PDA

View Full Version : Google Fiber (Former hate for KC & Austin)

gschwendt
07-26-2012, 03:51 PM
https://fiber.google.com/about/

Gigabit internet for $70 a month. :glare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ffHLIZh0PHg

skipwondah33
07-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Ditto

We despise you Kansas Cityians (I know that is not a word)

I pay $50 for not even over 10 meg

gschwendt
07-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Up to one gigabit upload & download speed • Full channel TV lineup • 2 year contract • No data caps
Nexus 7 tablet • TV Box • Storage Box • Network Box • 1TB Google Drive • $120/mo + taxes and fees

skipwondah33
07-26-2012, 03:59 PM
No seriously Kansas City....a very large I dislike you.:fdown:

I just read the details too G. That is the TV + Internet package.

Sounds so lovely

Coach Kernzy
07-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Believe me guys, I hate it as well and I'm only 15 minutes South of their coverage area. I just hope like hell it's a big hit and they've made it easily expandable because I'd be all over that when and if I can.

JBHuskers
07-26-2012, 04:06 PM
I'm guessing 3 hours away is too far :fdown:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CLW
07-26-2012, 04:26 PM
WOW. Time to get this shizzle to Houston.

ryby6969
07-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Believe me guys, I hate it as well and I'm only 15 minutes South of their coverage area. I just hope like hell it's a big hit and they've made it easily expandable because I'd be all over that when and if I can.

You better hope they expand quicker than Verizon is with Fios.

SCClassof93
07-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Wow, first Bar B Q now this? :fp:

CLW
07-26-2012, 04:33 PM
So... did I read/hear that right that other cities with pre-registered will be added next? Or, was it just talking about KC?

gschwendt
07-26-2012, 04:35 PM
So... did I read/hear that right that other cities with pre-registered will be added next? Or, was it just talking about KC?
I think that's just talking about the KC area but not certain.

CLW
07-26-2012, 04:38 PM
I think that's just talking about the KC area but not certain.

Yeah I couldn't tell. Oh well gave my address and e-mail to keep me up-to-date. I pay way more than that now than Google's "super" package.

morsdraconis
07-26-2012, 05:06 PM
See, this shit REALLY pisses me off. Because of these fuckin' companies that have a god damn stranglehold on parts of the US, this shit will NEVER be what it should be. The US is a fuckin' third world country in the internet race compared to countries like Japan and Korea. It's REALLY god damn sad.

skipwondah33
07-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Id still rather live in the US though Mors lol

Yeah as a Country we are quite a bit behind.

I'd just love for my town to get Fios in my area

SmoothPancakes
07-26-2012, 06:16 PM
See, this shit REALLY pisses me off. Because of these fuckin' companies that have a god damn stranglehold on parts of the US, this shit will NEVER be what it should be. The US is a fuckin' third world country in the internet race compared to countries like Japan and Korea. It's REALLY god damn sad.

Hell, broadband internet has been made a constitutional RIGHT for all citizens, both natural and foreign, in Finland.

JeffHCross
07-26-2012, 11:40 PM
Free market, baby!

This message has been brought to you by the Republican Party.

steelerfan
07-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Free market, baby!

Careful! CLW will be along soon to tell you how this is all part of a liberal Democratic agenda. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

JeffHCross
07-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Actually, as much as I'd love to blame this on the free market, it's been my opinion for a while that the problem is that we spent so much time/effort/resources on our existing infrastructure, that ripping up that infrastructure and replacing it with a new technology will be prohibitively expensive. Same problem with gas stations vs hydro/electric cars and trains vs high-speed rail.

morsdraconis
07-27-2012, 05:10 AM
Actually, as much as I'd love to blame this on the free market, it's been my opinion for a while that the problem is that we spent so much time/effort/resources on our existing infrastructure, that ripping up that infrastructure and replacing it with a new technology will be prohibitively expensive. Same problem with gas stations vs hydro/electric cars and trains vs high-speed rail.

Part of it is, we never invested in our own infrastructure like we should have been because we allow people with millions and billions of dollars to hire lobbyists who just look out for the people with all the money's interests instead of what's best for the country.

We rely on crude oil because those companies are lining the pockets of pretty much everyone with a say in how shit works. We allow electrical companies to have monopolies because they're filling the right people's pockets. We are slaves to the monopolies in the US and there's really nothing that can be done about it. Capitalism has allowed that to be the case and the government has made it that much worse with the decision that a company's money is a form of freedom of speech. I swear it's getting close and close to Idiocracy. :smh:

souljahbill
07-27-2012, 08:25 AM
It has electrolytes.

CLW
07-27-2012, 02:14 PM
Free market, baby!

Careful! CLW will be along soon to tell you how this is all part of a liberal Democratic agenda. ;)

LOL are you really going to say that telcoms operate in a "free market". Hell until just recently they were monopolies. I don't think it was until the early 00s that I even had a choice.

Competition is ALWAYS best. Google does this and that REQUIRES everyone else to respond or die.

I should note that Google's t.v. package is REALLY bad right now but I suspect they will get more channels as time goes on.

SmoothPancakes
07-27-2012, 02:26 PM
LOL are you really going to say that telcoms operate in a "free market". Hell until just recently they were monopolies. I don't think it was until the early 00s that I even had a choice.

Competition is ALWAYS best. Google does this and that REQUIRES everyone else to respond or die.

I should note that Google's t.v. package is REALLY bad right now but I suspect they will get more channels as time goes on.

Looking at their current list, honestly, it's not that bad. The only channels that I don't see listed that I would miss would be AMC, TBS, TNT and ESPN/2/U/etc. Other than that, that thing has every other channel I watch regularly. For TBS, TNT and AMC, I could just watch the shows online. ESPN channels, I really don't even care about ESPN these days outside of college football. And for 1Gbps speeds, fuck, I could part with AMC, ESPN, TBS and TNT until they added them. :D

souljahbill
07-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Google offers TV?

JeffHCross
07-27-2012, 08:28 PM
LOL are you really going to say that telcoms operate in a "free market".Well, not a "free" market. But the market is still the driver of our broadband penetration, and thus far the market hasn't responded here the way it has in other countries. I really meant "capitalism", but "free market" was what popped to mind.

And yes, the fact that you didn't have a choice (and the vast majority of people still don't) is just part of the problem. I don't think Google is going to cause a response from the general industry. They will in Kansas City, but unless Google starts putting this into every major metropolitan area, and I mean yesterday, it's not going to initiate a response in the near-term.

SCClassof93
07-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Well, not a "free" market. But the market is still the driver of our broadband penetration, and thus far the market hasn't responded here the way it has in other countries. I really meant "capitalism", but "free market" was what popped to mind.

And yes, the fact that you didn't have a choice (and the vast majority of people still don't) is just part of the problem. I don't think Google is going to cause a response from the general industry. They will in Kansas City, but unless Google starts putting this into every major metropolitan area, and I mean yesterday, it's not going to initiate a response in the near-term.

The "market", being buyers in numbers great enough and willing to purchase a given product at a given price. Granted this industry in no way models a "free market" due to over government regulation, taxation, etc. I am curious as to what you think the "driver" should be on any given consumer product or service? Not sure if you equivocate on the word market?:dunno:

CLW
07-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Well, not a "free" market. But the market is still the driver of our broadband penetration, and thus far the market hasn't responded here the way it has in other countries. I really meant "capitalism", but "free market" was what popped to mind.

Well... when government creates "false markets" as it has done with telcoms you cannot possibly blame "free market capitalism" for any problems in the industry. The issues you complain of fall exclusively at the hands of OVER regulation by government which allowed monopolies to develop and thus these companies can afford to be lazy and deliver a lesser product for a higher price b/c the government protects them from the free market. No smart company is going to "push the envelope" when they do not have to. A truly free market in the area would require it because of companies competing for consumers $.

Had there truly been a free market there would be multiple companies offering MUCH BETTER t.v./net services at lower prices all across the country (again assuming there is sufficient demand from the people of the area). Google has the $ and talent to totally change the game (the question is do they want to). Giving the "dominate" culture in the company I wouldn't be surprised to see them really spread this as fast as they smartly can (assuming it works well in KC). In fact, if I were a betting man I'd believe there are decent odds that Google will become the #1 ISP/TV services provider within the next 20 years.

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 10:42 AM
I am curious as to what you think the "driver" should be on any given consumer product or service? Not sure if you equivocate on the word market?:dunno:Not an intentional equivocation. More just an attempt to get to my point while failing to use accurate terminology for this discussion.

Giving the "dominate" culture in the company I wouldn't be surprised to see them really spread this as fast as they smartly can (assuming it works well in KC).The problem with this thought, in my head, is that the telecom industry has shown, time and again, that initiative is lacking. Is it regulation that prevents two cable companies from both offering services in a single area? Or that prevents a company from offering broadband service further down the street than they currently do? I don't know about the former; maybe it is, I'm not aware enough about regulation to say either way (I know there are franchise agreements, but don't have knowledge of the connection between the two). But the latter, I can't imagine that's regulation that's the problem. When a company already provides X service to a house, and either takes forever to provide X&Y, or simply declines to provide Y, that sounds like a business decision to me. And I'm not sure if I believe that, even with a "free" market, that decision would be any different.

Also, regarding your overall concept of Google competing ... I agree that they could, but I'll be surprised if they decide they want to. Verizon had a chance to be a game-changer, IMO, with FiOS, and they stopped expanding it two years ago.

SCClassof93
07-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Not an intentional equivocation. More just an attempt to get to my point while failing to use accurate terminology for this discussion.

The problem with this thought, in my head, is that the telecom industry has shown, time and again, that initiative is lacking. Is it regulation that prevents two cable companies from both offering services in a single area? Or that prevents a company from offering broadband service further down the street than they currently do? I don't know about the former; maybe it is, I'm not aware enough about regulation to say either way (I know there are franchise agreements, but don't have knowledge of the connection between the two). But the latter, I can't imagine that's regulation that's the problem. When a company already provides X service to a house, and either takes forever to provide X&Y, or simply declines to provide Y, that sounds like a business decision to me. And I'm not sure if I believe that, even with a "free" market, that decision would be any different.

Also, regarding your overall concept of Google competing ... I agree that they could, but I'll be surprised if they decide they want to. Verizon had a chance to be a game-changer, IMO, with FiOS, and they stopped expanding it two years ago.

Back to my original question, what do you think the "driver" should be on any given consumer product or service? And to expand, what or how do you think any business makes decisions?

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 11:41 AM
Back to my original question, what do you think the "driver" should be on any given consumer product or service? And to expand, what or how do you think any business makes decisions?Oh, I know. If you go back to my original post (well, not the Republican Party original post, the one after that :D), I said that I currently believe that, at least part of, the problem is that our existing infrastructure is "good enough", and the cost of upgrading that infrastructure in order to put in broadband is prohibitively expensive. And, from a business standpoint, the cost is not going to outweigh the long-term income growth, especially in rural areas where the population density is absolute shit.

That said, we need increased broadband penetration in this country. But no, I don't know how to get it.

As for the "driver", the driver of any service is supply and demand. The demand is there, but the supply, I assume, still isn't cheap enough to provide.

SCClassof93
07-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Oh, I know. If you go back to my original post (well, not the Republican Party original post, the one after that :D), I said that I currently believe that, at least part of, the problem is that our existing infrastructure is "good enough", and the cost of upgrading that infrastructure in order to put in broadband is prohibitively expensive. And, from a business standpoint, the cost is not going to outweigh the long-term income growth, especially in rural areas where the population density is absolute shit.

That said, we need increased broadband penetration in this country. But no, I don't know how to get it.

As for the "driver", the driver of any service is supply and demand. The demand is there, but the supply, I assume, still isn't cheap enough to provide.

O.K.
If the cost is prohibitive this means the end buyer won't pay thus the market for the good is not there. I think you mean the cost is too high for long term income growth? With you so far. We do not need increased broadband, many may want it but need, nah.
On supply and demand I agree in part. Demand drives a market and the price. I have a very limited supply of a very special type of cat turds yet I can't seem to sell them. Why? NO DEMAND.:dunno: If you were to tweak your second statement to say, the consumer wants broadband etc but not enough of us are willing to pay the cost then I would agree. Basically you get enough demand at a price that is profitable you will have your supply.

All of this being said, I hate comcast and at&t. Come on Verizon!!!

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Yep, you and I are on the same page. There is not enough demand, at least in rural areas, to overcome the cost of upgrading the existing infrastructure. There are some other factors involved, of course, but from a business standpoint that is true. When only so many customers live on a given street, the cost of providing that street with broadband is not going to be overcome by the increased income.

But "we're not willing to pay enough" is not the sole answer for this question: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2009/06/us-20th-in-broadband-penetration-trails-s-korea-estonia/

SCClassof93
07-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Yep, you and I are on the same page. There is not enough demand, at least in rural areas, to overcome the cost of upgrading the existing infrastructure. There are some other factors involved, of course, but from a business standpoint that is true. When only so many customers live on a given street, the cost of providing that street with broadband is not going to be overcome by the increased income.

But "we're not willing to pay enough" is not the sole answer for this question: http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2009/06/us-20th-in-broadband-penetration-trails-s-korea-estonia/

Interesting article. Those are small countries however. There are no five star hotels or restaurants in the sticks either. I in no way support the government "funding" broadband expansion. That is what these companies want.

JeffHCross
07-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Interesting article. Those are small countries however. There are no five star hotels or restaurants in the sticks either.Touche.

CLW
07-30-2012, 05:27 PM
Looks like 20% of KC has already met the signup goals in 4 days. That's pretty impressive

http://news.yahoo.com/google-fiber-already-20-kansas-city-neighborhoods-begging-210501163.html

JeffHCross
09-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Google Fiber: Triumph of the free market? (I say this only because the article does, not because anyone here believes Google Fiber is free market success) Maybe not (http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012/09/how-kansas-city-taxpayers-support-google-fiber/).

steelerfan
09-08-2012, 12:43 PM
At some point, Google will run our lives completely. :(

oweb26
09-08-2012, 03:06 PM
+1

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

JeffHCross
09-08-2012, 03:38 PM
At some point, Google will run our lives completely. :(After they buy Facebook.

Though, it's worth saying, that people were saying practically the same thing about M$ a decade ago. Technology changes enough to open the door for new companies all the time.

psuexv
09-08-2012, 10:14 PM

As long as they give me cool shit to play with I don't give a shit

morsdraconis
09-09-2012, 07:54 AM

I personally welcome our Google overlords.

gschwendt
11-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Google beginning installations this week... still extremely jealous even though few if any sites would be able to come even close to delivering the content from their end.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/13/google-fiber-installations-begin-come-with-more-tv-channels/

gschwendt
11-13-2012, 03:45 PM
This video from a Google presentation says that users can realistically expect 1Gb/s up AND 1Gb/s down. :drool:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7416248n

JBHuskers
11-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Hope they have an extension cord that's as long as a 3-hour trip.

morsdraconis
11-13-2012, 04:22 PM
Good god. I MUST find a job in Kansas City. Holy hell.

CLW
04-06-2013, 08:33 AM
Coming to Austin, TX?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57578226-93/is-google-fiber-coming-to-austin/

gschwendt
04-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Coming to Austin, TX?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57578226-93/is-google-fiber-coming-to-austin/
It's official...
http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/08/google-fiber-is-officially-coming-to-austin-texas/

AustinWolv
04-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Can we upload the liberal idiots and stupid police chief right out of Austin?

gschwendt
04-09-2013, 02:04 PM
AT&T to offer 1Gbps fiber in Austin, TX
http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/09/att-1gbps-fiber-internet-austin-texas-official/

SmoothPancakes
04-09-2013, 02:32 PM
Amazing. Only after Google announces it's coming to Austin, does AT&T pull 1Gbps fiber out of their ass overnight. Reason #5,640 of why I hate the fucking phone, cable and internet companies. Only until someone else comes along with something better, do they actually fucking upgrade their stuff and offer faster or better options, instead of the price gouging shit they offer now.

morsdraconis
04-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Amazing. Only after Google announces it's coming to Austin, does AT&T pull 1Gbps fiber out of their ass overnight. Reason #5,640 of why I hate the fucking phone, cable and internet companies. Only until someone else comes along with something better, do they actually fucking upgrade their stuff and offer faster or better options, instead of the price gouging shit they offer now.

Yup. The entire reason why the US has one of the worst internet infrastructures of any country that isn't a fuckin' third world.

SmoothPancakes
04-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Yup. The entire reason why the US has one of the worst internet infrastructures of any country that isn't a fuckin' third world.

Yep. I read about these other countries just crawling in fiber internet (Norway), and yet we're stuck with this backwater, third world country shit for internet, cable and (cell) phone infrastructure. What a joke. I hope Google covers this entire country with their fiber and all these other companies go suck a dick and drown.

CLW
04-09-2013, 03:31 PM
AT&T to offer 1Gbps fiber in Austin, TX
http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/09/att-1gbps-fiber-internet-austin-texas-official/

You should hate the U.S. government for allowing them in fact in many cases giving them monopolies in many areas in the country. Competition will always force companies to delivery better products and/or lower prices to compete with each other for the $.

Marlowe
04-15-2013, 11:06 PM
hmm...might have to pick this up :nod:

CLW
04-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Provo, UT

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57580113-93/google-fiber-coming-to-provos-silicon-slopes/

gschwendt
04-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Provo, UT

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57580113-93/google-fiber-coming-to-provos-silicon-slopes/
Unrelated, AT&T announces plans for gigabit internet in Provo, UT.

Just kidding... for now.

Alright, Little Rock needs to be next on the list...

CLW
04-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Unrelated, AT&T announces plans for gigabit internet in Provo, UT.

Just kidding... for now.

Alright, Little Rock needs to be next on the list...

They seem to be focusing on what I would consider small market cities so chances of it coming to Houston are probably years away.

morsdraconis
04-17-2013, 06:58 PM
Come on Charleston, WV!

psuexv
04-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Come on Charleston, WV!

Charleston is a great town and all, but what better place to do some testing than a college town with students living all over the town and most living off campus. With accessing classes, and online learning and submitting homework not to mention all the surfing they do there would be a lot of traffic to test. Might as well bring it to Central PA

JBHuskers
04-18-2013, 10:00 AM
Charleston is a great town and all, but what better place to do some testing than a college town with students living all over the town and most living off campus. With accessing classes, and online learning and submitting homework not to mention all the surfing they do there would be a lot of traffic to test.

Yeah you're right. Lincoln, NE should be next.

SmoothPancakes
04-18-2013, 10:01 AM
And here comes the e-penis wars for next city who should be given Google Fiber.

JBHuskers
02-19-2014, 02:18 PM
More cities to hate...

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/19/5426338/google-will-explore-bringing-fiber-34-additional-cities

Google just announced that it's invited cities in nine metro areas across the US to explore "what it would take" to bring its Google Fiber gigabit internet service to more locations. "People are hungrier than ever for faster Internet, and as a result, cities across America are making speed a priority," Google says. "We've long believed that the Internet’s next chapter will be built on gigabit speeds, so it’s fantastic to see this momentum." Google says up to 34 cities in all could potentially receive Fiber service. The nine metro areas where those cities are located include:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•Atlanta, Georgia
•Charlotte, North Carolina
•Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina
•Nashville, Tennessee
•Phoenix, Arizona
•Portland, Oregon
•Salt Lake City, Utah
•San Antonio, Texas
•San Jose, California

Google's hometown of Mountain View, California is also holding talks about Fiber. The company plans to provide an update by the end of 2014 on which destinations will officially join the list of Fiber cities. "Between now and then, we’ll work closely with each city’s leaders on a joint planning process that will not only map out a Google Fiber network in detail, but also assess what unique local challenges we might face," Google says. That includes studying topography, housing density, and local infrastructure.

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/4025115/fibercities.png

Potential cities will also be pitching in to help move that effort along, completing "a checklist of items that will help them get ready for a project of this scale and speed." "For example, they’ll provide us with maps of existing conduit, water, gas and electricity lines so that we can plan where to place fiber," Google says. Cities will also attempt to help Google tap into existing infrastructure like utility poles so the company doesn't have to carry out unnecessarily digging or put up new poles where they already exist.

Currently, Google Fiber is only available in three cities: Kansas City, Austin, and Provo. That relatively small footprint caused plenty of skepticism when Comcast cited Google as a legitimate competitor and a reason its merger with Time Warner Cable should be approved. If Google Fiber expands in a significant way, that argument may start to carry some weight. But Google wants to emphasize that nothing is guaranteed at this stage. "While we do want to bring Fiber to every one of these cities, it might not work out for everyone." But even if some deals don't work out, the company says it will share what it learns from going through this process with each city.

steelerfan
02-19-2014, 02:22 PM
When are they going to tackle a big city? These cities are all bullshit.

oweb26
02-19-2014, 03:00 PM

I stay in Nashville so i take offense To saying all those cities are bullshit :D. I think atlanta would constitute a big city in most peoples eyes. Granted its no new York or anything but you have to crawl before you can walk.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

JBHuskers
02-19-2014, 03:40 PM
I just want a way to pirate into the pipeline from 3 hours away. :D

steelerfan
02-19-2014, 04:04 PM
I stay in Nashville so i take offense To saying all those cities are bullshit :D. I think atlanta would constitute a big city in most peoples eyes. Granted its no new York or anything but you have to crawl before you can walk.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Actually, San Antonio, Phoenix and San Jose are all less "bullshit" than Nashville and, surprisingly, Atlanta.

Top ten cities by population:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

CLW
02-19-2014, 04:43 PM

For the 1st time possibly ever I agree with steelerfan. Gee I wonder why? :nod:

skipwondah33
02-21-2014, 12:47 PM
Well Atlantians can't drive in "severe" weather but they will atleast be able to check the weather forecast about 975+ mbps faster than the majority of us :D

CLW
04-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Google Fiber Challenge: AT&T Eyes 100 Cities for Super-Fast Internet
BY KEITH WAGSTAFF

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/google-fiber-challenge-t-eyes-100-cities-super-fast-internet-n86091

souljahbill
04-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Google Fiber Challenge: AT&T Eyes 100 Cities for Super-Fast Internet
BY KEITH WAGSTAFF

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/google-fiber-challenge-t-eyes-100-cities-super-fast-internet-n86091

Well that sucks. We already have U-Verse. Why can't we get some more interspeedz?

JBHuskers
04-22-2014, 09:37 AM
Someone pluck that pin on KC and move it to Lincoln.

CLW
05-07-2014, 08:31 PM
Google Fiber Gets Snapped Up in Kansas City
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/05/07/google-fiber-gets-snapped-up-in-kansas-city/?mod=yahoo_hs

CLW
01-27-2015, 02:24 PM
GOOGLE FIBER COMING TO 4 MORE US CITIES
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/27/google-fiber-coming-to-4-more-us-cities

JBHuskers
01-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Fuckers.

CLW
01-27-2015, 03:57 PM
Fuckers.

Yep. The city choices seem to be odd. I suppose it is because these markets are "small" and Google is getting $ support from the local government to setup the wiring or whatever it is they need.

JBHuskers
01-28-2015, 10:16 AM
Yeah that means they should come to Lincoln :nod:

CLW
01-28-2015, 01:26 PM
Yeah that means they should come to Lincoln :nod:

Man it takes you Huskers years to approve of a single oil pipeline. Google ain't gonna wait around to find out if Nebraska wants to join the new millennium with high speed internet. :nod:

JBHuskers
11-17-2015, 11:14 AM
We're getting gigabit internet, but not until 2019.

http://journalstar.com/business/local/ultra-fast-internet-service-is-coming-to-lincoln/article_9f03e887-5ca2-5d2d-ba85-9f7821bb05cc.html#utm_source=%5Bdomain%5D&utm_campaign=%2Femail-updates%2Fbreaking%2F&utm_medium=email&utm_content=headline

gschwendt
05-11-2017, 12:40 PM
Moving to Raleigh has it's benefits... just installed today.

http://beta.speedtest.net/result/6289837414.png

cdj
05-11-2017, 12:51 PM
That internet is so fast it was posted here before you finished typing it.

bdoughty
05-11-2017, 02:10 PM
I could download all of the porn on the internet with that. :)

steelerfan
05-11-2017, 02:21 PM
That internet is so fast it was posted here before you finished typing it.
😁😁😁

steelerfan
05-11-2017, 02:21 PM
I could download all of the porn on the internet with that. :)
What do you think Tommy did first? 🤔

bdoughty
05-11-2017, 02:45 PM
What do you think Tommy did first? 樂

:sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm:: sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm:ht tp://i.imgur.com/S0O00pE.gif
:sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm:: sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm::sperm:ht tp://i.imgur.com/S0O00pE.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Y5rxK0A.jpg

JBHuskers
05-12-2017, 10:04 AM
What do you think Tommy did first? ��

http://p.fod4.com/p/media/08b93f0123/eKTJdjIERZG5ZJH0Najf_j8.gif