FIELD AS A REF!I've seen plenty of "real" refs blow a delay of game. Geez dude.

http://gawker.com/assets/resources/2008/05/decaf-thumb.jpg

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2012, 09:16 PM
No they didn't. That story is going based on Fox's "expert" retired ref saying that they were wrong, but they weren't. If the clock is already stopped, the team isn't charged a TO for an injured player. Seattle didn't get an extra timeout.

Alright. I didn't watch the game, I only have what's being reported to go by, so all I had was what they were saying.

But that still doesn't excuse the incompetent idiots in the Denver-Pitt game. Too many men (two Steelers players) on the field when Denver quick snapped the ball on a play, the refs completely ignore it. The play clock was sitting on 0 LONG before Big Ben ever even TRIED to make the time out motion, he was still kicking his foot to signal the center when it hit 0, the refs completely ignore that and grant the bullshit time out. There's been other issues I'm sure that I've missed.

Either way, regardless, these replacement refs suck and they need to get the regular refs asses back on the field.

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2012, 09:20 PM
I've seen plenty of "real" refs blow a delay of game. Geez dude.

I was just agitated and pissed off when I posted that. McGahee fumbling the ball, the refs blowing ass on the field, the defense not bothering to wrap the hell up when tackling, the offensive line just letting anyone and their goddamn grandma blitz through untouched and sack Manning. It's been a very, very agitating first half for me.

souljahbill
09-09-2012, 09:31 PM
I've seen plenty of "real" refs blow a delay of game. Geez dude.

ROFLMAO!!!

ram29jackson
09-09-2012, 10:18 PM

:D they got the..Steelers challenge call right because the guys knee was down, so stop complaining :D

I will say that i'm not happy as a fan with inexperienced refs on the whole either.

ram29jackson
09-09-2012, 10:31 PM
aaand Manning and the Broncos take game 1...because the defense sealed the deal

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2012, 11:01 PM
:D they got the..Steelers challenge call right because the guys knee was down, so stop complaining :D

I will say that i'm not happy as a fan with inexperienced refs on the whole either.

Yeah, like I said, it was just a very very aggravating first half for me, and the replacement refs caught some flak from it. Nothing personal against them, I just get very emotionally invested in Broncos games and with the way that first half was going at the time, the refs ended up in the line of fire.

I still can't wait until the regular refs are back on the field. As much as these replacement refs try to do good, they will never be on the same level as the refs that have been doing these games for years and have loads of experience in the stripes, and I'll feel much better as a fan having the regulars out there making the calls.

aaand Manning and the Broncos take game 1...because the defense sealed the deal

Yep. Honestly, if Tracy Porter doesn't get that pick six, I'm not sure how the game plays out. The defense had trouble stopping Pittsburgh multiple times. Big Ben has proven he can lead that offense down the field for game winning drives time and time again, I was not too confident in the defense standing up and stopping them in that situation. It's the first game of the season, new players on the defense, nothing proven that they could without a doubt get the job done. So I was worried. Then Porter got the jump on the pass and took it to the house.

Peyton Manning definitely looked like the Peyton Manning of old. While he was only sacked twice (at least according to ESPN), he still got hit and had plenty of contact, so I'm not at all worried about the neck after tonight. Despite being out for so long, he looked like the classic Manning he was with the Colts, commanding the backfield and offense, and throwing passes that he has thrown all career. So he should be full speed ahead the rest of this season.

Defense may still be an issue, as it was at times during the game tonight, but hopefully Fox and Del Rio can get things shored up. A lot of challenges still ahead, at Atlanta, Houston, at New England, New Orleans, at Baltimore, all 6 showdowns with Kansas City, Oakland and San Diego (I don't care how down the Raiders or Chargers or whoever may be, the AFC West showdowns between the Broncos and the rest are ALWAYS battles and never a given), so it's gonna be a battle every week for the defense.

ram29jackson
09-09-2012, 11:16 PM
3 sacks at the end..and I want the dance from Von Miller after the first one in a gif !

SmoothPancakes
09-09-2012, 11:32 PM
3 sacks at the end..and I want the dance from Von Miller after the first one in a gif !

Yeah, that really surprised me at the end. The Broncos tore through that o-line like paper there at the end.

JBHuskers
09-09-2012, 11:44 PM
The refs in the Niner/Packer game threw a flag at a sneeze :D

ram29jackson
09-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Yeah, that really surprised me at the end. The Broncos tore through that o-line like paper there at the end.

in the words of the great Jumbo ( the Replacements movie Asian offensive lineman)

why don't you try scrambling ? :D

ram29jackson
09-09-2012, 11:47 PM
The refs in the Niner/Packer game threw a flag at a sneeze :D

illegal use of the nose

JBHuskers
09-09-2012, 11:53 PM
illegal use of the nose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNHsk57f24

Rudy
09-10-2012, 04:48 AM
I thought the refs did a pretty decent job in the GB-49ers game. Weren't perfect, saw a LB get a way with a blatant hold on one pass, but the real refs are far from perfect too. I would say for the most part I haven't been annoyed with the refs anymore than a normal NFL game.

ram29jackson
09-10-2012, 05:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sholjRPPzb4

punter
09-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Finally after years and years Atlanta looks like they have a grate offence this year, every thing looked to be clicking this week on that side of the ball.

punter
09-10-2012, 05:50 PM

AFC EAST
AFC NORTH
AFC SOUTH
AFC WEST

1. New England
1. Pittsburgh
1. Houston
1. Kansas City

2. Buffalo
2. Cincinnati *
2. Tennessee
2. Denver *

3. NY Jets
3. Baltimore
3. Jacksonville
3. San Diego

4. Miami
4. Cleveland
4. Indianapolis
4. Oakland

NFC EAST
NFC NORTH
NFC SOUTH
NFC WEST

1. Philadelphia
1. Green Bay
1. Atlanta
1. San Francisco

2. Washington
2. Chicago *
2. New Orleans *
2. Seattle

3. NY Giants
3. Detroit
3. Carolina
3. Arizona

4. Dallas
4. Minneapolis
4. Tampa Bay
4. St. Louis

WILD CARD ROUND
Kansas City d. Cincinnati
Denver d. Houston
Chicago d. Atlanta
Philadelphia d. New Orleans

DIVISIONAL ROUND
Pittsburgh d. Kansas City
Denver d. New England
Philadelphia d. Green Bay
Chicago d. San Francisco

CONFERENCE ROUND
Pittsburgh d. Denver
Chicago d. Philadelphia

SUPER BOWL
Chicago d. Pittsburgh

Bears in the Super Bowl:sick:
But they did just beat the worst team in the NFL so I guess there one game closer to that goal.

ryby6969
09-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Where are all the Steeler guys? :D

steelerfan
09-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Where are all the Steeler guys? :D

I'm here.

I know you, being a Baltimore fan, believe Opening Day is a huge deal (afterall your team gave your coach a Gatorade bath on Opening Day last year). However I've been a fan of the Steelers for 33 years, so I don't overreact to anything. They lost on the road, with 6 starters out, to a team that figures to be a division winner. Big deal.

ryby6969
09-10-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm here.

I know you, being a Baltimore fan, believe Opening Day is a huge deal (afterall your team gave your coach a Gatorade bath on Opening Day last year). However I've been a fan of the Steelers for 33 years, so I don't overreact to anything. They lost on the road, with 6 starters out, to a team that figures to be a division winner. Big deal.

It is a big deal when you cannot run the ball or protect your QB with the "great" new O-line you draft. But whatever, you are the expert.;)

SmoothPancakes
09-10-2012, 07:07 PM
It is a big deal when you cannot run the ball or protect your QB with the "great" new O-line you draft. But whatever, you are the expert.;)

No, it's just Denver has done a great job of getting a punishing defensive line and LBs over the years through the draft or free agency.

Their DBs have been what has killed them at times over the years. Tracy Porter has been a huge addition in a weak position. CB is still a concern, with Champ and Porter basically the only ones we have to lead the CBs. The rest are rookies or young guys that aren't on that level yet. Safety, ugh, still a concern.

Von Miller was a huge upgrade to a previously lacking LB corps, with Wesley Woodyard and Joe Mays helping to fill the holes. Their defensive line has been steadily improved over the years with Robert Ayers, Elvis Dumervil, Ty Warren, Derek Wolfe (may be a rookie but I have hopes of a great career for him), and Justin Bannon.

And while Big Ben was sacked 5 times, three of those came on the last Pittsburgh drive in the final two minutes of the game, when the o-line, for whatever reason, just fell apart and let Denver rush in left and right.

punter
09-10-2012, 07:09 PM
(afterall your team gave your coach a Gatorade bath on Opening Day last year.)
:clap:

steelerfan
09-10-2012, 07:17 PM

If you were the expert, you'd know that 3 of their 5 starting O-linemen were out by halftime. ;)

ram29jackson
09-10-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm here.

thats pretty close to the excuse at the end of last year too :D injuries blah blah :D
Pitt is Denvers bitch now :D. Everybody do the Von Miller Dance :D..and he did the Tebow too:D...and a months worth of sacks in 3 plays :D

..theres too much black in the AFC North..and dark brown is close enough to black too

ryby6969
09-10-2012, 07:25 PM
No, it's just Denver has done a great job of getting a punishing defensive line and LBs over the years through the draft or free agency.

Their DBs have been what has killed them at times over the years. Tracy Porter has been a huge addition in a weak position. CB is still a concern, with Champ and Porter basically the only ones we have to lead the CBs. The rest are rookies or young guys that aren't on that level yet. Safety, ugh, still a concern.

Von Miller was a huge upgrade to a previously lacking LB corps, with Wesley Woodyard and Joe Mays helping to fill the holes. Their defensive line has been steadily improved over the years with Robert Ayers, Elvis Dumervil, Ty Warren, Derek Wolfe (may be a rookie but I have hopes of a great career for him), and Justin Bannon.

And while Big Ben was sacked 5 times, three of those came on the last Pittsburgh drive in the final two minutes of the game, when the o-line, for whatever reason, just fell apart and let Denver rush in left and right.

And they will continue to face defense's that have very good/great D-lines this season. IF they continue to not be able to run the ball, they will struggle bad on offense. Their defense is getting old, and it is starting to show.

SmoothPancakes
09-10-2012, 07:34 PM
thats pretty close to the excuse at the end of last year too :D injuries blah blah :D
Pitt is Denvers bitch now :D. Everybody do the Von Miller Dance :D..and he did the Tebow too:D...and a months worth of sacks in 3 plays :D

..theres too much black in the AFC North..and dark brown is close enough to black too

Well, in this case it is true. I forgot about the injuries the Steelers had until steeler mentioned it, but they did have a number of injuries on their O-line last night, and while the backups may have done a decent job, they're still gonna be weaker overall compared to the everyday starters.

And they will continue to face defense's that have very good/great D-lines this season. IF they continue to not be able to run the ball, they will struggle bad on offense. Their defense is getting old, and it is starting to show.

Oh I know they will. Though granted they have a more favorable schedule, but yes, they'll still be tested every week. But, they still have a pretty good O-line and were doing a great job for the most past last night. It wasn't until the injuries that Denver started getting more consistent pressure, and it wasn't until that interception at the end that seemed to break the back of the Pittsburgh offense, as their O-line essentially turned into a paper bag on that offensive drive following that pick six.

Rudy
09-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Pitt has shot themselves in the foot by giving up those big plays to DT the last couple of games. Losing Ryan Clark at safety with his illness certainly hurts although Polamalu took a bad angle on that TD last night.

jaymo76
09-10-2012, 07:58 PM
I was really pulling for Denver last night. I'm not a Manning fan but I wanted him to do well. I hate saying that being a Raiders fan but good on Peyton and Denver for a well deserved win.

Okay now to get ready for SD to thrash my Raiders.

steelerfan
09-10-2012, 08:00 PM

Excuse? :D ....no :D ....besides, no one cares :D ....what you think, Forum Idiot :D ....I thought G set you straight on these moronic posts :D ....guess not? :D

ram29jackson
09-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Excuse? :D ....no :D ....besides, no one cares :D ....what you think, Forum Idiot :D ....I thought G set you straight on these moronic posts :D ....guess not? :D

SmoothPancakes
09-10-2012, 08:18 PM
I was really pulling for Denver last night. I'm not a Manning fan but I wanted him to do well. I hate saying that being a Raiders fan but good on Peyton and Denver for a well deserved win.

Okay now to get ready for SD to thrash my Raiders.

Is it bad of me as a Broncos fan that over the years I've started hating the Chargers more than I hate the Raiders? :D

punter
09-10-2012, 08:48 PM
In his pregame speech, Coach Lombardi simply told his players that they'd better not lose to a team from "that Mickey Mouse league," the AFL.(AFC)

jaymo76
09-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Is it bad of me as a Broncos fan that over the years I've started hating the Chargers more than I hate the Raiders? :D

Not al all... the Raiders haven't deserved that type of hate as they just haven't been very competitive in the last decade.

SmoothPancakes
09-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Not al all... the Raiders haven't deserved that type of hate as they just haven't been very competitive in the last decade.

Well, not only that but the Chargers players and their fans have become some cocky motherfuckers over the years and almost go out of their way to make you hate them. Thus why I am happy as hell to see the Chargers suck, when they suck. I'm hoping for a 6 win season or worse for the Chargers just to put them in their place. :D

ram29jackson
09-10-2012, 10:52 PM
a whopping 6 points :Oakland_Raiders: at half

punter
09-10-2012, 11:40 PM

That's what happens when your team captain is a Punter
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm294/punterking/1122.jpg

SmoothPancakes
09-11-2012, 12:58 AM

Yeah, and it was a whopping 10 points for San Diego at half, and was only 3 points until they managed to finally score a TD with 3 minutes left to play.

SmoothPancakes
09-11-2012, 03:00 AM

Actually, it sounds like they were wrong now. ESPN has a couple stories on it, they received a fourth timeout that they shouldn't have. Ultimately it doesn't matter because they still lost, but it sounds like the official word is they were given a fourth timeout.

That story in the first link also talks about a fuck up by the clock operator in Detroit, who let the 40 second clock run for three or four seconds before resuming running the game clock after a play by Sam Bradford, forcing St. Louis to use a timeout with 2:03 left, when they should have been able to run the clock straight to the two minute warning without a timeout, had the game clock been running like it should have.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8362901/fourth-timeout-granted-twice-nfl-game

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8363525/nfl-official-replacement-refs-schedule-weeks

Rudy
09-11-2012, 05:01 AM
I've always hated GM AJ Smith of San Diego. Cocky and arrogant and tends to piss off his players as much as he can. Phillip Rivers rubs me the wrong way too.

skipwondah33
09-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Maybe, maybe not. Goddell could have just assumed the players were going to lay down. The ruling states that he has to have tangible proof of intent to injury; which was widely speculated that he didn't have in the first place, but wanted to make a big name for the sake of safety in the NFL (yet they are still to damn cheap to settle with the refs...which plays into safety big time).Then why didn't any of the players meet with him with their legal counsel when they had the opportunity?

Now their willing to meet with him?

JBHuskers
09-11-2012, 10:02 AM
The all too early Top 5 Power Rankings

1. Baltimore
2. San Francisco
3. Denver
4. Chicago
5. New York Jets

Others receiving votes: Washington, New England, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston

skipwondah33
09-11-2012, 10:08 AM
The all too early Top 5 Power Rankings

1. Baltimore
2. San Francisco
3. Denver
4. Chicago
5. New York JetsNice list, though I'd have the 49ers ahead of Baltimore.

Cincinnati overachieved last season, by playing weak teams their (they didn't beat a playoff team all season..maybe not even one with a winning record if I can recall). So Baltimore beating them up this year was no surprise.

ram29jackson
09-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Nice list, though I'd have the 49ers ahead of Baltimore.

Cincinnati overachieved last season, by playing weak teams their (they didn't beat a playoff team all season..maybe not even one with a winning record if I can recall). So Baltimore beating them up this year was no surprise.

to rebutt your reasoning, San Fran lost a big chunk of their lead in their game before it ended. Baltimore choked the Bengals towards the end. they also only scored 30 to the Ravens 44.
But whatever, its only week one, who knows who will look good 6 weeks from now ?

skipwondah33
09-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Well 1 TD came on a clear block in the back

And I still think it further proves that Cincinnati isn't as good as people think/thought.

At any rate some celebrated their Super Bowl this past Sunday lol

JBHuskers
09-11-2012, 02:18 PM
That's why it's a way too early poll :)

My feeling was I was more impressed with Baltimore's performance over Green Bay, but I'm not viewing Green Bay as highly this year as most. That's why I gave Baltimore a slightly higher rating.

JBHuskers
09-11-2012, 03:56 PM
If you didn't hear and don't look it up, which QB had the best QB rating in week one?

The worst is pretty easy. Brandon Weeden. FIVE POINT ONE (ouch)