PDA

View Full Version : Teambuilder Glitches

razorback44
07-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Post any glitches that you see with your teambuilder teams here.

Maybe we can convince JB, cdj and G to send these along with the actual gameplay glitches they find.

HuskerBlitz
07-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Like TB helmet numbers not being shown in-game? ;)

razorback44
07-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Numbers are not appearing on the helmets AGAIN.

I even tried the work around from last year where you had to save the helmet logo as "none" and then change it to #'s. Still doesn't work.

razorback44
07-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Ha! I'm turning in to that guy right. :D

Bamafan3723
07-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeah I hope they can patch this pretty quick. I created Alabama because I don't like the color they made the jerseys and helmets this year. They look more maroon than crimson IMO and right now my helmets are just blank.
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/Bruise2237/NCAA%20Football%2011/661A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_jig.jpg

ram29jackson
07-13-2010, 07:08 PM
is that the actual Alabama helmet or a created one ? you are saying the actual one is numberless?

Bamafan3723
07-13-2010, 07:13 PM
is that the actual Alabama helmet or a created one ? you are saying the actual one is numberless?
That is a picture of my created Alabama team with my created helmet. EA's default Bama helmet has the #'s. I just think EA made the crimson more of a maroon so I created Bama myself.

ram29jackson
07-13-2010, 07:24 PM
That is a picture of my created Alabama team with my created helmet. EA's default Bama helmet has the #'s. I just think EA made the crimson more of a maroon so I created Bama myself.

where is the problem?is it only when taking pictures? do you see the numbers some of the time ? I made numbered helmets last year and saw the numbers - at least i'm pretty sure ...? but I also found out last year that if the design was decent looking, I could use the secondary logo, put the numbers over it and thats the way it would show up on screen = number over logo

Bamafan3723
07-13-2010, 07:40 PM
where is the problem?is it only when taking pictures? do you see the numbers some of the time ? I made numbered helmets last year and saw the numbers - at least i'm pretty sure ...? but I also found out last year that if the design was decent looking, I could use the secondary logo, put the numbers over it and thats the way it would show up on screen = number over logo
The numbers do not appear at any time (Gameplay or replay). On the Teambuilder website, it shows the numbers on the helmet, but in the actual game they are not there. They don't show up when you preview the uniforms before you download a TB team either.

HuskerBlitz
07-14-2010, 06:46 PM
I posted this somewhere and not sure where now, but when I go to load my team it says download fails. I can proceed to the game and everything shows up fine but when the game is over, it says that stats failed to download to server. This also happened when I played a random online game with my TB team, which means my stats are not sent to me. Any ideas what may be causing this?

morsdraconis
07-14-2010, 07:06 PM
I posted this somewhere and not sure where now, but when I go to load my team it says download fails. I can proceed to the game and everything shows up fine but when the game is over, it says that stats failed to download to server. This also happened when I played a random online game with my TB team, which means my stats are not sent to me. Any ideas what may be causing this?

I don't know but it's happening to me as well. Something to do with Season Showdown stuff it seems like. Maybe their servers are down for Season Showdown and that's what's causing it.

Kingpin32
07-14-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't know but it's happening to me as well. Something to do with Season Showdown stuff it seems like. Maybe their servers are down for Season Showdown and that's what's causing it.

Yeah I thin the servers are down for today.

HuskerBlitz
07-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Anyone else having issues setting up a custom TB room? I tried to connect with razor in a Play Now game with our TB teams and couldn't get connected. I am a NAT 3, but never really had a problem connecting in Play Now games and I direct connect for our league games and even that didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Sinister
07-15-2010, 03:53 PM
no pregame players to watch for teambuilder teams

ram29jackson
07-15-2010, 04:49 PM

i'm pretty sure there is ....

also, is this helmet number thing a global problem or is it just xbox or ps3 ?

Bamafan3723
07-15-2010, 04:51 PM
i'm pretty sure there is ....

I'm pretty sure it's global. I'm on PS3 though.

morsdraconis
07-15-2010, 05:31 PM

I've definitely had them say my MLB (who's an absolute beast on my 2013 SAU roster) is the player to watch before.

The game sometimes chooses a player for them (especially if it's a highly rated star player) and sometimes chooses a player from you.

ram29jackson
07-15-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure it's global. I'm on PS3 though.

didnt you just answer me the same question at OS ?:D:D:D

Bamafan3723
07-15-2010, 07:19 PM
didnt you just answer me the same question at OS ?:D:D:D
:nod: Ha! Yeah, just wanted to make sure you got an answer.

JeffHCross
07-15-2010, 07:29 PM
The numbers do not appear at any time (Gameplay or replay).Annoyingly, that means they're just not being saved. Or set when downloaded. On 10, I believe, numbers would appear if the picture was taken close enough for the best resolution helmet to render. Same with Alabama. If they're not appearing even in replay (or as close as your picture is), I'd say they're not actually there.

ram29jackson
07-15-2010, 09:00 PM
servers are still wacky

cant even do updates through TB. One of my teams still says 7/12 instead of 7/15 that i've been trying to change

Bamafan3723
07-15-2010, 09:37 PM
servers are still wacky

cant even do updates through TB. One of my teams still says 7/12 instead of 7/15 that i've been trying to change
Yeah, I actually posted that in the Bugs/Glitches thread over on OS earlier. I was wondering if I was the only one that noticed that.

ram29jackson
07-15-2010, 09:39 PM
nope we are the only TB aholics

Sinister
07-17-2010, 07:29 PM
you have to do it one at a time if you know you changed it . i got mine through the other day.

ram29jackson
07-17-2010, 07:50 PM
you have to do it one at a time if you know you changed it . i got mine through the other day.

i've been doing one at a time...the TGT team still wont update...or my Sigue Sigue Sputnik haha

Bamafan3723
07-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Someone over on OS just mentioned that the numbers do show up on the helmets, but instead of normal size on the sides of the helmet, they show up as small numbers on the back of the helmet. I went and checked it out and sure enough they do. I took a picture of my Alabama teambuilder to show how it looks:
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/Bruise2237/NCAA%20Football%2011/661A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_EBe.jpg?t=1279421117

morsdraconis
07-18-2010, 05:26 AM
Weird, though that's actually kinda cool looking at the same time.

souljahbill
07-18-2010, 06:40 AM
Someone over on OS just mentioned that the numbers do show up on the helmets, but instead of normal size on the sides of the helmet, they show up as small numbers on the back of the helmet. I went and checked it out and sure enough they do. I took a picture of my Alabama teambuilder to show how it looks:
http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad231/Bruise2237/NCAA%20Football%2011/661A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_EBe.jpg?t=1279421117

That is cool looking. I like how you can see the reflection of the stadium in the helmet.

Hey, Ram, how do you do that logo+number trick? :D

IBI
07-18-2010, 02:13 PM
This was an issue last year, and it looks like it's carried over to this year. Rivalries are messed up. In the old create-a-school you could designate a rival for your new school. You can't do that now, and, at first glance, it looks like you simply take on the top rival of the school that you replaced. However, it doesn't actually work like that. What ends up happening is that records vs. rivals is never updated.

Example:
In my OD I use TB and replace Notre Dame with my TB school. My TB school is now rivals with USC. I play the so-called rivalry game against USC, but my record vs. rivals remains as 0-0. If I promise a recruit a winning record vs. rivals, and I end up with a 0-0 record, then that promise is broken.

Holc
07-22-2010, 03:40 PM

I am having the same problem.

JeffHCross
07-23-2010, 12:12 AM
I am having the same problem.The "stats failed to download to server" at the end of the game is because Season Showdown is down. No idea why loading your team fails ... I haven't had any problem with that so far.

JeffHCross
07-23-2010, 10:09 PM
Holc / HB, in case you don't know by now ... the team isn't failing to download. That's Season Showdown failing to download. Has nothing to do with TB.

As for Teambuilder ...
I believe this is "new" this year, but redshirts are set randomly, and (can) change every time you save the team. This is both good (two people who use the same roster won't have the same experience) and bad (horribly for attempts at recreating teams). I believe last year the redshirt status was dictated by the base roster. This is not the case on NCAA 11 Teambuilder.

I just spent 30 minutes making small edits to the roster and checking the Redshirt status afterward ... all in an attempt to get a certain set of 7 players to be True rather than Redshirts. Sigh.

ebin
07-24-2010, 01:08 AM
As for Teambuilder ...
I believe this is "new" this year, but redshirts are set randomly, and (can) change every time you save the team. This is both good (two people who use the same roster won't have the same experience) and bad (horribly for attempts at recreating teams). I believe last year the redshirt status was dictated by the base roster. This is not the case on NCAA 11 Teambuilder.

I just spent 30 minutes making small edits to the roster and checking the Redshirt status afterward ... all in an attempt to get a certain set of 7 players to be True rather than Redshirts. Sigh.

Pretty sure you're right. I recently did the same thing (spending way too much time trying to get the right players true freshmen), except I was trying to get 12 of them, and finally gave up with 9/12. However, I think the redshirt status actually gets set when you download the team, not when you save it. So you don't actually have to modify the team, you can just download it over and over...

I still wish EA would just let us set redshirts and be done with it.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Pretty sure you're right. I recently did the same thing (spending way too much time trying to get the right players true freshmen), except I was trying to get 12 of them, and finally gave up with 9/12. However, I think the redshirt status actually gets set when you download the team, not when you save it. So you don't actually have to modify the team, you can just download it over and over...I tested that theory, by downloading a team, deleting them, and downloading them again. The roster was consistent (at least among the guys I was looking at), between the two.

However, when Oneback imported my 1995 Buckeyes into the Online Dynasty, he checked a specific player for me on download, saw that he was a True Freshmen, but then he suddenly became a Redshirt Freshmen in the OD. Even though he was a True on my download and Oneback's download.

At this point, I have no freaking clue what's going on with Redshirts. My entire list of WRs were all True, and my entire group of CBs were all Redshirts. Wtf.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I stand corrected. I just did two downloads of the same team, and they were different when I previewed the roster. I'm not sure at all what's the story with it.

ebin
07-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I stand corrected. I just did two downloads of the same team, and they were different when I previewed the roster. I'm not sure at all what's the story with it.

It seems to recalculate which guys are redshirts every time you query the servers for the roster. So if you preview a roster first, it won't necessarily look the same when you then download it. It's pretty frustrating, actually. Why EA decided we wouldn't care how many years of eligibility the players on our created teams would have is beyond me.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 04:18 PM
It seems to recalculate which guys are redshirts every time you query the servers for the roster. So if you preview a roster first, it won't necessarily look the same when you then download it. It's pretty frustrating, actually. Why EA decided we wouldn't care how many years of eligibility the players on our created teams would have is beyond me.I can understand why they would offer that ability, but I'd rather there was just another button beside "Random Names" for "Random Years" or "Random Redshirts", and it was settable on every player.

ebin
07-24-2010, 04:23 PM
I can understand why they would offer that ability, but I'd rather there was just another button beside "Random Names" for "Random Years" or "Random Redshirts", and it was settable on every player.

That's a really good idea. I guess I can see why some people wouldn't care, but yeah, if I'm taking the time to set the year for every player, I should be able to decide if the kid has a redshirt year or not.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 06:19 PM
On the upside, with Teambuilder, you can make as many players the same number as you want. I just noticed that I have two HB #25s ...

:-/

Bamafan3723
07-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I wish they would hurry up and fix the numbers on helmets issue. I'm ready to use my TB Alabama team.

JeffHCross
07-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Are you using the default Alabama helmet or creating your own? If you're using Alabama, what do the numbers look like? (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?523-Bugs-amp-Glitches-NCAA-Football-12-Wish-List-amp-Feedback&p=14996&viewfull=1#post14996) (click the link, I had a question about Bama's)

Bamafan3723
07-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Are you using the default Alabama helmet or creating your own? If you're using Alabama, what do the numbers look like? (http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/showthread.php?523-Bugs-amp-Glitches-NCAA-Football-12-Wish-List-amp-Feedback&p=14996&viewfull=1#post14996) (click the link, I had a question about Bama's)
I'm created my own, don't like the color of the default helmet. I read you post on the link you posted. That's weird, I don't know if Alabama's default helmet through TB would show the numbers or not.

Holc
07-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Holc / HB, in case you don't know by now ... the team isn't failing to download. That's Season Showdown failing to download. Has nothing to do with TB.

As for Teambuilder ...

Thanks Jeff :)

Bamafan3723
08-11-2010, 06:32 PM
They still didn't fix the numbers not showing up on helmets. I thought that for sure would be fixed in the #2 Patch.:mad:

JeffHCross
08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Yeah, same here. Pretty disappointed about that.

razorback44
08-17-2010, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I would hand down rather have that fixed than the whole guys on the home jersey issue be fixed. I mean they both suck but #'s on the helmet is a bigger deal to me because it is something I would see every single replay.

Bamafan3723
08-17-2010, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I would hand down rather have that fixed than the whole guys on the home jersey issue be fixed. I mean they both suck but #'s on the helmet is a bigger deal to me because it is something I would see every single replay.
Exactly. The #'s issue ruins TB for me and others I know. I could care less hoe the players on the sideline look.

ram29jackson
09-15-2010, 03:25 AM
they fix the numbers yet ?

JeffHCross
09-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Haven't seen it on any of the patch lists, so I'd say no.