PDA

View Full Version : Week 6, 2012

Oneback
07-27-2012, 12:23 AM
Welcome to Week 6!
Remember to visit dynasty.easports.com to publish your own stories.

=============== #11 Texas Longhorns (3-0) ===============
Last week, Texas won 28-14 against Baylor (2-3).
This week, the Longhorns travel to Los Angeles to face the #12 USC Trojans (2-2).
In recruiting news, the following Texas targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) CB George Jones has committed to LSU
- (****) LT Brandon Sullivan has committed to Texas
- (****) DT Harold Colvin has committed to USC
- (*****) MLB Aaron Bradshaw has committed to LSU
- (*****) ROLB Clinton King has committed to Texas
- (****) CB John Gandy has committed to Alabama
- (****) RT Steve Cole has committed to Texas
- (***) DT Don Smith has committed to Texas

=============== #1 Alabama Crimson Tide (3-0) ===============
Last week the Crimson Tide were idle.
This week, the Crimson Tide will host Ole Miss (2-1).
In recruiting news, the following Alabama targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) CB John Gandy has committed to Alabama
- (***) LOLB Thomas Allen has committed to Alabama
- (****) HB Aaron Thompson has committed to Florida
- (*****) WR Wayne Garrett has committed to Auburn

=============== #2 LSU Tigers (3-0) ===============
Last week, LSU won 28-7 against Auburn (1-2).
This week, the Tigers are idle.
In recruiting news, the following LSU targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) C Joshua Rhoden has committed to Florida
- (*****) CB George Jones has committed to LSU
- (****) LT Brandon Sullivan has committed to Texas
- (*****) CB Mark Graham has committed to LSU
- (*****) MLB Aaron Bradshaw has committed to LSU

=============== #21 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-2) ===============
Last week, Ohio State won 44-7 against UAB (1-1).
This week, the Buckeyes will host #13 Michigan State (2-1).
In recruiting news, the following Ohio State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Kevin Meadows has committed to Ohio State
- (****) WR Kevin Jones has committed to Michigan

=============== #15 Oklahoma State Cowboys (3-0) ===============
Last week, Oklahoma State won 39-36 against Arkansas (1-3).
This week, the Cowboys are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Oklahoma State targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Chris Smith has committed to Oklahoma State

=============== Texas A&M Aggies (2-1) ===============
Last week the Aggies were idle.
This week, the Aggies travel to Fayetteville to face the #25 Arkansas Razorbacks (1-3).
In recruiting news, the following Texas A&M targets have announced their decisions:
- (*****) CB Mark Graham has committed to LSU

=============== #3 Florida State Seminoles (5-0) ===============
Last week, Florida State won 28-11 against Tennessee (2-1).
This week, the Seminoles travel to Auburn to face the Auburn Tigers (1-2).
In recruiting news, the following Florida State targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Josh Rogers has committed to Florida State
- (***) CB Bryan Stephens has committed to Florida State
- (****) C Antonio Garrison has committed to Michigan

=============== #4 Oregon Ducks (2-0) ===============
Last week the Ducks were idle.
This week, the Ducks travel to Norman to face the #17 Oklahoma Sooners (0-2).

=============== #16 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (3-1) ===============
Last week, Notre Dame lost 17-10 against Michigan (4-0).
This week, the Fighting Irish will host Texas Tech (2-1).
In recruiting news, the following Notre Dame targets have announced their decisions:
- (***) CB Bryan Stephens has committed to Florida State
- (****) RT Jeff Parks has committed to Wisconsin
- (***) HB Jermaine Everett has committed to Notre Dame
- (***) DT Willie Robinson has committed to Notre Dame
- (***) TE George Parker has committed to Notre Dame

=============== #25 Arkansas Razorbacks (1-3) ===============
Last week, Arkansas lost 39-36 against Oklahoma State (3-0).
This week, the Razorbacks will host Texas A&M (2-1).
In recruiting news, the following Arkansas targets have announced their decisions:
- (**) FB Kellen Green has committed to Arkansas
- (***) SS Isaiah Terrell has committed to Vanderbilt

=============== #5 Michigan Wolverines (4-0) ===============
Last week, Michigan won 17-10 against Notre Dame (3-1).
This week, the Wolverines are idle.
In recruiting news, the following Michigan targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) C Antonio Garrison has committed to Michigan
- (**) SS Jason Wagner has committed to Michigan State
- (***) WR Justin Austin has committed to Michigan

=============== #12 USC Trojans (2-2) ===============
Last week, USC won 33-7 against Oklahoma (0-2).
This week, the Trojans will host #11 Texas (3-0).
In recruiting news, the following USC targets have announced their decisions:
- (****) FS Kyle Hall has committed to USC
- (****) RG Anthony Thomas has committed to USC
- (****) DT Harold Colvin has committed to USC
- (****) QB Andy Bratton has committed to USC
- (***) DT Alex Wagner has committed to Washington
- (****) FS Todd Lumpkin has committed to Georgia
- (****) RT Steve Cole has committed to Texas

JeffHCross
07-27-2012, 12:24 AM
So much for my massive, huge recruiting weekend.

Also, Muck Fichigan.

Escobar
07-27-2012, 03:48 AM
Razorback let me know when you can play. Or do I play CPU?

texacotea
07-27-2012, 05:16 AM
That homosexual Kevin Jones, I was in the lead and he visited Michigan and they pull the commit? Get outta here.

Papa LoneStar
07-27-2012, 06:29 AM
That OLB :(

souljahbill
07-27-2012, 07:02 AM
That homosexual Kevin Jones, I was in the lead and he visited Michigan and they pull the commit? Get outta here.

LOL!

I wonder if JoePa (or any coach for that matter) ever said anything like this.

gschwendt
07-27-2012, 07:13 AM
We do not discriminate.

Biggest steal of the recruiting process for the Wolverines. Jones said he wanted to run for a TD, pass for a TD, and also catch a TD against the Buckeyes specifically.

texacotea
07-27-2012, 07:21 AM
We do not discriminate.

Biggest steal of the recruiting process for the Wolverines. Jones said he wanted to run for a TD, pass for a TD, and also catch a TD against the Buckeyes specifically.

This will not happen. In 3-4yrs he is there He will not do this.

psusnoop
07-27-2012, 08:08 AM
LOL!

I wonder if JoePa (or any coach for that matter) ever said anything like this.

PSU-Kevin Jones- :smh: bad memories :D

Oneback
07-27-2012, 08:35 AM
That OLB :(

Who will probably play MLB on the 40 acres.

psuexv
07-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Sweet, I finally get a home user game. I need to turn it around.

psusnoop
07-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Sweet, I finally get a home user game. I need to turn it around.

sitting at 2-2 this is a HUGE game for you this week E. Gotta have it!

souljahbill
07-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Week 5

I hate Denard Robinson :(

:cool:

Don't worry... I only get him for the one year. Though considering I had 10 players visiting for our game and one is poised to contribute right away at QB, you might start hating Kevin Jones :)

that should read "I" will start hating Kevin Jones. He is visiting next week and will be surely shown the good things around town :nod:

Week 6

LMFAO!

texacotea
07-27-2012, 11:15 AM
I had led the whole time, all year. I had a slight edge over him before he visited and then had him coming in the next week. For sure thought he would have held out until then

ryby6969
07-27-2012, 05:25 PM
The Alabama Crimson Tide knock off the Ole Miss Rebels by the score of 45-20. AJ MacCarron has a monster day passing for 341 yards and 5 TD's to cruise to the easy victory against the rival Rebels. The story of the day though was the 15 recruits in attendance, including 6 :5star: recruits.

JeffHCross
07-27-2012, 06:09 PM
The story of the day though was the 15 recruits in attendance, including 6 :5star: recruits.Yep ... I should have stuck with Alabama. :D

ryby6969
07-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Yep ... I should have stuck with Alabama. :D

I for one, am glad you changed your mind! :D

Papa LoneStar
07-27-2012, 07:04 PM
It would've definitely been nice to have a user vs user Iron Bowl

JeffHCross
07-27-2012, 10:20 PM
AUBURN, Ala. (AP) — Despite being ranked #3 in the nation, the Florida State Seminoles came into this Week 6 contest with the Auburn Tigers with a lackluster offense, and a bend but don't break defense that has thus far survived the 2012 season.

After tonight's contest in Auburn, things may not be any different in Tallahassee. But at least they survived with a win, 30-20.

Coach Jeff HCross joked in the post-game press conference that he might have to give out "I.B.I.G.R." bracelets on Monday morning at practice: I Believe In Greg Reid. For the third time this season, a Florida State opponent had regained momentum at a potential tipping point, only to have Reid run the ensuing kickoff untouched into the end zone. Tonight, Reid's masterstroke was a 99 yard, straight up the gut, return that gave the Seminoles a 3 point lead with only :13 seconds until halftime. Reid also added four solo tackles and two TFL to his tally tonight.

While the overall stats, 388 total offensive yards and 2/10 on 3rd down, are not anything truly worth writing about, the Seminoles did have another star tonight, to put alongside Reid. Chris Thompson had, by far, his best statistical performance of the season, racking up 205 yards on 32 carries, and 1 TD. But even Thompson's performance comes with an asterisk for the future: 116 of his yards came on the Seminoles last three drives, with 69 coming on three plays. However, that asterisk is also a plus: Thompson's running not only led to the final two scores of the game, but his effort was crucial in running the last 4:20 off the clock. Up by seven with 4:20 to go, the Seminoles were able to drive 86 yards in 13 plays, and only allowed the Tigers to hold the ball for 14 seconds of the last 4:20.

----------------------------------------------------

Florida State: 40 rushes for 215 yards, and 1 TD; 17/27 passing for 173 yards and 1 TD.
Ohio: 27 rushes for 123 yards and 2 TDs; 13/28 passing for 166 yards.

----------------------------------------------------

Finally pulled away late after not leading by more than 6 in the entire first three quarters. 2/10 on 3rd down killed me ... and it was 1/8 until the last drive of the game.

Had a major :fp: moment too. Was up seven, I believe, and I had a 4th and 1 deep in Auburn territory after an interception. Decided to go for it, and tried to draw the defense offside. False start on me, of course. So I line up in the same play and try to draw the defense again -- this time they jump. Instantly snap the ball -- except I'm in automotion. So, about two seconds later, we finally snap the ball and I get stopped in the course of the play (of course, since the play was supposed to be for 4th and 1, not 4th and 6). I suppose if I'd been on the ball I might have been able to call time-out ... never tried it :dunno:

razorback44
07-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Razorback let me know when you can play. Or do I play CPU?

Just got back. I'm free today until 6pm CT today and anytime after noon tomorrow.

Escobar
07-28-2012, 01:54 PM
I'm supposed to play deuce in the tgt OD right now. Then won't be back til around 11. I can play tomorrow after 8pm if you can't play late tonight

razorback44
07-28-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm supposed to play deuce in the tgt OD right now. Then won't be back til around 11. I can play tomorrow after 8pm if you can't play late tonight
Yeah lets do tomorrow night. I'm going to a dinner tonight and have no clue when I will be home.

texacotea
07-28-2012, 04:48 PM
tOSU takes down Sparty 45-22

Big recruiting week for the Buckeyes. Miller finished the game 11-19 for 272 and 2 tds and also had 2 tds on the ground.

psusnoop
07-28-2012, 06:07 PM
I have to quit trying so hard in this read option and let things flow more. I'm killing my drives by screwing around and that has to stop starting now! :D

souljahbill
07-28-2012, 06:31 PM
I have to quit trying so hard in this read option and let things flow more. I'm killing my drives by screwing around and that has to stop starting now! :D

Aren't you USC?

If no:

Skip rest of post.

If yes:

Why in the hell are you running read option with Matt Barkley?

Papa LoneStar
07-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Aren't you USC?

psusnoop is Oregon....psuexv is USC....Snoop Doggy Doggy and Eazy E

psusnoop
07-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Lol, yeah I'm Oregon and I have a LONG way to go this year. Luckily most of my user games are towards the end of the season. :D

souljahbill
07-28-2012, 08:17 PM
psusnoop is Oregon....psuexv is USC....Snoop Doggy Doggy and Eazy E

Gotcha

Lol, yeah I'm Oregon and I have a LONG way to go this year. Luckily most of my user games are towards the end of the season. :D

So, you're really having trouble with read options? You gotta hit up practice mode. Protip: Don't try to run it all the time. Mix in regular runs (dives/slams/draws/etc.) and play action passes and you'll be more successful when you do call it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Escobar
07-29-2012, 12:00 AM
Snoop once you get the read down and when to call counters or qb wraps it will flow a lot easier. It also helps that I've been running the same offense since Rich Rod was at WV on the PS2 days. This year it actually works like it should.

psusnoop
07-29-2012, 03:50 AM
Yeah my numbers are usually good but the issue is (atleast how I feel from playing a user) is that I'm predictable late into games. Ive got to mix it up more like your saying Escobar.

I got the keep/give not to bad, but I also need to mix in some nice quick hitters more too.

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Damn E, no comment on the game last night? :D

psuexv
07-29-2012, 12:29 PM
Damn E, no comment on the game last night? :D

Still trying to take it all in :) it must have been a good game to watch.

Definitely an entertaining game. I'm still shaking my head that OB only had 8 first downs but 35 points.

The 4th may have been the wildest quarter I've played in awhile.

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Still trying to take it all in :) it must have been a good game to watch. It was. Got to make fun of both of you throughout the game. :D

That 4th quarter was ... ridiculous. Especially compared to the otherwise slow game you two had been been playing.
First three quarters (and four minutes of fourth): 31 points between you
Last four minutes of the game: 35.

gschwendt
07-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Was this game streamed somewhere or something?

Oneback
07-29-2012, 01:47 PM
I'll say this, I expected a much different game with you having the best QB in the game. I told Jeff at some point in the first half, if he continues with this dink and dunk grind it out offense I'm going to win the game. I was not going to let you run the ball as evidenced by the 69 yards on 32 carries (2.2 ypc). You didn't start to open it up until I was up 28-10 and by that time I had gone into time killing mode - was perfectly happy giving up yards and points, I just wanted to clock to keep running. In the end it got a little too close for comfort however.

After editing the game my tight end dropped 3 catches each of which would have been for a first down and Mike Davis dropped a wide open pass that would have resulted in a huge gain, all four of those possessions ended in a punt. My DB's also dropped 5 sure fire interceptions - three of which occurred in the last four minutes of the game, but that's how it goes when your on the road.

With that offense I thought you were going to come out slinging the rock, I will say though, that grind it out offense was getting under my skin as I was never on offense long enough to establish a rhythm (only 11 min of poss.) which resulted in a few bonehead calls/plays. Who knows what would've happened if you would have been a little more aggressive on offense early on (I say that knowing you threw 49 times), would've my DB's been able to hold on to a few more balls or would've then entire game been like the last four minutes? Either way it was a fun game.

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 01:47 PM
I'll let E answer that. I want to see if he figured it out. :D

I will say though, that grind it out offense was getting under my skinUnderstatement!

souljahbill
07-29-2012, 02:18 PM

Yeah, I want in too. What happened?

gschwendt
07-29-2012, 02:23 PM
I figured it out.

texacotea
07-29-2012, 02:25 PM
i havent yet

psusnoop
07-29-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm confused

Oneback
07-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Texas @ USC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XuTJrxMSyY

psuexv
07-29-2012, 03:29 PM
I'll let E answer that. I want to see if he figured it out. :D

My original thought was he streamed it for you but if I look further into it I might be able to figure it out

http://img.tapatalk.com/b805b1af-9d41-8360.jpg

psuexv
07-29-2012, 03:33 PM
I'll say this, I expected a much different game with you having the best QB in the game. I told Jeff at some point in the first half, if he continues with this dink and dunk grind it out offense I'm going to win the game. I was not going to let you run the ball as evidenced by the 69 yards on 32 carries (2.2 ypc). You didn't start to open it up until I was up 28-10 and by that time I had gone into time killing mode - was perfectly happy giving up yards and points, I just wanted to clock to keep running. In the end it got a little too close for comfort however.

After editing the game my tight end dropped 3 catches each of which would have been for a first down and Mike Davis dropped a wide open pass that would have resulted in a huge gain, all four of those possessions ended in a punt. My DB's also dropped 5 sure fire interceptions - three of which occurred in the last four minutes of the game, but that's how it goes when your on the road.

With that offense I thought you were going to come out slinging the rock, I will say though, that grind it out offense was getting under my skin as I was never on offense long enough to establish a rhythm (only 11 min of poss.) which resulted in a few bonehead calls/plays. Who knows what would've happened if you would have been a little more aggressive on offense early on (I say that knowing you threw 49 times), would've my DB's been able to hold on to a few more balls or would've then entire game been like the last four minutes? Either way it was a fun game.

That's what the plan was. Small ball in the first half and open it up in the second. I didn't quite open it up enough early in the 2nd though. That and for about 3 drives Barkley couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I had a couple off balance throws but there were some that were head scratching. Then he seemed to find it again.

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 03:50 PM
My original thought was he streamed it for you but if I look further into it I might be able to figure it outI figured I'd given you enough hints ;)

Also, my last name is one word :P

texacotea
07-29-2012, 06:58 PM
who are we waiting on?

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Escobar and Razor are playing tonight.

From what I can see on Dynasty Wire, Kingpin still has several hours of recruiting time left, but I imagine that's intentional. Razor does as well.

Escobar
07-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Razor they still haven't released us yet so I'm still at work. It will be another hour before I'm home

razorback44
07-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Razor they still haven't released us yet so I'm still at work. It will be another hour before I'm home

K. Just let me know when you get in.

Escobar
07-29-2012, 09:03 PM
I sent you a PSN message. I'm ready